Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Warforged and their Tasty Hams

Warforged class cannot eat Tasty Hams. It interferes with their hydraulics for some reason. They can, however, place them in the Stone of Change in the Market and convert them to a useable oil.

Can't remember where you are bound? Try using /resloc
    Last edited by Iakona; 03-01-2010 at 12:48 AM.
    -----

Items may be won or lost, only honor can truly be won on the field of battle - a long lost friend

Quote Originally Posted by Psyk0sisS View Post
    GETTING XP

To get the most XP, here is a list of how to get bonuses:

First time run "at level" for Normal (meaning doing a level 2 quest at level 2)

Normal +25%
    Hard +25% (+10% dungeon level increase)
    Elite +50% (+20% dungeon level increase)

After 4 completions (I belive) you'll start losing -10% XP each time you complete.
    Some people run on Normal until they get the -10%, then run Hard / Elite because you'll still get the first time bonus.
    Try this link, extremely helpful: http://ddowiki.com/page/Experience
    -----

Items may be won or lost, only honor can truly be won on the field of battle - a long lost friend

When you are finished with a quest, don't forget to re-visit the quest giver to get your quest loot. When you see your end-reward options, always scroll through the ENTIRE list before choosing.

(I remember when I was new to the game, I forgot to scroll and missed a good item because of it!)

Where the nice guys in the white jackets can't find me!

One I've always thought of as a good one: If you don't ask for help, you won't get it. Most of the players are more than willing to give you that extra little bit of advice that will help you along the way. If you get cold feet, then take a deep breath, grab yourself a cold drink, and try again.

Also, if you skip through shipwreck shore, you'll only get around 800 XP, instead of the near 900 you get if you run Shipwreck shore and the grotto. Sides, who doesn't love Jeets' witty banter?
    Proud member of The Sovereign Hosts on Cannith Server.
    Alyciana-Rebekhe-Natsume-Ultimuus- many others.

GO BIG! It's a really really good idea to take the Great Axe(s) as your tutorial weapon, especially as a Wizard / Sorc.
    Another great starting weapon is the Ember Mace. This is good for different reasons than Psyk0sis stated. Despite not being a +1 enchanted weapon, you can find a lot of uses for it until you start seeing powerful named weapons that do significant damage to undead. First of all, you get +1 fire damage, this is great because it affects monsters that take reduced damage like zombies. Yes, you should use slashing weapons on zombies, but for clerics, reduced damage +1 fire beats a sudden round trip to the tavern. Zero damage +1 fire beats the hell out of zero damage. I personally disposed of my ember mace a little too soon - and found a troll in a secret area on the very next quest. I don't know how useful +1 fire is vs. trolls, but I would have preferred the comfort of *anything* that did fire damage.

Speaking of starting equipment: every caster should take the Archivist's Necklace for the misery's peak reward. I rerolled 4-5 casters before I realized this.

Also:
    When starting a run, don't just dive into the dungeon without the quest being given! Either get it from the quest giver NPC or ask the group to share. This way you'll get your Favor rewards if you're completing for the first time at that difficulty and also the quest reward.

I've lost count of the number of times I've accidentally ignored the warning screen and just dived straight into the dungeon in a misguided effort to keep up with the zergling hordes.

Tasmania - Yes it's an actual place and no, Tasmanian Devils don't spin around and eat people

LOCKED ITEMS

If you want to make sure you dont accidentally sell you're items:

Open your Inventory (default "I" button)
    Just ABOVE the Weapon Sets (the green boxes) and to bottom right corner of your inventory is a tiny Lock.
    Click the item you want to lock, then click the open lock icon and it should change to a closed lock.
    A little tip to add on this, clean out you inventory regularly. If you upgrade to a better item but forget to unlock the old item it is easy to lose it in your inventory as it won't appear on your sell list to remind you.
    A friend will bail you out of jail.
    A mate will be sitting in there beside you saying "Damn that was awsome!!!"

Unguilded of Orien

Default Collectables

Don't bypass (IMO) the bags that drop. you can turn them in to certain NPCs to collect many things. If you can't use the "reward" you can always sell it!

Question

GO BIG!
    As a Wiz, you can also take Master's Touch as one of your spells and you'll be proficiant for 1 Min per Caster Level.
    Isn' t it until you rest?
    How to revamp past life reward system <--- working again
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    We absolutely planned for Fighter to still have Haste Boost. It's absolutely a bug. Any similar issues that look "wrong" to any player should be bugged.
    Developers should fix this

Here is my tip:

You see a LFM up on the Social Panel for a quest you have never heard of but you are interested in running but you don't know where it is or where to pick it up. Open your Adventurer's Compendium (hit P on the keyboard) and scroll down to the quest name. Roll your mouse over the quest name and a box will appear giving you the following information:

Adventure Name: (if the name is different from the quest name, then it's a chain quest)
    Quest Name: this is obvious
    Bestowed by: (if the quest name is given, then it's a walk up quest. Otherwise it will have a contact NPC name)
    In: (this is area the quest is located... ie: Harbor, Korthos Island, House Jorasco, Threnal)
    Currently: (if it's states underway, that means you already have picked up the quest. Otherwise it will state not started and you will need to get it)
    Adventure Notes: (this is where it will tell you if it's a raid, solo only, a challenging quest, long, short, etc style quest)

Second tip:

Finding the quest giver/quest. Once you decide to join the LFM and you are accepted. You have some options.

Option 1: Make your way to the area that the quest is located in. Open the map and scan the map for the quest giver. If you are lucky and see the quest giver, click on their location on the map until you see a box surrounding the chalice. Close the map and follow the little arrow. It will lead you to the quest giver. Once you have the quest, watch the map orb and you will see a new arrow that will lead you to the quest.

Option 2: Tell the party that this quest is new to you and that you know the area the quest is in but do not know where the quest giver is. This will usually result in them telling you the quest giver's location. For example, the Drowning Sorrow's Tavern in House J. Make your way to House J. Open your map and look for the tavern. Repeat steps in part 1.

Option 3: Type into party chat Share plz. This will often result in you getting booted from the party. If not, make your way to the area. Open your map and look for the quest entrance. Repeat steps in Option 1.

I highly recommend Option 2. There are too many quest givers inside Taverns that will not show up on your map for Option 1 to be viable.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Phemt81 View Post
    Isn' t it until you rest?
    Before Update what's-the-number, Master's Touch gave you proficiency with all Simple and Martial weapons for 1 minute/caster level. It caused some hiccups as the game tried to slap in all the proficiency feats on the fly (as well as removing them when it expired), so now it only gives you proficiency with the stuff in your hands until you shrine.

Another tip: "Walkup" quests are not given by questgivers (though an NPC may give the end reward for the walkup). The questgiver is the quest, which will automatically be bestowed on you as you approach the entrance. This is one case where you do not need to ask for a share!
    Quote Originally Posted by Karen (Pokémon G/S/C)
    Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by SoujiTendou View Post
    ... Also, if you skip through shipwreck shore, you'll only get around 800 XP, instead of the near 900 you get if you run Shipwreck shore and the grotto. Sides, who doesn't love Jeets' witty banter?
    To add to this statement, you will end up penniless on Karthos Island broke as a pauper.
    They call me Rick, when they're not mad at me...
    At age 63, this old fart is havin' a ball!
    Although, at my age, Happy Hour is a nap...
    And, remembering what the frog said, "Time's fun when you're having flies..."

There's a new Xp reward system as of U11: the bravery system.
    In short you get bonus xp when all the following conditions are met:
    -it's your first time doing the quest
    -you do quest on hard or elite
    -everyone in the group is at or lower than base quest level+2

What this means is that if you put a LFM for an harbor quest on elite (generally L2 quest) having a single L5 in the party can mean losing up to 70% xp bonus...
    Pirotesse (battle-trap), Clausius (old style paly), Cadhu (swat fighter), Abysinthe (cleric), Sephiria (sorc), Dragunova (archer), Mauhin (wiz), Muhrahin(wf juggernauth), Azred(tempest), Birebash(sniper cleric), Bashibouzouk (barb), Salud(battle bard), Sniperovitch (repeater), Iraelle(battle cleric)

HELP YOURSELF

Run "Dirk's Got a Secret" (Leaky Dinghy / Harbor: Den of the Kobold Brothers) until you get at least 1 "Muckbane" to save your main weapons from breaking all the time when fighting slimes.

Muckbane - (Weapon) +1 Club, Lesser Ooze Bane, (made from glass) (Muck's Chest)

*Spoiler Map* He's at the very bottom of the map, does not spawn everytime.
    Or keep a few lootgen greatclubs back for a bit (this is what I do on a new server, because I'm a cheapskate and hate farming Mucks. what else of use will you have in your inventory anyway?). Also, farm Coin Lord favour at least to the first rank to help with the above issue.

Eventually you will level past oozes and have some breathing space to look for a blunt thing or 2 blunt things of everbright, which will be your multipurpose rust monster / ooze basher.
    Terebinthia, Terebynthia, Tereana, Tereaina, Tereanna, Terebyte, Terechan, Terebinthis
    The Hand of the Black Tower, Khyber.
    Cupcakes welcomed.

Community Member

Default Another Difficulty Setting

There is another difficulty setting most people don't pay attention to: Casual

http://ddowiki.com/page/Casual

you can think of it as 'solo' setting and it is generally 1/2 as hard for 1/2 the exp, which means you can run higher level dungeons on this setting, if you think you can. It is also available to groups, unlike 'solo'.

The end quest rewards remain the same level as any other difficulty, the ones from the quest giver, usually. If you are farming for rewards, this is a useful option. For example, you might want several angers step for the exp retreat. On casual you can skip all the mobs and go strait for the end.

Edit: This might affect your total number of times played, which eventually reduces the exp on any setting. So, perhaps why no one does it. Please reply if any info is incorrect. Not 100% positive on this.
    Last edited by EarthFirst; 09-16-2011 at 07:29 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by EarthFirst View Post
    There is another difficulty setting most people don't pay attention to: Casual

http://ddowiki.com/page/Casual

you can think of it as 'solo' setting and it is generally 1/2 as hard for 1/2 the exp, which means you can run higher level dungeons on this setting, if you think you can. It is also available to groups, unlike 'solo'.

The end quest rewards remain the same level as any other difficulty, the ones from the quest giver, usually. If you are farming for rewards, this is a useful option. For example, you might want several angers step for the exp retreat. On casual you can skip all the mobs and go strait for the end.

Edit: This might affect your total number of times played, which eventually reduces the exp on any setting. So, perhaps why no one does it. Please reply if any info is incorrect. Not 100% positive on this.
    I tend to use 'casual' for exploring a quest i've never seen/done before. Once you have a fair idea what a quest has in store for you it makes more sense to do it at normal or above (most quests listed as group cannot be done solo at level even on casual).

Quote Originally Posted by baylensman View Post
    PSA #4

remember when rolling up a new alt. you may not have a feather fall item permanently equiped yet. Jumping of the harbor wall to run to the leaky dingy may result in serious injury.
    Leading cause of permadeath re-rolls.
    Proud member of Renowned, Thelanis server.

HELP YOURSELF

Run "Dirk's Got a Secret" (Leaky Dinghy / Harbor: Den of the Kobold Brothers) until you get at least 1 "Muckbane" to save your main weapons from breaking all the time when fighting slimes.

Muckbane - (Weapon) +1 Club, Lesser Ooze Bane, (made from glass) (Muck's Chest)

*Spoiler Map* He's at the very bottom of the map, does not spawn everytime.
    I find that if you kill the map in a clock wise direction and enter muck's spawn point last you get a 90% spawn rate on muck.

Quote Originally Posted by AcushlaGSPD View Post
    I tend to use 'casual' for exploring a quest i've never seen/done before. Once you have a fair idea what a quest has in store for you it makes more sense to do it at normal or above (most quests listed as group cannot be done solo at level even on casual).
    Not true with a Hireling ; though technically not Solo because hire is party member; I find that it is fairly easy to solo Quest at or one level above even the ones for groups. Arti's and druids have Advantage here also because they have a pet to help like a Hire.
    That being said if you have never done the quest and don't know what's in there or the strategies for completion that could make my statement false.

Also When I say at level I mean counting the difficulty setting as well because the difficulty setting raises the level of the quest. For example a level 2 quest on hard is a level 3 and on elite it's level 4. so doing this quest solo on elite when you are level 2 would not be recommended.

Quote Originally Posted by Barhai View Post
    There's a new Xp reward system as of U11: the bravery system.
    In short you get bonus xp when all the following conditions are met:
    -it's your first time doing the quest
    -you do quest on hard or elite
    -everyone in the group is at or lower than base quest level+2

What this means is that if you put a LFM for an harbor quest on elite (generally L2 quest) having a single L5 in the party can mean losing up to 70% xp bonus...
    That is not really true now ether. you when you raise the difficulty to elite the quest would now be a L4 and a L5 player would have no effect on other party members EXP because the EXP is not Effected until someone is 2 levels above the quest so that would happen in this case if someone was L6 on that quest.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast