Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default The Doorstop Paladin

I want to build a Paladin that wields a Bastard Sword and a Shield to fill that typical scene of a full armored holy warrior with a big sword and a shield. I want to make him Human or Warforged since they can block doors better. I'm thinking this for starter stats:

Str: 8
    Dex: 8
    Con: 14
    Int: 14
    Wis: 16
    Cha: 18

These stats will maximize my Turn Undeads and Raise Dead enhancements and spellpoints.

Feats:
    1 - Empower Healing
    3 - Extend
    6 - Heighten
    9 - Shield Mastery
    12 - Skill Focus: Heal
    15 - Resilience

After I spend the AP to get my 1000 HP heal, Raise Deads, Devotion IV, Improved Turning and Extra Turn Undead IV, I'm hoping to have enough left over to get Paladin Heal IV, and Paladin Diplomacy IV along with the extra spell points to help my healing.

At level 16 I'm hoping to be able to heal as well as a level 7 Cleric. I will have a bunch of Lay on Hands to use which should keep any Warforged tank up through an end-game raid.

The real design goal is to make that "iconic" looking paladin and block doors with my massive pixel width body and then be able to heal and raise others back to life after the cleric resurrects me. I'm not looking to do any damage which is why I'm trying to find a Superior Devotion IV Bastard Sword for the build.

I don't plan on taking any of the Prestige lines since that will compromise my healing.

What do you guys think?

Val

/applaud.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pheona777 View Post
    I am proud of this forum post because it shows my ego and my pride. Yahoo Answers! was only to poll others on what they thought of the situation. I know I am in the right and I am always right.

Arrow

ROFLMMFAO!!!

And btw you owe me a Monitor.....
    "Multi-Classing: If you don't know what you are doing...please don't do it."
    Arkkanoz / Barbarrus / BoarAxe / Bruttus / Dahlamaar / Dexxaan / Dominattrix / Gregorius / Inquisittor / Mechanikkus / Predattor / Suntzzu / Valkeerya

Good satire sire, I applaud.
    Happy Host of DDOcast The Dungeons and Dragons Online Podcast
    Member of the Umber Hulks and The Madborn of Thelanis
    You can see my many builds listed in this thread.

That's awesome!
    Aryk Stoutheart, Paladin - Sarlona
    Rindyl Twirliblade, Elven Swashbuckler - Sarlona
    Vyyndar Stoutheart, Vanguard Paladin - Argo

This build is gimp without diehard.

Question is he serious

Since I don't know the author of the post, is this a joke or is he serious?

I always thought Phlor Ironwood was gimped.

Don't forget to add a level of Barbarian so you can block the door while RAGED!

Community Member

Needs quicken.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by adm5893 View Post
    Since I don't know the author of the post, is this a joke or is he serious?

I always thought Phlor Ironwood was gimped.
    Not a joke. MrEd7 has his own lil defense thread that inspired Valezra to materialize the DP. (we oughta register the trademark.... DP)

Here ya go. Found the link: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=190155 for your enjoyment (or fright...whichever reaction is understood)

Quote Originally Posted by Gnorbert View Post
    Don't forget to add a level of Barbarian so you can block the door while RAGED!
    He can`t. That was considered Bastardization and of course...the game won`t allow it yet. Maybe for .90/Monthyou can brake the rules after Mod 9 ey?
    Last edited by Dexxaan; 07-10-2009 at 10:19 AM.
    Arkkanoz / Barbarrus / BoarAxe / Bruttus / Dahlamaar / Dexxaan / Dominattrix / Gregorius / Inquisittor / Mechanikkus / Predattor / Suntzzu / Valkeerya

I just had to..... couldn`t help but bumping this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Dexxaan View Post
    I just had to..... couldn`t help but bumping this thread.
    Come on Dex, if you are gonna bump the thread at least add a few suggestions to improve this Godly Build

Perhaps the developers could put in a specialized item for a Doorstop Paladin. I'm thinking...

Belt of the Doorstop Paladin, min level 9:
    While standing in a doorway you are awarded a +3 insight bonus to your Paladin class skills of diplomacy, heal and concentration. A Doorstop Paladin with this unique item will be especially equipped to stop doors by; 1) By being granted additional abilities to ask the monsters nicely charging the door to please go away (i.e. diplomacy). 2) To be able to heal fellow party members with the heal skill, should they fall unconscious right next to the door (i.e. heal), and 3) Be more able to cast those healing spells while blocking that door (i.e. concentration).

Guys, the sad thing is he does have this toon. /cry
    Jeets said he wouldn't tell Turbine. ;(

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by KKDragonLord View Post
    Come on Dex, if you are gonna bump the thread at least add a few suggestions to improve this Godly Build
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralmeth View Post
    Perhaps the developers could put in a specialized item for a Doorstop Paladin. I'm thinking...

Belt of the Doorstop Paladin, min level 9:
    While standing in a doorway you are awarded a +3 insight bonus to your Paladin class skills of diplomacy, heal and concentration. A Doorstop Paladin with this unique item will be especially equipped to stop doors by; 1) By being granted additional abilities to ask the monsters nicely charging the door to please go away (i.e. diplomacy). 2) To be able to heal fellow party members with the heal skill, should they fall unconscious right next to the door (i.e. heal), and 3) Be more able to cast those healing spells while blocking that door (i.e. concentration).
    LMAO.

How about the Doorstop Defender Shield?

Min. Level L11
    Upon reaching any doorway this shield bloats and fills the area with laughing gas. Any and all Mobs (and party members too right?) must save vs Will (INT modifier adds to your save btw) or you will continue to run with this twit and support him thru any and all quests in the future and will receive an unremovable 5/11 Logo on your Cloak.

Community Member

Don't think you can take Metamagic Feats until you can cast spells...Level 4...

LMAO.

Min. Level L11
    Upon reaching any doorway this shield bloats and fills the area with laughing gas. Any and all Mobs (and party members too right?) must save vs Will (INT modifier adds to your save btw) or you will continue to run with this twit and support him thru any and all quests in the future and will receive an unremovable 5/11 Logo on your Cloak.
    doorstopper boots ML13, restriction: doorstop paladin only (no umd)

these pair of spike boots has the ability to cast hold monster on anything that steps onto its spikes while inflicting 5d10 untyped damage. once per day, the boots allow the wearer to cast enlarge, making it harder for mobs to go past an area blocked by a doorstop paladin
    If you want to know why...

LMAO.

Min. Level L11
    No way man! That would be way too powerful. He would be forcing people to kill/delete their characters left and right! Oh no...I've got the 5/11 logo! Eek! Get it off, get it off! What do you mean there's no way to remove it? Followed by...goodbye my character...Delete.

Talking

Some Threads should never be forgotten.... this one and the one that inspired it..... priceless.

BUMP

I made a doorstop paladin and got him up to 7th level. Really versatile build. combines the best of standing-stillness with the durability of piking. I get lots of comments about his awesome healing, like "wow" and "nj". Just picked a sweet +5 longsword to replace my +2 as well so next level it'll be DPS city.
    Last edited by transtemporal; 07-25-2009 at 01:28 AM.
    Some toons with Cow in the name, and some without.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast