Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Reality Check

Default Reality Check

When was the last time a mod was released on time?

I rest my case.

Drama queens, please go away now.

Community Member Lorien_the_First_One's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Seosamh View Post

I rest my case.

that was a valid excuse for the first three delays. As for the homophobic insult /reported

Quote Originally Posted by Lorien_the_First_One View Post
    that was a valid excuse for the first three delays. As for the homophobic insult /reported
    LMAO, I think perhaps you should look up Drama Queen, as it has nothing to do with ones sexual preference. But thanks for letting us all know that you are easily insulted, drama queen.

Edit: BTW, I said go away.
    Last edited by Seosamh; 08-01-2009 at 11:14 AM.

I rest my case.

Mod 4 I believe.
    970 sp and counting
    Help Fix Ranged Combat for Everyone. Come help complete the DDO Wiki

There is a very large difference between a couple days or a couple weeks late and many, many months late.
    Shmuel Xadin Xadins Errand Mohnster Yitzhak

I rest my case.

Wow, if that is your entire case, dont go to law school.

So at what point do you feel a late release HAS passed the too long mark?

6 months? 12 months? 24 months? Because were at 9 months and getting longer.

And beg all you want, we wont go away (well, actually I will go away on August 21 when my sub expires ) and you have no ability to make us, only Turbine does and their doing a fine job of it already.
    Naggesh-Drow Wiz PM TR--Borax DethAxe-Dwarf Rng/Mnk/Fgt--Accomplice of the Sorcerer-WF Arti TR --Ombrah the Outcast-BF Pali--Luxxs Interior-Human Bard WC--Xeak the Dirty-1/2ling Rog Assassin--Poli Styrene-Human Arti

Quote Originally Posted by GreenGurgler View Post
    Wow, if that is your entire case, dont go to law school.

So at what point do you feel a late release HAS passed the too long mark?

6 months? 12 months? 24 months? Because were at 9 months and getting longer.

And beg all you want, we wont go away (well, actually I will go away on August 21 when my sub expires ) and you have no ability to make us, only Turbine does and their doing a fine job of it already.
    Don't worry, not going to law school, I have no interest in chasing ambulances.

In fact, I'm in school for mechanical engineering, which you should not attend because they require a good bit of math.

Let's do the not so complicated computation shall we?

Turbine said, "new mod on August 1st."

now

Turbine says, "new mod on September 1st."

A little more background information for the chronologically impaired:

August is the 8th month.

September is the 9th month.

9 - 8 = 1

That would be one month later than initially scheduled, not nine months.

Clearly you missed the point when they promised us the update to be around the time of the anniversary. The anniversary passed months ago.

The mod is long overdo and to hold it off again is just the last straw for some of us. If you want to continue to support this company so be it, but not everyone is going to stand for it.

This mod has been delayed so long at least two the Devs have found the time to reproduce within the span of the delay. That's impressive.

Don't worry, not going to law school, I have no interest in chasing ambulances.

In fact, I'm in school for mechanical engineering, which you should not attend because they require a good bit of math.

now

August is the 8th month.

9 - 8 = 1

You must also have missed Kate's ( I believe it was Kate's) interview with 10ton last fall before mod 8 went Live, where she stated, that while the Level cap wasn't going up in mod 8, they expected to release mod 9 with cap increase by December...
    (Say): Haywire says, '"Hey, I don't come into yer home and play with things."'

I live in Stormreach, but I occasionaly play something called "Real Life."

I rest my case.

Since there has only been one update since you joined, let me give you perspective. Originally DDO had monthly content updates, and quarterly modules. Then DDO dropped the monthly update, and only added content quarterly. Then last year DDO went to biannual updates, and now we are over 9 months without one.

On the other hand, in Turbine's LOTRO, the quarterly updates keep on flowing, and apparently on time.

now

August is the 8th month.

9 - 8 = 1

LOL, wow, I need to make sure never to enter any structure you had a hand in engineering as you like to conveniently ignore facts that don't fit into your equation. ( I don't care what the stated fb of steel is, it wont deflect more than I want it to because it doesn't fit what I want it to do...)

Yes, this most RECENT delay is just one more month (or more if past performance is any indicator of future) but you ignore the existence of a universe prior to this week.

Turbine has been promising Mod 9since the end of 2008. So that puts the delay at closer to 9 months not 1 month.

January to September is 9 months, not one.

Go ahead and deceive yourself if it makes this easier for you to bear but don't expect those who have been paying attention for the past year to drink your kool-aid.
    Naggesh-Drow Wiz PM TR--Borax DethAxe-Dwarf Rng/Mnk/Fgt--Accomplice of the Sorcerer-WF Arti TR --Ombrah the Outcast-BF Pali--Luxxs Interior-Human Bard WC--Xeak the Dirty-1/2ling Rog Assassin--Poli Styrene-Human Arti

Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    This mod has been delayed so long at least two the Devs have found the time to reproduce within the span of the delay. That's impressive.
    B E A U T I F U L !!!!!!

So well said... LOL

The wait is really getting old...

BUT... better another delay than servers that can't handle the load from new players and won't let us at least play mod 8.

Should they have thought of this sooner? yes. But at least they thought of it -before- the servers went to their knees.

Ok, not the typed interview I wanted, but....

http://www.tentonhammer.com/node/41259

At the end, she says hoping for "Mod 9 by the end of the year"
    (Say): Haywire says, '"Hey, I don't come into yer home and play with things."'

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cataclysm View Post
    Clearly you missed the point when they promised us the update to be around the time of the anniversary. The anniversary passed months ago.

The mod is long overdo and to hold it off again is just the last straw for some of us. If you want to continue to support this company so be it, but not everyone is going to stand for it.
    That's a very strong word. Link? (To the promise.)

Quote Originally Posted by cdemeritt View Post
    You must also have missed Kate's ( I believe it was Kate's) interview with 10ton last fall before mod 8 went Live, where she stated, that while the Level cap wasn't going up in mod 8, they expected to release mod 9 with cap increase by December...
    Didn't miss it, I've just been around long enough to know that if Turbine says they expect something, or are hoping for something, or think something, it's just smoke and mirrors.

Can anyone show me proof that we were told any specific date prior to August 1st?

Quote Originally Posted by Rickpa View Post
    Since there has only been one update since you joined, let me give you perspective. Originally DDO had monthly content updates, and quarterly modules. Then DDO dropped the monthly update, and only added content quarterly. Then last year DDO went to biannual updates, and now we are over 9 months without one.

On the other hand, in Turbine's LOTRO, the quarterly updates keep on flowing, and apparently on time.
    Please learn to read.

What does my join date say?

I was probably pulling my first +1 tome out of the giant caves before you even knew what a tome was.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenGurgler View Post
    LOL, wow, I need to make sure never to enter any structure you had a hand in engineering as you like to conveniently ignore facts that don't fit into your equation. ( I don't care what the stated fb of steel is, it wont deflect more than I want it to because it doesn't fit what I want it to do...)

Yes, this most RECENT delay is just one more month (or more if past performance is any indicator of future) but you ignore the existence of a universe prior to this week.

Turbine has been promising Mod 9since the end of 2008. So that puts the delay at closer to 9 months not 1 month.

January to September is 9 months, not one.

Go ahead and deceive yourself if it makes this easier for you to bear but don't expect those who have been paying attention for the past year to drink your kool-aid.
    There's that word again, the burden of proof lies on you, Mr. Prosecutor.

I live in Stormreach, but I occasionaly play something called "Real Life."

Please learn to read.

What does my join date say?

I was probably pulling my first +1 tome out of the giant caves before you even knew what a tome was.
    Yep, I failed on that one. Probably looked at the wrong header. Likewise, you clearly have failed to look to see my founder status. Indeed, if you were in beta before February 2006, you likely did pull that tome before I played, but I knew what a tome was back when I played AD&D.

My point still stands.

It is very kind of you to give a live target for players to unleash anger on. I am sure it will help.

I have never understood why they tied Mod 9 in with f2p. The folks at Turbine have never understood the player base. It showed with the server merge. Power gamers are oil and casual players are water, mixing the two will not give you salad dressing, just a mess.

They should have kicked the level cap up before f2p, that would remove the risk of mixing new players with vets who hate to play with new players. Mod 10 would have been a better one to tie in f2p.

Not into Drama, but I am the Queen of my family, just ask my husband or kids. Not going away yet, but I am closer to the door. That is sad, not dramatic.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast