Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Community Member muffins_cupcake's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Barhai View Post
    There's a new Xp reward system as of U11: the bravery system.
    In short you get bonus xp when all the following conditions are met:
    -it's your first time doing the quest
    -you do quest on hard or elite
    -everyone in the group is at or lower than base quest level+2

What this means is that if you put a LFM for an harbor quest on elite (generally L2 quest) having a single L5 in the party can mean losing up to 70% xp bonus...
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_Daddy_Jay View Post
    That is not really true now ether. you when you raise the difficulty to elite the quest would now be a L4 and a L5 player would have no effect on other party members EXP because the EXP is not Effected until someone is 2 levels above the quest so that would happen in this case if someone was L6 on that quest.
    What Barhai is referring to is the loss of the bravery bonus xp. If the quest on elite is level 5 and a level 5 and lower group enters, you gain a bravery streak for completing it at and below level. As soon as a level 6 steps in, even for just a second; you lose that bonus, but no other xp penalties.

Although you do indeed lose an additional 10% xp if someone is 2 levels above the elite level.
    Muffins & Cupcakes, which is the best?

Whether it's the heavier breakfast muffin or the light and sweet frosted cupcake, everyone loves Muffins and Cupcakes.

Nice necro

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Psyk0sisS View Post
    INVEST IN CON

Dont use Con as a dump stat no matter what. Your Wiz needs HP just as much as that Barb, just because you aren't "in combat" doesn't mean you aren't going to get hit. Even as early as Shan-To-Kor in the Marketplace, you'll get agro from Rangers and Casters...or that Ogre decides to do his Triple attack and accidently catches you with one.

12 Base is a good minimum for anyone, but especially when first learning the game.

You'll appreciate it later, and your group-mates will too!

INVEST IN CON

If you are a squishy guy (Wizards, Sorcerers, Barbarians) start with at least a 18 CON
    If you are a soft Guy (Rouges, Bards, Rangers, Clerics, Favored Soul, Artificers) 16 CON
    If you are a solid Guy( Fighters, Paladin, Monk, Druid and anyone else ) 14-16 CON

Default Binding your spirit

If you belong to a guild, binding your spirit to the campfire trader in the Twelve will give you quick access to your guild airship to re-buff.
    Ha! Where is your True Seeing now, dead guy?!

Default Auction stuff for platinum or shards!

Platinum and the Auction House:
    Do not fear the Auction House. Even if you are a free to play who can only post a single auction at a time, you can increase your wealth. For instance, if you are looking at quest rewards and there is nothing that you can use, check if perhaps there is an item some other player might find attractive, and then post it for sale on the Auction House.

Things I have found that sell pretty well in the Auction House are basic equipment like a +3 Cloak of Charisma. Items with augment slots do NOT generally sell well. Don't get greedy and try posting items for hundreds of thousands. Check out what comparable items are posted for, and sell in that range. I find that posting items with a buyout price and for the 72 hour time limit will net me the most platinum. Mastercrafted items can be posted at a premium due to their reduced level requirement.

Weapons can be a little tricky, as some classes of weapons do not sell as quickly. Don't be afraid to experiment.

Shards and the Shard Exchange:
    As long as you have a single shard (you would likely have to buy some Astral Shards through the DDO store) you can post items on the Shard Exchange. The items posted here are usually the rarest loot. As you advance in level and find named items, don't be afraid to post them to the Shard Exchange if you can't use them. Your investment of one shard can eventually net you a fat stack of shards if you are patient. And don't be greedy. Posting items for 3 shards with a 4 shard buyout may only give you a couple shards at a time. But it can add up! Don't be discouraged if your item does not sell the first (or fifth) time you post it. Patience is really the key here, if you have some time to spend on auction maintenance. I parlayed a modest number of shards into a 4000 shard deposit to my guild's bank (after purchasing most of the guild amenities) so we can upgrade to a new airship eventually, and regularly have between 500 and 1000 shards minimum to help guild mates buy rare items or reroll a chest or two. Items that sell on the shard exchange are usually elite versions of named loot, but I have had much luck selling randomly generated equipment and weapons, too. Mastercrafted items I post at a modest premium. As with the Auction House, check the search function for comparison before you post an item. If there are thirty of the item you want to post already listed for a low buyout, it won't be a good time to sell!

Default Haggle 101

Haggle items increase the amount of platinum vendors will give you for your items. Before you sell, equip your Haggle item. It is helpful if the item you are taking off is not a Charisma item, as Charisma also helps increase your selling power. Remember to re-equip whatever item you took off to sell! Haggle does NOT reduce the amount needed to repair your equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by charles13f View Post
    If you are a squishy guy (Wizards, Sorcerers, Barbarians) start with at least a 18 CON
    If you are a soft Guy (Rouges, Bards, Rangers, Clerics, Favored Soul, Artificers) 16 CON
    If you are a solid Guy( Fighters, Paladin, Monk, Druid and anyone else ) 14-16 CON
    Eh, I'm a solid guy, a cleric (yes I consider clerics solids not softs) with 12 CON and have done just fine.

Community Member

What is "CON" ?

Quote Originally Posted by Widmore View Post
    Eh, I'm a solid guy, a cleric (yes I consider clerics solids not softs) with 12 CON and have done just fine.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by ElfMaidenOlwen View Post
    What is "CON" ?
    Constitution, the ability score that affects your hit points and fortitude save.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123