Page 73 of 87 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,460 of 1727

For those of you wondering about the planner and the upcoming enhancement overhaul, here is the latest news.

We are working on it. Dragonstar and I have been skeletoning together the new system. We are essentially going to be duplicating the enhancement screen in the game.

We took all the old code for enhancements and basically threw it out (which is scary. Just in text files, that was 17,000 lines of text, plus all the actual code itself, we probably chunked 20K lines of data, all together).

Dragon has been working on a format for the new text files and has put in three of the trees (for Warforged, Bladeforged, and Drow), and I think we are up to about 500 lines of text for that now. I have been writing new classes for the enhancements (mostly at this point just to read in the new data). I think Dragon is planning on working on the new UI for the system, once we've got all the data read into the program.

As to what is already done, Dragon added in the Bladeforged race, as well as levels 26-28. So we are all set there. I have been working long term on that new printout. It is, essentially, done at the moment with some caveats (there are three more sections to add, but right now they are just stubs [Enhancements, Destinies, and Pets], so there is nothing for me to do with them yet until we get those sections added), and also I still have to go back and finish the "Defense" section. But otherwise it is finished.

I believe we have a few other misc odds and ends to work on for the U19 release (updating feats and spells and whatnot). A few bugs to squash. And that ought to be it. I think at that point we will have a release for you guys. And I hope this appears some time right around when U19 hits (that gives us less than two weeks, we'll do our best).

Short term, we are also planning on doing the destinies. I believe the plan is to get started on those right after we finish the enhancement update release.

A bit longer term, after the EDs, I'm going to get into overhauling the forum output functions (including finally giving you guys template creation abilities). And then pets are on the docket.

So that's both the short terms and long term plans for the planner. Once we have the new enhancement UI up and at least sort of running, I'll show you guys a screenshot. So stay tuned...
    The locus of my identity is totally exterior to me.
    "On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata

DDO Character Planner (Version 04.25.03) (Preview Screenshot) - Now with Warlocky goodness!
    Let's Play DDO!! - My attempt to video document a FULL runthrough of DDO, completionist style (Currently working through level 3 quests)

Ron,

What you have done for the community is great. I can't even imagine the work you put into this. That you manage to keep it up-to-date is a character trait not often seen.

Thank you for your hard work and contribution to our community.

Thank you so much for all the work you do, Ron!

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    We took all the old code for enhancements and basically threw it out (which is scary. Just in text files, that was 17,000 lines of text, plus all the actual code itself, we probably chunked 20K lines of data, all together).
    I wonder if the the Devs felt the same way when they started on this project?
    The problem is never how to get new, innovative thoughts into your mind, but how to get old ones out. Every mind is a building filled with archaic furniture. Clean out a corner of your mind and creativity will instantly fill it.
    Dee Hock

Community Member Book_O_Dragons's Avatar

Can we please get a plain text export option?
    my guild site won't take the current code.
    The worst problem on the DDO forums right now

Primary Server: Khyber ~~~ Officer in Knights of Kern

Thank you very much, for real!

I mean it, i think that if you (Ron and his co-workers) didnt build this awesome tool for the community it had been very difficult to:
    - build so many ideas to try on characters
    - show up and discuss easily your build in forum
    - learn so many info about character creation

and more...

keep the hard work and thank you again

Kal
    Proud officer of Zuleicos (Thelanis) - Mikaelus (Melee) ; Akhnaroth (Caster) ; Kraneo (Healbot) ; Leonardu (Melee) ; Tormentazul (Melee)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoglum
    Come play Dungeons and Dragons! In heroic play you will face the evil minions of Demons... When and if you make it to Epic levels you face even greater threats. Threats like... giant rats and wolves!

Community Member

For those of you wondering about the planner and the upcoming enhancement overhaul, here is the latest news.

We are working on it. Dragonstar and I have been skeletoning together the new system. We are essentially going to be duplicating the enhancement screen in the game.

Dragon has been working on a format for the new text files and has put in three of the trees (for Warforged, Bladeforged, and Drow), and I think we are up to about 500 lines of text for that now. I have been writing new classes for the enhancements (mostly at this point just to read in the new data). I think Dragon is planning on working on the new UI for the system, once we've got all the data read into the program.

As to what is already done, Dragon added in the Bladeforged race, as well as levels 26-28. So we are all set there. I have been working long term on that new printout. It is, essentially, done at the moment with some caveats (there are three more sections to add, but right now they are just stubs [Enhancements, Destinies, and Pets], so there is nothing for me to do with them yet until we get those sections added), and also I still have to go back and finish the "Defense" section. But otherwise it is finished.

I believe we have a few other misc odds and ends to work on for the U19 release (updating feats and spells and whatnot). A few bugs to squash. And that ought to be it. I think at that point we will have a release for you guys. And I hope this appears some time right around when U19 hits (that gives us less than two weeks, we'll do our best).

Short term, we are also planning on doing the destinies. I believe the plan is to get started on those right after we finish the enhancement update release.

A bit longer term, after the EDs, I'm going to get into overhauling the forum output functions (including finally giving you guys template creation abilities). And then pets are on the docket.

So that's both the short terms and long term plans for the planner. Once we have the new enhancement UI up and at least sort of running, I'll show you guys a screenshot. So stay tuned...

wow all i can say is thankyou,thankyou, thankyou.
    you sir and dragon are diamonds

your friend sil

Blogger and Hatchery Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council
    Texas - the most "MURICA!" part of 'murica! rawr

Ron... you and your crew are amazing.

Thank you.

the official home of LOLWUT

LONG LIVE R.O.G.U.E ! Pay2Win AND PROUD
    Q: how do you get me to instantly appear in a thread? A: ask a bard question!

Awesome work Ron thanks for everything you and your co-workers do on this project! I would like to ask if it is possible to make the planner re-sizable in that the window can be made bigger just like any other window in Windows, I find it rather squashed and a little difficult to read so having the whole window bigger (full screen) would be an immense help. I have no idea if this is even doable and if not then no worries at all

Thanks again!

Stoner81.

Kudos to you and your crew for the time and effort you put into this project. Thanks Dragon for taking the lead on the new enhancements.
    The Old Timers Guild

Thanks for all the time and effort guys
    I believe in mind over matter. If I don't mind, it doesn't matter.

Sarlona! Yep, back again.

Thumbs up Thanks Ron

Wow!
    So happy to see this.

I've thought about the planner and it's future often since talk about the enhancement pass started. I just couldn't work up the gall to ask if you were going to take on such a herculean task.

Kudos to you and everyone else who has and is working on the planner. Thank you providing and maintaining such a useful tool.
    Quote Originally Posted by MalkavianX View Post
    and then dropped it like a burning kitten

Quote Originally Posted by Stoner81 View Post
    I would like to ask if it is possible to make the planner re-sizable in that the window can be made bigger just like any other window in Windows, I find it rather squashed and a little difficult to read so having the whole window bigger (full screen) would be an immense help. I have no idea if this is even doable and if not then no worries at all
    Possible, yes, but it would be a metric ton of work. It's not like a web browser where it auto-scales on the fly; he would have to manually write logic to rescale all the controls based on window size. And that's a major pain.

The Mad Multiclasser Failedlegend's Avatar

Seriously Ron (and friends) your tool and your dedication to it is amazing...making sure that all the numbers and math fit together right without much effort on the users part makes build compiling so much quicker (there's been many a build that sounded good until i plugged them into your builder which nicely pointed out fatal flaws for me)
    Last edited by Failedlegend; 08-08-2013 at 11:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Failedlegend View Post

Seriously Ron (and friends) your tool and your dedication to it is amazing...making sure that all the numbers and math fit together right without much effort on the users part makes build compiling so much quicker (there's been many a build that sounded good until i plugged them into your builder which nicely pointed out fatal flaws for me)
    Wayne and Garth are right. Naturally, we (as a community) will continue to point out those errors that creep in, but only because we care. You guys are our heroes.
    Goe ahed... korekt mah spelin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Book_O_Dragons View Post
    Can we please get a plain text export option?
    my guild site won't take the current code.
    With the forum templates system we have in mind, you should be able to do this, yes. You will be able to create whatever sort of output with whatever sort of codes your forum takes and save it as a template. Using that template, you will be able to output all your character builds in that format.

That system is a little ways into the future, but not so far now. Once we get past this enhancment and ED thing, that will be what I will be working on.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoner81 View Post
    Awesome work Ron thanks for everything you and your co-workers do on this project! I would like to ask if it is possible to make the planner re-sizable in that the window can be made bigger just like any other window in Windows, I find it rather squashed and a little difficult to read so having the whole window bigger (full screen) would be an immense help. I have no idea if this is even doable and if not then no worries at all
    Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    Possible, yes, but it would be a metric ton of work. It's not like a web browser where it auto-scales on the fly; he would have to manually write logic to rescale all the controls based on window size. And that's a major pain.
    Uh, we added that functionality long ago. And yes, it was a major PITA. The window is resizable, and all the controls ought to scale automatically. I don't remember (in all honestly, and I'm too lazy to fire up the program right now) if we did all the sub-windows as well, but I know for sure the main window can be resized to whatever you want.

Thanks everyone for the kind words. We will try to live up to them
    Last edited by Ron; 08-09-2013 at 07:46 AM.
    "On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata

DDO Character Planner (Version 04.25.03) (Preview Screenshot) - Now with Warlocky goodness!
    Let's Play DDO!! - My attempt to video document a FULL runthrough of DDO, completionist style (Currently working through level 3 quests)

Uh, we added that functionality long ago.
    Duh! I'm so dopey; I actually remember when you added it, too.

The reason I forget is because the scaling doesn't work very well on my system. Windows XP, and with my bad eyesight I used 800x600 until I was forced to go to 1024x768 when DDO added that bigger AH interface. In order to save my eyes I kicked up the DPI from regular (96 DPI) to large (120 DPI) so that everything in Windows is bigger. (Display => Settings => Advanced)

Using a nonstandard DPI makes auto-scaling...suboptimal. The auto-scaling routines I've written for my apps have the same issue. It's fixable, but I haven't bothered to fix my apps that I use myself so I can't really ask you to fix yours. heh.

If you guys are interested in following along at home (heh), here is our ToDo list for the planner that Dragonstar put together for us (so we could keep track of who is doing what so we don't end up duplicate a lot of work).

http://www.rjcyberware.com/forums/sh...nner-Todo-List

Everything on this list is meant to be done before the next release (with the exception of the stuff listed as "Long Term Goals"). We may or may not put out a release before we are done with Epic Destinies, but even if we do, the EDs will be right behind with a release of their own.

We're up to over 4000 lines of text for the enhancement text file data (and that's with only 9 trees completed). So it's running close to 500 lines per tree, or a bit less. By my count, there are a total of 46 trees in the game. This is by far what is taking us the longest, grabbing all that data out of Lama and typing it into the planner. So if anyone wants to help out with that, do let us know!

[It would be really great if we could get them all input before Lama goes down, as it helps to be able to make a character that you can immediately level to 20 and have points to spend to get all the descriptions from all the various ranks].

Anyway, we are making progress, if somewhat slower than everyone would like But it's coming along....

Community Member whereispowderedsilve's Avatar

Ron just making sure u know about this:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1XEiRynfK4LT3VISkI1ZEtaaFk/edit?pli=1

right? Just making sure. *trying 2 be helpful* Cheers! Keep up the great work! U ROCK! :P! !
    http://dillonpfaff5.wix.com/theob Sign this!!!: http://goo.gl/vS6htg

DDO toll free support phone#: 855-WBGAMES (855-924-2637)

Quote Originally Posted by whereispowderedsilve View Post
    Ron just making sure u know about this:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1XEiRynfK4LT3VISkI1ZEtaaFk/edit?pli=1

right? Just making sure. *trying 2 be helpful* Cheers! Keep up the great work! U ROCK! :P! !
    Yeah, I know about it, thanks. It's one of the resources we've been using

Page 73 of 87 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783 ... LastLast