Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default A Whole Slew of Suggestions (To be updated periodically)

[Classes]
    Druid: It's been asked again and again, but one thing I don't see mentioned much is part of the Druid that balances it out with the other classes. The Animal Companion. I would love to see persistent Animal Companions and Familiars, that can be basically "Summoned" once per rest, that are permanent until death. With the ability to summon them both in instances AND public areas. Animal Companion/Familiar customization would be welcome as well.

Prestige Enhancements (Classes Incognito):
    I would like to see more options for these Prestige Enhancements. Well, options at all really. The Assassin comes to mind as an example with things like Invisibility, Hide in Plain Sight, and such.

[Races]
    Kobolds!: Sure, people want to play Half Orcs, but I want to play a Kobold! There are certainly plenty of them running around in Stormreach, but I honestly can't recall ever seeing a Half Orc. As for Half-Elves... i think you'd have to pay ME Turbine Points to get me to play a Half-Elf =) ...and where the heck are all of the Gnomes?!

[Weapons]
    Scythe, anyone? That's an old standby. I can see foregoing Katanas (fancy name for a bastard sword, D&D rule wise). But Scythes?

Also, GLARING GLARING HUGE problem with Shuriken. It's exotic for a reason, and that reason is NOT because it is the absolute worst throwing weapon in existence in D&D. They can be thrown THREE at a time! That's what makes them so cool. Please make them worth anything in DDO, thanks ^^

Club: Can clubs get their own space, separate from Scepters in the Auction House please?

[User Interface]
    Voice Chat: It's finally surfacing on the forums, but I will say it again here. Every voice chat I have ever used (except DDOs) has an option for adjusting the volume of another player/user. This is essential, really. we at DDO have had to suffer in neglect for ages...

Loot: The drop down list for giving loot to another character seems to have a flaw. On numerous occasions people give an item to the wrong person accidentally. I have done this myself, and I know that I was making a pretty good effort to select the correct person. Maybe all that it would take is a little spacing between the names?

Diseased: Like the Cursed condition, and the Poisoned condition, the Diseased condition needs VFX so that everyone knows the character is Diseased.

Map: The map in indoor areas (where outdoor areas also exist) is utterly useless. I am perplexed as to why this has never been fixed. It needs to be fixed badly.

Mob Positioning: At some point in the last two years, something changed. These days, when attacking mobs, you must actually attack a full body length in front of the mob to hit it, if it is moving (this is the mobs actual location). However, client side it still shows the mob as behind it's true location, and when chasing mobs from behind it is almost impossible to hit, because on your end, you are bumping into the back of the mob, but on the server's end, the mob is out of range of your melee weapon. This is actually quite a severe issue. Knowing the precise location of your enemy is very crucial when it comes to attacking them in a game with such a free form battle format. Basically, what it boils down to is that all mobs effectively have a 'real' displacement spell on them while moving.

[Armor]
    Outfits: We really only have ONE outfit, and most of the time, it looks pretty lame. What about all off these NPC outfits? Why do they get all the goods ones, and all of the sexy ones? (Do I need to go grab some screenshots =) ? )

Appearance: Most of the time, when I find or buy that really nice set of armor that I really really need, it's UGLY AS SIN (the ugly kinds of sins). Could we perhaps get some kind game mechanic for altering the appearance of our armor/robes/outfits? That would be grand.

Dragon Touched Armor: Could we get a little variation please? Seeing everyone in the same set of ugly light blue pajamas is kind of bland... (maybe each enchantment could offer it's own style and color variables?). By the way, I believe that the system for creating Dragon Touched armor is 100,000 times better than that for creating Green Steel items (even if it is random) and I congratulate the design, and it comes with the additional bonus of being able to be changed as our needs change =)

[Monsters]

Air Elementals: Knockdown. Double-U, Tee, Eff. The knockdown rate on the Air Elementals needs to be kept under control, no more than once every 15 seconds per elemental, or something! The way it is now, is just plain ridiculous. Either that, or let us summon them!

Defenders: The construct dogs, specifically the ones that spew Grease as a breath weapon are not scripted to spew the grease in front of them (which would make sense) but instead are scripted to place the grease directly underneath their target, even if the target is 100 feet away and behind a barrier. This needs to be fixed.

Altars, Crystals, and other breakable objects that pertain to completing quest goals should be treated as what they are, breakables, not creatures. There is no reason why the quest "Redemption," for example, should be impossible to get a 'no creatures killed' bonus on. When I checked my Experience Report it said I killed 3 creatures. I was baffled until I realized it meant the crystals. Silliness I say.

Rubber-banding: This is ridiculous, here is why. 1. It does not inactivate the monster (they are still "aggro'd"). 2. It does not help with lag issues (see number 1). 3. It only promotes the zerging style of play (that Turbine seems so adamant about getting rid of). 3. It always happens at the most annoying of times (right as the mob is about to die). 4. It completely and utterly breaks immersion (this is important, isn't it?).

[Spells]
    Invisibility: In addition to fixing the monster AI so that A: It pretends a little harder that it doesn't know exactly where you are when you are invisible (Spellcasters targeting with spells? You should be untargetable! Archers hitting dead on the mark?) and so that B: Going into sneak mode, while invisible does not cause Melees to suddenly charge you, as if you were not invisible at all... It should give you Full Concealment!!! "If you have line of effect to a target but not line of sight he is considered to have total concealment from you. You can’t attack an opponent that has total concealment, though you can attack into a square that you think he occupies. A successful attack into a square occupied by an enemy with total concealment has a 50% miss chance"

"Although invisibility provides total concealment, sighted opponents may still make Spot checks to notice the location of an invisible character. An invisible character gains a +20 bonus on Hide checks if moving, or a +40 bonus on Hide checks when not moving (even though opponents can’t see you, they might be able to figure out where you are from other visual clues). "
    Oh...and...
    "Actions directed at unattended objects do not break the spell. Causing harm indirectly is not an attack. Thus, an invisible being can
    open doors,talk, eat, climb stairs, summon monsters and have them attack, cut the ropes holding a rope bridge while enemies are on the bridge, remotely trigger traps, open a portcullis to release attack dogs, and so forth."
    (Thank you SRD).

[Inventory]
    Bags: Please script the Ingredient Bags, and Collectible Bags in such a way that the items inside can be used without first taking them OUT of the bags (kind of like selling gems).

Quivers: It is fairly annoying (sometimes deadly) at lower levels to have to open your inventory and swap quivers to 'reload.' I believe an effective fix for this would be to cause quivers to equip when used in the hotbar, rather than open.

[VFX]
    Weapons: The visual effects on some the weapons is excessive. As can be seen by the Skiver weapon, all that is needed is the coat of pure awesome over the blade. The cotton candy effects make the weapon look...well, not nearly as cool.

[Auction House]
    Search Function: Missing. The ability to search the auction house by keyword and possibly price range would be very welcome.

Listing: When arranging items by name, level, time, or price, the page that the item is on should not matter. This would be a welcome change as well.

[Feats]
    Improved Critical: The Improved Critical feats should note in their descriptions that 1. Piercing does not include ranged or thrown weapons. 2. Ranged does not include thrown weapons.

[Developers]
    Last edited by Velexia; 08-22-2009 at 12:15 AM. Reason: Updated! (Newest Updates are in Green).
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    Get more Aliens quotes into Voice Chat: This makes the "evac" a much more tactical choice, and puts some serious pressure on the rest of the group when your Wizard leaves. "Game over man, game over! Now what the **** are we supposed to do?"

5 suggestions does not make a "whole slew". Maybe 2/3rds of a slew. 75% of a slew at best.

Please add at least 3 more suggestions to prevent the incoming accusations of "Lies!"

LIES! THATS NOT A SLEW!

ooops too late.

As for the content, its all been asked for before, many a time, for months or years.
    Star Firefall
    20 Rogue Assasin
    Currently on life 42 of 42 (Final Life!)

Good ideas all but you do need a few more to be a slew

The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

Quote Originally Posted by Lithic View Post
    5 suggestions does not make a "whole slew". Maybe 2/3rds of a slew. 75% of a slew at best.

Please add at least 3 more suggestions to prevent the incoming accusations of "Lies!"

LIES! THATS NOT A SLEW!

ooops too late.

As for the content, its all been asked for before, many a time, for months or years.
    yeah but since they are good ideas it doesnt hurt ask again.

The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

If you listen to the ask the devs portion of the most recent DDOCast, they do talk about some of this.

Half-orcs have been prototyped, and apparently ran up against some sort of wall, getting placed on a back burner. I'm pretty sure if they can't manage half-orcs, kobolds are really far off.

No scythes yet, but there is a piece of loot in mod 9 that is a piercing two-hander. (apparently it looks mighty spear-like)

And yes, more please. We need a full slew. If you;re feeling particularly creative, why not go the extra 10% or so and make it a metric slew?
    Near useless builds for those who want a challenge: The True(ly Useless) Necromancer - The Abuse Sponge Paladin
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

Community Member Talon_Moonshadow's Avatar

DRUIDS!!!!!!!

I would settle for Voice only ignore. That way, I could still see text that the loud annoying guy types in party chat, but could turn off his loud voice.

Use to be a guy running around one of the servers called Gnomekiller.
    Everytime I see him I type in general chat: "Gnomekiller must be doing a great job, I haven't seen any Gnomes around here in over three years!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Jandric View Post
    ..., but I honestly think the solution is to group with less whiny people.

Sub-basement of my own personal third hell.

Default To Slew

or not to slew...
    "I've a suggestion to keep you all occupied...
    Learn to swim..."

*I'm not sure I like these new forums..*

Quote Originally Posted by Velexia View Post
    [Weapons]Also, GLARING GLARING HUGE problem with Shuriken. It's exotic for a reason, and that reason is NOT because it is the absolute worst throwing weapon in existence in D&D. They can be thrown THREE at a time! That's what makes them so cool. Please make them worth anything in DDO, thanks ^^
    Currently the Shurikens deal 1d2 damage and I agree a change would be a good thing. One way to fix would be to change them to 1d2 damage for non proficiency, but deal 3d2 damage if proficient. Or single throw with non-proficiency, and throw 3 at a time with proficiency.
    The Ashen, Riedra (now Khyber) ~ Raika halfling rog20 ~ Carolanne human brd20 ~ Coriza drow wiz20 ~ Alexandra elf rgr20 ~ Samara human ftr20 ~ Zaretta human clr20 ~ Katina elf brb20 ~ Carelle human pal20 ~ Nathalya halfling mnk20 ~ Rosanna elf fvs20 ~ Venusia halfling ftr20 ~ Kristina human sor20 ~ Nausikaa halfling rog13 ~ Carietta halfling rog1/rgr9/mnk1

Quote Originally Posted by Hakushi View Post
    Currently the Shurikens deal 1d2 damage and I agree a change would be a good thing. One way to fix would be to change them to 1d2 damage for non proficiency, but deal 3d2 damage if proficient. Or single throw with non-proficiency, and throw 3 at a time with proficiency.
    Totally, and I added two more things to my slew.
    Get more Aliens quotes into Voice Chat: This makes the "evac" a much more tactical choice, and puts some serious pressure on the rest of the group when your Wizard leaves. "Game over man, game over! Now what the **** are we supposed to do?"

Comments in bold, because that's just me.

[Classes]
    Druid: It's been asked again and again, but one thing I don't see mentioned much is part of the Druid that balances it out with the other classes. The Animal Companion. I would love to see persistent Animal Companions and Familiars, that can be basically "Summoned" once per rest, that are permanent until death. With the ability to summon them both in instances AND public areas. Animal Companion/Familiar customization would be welcome as well.
    Yes, definitely. The animal companion *makes* the Druid class for a lot of people. This is a key element to ensure they have correctly.

Prestige Enhancements (Classes Incognito): I would like to see more options for these Prestige Enhancements. Well, options at all really. The Assassin comes to mind as an example with things like Invisibility, Hide in Plain Sight, and such.
    Agreed 100%. I'd also like to see these made to be feat/skill-based, not feat/enhancement based, which would allow us better use of APs, plus have these opened up to everyone. No reason why we shouldn't be able to see Fighter-Tempests, or Bard-Kensais if they were so inclined. PnP D&D was about having 1130957135097 options (give or take). DDO is very cut/dried and with very little options. It's sad, really

[Races]
    Kobolds!: Sure, people want to play Half Orcs, but I want to play a Kobold! There are certainly plenty of them running around in Stormreach, but I honestly can't recall ever seeing a Half Orc. As for Half-Elves... i think you'd have to pay ME Turbine Points to get me to play a Half-Elf =) ...and where the heck are all of the Gnomes?!
    More races is always a plus. I'd love to see the Eberron races added (Shifters, Changelings, Kalashtar) as well as the core races (Gnomes, Half-Elves, Half-Orcs). Tiefling and Aasimar would also be nice.

[Weapons]
    Scythe, anyone? That's an old standby. I can see foregoing Katanas (fancy name for a bastard sword, D&D rule wise). But Scythes?

Also, GLARING GLARING HUGE problem with Shuriken. It's exotic for a reason, and that reason is NOT because it is the absolute worst throwing weapon in existence in D&D. They can be thrown THREE at a time! That's what makes them so cool. Please make them worth anything in DDO, thanks ^^
    Good idea on the shuriken. As for other weaponry, I'd love to see Scythes as well, plus about 50 other weapons that could be ingame. Spears? Yes, please!!

[User Interface]
    Voice Chat: It's finally surfacing on the forums, but I will say it again here. Every voice chat I have ever used (except DDOs) has an option for adjusting the volume of another player/user. This is essential, really. we at DDO have had to suffer in neglect for ages...
    I think I'm in the minority, but I don't have a headset. I type if I want to convey things. It's worked just fine for me in every other MMO I've played for the past 10 years, and it works fine for me in DDO. Needless to say, having group chat voices competing with ambient sounds can sometimes make things difficult, even with my combat noises turned WAY down I often can't hear people. It's frustrating for me, and for them. There should be a way to improve voice chat clarity, and volume.

[Armor]
    Outfits: We really only have ONE outfit, and most of the time, it looks pretty lame. What about all off these NPC outfits? Why do they get all the goods ones, and all of the sexy ones? (Do I need to go grab some screenshots =) ? )

Appearance: Most of the time, when I find or buy that really nice set of armor that I really really need, it's UGLY AS SIN (the ugly kinds of sins). Could we perhaps get some kind game mechanic for altering the appearance of our armor/robes/outfits? That would be grand.
    This goes for all armour. Why can we click on a shield and get a good idea of what it will look like, but all armour has generic appearances in our inventory, and donning it is a surprise? Give us some method of seeing what it will look like equipped. 90% of other MMOs have this function. Welcome to modern MMOs, Turbine. Come on already. As for outfits in particular, there are a number of armour types that could use more visuals, not just outfits. And while we're at it, why does the "mithril breastplate" my Bard wears look like he's wearing a light blue half-top with spandex underneath? I've also seen some full plate that was more leather than steel. Very odd!

More slewing in the main post!

Add a climbing assist device (pitons rope something) to augment jump skill.

More advanced crafting (multiple posts available on the subject)

Character stats export for offline review.

Preview of LFM panel before log in.

Alignment change through ritual or token or other mechanism.
    Last edited by baylensman; 07-30-2009 at 10:37 AM.

Sarlona Guild of the Black Dragon
    Egrofraw, Eighttrack, Fearstryker, Foecleaver, Ferricgnome, Rustoleum, SoPretty

Quote Originally Posted by baylensman View Post
    Add a climbing assist device (pitons rope something) to augment jump skill.

More advanced crafting (multiple posts available on the subject)

Character stats export for offline review.

Preview of LFM panel before log in.

Alignment change through ritual or token or other mechanism.
    MyDDO.com, on its way.

Updated ^_^ !

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/equipment/...s.htm#shuriken

The three at a time was a 3.0 ruling. Not part of 3.5. So you have no more rule bases for it.

Also, you have to HAVE three shuriken's in order to throw three at once. So you could have your stack of non returners you could do that with. But I know that the +X value ones at one point stack regardless of level requirements. (oh the days of a +5 no ml returner.)
    So if you have the stack, you could throw 3 in a pnp setup. I have no issues with that. Why am I bringing it up? Because of the coding nightmare it would be currently.

It is because of this nightmare I really don't see it ever happening. Would be sweet though and this is an MMO not PnP. (and if you get anyone saying it would be over powered, just point them at this commentary of mine. It means for that lighting strike star they want, they'd have to craft 3 of them, either that or there is some (really a coding nightmare) special area to designate them so you could load up different types.)

Quote Originally Posted by Missing_Minds View Post
    http://www.d20srd.org/srd/equipment/...s.htm#shuriken

The three at a time was a 3.0 ruling. Not part of 3.5. So you have no more rule bases for it.

Also, you have to HAVE three shuriken's in order to throw three at once. So you could have your stack of non returners you could do that with. But I know that the +X value ones at one point stack regardless of level requirements. (oh the days of a +5 no ml returner.)
    So if you have the stack, you could throw 3 in a pnp setup. I have no issues with that. Why am I bringing it up? Because of the coding nightmare it would be currently.

It is because of this nightmare I really don't see it ever happening. Would be sweet though and this is an MMO not PnP. (and if you get anyone saying it would be over powered, just point them at this commentary of mine. It means for that lighting strike star they want, they'd have to craft 3 of them, either that or there is some (really a coding nightmare) special area to designate them so you could load up different types.)
    Ah see, I was just thinking they would get a kind of built in multi-shot effect, and we could assume that magical returning shuriken came in sets of three. In lieu of that, the throwing speed could just be tripled. As for the 3.5 change, it seems odd to me that they would do such a thing, to cause an exotic weapon to be worse than simple ones (throwing dagger, for instance).

Ah see, I was just thinking they would get a kind of built in multi-shot effect, and we could assume that magical returning shuriken came in sets of three. In lieu of that, the throwing speed could just be tripled. As for the 3.5 change, it seems odd to me that they would do such a thing, to cause an exotic weapon to be worse than simple ones (throwing dagger, for instance).
    Just because something is listed as exotic, doesn't make it better. Just not really a local weapon is all it takes for something to be exotic. For example, for a tribe of natives in a forest, wooden clubs and spears would be normal. But a metal blade like a sword? That would be exotic for them.

No weapon comes in set of 3 actually. In PnP if you were to throw 3 daggers in one round, you tech are required to have 3 separate daggers. If you read the description of the "returning" value, it stated at the end of the round, not during it is when it would return.

Why then is the rate of fire so slow in DDO for throwing daggers compared to melee? Answer is again simple. You have to draw the dagger out of its sheath. Quickdraw is supposed to help this, but even then, that is only 1 free action in PnP. (most DMs will ignore it for fun factor.)

On a side note to add to your suggestions. The halfling skip rock. That was a fun little toy back in the day. My idea is that haflings would auto get proficiency. Non prof means that like the repeating cross bows, you shoot/hit only one target. If you have prof, for every 5 BAB you have, it would follow chain lighting targeting algorithm to hit the next target. Such that at 4 and under, 1 target, 5-9 two targets, 10-14 three targets, 15-19 four targets, and 20 would be five targets max. Of course, it has to actually hit the target to bounce to the next one. (and if we really want to have fun). You roll only once, and that roll is what you use for hitting the target. If a grazing hit occurs, subtract five (-5) from your roll, and continue on the path it is going to follow. Multipule decrements to your roll can occur.
    Last edited by Missing_Minds; 08-04-2009 at 10:22 AM.

I definitely agree with the kobold race - the graphics for them already exist, just get them in game.

Also would like to see a 'try-it-on' option for purchase regarding armor so you can see what it looks like.

Being able to change character hair color, hair style, or other small detail would also quell boredom as you do Delera's or some other XP quest for the 1000th time.

Would like to be able to customize armor and clothing colors.

Be able to bust open or burn open chests. Items inside can be subjected to damage etc but it's frustrating to think a lvl 16 barbarian or a fireball can't break a wooden chest. It worked in Neverwinter Nights...

Spells:

Gust of wind. It's a real spell and would be great for enemy knockdown, clearing cloudkills or troglodyte clouds, prolonging fires etc. Any functionality would be nice.

Polymorph self/Polymoph other. Useful, diverse, and just plain fun.

Animate dead.

Light.

Blink. You randomly vanish and reappear for 1 round per level.

Blink, Improved / Greater – Controlled blinking between the Material and Ethereal Planes grants defenses for 1 round per level.

Crawling Darkness– Cloud of tentacles provides concealment, skill bonuses, and several defenses.

Enlarge Person – Humanoid creature doubles in size.
    Enlarge Person, Mass – Enlarges several creatures.

Fly (and not from the reaver casting, self cast)

Mage armor, Greater - +6 to AC.

Phantasmal Decoy – Creates illusory enemy for a foe to chase.

Reduce Person – Humanoid creature is halved in size.

Reduce Person, Mass – Reduces several creatures.

Monsters:

Umber hulk
    Purple worm
    Gold/Silver dragons

Default Half-Elves

I like half-elves and am looking forward to seeing them in the game in the near future. I like them so much I would eve consider re-rolling most of my current characters just to be a half-elf.
    Fizban - Avatar of Khyber
    Guild Leader of Legends: Where adventurers are born & Legends live.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysaCaster View Post
    I definitely agree with the kobold race - the graphics for them already exist, just get them in game.
    No they do not. The "naked" kobold may, but non of the graphics for headgear or armor will work on them. Add to the fact that weapons would need another slider attribute to resize them as appropriate.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast