Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 535
  1. #21
    Community Member ddobard1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    3BC
    Posts
    1,045

    Thumbs up 4th edition divinity good idea

    For instance, what about people think how it would work the divinitys in DDO? I think it was an idea that brings some new excitement to the game. New variables, more diversity between our characters and 'life' routes. just a thought.

  2. #22
    Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council
    Uska's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Moosehead Lake
    Posts
    23,483

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aspenor View Post
    PHB 2 in 3.5 is a splat book.

    PHB 2+ in 4.0 are absolutely required to have core classes like barbarians, druids, and bards.
    yup and they are going to pretty much make as many books like that they can classic money grab tactic.

    The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

  3. #23
    Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council
    Uska's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Moosehead Lake
    Posts
    23,483

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ddobard1 View Post
    For instance, what about people think how it would work the divinitys in DDO? I think it was an idea that brings some new excitement to the game. New variables, more diversity between our characters and 'life' routes. just a thought.
    I dont see any use it that. seems more of a pnp thing.

    The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

  4. #24
    Community Member ddobard1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    3BC
    Posts
    1,045

    Smile PHB2 core classes

    I dont understand why they didnt put the core classes of PHB2 in PHB1?! When i started PHB2 imediately noticed something was missing! Please this in ancient times and barbaric ones!

  5. #25
    Community Member EKKM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,663

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aspenor View Post
    PHB 2 in 3.5 is a splat book.

    PHB 2+ in 4.0 are absolutely required to have core classes like barbarians, druids, and bards.
    Bah, anything other than Fighting man, Cleric and Magic-User are splatbook classes. I sometimes allow my players to use the thief from that overpowered Greyhawk expansion.

    Edit: say no to 4.0 - it's for pinko - commies

    Aerak the Bulwark-Awryn Shadowblade-Aerrik Lightbringer
    Member of D.W.A.T.

  6. #26
    Community Member sephiroth1084's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Staten Island, NY
    Posts
    12,813

    Default

    While I agree that, as a whole, 4E is a huge step down from 3.x, I do feel that there are some positive things that 4E has introduced that may translate well to DDO.

    Translating DDO over to 4E entirely, though, would be equivalent to Turbine setting fire to their own offices.
    Useful links: A Guide to Using a Gamepad w/ DDO / All Caster Shroud, Hard Shroud, VoD, ToD Einhander, Elochka, Ferrumrym, Ferrumdermis, Ferrumshot, Ferrumblood, Ferrumender, Ferrumshadow, Ferrumschtik All proud officers of The Loreseekers. Except Bruucelee, he's a Sentinel!

  7. #27
    Hero Hellllboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Posts
    927

    Default

    There is a game that already uses 4.0 rules...its called WoW! (jk)

  8. #28
    Community Member transtemporal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    In the Donjon with Mad Gerald
    Posts
    3,543

    Default

    I'm ashamed to say it, but I might be slightly warming to it. Its far easier to run than 3.5 was as a DM.

    I do agree on the PHB2 though. "We'll put all the crappy classes in the first book, then put all the good classes like bbn, sorc in the second one".
    Some toons with Cow in the name, and some without.

  9. #29
    Community Member ddobard1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    3BC
    Posts
    1,045

    Post Following

    The question is should DDO watch the way PnP is going or stay anchored to 3.5 Edition? My feeling is that DDO should follow PnP route carefully and without rush. All the changes implemented being result of echos from PnP. Of course alll the quests, races, classes,equipment available are valid, so you arent starting no fire at all.

  10. #30
    Founder Shaamis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    3,523

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uska_d'Orien View Post
    UMMM NO 4E is the worst excuse for dnd bar none there ever was. In order to make it like 4E they would have to shut it down and start over basicly this is 3.5 dnd sort of and you cant really add much from 4E without totaly changing what ddo is.
    QFT, DDO cannot be converted to 4.0 withough turning it inside out:

    convert all classes, full respec for everyone, all of the equipment would have to change, all of the powers would have to change, and ddo would become a click/wait system like other WoW-clones.

    I play 4th ed. and 3.5 currently, and while they can't be compared to each other accurately, they both do have charms that make them great.

    4th ed. is VERY simplistic, and since the primary PnP playerbase loves teh intricacy that 3.5 offered, to revert to such a simplistic form almost feels like base treachery on the part of WotC.

    To a point I agree, but I also understand from a business standpoint why it was made.

    Besides, Basic D&D and Advanced D&D division has been dead for years, why not re-invent it in the form of 4th ed. and Paizo's 3.75 ?*
    Shaamis is REBORN!

    Stronger!Faster! DRUNKER THAN EVER!!!

  11. #31
    The Front Side Gratch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Sunnyvale, Cactus Area
    Posts
    2,917

    Default

    There was a newsfeed rumor somewhere that Atari (holder of the D&D license) may have their MMO-barfing Cryptic produce a D&D MMO. I'm sure if they did it would be a 4th edition based MMO.

    Wonder what they'd call it to differentiate from Turbine's D&D Online:
    City of Dragons? Dungeons of Heroes? Champions of the Dungeons? DragonTrek:Online?

    I kind of like the last one.... piloting your dragon all over for hours and hours looking for other dragons to fight.

    As to 4th edition PnP... someone got expensive books all over the cancelled D&D 3.5ed minis game.
    Last edited by Gratch; 07-30-2009 at 03:25 PM. Reason: added rumor link
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    DO NOT DO THIS. We are investigating.

  12. #32
    Community Member SpanishBlueEyes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Hohenfels, Germany
    Posts
    359

    Default

    Ok i am going to say this and i will not try to **** off too many 4.0 lovers but i am about to play 4.0 just so that i can comfirm how much i don't like it. but i would leave DDO if they change thw WHOLE rule set for 4.0. to me it is like taking the great things of DnD and getting rid of them.
    Rakellalea, Razakiller, Spritefire, Eekk THELANIS
    Originally Posted by eclipsechild
    My problem is getting worse. I tried to involve her, so I rolled a human female barbarian two handed tank with low Int and named it after her. What did I do wrong?

  13. #33
    Community Member Damionic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    ENGLAND
    Posts
    606

    Default Devils Advocate

    Im probberly going to get a fonging like ive never been fonged before.......yet

    I quite like D&D 4.0....but this is not the question of who likes...and who prefers ready salted to dry roasted.....It dosent really matter.

    Only a question I throw to you...

    If not for D&D 4.0.....what else is there?
    I'm here because your not WISHING HARD ENOUGH!!

  14. #34
    Community Member Riorik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,379

    Default

    An abomination. 4th is DnD in name only.
    Ghallanda ReRolled Naxy-Transil-Kottol-Nax-Riorsil-Riorik-Kaol

  15. #35
    Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council
    Uska's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Moosehead Lake
    Posts
    23,483

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ddobard1 View Post
    The question is should DDO watch the way PnP is going or stay anchored to 3.5 Edition? My feeling is that DDO should follow PnP route carefully and without rush. All the changes implemented being result of echos from PnP. Of course alll the quests, races, classes,equipment available are valid, so you arent starting no fire at all.
    Well thats the best way to lose me and some others is to follow wotc down the loo and even with the changes we look nothing like 4E

    The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

  16. #36
    Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council
    Uska's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Moosehead Lake
    Posts
    23,483

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shaamis View Post
    QFT, DDO cannot be converted to 4.0 withough turning it inside out:

    convert all classes, full respec for everyone, all of the equipment would have to change, all of the powers would have to change, and ddo would become a click/wait system like other WoW-clones.

    I play 4th ed. and 3.5 currently, and while they can't be compared to each other accurately, they both do have charms that make them great.

    4th ed. is VERY simplistic, and since the primary PnP playerbase loves teh intricacy that 3.5 offered, to revert to such a simplistic form almost feels like base treachery on the part of WotC.

    To a point I agree, but I also understand from a business standpoint why it was made.

    Besides, Basic D&D and Advanced D&D division has been dead for years, why not re-invent it in the form of 4th ed. and Paizo's 3.75 ?*


    Glad you like 4E me cant stand it way to bland for me, but it finaly gave me the courage to dump wotc and go with hackmaster 5th ed. you should check it out has a very old school and hackmaster is no longer the well sellilng joke that 4th editon was(if you know anything about that that is)

    The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

  17. #37
    Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council
    Uska's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Moosehead Lake
    Posts
    23,483

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gratch View Post
    There was a newsfeed rumor somewhere that Atari (holder of the D&D license) may have their MMO-barfing Cryptic produce a D&D MMO. I'm sure if they did it would be a 4th edition based MMO.

    Wonder what they'd call it to differentiate from Turbine's D&D Online:
    City of Dragons? Dungeons of Heroes? Champions of the Dungeons? DragonTrek:Online?

    I kind of like the last one.... piloting your dragon all over for hours and hours looking for other dragons to fight.

    As to 4th edition PnP... someone got expensive books all over the cancelled D&D 3.5ed minis game.


    The Moonshae Isles

    The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

  18. #38
    Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council
    Uska's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Moosehead Lake
    Posts
    23,483

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Damionic View Post
    Im probberly going to get a fonging like ive never been fonged before.......yet

    I quite like D&D 4.0....but this is not the question of who likes...and who prefers ready salted to dry roasted.....It dosent really matter.

    Only a question I throw to you...

    If not for D&D 4.0.....what else is there?
    Hackmaster 5th editon its a billion times the game 4E is. I like it better then 3.5 myself but then my fave dnd is 1st ed ad&d

    The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

  19. #39
    Community Member ddobard1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    3BC
    Posts
    1,045

    Post Some Hints To DDO

    Instances of interesting stuff available in PnP 4th Edition:
    - PHB1 suggestion for entering initial ability scores (cuts abilities inflation);
    - PHB1 suggestion for ability scores bonus from races (dont get negative numbers);
    - An improvement to levels (30);
    - Deities;
    - Number of feats available for each character(more options);
    - Attacks rolls, damage, saves new formulas;
    - Choose from 2 abilities the core ability to defenses(AC, Saves);

    The point is this: this game's name is DnD(O) and there is D&D PnP as a theoric reference to players(players like to be playing the newest release). May be DDO should ask from times to times PnP to know the future paths of PnP. DDO should take PnP 4th edition with ease, PnP says this is D&D for a decade!
    But PnP never will be DDO and DDO never will be PnP!

  20. #40
    Founder joker965's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Sheboygan
    Posts
    1,130

    Default 2nd

    I play PnP AD&D about 4 times a month. We play a very house modified 2nd edition AD&D game. We already came up with much of the 3rd edition stuff as house rules before it came out. We did not however change the entire game/combat mechanic. In our opinion D&D jumped the shark as a PnP game when 3.0 came out. That was us telling everyone that 3.0 was just a money grab back then. 4.0 is a funny joke. It is D&D in name only because WOTC owns the rights.

    It would be like if George Lucas makes another Star Wars except now all of the Jedi wear pink tutus and their force is powered by big macs. It is still Star Wars because George owns it.
    Anything that doesn't kill us can still hurt really bad.

    The Joker

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload