Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2 Man VOD

Default 2 Man VOD

2 man <non WF>, 62 minute Vod

Resources used:

Bloodpact:
    6 charges of Shield, 2 GH scrolls 50 haste pots.

Xereum/Enochroot
    32 Heal scrolls
    5 Waves of exaust scrolls
    6 waves of fatigue
    10 GH scrolls
    2 Remove fear pots
    3 Remove Curse pots

ZERO mana pots.
    Last edited by Bloodhaven; 07-05-2009 at 11:31 PM.
    Please consider your future in DDO and invest in HP.
    Quote Originally Posted by sweez View Post
    And when you do it everyone's like "omg I want to give birth to that guy's BABIES!".

2k plat repair bill for bloodpact.

Raid loot from the chest:

Enlightened Vestments - (Robe) Armor Bonus +6, Banishing Fists, Wisdom +6

.. not the goggles I was looking for ;(
    And when you do it everyone's like "omg I want to give birth to that guy's BABIES!".

Community Member

Default Gimpy dex build

I bet it would've gone faster without that gimpy dex build in there. Seriously, wet noodles.

Anyway, for the record, this is why I get ****ed at VoD resource expenditure, it really shouldn't take m/any resources.

I totally agree. If someone is using mana pots and stacks of scrolls it may be a good idea to look at the tactics being used.

I found another 2 man VOD

2 WF one scorc one barb.

They used 43 majors 72 scrolls and took 49 mins to complete.

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=166819

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodhaven View Post
    I totally agree. If someone is using mana pots and stacks of scrolls it may be a good idea to look at the tactics being used.
    The one nice thing about tactics is that they evolve over time.

Nice Pic and Completions

/cheers -Bunk

Tactics?

What kind of noob can't understand the tactics in this raid?

It's tank and spank. I can accurately describe your tactics with 100% certainty without even knowing you because the raid is so basic..

Ranger disables traps. Ranger tanks boss. Cleric debuffs. Cleric heals. Both clear trash. Done.

This raid has almost no tactics. The only thing some groups do that others don't is debuff - which is just a matter of using a couple scrolls on him.

Wasting resources is just a fact of players who don't have the stats to do the raid with a low resource use. It's an almost entirely build/gear dependant raid, rather then a tactical one.

It can be done on elite with zero mana pot use and low scroll use too.. There is just a higher requirement of character stats and race this time - need a tough warforged for the tank so you can reconstruct without wasting scrolls like you would on heal scrolls due to curse.

So grats on beating it. And grats on having strong enough build/gear to make doing normal a low resource intensive raid.

Hi Axer, I haven't bin on Khyber in a while. Are you still on that multiclas bashing spree? Im Zeroskills In TFC.

I say well done!

sure you told us how many mana pots you didnt use, but how much time did you spend blocking 5 devils with the hound shield while recharging mana from your torc +8 conc. opp. items?
    Star Firefall
    20 Rogue Assasin
    Currently on life 42 of 42 (Final Life!)

He had 2 devils recharging him with 2 conc items and a torc i think. You can see it go off in the screen shot I was the ranger in the back with all the orthons on him

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lithic View Post
    sure you told us how many mana pots you didnt use, but how much time did you spend blocking 5 devils with the hound shield while recharging mana from your torc +8 conc. opp. items?
    I have regularly touted the praises of sp regeneration on the forums, and would in no way deny it, and purposefully picked the screenshot we used because it indeed showed completion + tanking + regen + ... well, really, everything. Sp regen is fantastic and should be used!

To Shade, we were in no way tring to say these tactics were somehow new, ingenius, original, or amazing. In my opinion, the point of this (besides to enlarge our e-peens) - was to show people VoD should NOT be taking any resources to complete. We pug regularly on Sarlona (our guild is only 4 people) - and the number of VoD's I see with upwards of 300+ scrolls (repair or heal) - plus pots, is insanity. And this is a good many moons since low sp tactics have been stabilized.

So hopefully pug-land is somewhat inspired by low/no resource VoD, and it also gives us an easy link to post in group next time some noob group hell-bent on repairing the silly WF tank won't let us convince them AC tanking is far superior.

And I know you probably meant full-group no resource elite "tough WF tank" - but I'd love you to post no resource elite "two-man tough WF tank" for me - since you're such a condescending badass.

So doing VoD "right" means grinding for the Torc and then Shroud for 48 ingred for *2* conc opp items? No thanks, I'll use a few scrolls and occasionally some pots on a suboptimal group. If that means my cleric isn't uber I can live with that. LOL

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by tc12 View Post
    So doing VoD "right" means grinding for the Torc and then Shroud for 48 ingred for *2* conc opp items? No thanks, I'll use a few scrolls and occasionally some pots on a suboptimal group. If that means my cleric isn't uber I can live with that. LOL
    No, I consistently run VoD higher than two-man with clerics sub-1200 sp, no regen items, and use zero resources. Not sure I could run them two-man, but that's not the point.

Want me to post 12-man screenies for you of zero resources in PUGs on sub-1200 sp non-regen battleclerics, or are you smart enough to extrapolate the tactics (that Shade spelled out for you) and figure it out yourself?

Or want to just post snarky, pointless replies about how gimpy your cleric is? (and poorly played)

First... Gratz. Very impressive.

Second... Indeed hell has frozen over, I have to agree with Shade here somewhat..
    Doing the raid with such few resources is entirely dependant on build/gear. I agree AC tanking is superior, but there are not many builds that can reach high enough ac and dps at the same time. (pretty much only ranger/monks) Not to mention alot of clerics dont have torc or neg/pos items...

I agree 300+ scrolls + pots is insanity, but not every group has a totally geared out ac tank to spare... hell, im lucky if i can even find someone who can tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodhaven View Post
    I found another 2 man VOD

2 WF one scorc one barb.

They used 43 majors 72 scrolls and took 49 mins to complete.
    Yeap that was about 7 months ago. I didn't have either the torq or concordant items yet so had no mana regen. I'm sure if I was to bring my new sorc, the time and resources would be a bit less....
    Quote Originally Posted by Asialee View Post
    Spisey, you are a epic item no one can match your skillzs :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    I think a full group of level 20s butt naked riding zebras should be able to beat part 1 even if the only portal DPS is said zebras kicking the portals with their hind legs as us Wisconsinites try to tip them over sideways and laugh about it afterward.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spisey View Post
    Yeap that was about 7 months ago. I didn't have either the torq or concordant items yet so had no mana regen. I'm sure if I was to bring my new sorc, the time and resources would be a bit less....
    Agreed! I don't think Blood was trying to bash that run - I actually cringed when he pulled up that quote, I knew in forum land it would be interpreted as an insult - obviously it's many moons later, and I'm sure y'all were just going for 2-man completion, not giving a rats' about consumables.

The amount of people I run into that INSIST VoD is high resource consumption STILL, however, is just insane.

Quote Originally Posted by tc12 View Post
    There is no "right way" but there is a "strategically savvy" way of doing things. 2 manning raids is not for the common player. It takes a great player and decent equipment. But don't fret sir, ddo store will help you be like the OP, for a price
    Vulger Display of Power, Disposable Hero, Farbeyond Driven, VicRattle Head, Typeo Negative, Warpig, Infetious Grooves, Damageplan, Slipknott, GnR, BlkSunshine

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Calozz78 View Post
    There is no "right way" but there is a "strategically savvy" way of doing things. 2 manning raids is not for the common player. It takes a great player and decent equipment. But don't fret sir, ddo store will help you be like the OP, for a price
    Ok, regarding this torc malarkey - DQ has been out for HOW long? And what are you doing wasting your time in VoD if you don't have the torc already? What great item are you pulling from VoD that's better than the torc?

Run DQ and stop pretending we have some insanely rare and impossible to find loot for this. Imo it's along the same lines as saying "yeah, but you have blue scale armor, a potency VI item, and minos legens"

Gear your toon up already. (Unless you come back and tell me you're on run 65 of DQ or something)

[QUOTE=Enochroot;2284236]Ok, regarding this torc malarkey - DQ has been out for HOW long? And what are you doing wasting your time in VoD if you don't have the torc already? What great item are you pulling from VoD that's better than the torc?

Run DQ and stop pretending we have some insanely rare and impossible to find loot for this. Imo it's along the same lines as saying "yeah, but you have blue scale armor, a potency VI item, and minos legens"

Gear your toon up already. (Unless you come back and tell me you're on run 65 of DQ or something)[/QUOTE

Did you read the OP description of his buddy healing him "He had 2 devils recharging him with 2 conc items and a torc i think. You can see it go off in the screen shot I was the ranger in the back with all the orthons on him"

Now listen carefully--- How many clerics do you know with 2 CONC items and the torc?
    This is not causal player gear. Stop trolling the forums to give your (uneducated(you didn't read the post) opinion. Do that on LOTRO's site
    Vulger Display of Power, Disposable Hero, Farbeyond Driven, VicRattle Head, Typeo Negative, Warpig, Infetious Grooves, Damageplan, Slipknott, GnR, BlkSunshine

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast