Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 35 of 35
  1. #21
    Community Member Velexia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,730

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Missing_Minds View Post
    No they do not. The "naked" kobold may, but non of the graphics for headgear or armor will work on them. Add to the fact that weapons would need another slider attribute to resize them as appropriate.
    They're about the same size as a halfling -shrug-
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    Get more Aliens quotes into Voice Chat: This makes the "evac" a much more tactical choice, and puts some serious pressure on the rest of the group when your Wizard leaves. "Game over man, game over! Now what the **** are we supposed to do?"

  2. #22
    Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    work....
    Posts
    30,355

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Velexia View Post
    They're about the same size as a halfling -shrug-
    A dog is about the same size as a human child. Fit the dog into the child's pants please.

  3. #23
    Community Member Velexia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,730

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Missing_Minds View Post
    A dog is about the same size as a human child. Fit the dog into the child's pants please.
    I thought we were talking about weapon scaling =)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    Get more Aliens quotes into Voice Chat: This makes the "evac" a much more tactical choice, and puts some serious pressure on the rest of the group when your Wizard leaves. "Game over man, game over! Now what the **** are we supposed to do?"

  4. #24
    Founder Psyk0sisS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    958

    Default

    2H Piercing...can use the Q-Staff attack graphic, just make the tips pointy. That way we can have a 2h with Banishing on it Or an even cooler idea, would be to have a steardy spear type wpn that can be used as ranged or melee...of course it'd have to be a returner for that.
    -KHYBER- Current Mains: Dios D'Muerte - Barb>FvS>Bard>Wiz>Art / Deeos D'Muerte - 20 Ninja(TR2) / Draugar D'Muerte - 20 Ninja (TR1) .Deyna D'Muerte - 20 Assassin x3 (TR2)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    ..Got a lunch break? A smoke break? You too can conspire with bacon

  5. #25
    Community Member baylensman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    1,431

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Missing_Minds View Post
    No they do not. The "naked" kobold may, but non of the graphics for headgear or armor will work on them. Add to the fact that weapons would need another slider attribute to resize them as appropriate.
    Plenty of armored and weaponed kolbolds in higher end quests (enter the kolbold ect)

    A tell in party chat when some one speaks kinda lie CC for tv maybe not voice to write but at least (party chat) tell <member> is speaking. so those without audio (players at work ect) at least know that something is occuring.

    2H Piercing...can use the Q-Staff attack graphic, just make the tips pointy. That way we can have a 2h with Banishing on it Or an even cooler idea, would be to have a steardy spear type wpn that can be used as ranged or melee...of course it'd have to be a returner for that.
    Accorind to DDO cast and the interview with the DEVs it's coming in next mod after EU goes live

    Sarlona Guild of the Black Dragon
    Egrofraw, Eighttrack, Fearstryker, Foecleaver, Ferricgnome, Rustoleum, SoPretty

  6. #26
    Community Member Velexia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,730

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by baylensman View Post
    2H Piercing...can use the Q-Staff attack graphic, just make the tips pointy. That way we can have a 2h with Banishing on it Or an even cooler idea, would be to have a steardy spear type wpn that can be used as ranged or melee...of course it'd have to be a returner for that.

    Accorind to DDO cast and the interview with the DEVs it's coming in next mod after EU goes live
    By that you mean, a single weapon, that can be acquired as raid loot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    Get more Aliens quotes into Voice Chat: This makes the "evac" a much more tactical choice, and puts some serious pressure on the rest of the group when your Wizard leaves. "Game over man, game over! Now what the **** are we supposed to do?"

  7. #27
    Community Member Velexia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,730

    Default

    Updated! From now on, when I post new updates, I will post the newest stuff in green text =)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    Get more Aliens quotes into Voice Chat: This makes the "evac" a much more tactical choice, and puts some serious pressure on the rest of the group when your Wizard leaves. "Game over man, game over! Now what the **** are we supposed to do?"

  8. #28
    Stormreach Advisor
    Founder
    winsom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    2,630

    Default Summon Animal-Monster spells

    You mentioned Druid. I have been looking forward to the Druid in DDO for a very long time.

    I think it is great that Turbine has been doing work on artificial intelligence and a hireling system. The possibility is very real now for improved AI creatures that are summoned by class ability or spell.

    I think we should get an upgrade to the Summon Monster line of DDO spells.

    These have been sorely-lacking ever since they were introduced. In DDO adventures of all level ranges, summons are pretty much never used except as entertainment value version of minor damage-dealing that can be done better by wands (that are almost never used).

    The current summons are mostly a toothless distraction for enemy monsters and we have better spells for monster AI-exploitation, so lets see an upgrade to Summons to make more varied game-play!

    The current Summon Monster spells also lack the variety of the D&D spells.

    We can currently summon an earth elemental, so why not a fire or air elemental ? These are in the game already as enemies for us to fight. We should get the option of sending our versions of them against these same enemies ! What about higher CR versions of these creature types at different spell levels?

    Druids are intended to be masters of the summoning domain. It seems only natural to me that Turbine buff-up and add variety to the Summon Line of spells before the Druid class is introduced. Entice us with another useful element to DDO game-play and let these summons herald the coming of the class that will be the true master of the wilds and elements!

    I think it is always a great thing to have yet another healing-fighting capable class to help keep other teammates alive. Favored Soul is a nice addition, but the Druid is Core D&D and much needed for DDO to be more "complete" compared to the game it draws inspiration from.

    On Throwing Stars: These are useful in D&D because they gain the benefits of being monk weapons when thrown by a monk: Up to two extra attacks per cycle compared to throwing dagger. They also get full strength damage bonus each. When a monk uses them in DDO they need to fire and "re-load" extremely fast and have built-in Manyshot for each attack.
    Last edited by winsom; 08-09-2009 at 05:06 AM.

  9. #29
    Community Member Velexia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,730

    Default

    Small little update (something everyone knows we need)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    Get more Aliens quotes into Voice Chat: This makes the "evac" a much more tactical choice, and puts some serious pressure on the rest of the group when your Wizard leaves. "Game over man, game over! Now what the **** are we supposed to do?"

  10. #30
    Community Member Aerendil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,494

    Default

    Yep, so true regarding the Summon line. In PnP, it was often *far* more deadly to an enemy if that Cleric summoned a planar ally (greater) than a heightened, extended blade barrier. Especially after you buffed it up and sent it loose.
    The same goes for the arcanes who could summon some pretty impressive demons/devils, haste them, and then let them loose to distract the enemy while they rained death from above with their spells.


    Not quite sure why you can't get a variety in DDO, but it would certainly be nice to improve the number of summons available, as well as beefing them up considerably. I don't want to have to resummon my hezrou every 5 minutes because it's been dead for 4 minutes... I want to summon it ONCE, buff it to the gills, and have my very own pet tank.

    The same goes for the "defender" line of construct pets. I'd love to see additional improvements there regarding:
    - the AI / pathing of them
    - less use of grease, and possible addition of better spells such as a cold or fire blast, or even sonic
    - we have defenders at levels 1, 4, 8, and 12. What about 16 and 20? Any plans for these?

    *edit* - while we're on the topic of construct pets, why not other forms? Maybe a golem?

    Just my 2 copper.

    Quote Originally Posted by winsom View Post
    You mentioned Druid. I have been looking forward to the Druid in DDO for a very long time.

    I think it is great that Turbine has been doing work on artificial intelligence and a hireling system. The possibility is very real now for improved AI creatures that are summoned by class ability or spell.

    I think we should get an upgrade to the Summon Monster line of DDO spells.

    These have been sorely-lacking ever since they were introduced. In DDO adventures of all level ranges, summons are pretty much never used except as entertainment value version of minor damage-dealing that can be done better by wands (that are almost never used).

    The current summons are mostly a toothless distraction for enemy monsters and we have better spells for monster AI-exploitation, so lets see an upgrade to Summons to make more varied game-play!

    The current Summon Monster spells also lack the variety of the D&D spells.

    We can currently summon an earth elemental, so why not a fire or air elemental ? These are in the game already as enemies for us to fight. We should get the option of sending our versions of them against these same enemies ! What about higher CR versions of these creature types at different spell levels?

    Druids are intended to be masters of the summoning domain. It seems only natural to me that Turbine buff-up and add variety to the Summon Line of spells before the Druid class is introduced. Entice us with another useful element to DDO game-play and let these summons herald the coming of the class that will be the true master of the wilds and elements!

    I think it is always a great thing to have yet another healing-fighting capable class to help keep other teammates alive. Favored Soul is a nice addition, but the Druid is Core D&D and much needed for DDO to be more "complete" compared to the game it draws inspiration from.

    On Throwing Stars: These are useful in D&D because they gain the benefits of being monk weapons when thrown by a monk: Up to two extra attacks per cycle compared to throwing dagger. They also get full strength damage bonus each. When a monk uses them in DDO they need to fire and "re-load" extremely fast and have built-in Manyshot for each attack.

  11. #31
    Community Member Velexia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,730

    Default

    2 more added =)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    Get more Aliens quotes into Voice Chat: This makes the "evac" a much more tactical choice, and puts some serious pressure on the rest of the group when your Wizard leaves. "Game over man, game over! Now what the **** are we supposed to do?"

  12. #32
    Community Member Velexia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,730

    Default

    New updates =)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    Get more Aliens quotes into Voice Chat: This makes the "evac" a much more tactical choice, and puts some serious pressure on the rest of the group when your Wizard leaves. "Game over man, game over! Now what the **** are we supposed to do?"

  13. #33
    Community Member Velexia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,730

    Default

    A bump for the new players... Any suggestions =) ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    Get more Aliens quotes into Voice Chat: This makes the "evac" a much more tactical choice, and puts some serious pressure on the rest of the group when your Wizard leaves. "Game over man, game over! Now what the **** are we supposed to do?"

  14. #34
    Founder tfangel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    River Falls, WI
    Posts
    1,348

    Default

    These have been sorely-lacking ever since they were introduced. In DDO adventures of all level ranges, summons are pretty much never used except as entertainment value version of minor damage-dealing that can be done better by wands (that are almost never used).
    I have to disagree, i love the summons and use them almost all the time while soloing. A little fun surprise to me was that the web the spider (level 4 summon i think) shoots isn't broken by fire. I also don't know if its just luck or what, but it seems to also go to the one who is attacking me but not being attacked by hirelings.

    The disappointing thing about summons in my mind though is that in pnp they are more random from a table, which is what i was hoping for when i started playing.

  15. #35
    Community Member DoctorBadWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bogwater Tavern, House P. Enclave, Stormreach
    Posts
    672

    Default

    /signed.
    the couple things I'm not so into wouldn't bother me in any way if implemented, and I'm all for my fellow players having their shinys.

    I would really love to see half-elves, because with enhancements and some minor tweaks (something similar but inverse to the changes made to drow, if you see what I mean.) they could be made more powerful than their useless 3.5 pnp iteration, and they're kind of a major race in Eberron. You know, with the having their own dragonmarked house and all. Orien, I think?

    all in all, it's a nice slew you've collected there. Congratulations.
    All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;
    The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
    From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring;
    Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload