Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Community Member slumbering_dragon's Avatar

Default some spells should be banned

i was in pvp having fun with others whem this sorc showed up. sure np one more guy to play with until he had me and another guy stoned, feebleminded, neg leveled by 10, blinded curesd crushing dispair. we were stuck like this for over 30mins and any one who tried to help us get out cuz we couldnt log out, /death or anything to help our selves, was killed before they could help us. this is not right , flesh to stone or any spells that prevents u from getting out of pvp when u are beaten should not be allowed. i know pvp is for fun and is ment to kill the other guy to "own" them so to speak but this guy showed bad character and exploited it to the exstream.
    this shouldnt be a bad thing to pvp but when u have guys that act like this, well **** man it ruined my game play and others as well, we had to call in friends to come in and kill him and kill us. so this and a few other spells needs to be relooked at for pvp.

Hall of Famer
    2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by slumbering_dragon View Post
    i was in pvp having fun with others whem this sorc showed up. sure np one more guy to play with until he had me and another guy stoned, feebleminded, neg leveled by 10, blinded curesd crushing dispair. we were stuck like this for over 30mins and any one who tried to help us get out cuz we couldnt log out, /death or anything to help our selves, was killed before they could help us. this is not right , flesh to stone or any spells that prevents u from getting out of pvp when u are beaten should not be allowed. i know pvp is for fun and is ment to kill the other guy to "own" them so to speak but this guy showed bad character and exploited it to the exstream.
    this shouldnt be a bad thing to pvp but when u have guys that act like this, well **** man it ruined my game play and others as well, we had to call in friends to come in and kill him and kill us. so this and a few other spells needs to be relooked at for pvp.
    This is called Harassment. It is a reportable offense. The GMs respond very quickly to harassment complaints.
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

The reason he had to get through fortitude to stone him was all instakill moves, cloud/fog effects, and symbols are banned already. You're lucky they can't finger of death or PK you.

'exploit' means use in an unintended way to gain an unintended benefit. That action and result is exactly what those spells are for. Casters are squishy, so they can challenge your mobility and saving throws with spells to stop and hinder you, just like they can an enemy's.

When beaten, nothing prevents you from leaving the PvP arena. Your ghost can not be affected by spells in any way, and once you rez no one forces you to return.

EDIT---

If a player is forcibly keeping you in the arena, not allowing you to leave, that's probably harassment.

Get a GM involved. He might get banned hard.

EDIT 2---
    ****** Impaqt.
    Last edited by VKhaun; 07-07-2009 at 05:33 PM.

If someone does that to you in PvP and doesn't kill you or let keeps reapplying those buffs, you can file a harassment ticket on the person doing it to you. As a fair warning however... I'd not file fake tickets.
    [REDACTED]

Quote Originally Posted by VKhaun View Post
    When beaten, nothing prevents you from leaving the PvP arena. Your ghost can not be affected by spells in any way, and once you rez no one forces you to return.
    Except you can't leave when flesh to stoned and you can't /death in pvp.

It is never considered sporting or good mannered to FtS someone and make it nigh impossible for them to make a save. Killing someone in PvP is one thing, purposely wasting time or making a character impossible to play is another.
    [REDACTED]

Community Member slumbering_dragon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Impaqt View Post
    This is called Harassment. It is a reportable offense. The GMs respond very quickly to harassment complaints.
    i did but i am the one who got in trouble for say a few choice words at him.

i did but i am the one who got in trouble for say a few choice words at him.
    Don't assume that's all that happened.
    He may have had greater consequences then you realize.
    They can't discuss other people or actions against them.

Community Member

end task ur client and come back on a diferent character

Community Member

Aha...next time I have a problem with a dungeon I'm gonna report it as harassment by the Dev staff, maybe a GM will actually respond.

Quote Originally Posted by kinar View Post
    Aha...next time I have a problem with a dungeon I'm gonna report it as harassment by the Dev staff, maybe a GM will actually respond.
    I think you're joking but just to be sure, I think filing fake harassment reports is probably jgoing to get you in soem trouble.

Aerak the Bulwark-Awryn Shadowblade-Aerrik Lightbringer
    Member of D.W.A.T.

Hall of Famer
    2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by EKKM View Post
    I think you're joking but just to be sure, I think filing fake harassment reports is probably jgoing to get you in soem trouble.
    It has been Confirmed by a Dev that if someone is immobilizing you in the PvP pit without intent to kill it is harrasment. (Debuff, Fasinate, FtS)

There nothing fake about it.

If this is your SOP, you will get wacked for it eventually.

If you PvP, have some Honor. Kill your opponant. Dont harass/Taunt them.
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

Community Member

If you PvP, have some Honor. Kill your opponant.
    Looks funny taken by itself...like a bad public service announcement.

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

If you PvP, have some Honor. Kill your opponant. Dont harass/Taunt them.
    Or immobilize them, taunt them, then kill them. But I'd not taunt for longer than 20 seconds.

Hey all

Ya as it seems all servers have this problem !

First off, I am NOT saying its OK, but I do understand !

We had some guy on Khyber doing exactly what happened to you. Basically annoying everyone.

He was getting called every name in the book and told he was lame and a noob ..etc

You get the point

ANYWAYS

As usual we had our usual raid group together so we could talk while PvPing each other and we finally got the "said" sorc to join our Party.

As it turns out he was like a 10 year old kid

Most of us felt pretty bad for bashing him and apologized !

I am not saying that this is the case on your server ..... But just remember that there is someone controlling the toon that is annoying you.

The toon in our situation it was his first time in PvP and just used the same spells he used in quests ! Understandable.

Once you are in PvP long enough, you will know which toons to watch out for and 99% of the time one of the 11 poeple that I am in PvP party chat with will let us know that " said toon " has stepped into the PvP area and to be aware.

Trust me a FTS-ing caster will only do this for so long after getting a good beating from 12 toons the second he drops into the arena !! Most of the time the toons is dead before he hits the floor !!

For the record !! There are toons that wont stop being jerks !

I have never submitted a ticket on anyone cause I am pretty sure there are times where I have annoyed toons.

Heres what you need to do

1 - Put the toon causing you issues on your freinds list
    2 - When he logges on You'll know .... step out of the PvP arena to see where he / she is at !
    3 - You can use the search function to find out where this toon is
    4 - Let everyone else know if he's in The Lobster ( or other PvP group )
    5 - Get into PvP parties !! Even if you are fighting each other .. communication is key !

6 - Last BUT most important ! Remember that even if this toon is harrasing you .... Cussing at him WILL get you banned faster than harrasment will get him banned !!

7 - DONT TYPE CUSSES IN GENERAL CHAT !!!

I spend alot of time in PvP and enjoy it a great deal ! I am tired of throwing away my capped toons XP while waiting for Mod 9, so PvP has become home !

Remember ! As good as you think your PvP toons are, there is always somone out ther that thinks theirs is better ( and may be ) Expect the odd caster that neg lvls anything that moves ! Eventually he'll get bore of this and go away !!

Cyall in PvP !!
    Last edited by 96th_Malice; 08-05-2009 at 11:01 AM.

Ennervated,mind blasted,psionically dominated,encased in stone in the subterrane

Why is /death not available in the pit? Seems like it would clear this issue right up.

Community Member

Funny.. If the caster did that and left you there for more than a coupel minutes without killing you.. Report the idiot punk, without the choice words... Don't tell him you're reporting him......

Sure you could log out and back in.. It's one thing to kick people arses in PvP.. It's another to screw people by griefing in such a way.. The guys an idiot, a punk and likely a p***y........

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Missing_Minds View Post
    Or immobilize them, taunt them, then kill them. But I'd not taunt for longer than 20 seconds.
    Exactyl.. Hey, I think it's hilarious when one gets owned in such ways.. Sure leave them for a minute or 2 to suffer.. But leavign them there for an extended period of time is the act of a punk/coward/idiot....

Community Member Lorien_the_First_One's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Twerpp View Post
    Why is /death not available in the pit? Seems like it would clear this issue right up.
    yup

Quote Originally Posted by fishbai8 View Post
    end task ur client and come back on a diferent character
    Agreed !!

BUT know when you log back on with the toon that was FTS'd .... your still stuck in the PvP Pit !!

Done that !!

Community Member

Default screens

willing to bet that Sorc got alot of screenshots.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast