Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Public Service Announcments

Preface: This is to help new players with info that is pretty basic for us but very useful (and sometimes funny )

Welcome, all those new to DDO.

This is a PSA!

FO means Finish Out. (as in the quest is complete)

It does not mean "Eff" Off.

Do not be offended if someone tells you to FO.

That is all..for now!
    Last edited by Psyk0sisS; 07-01-2009 at 01:59 PM.
    -KHYBER- Current Mains: Dios D'Muerte - Barb>FvS>Bard>Wiz>Art / Deeos D'Muerte - 20 Ninja(TR2) / Draugar D'Muerte - 20 Ninja (TR1) .Deyna D'Muerte - 20 Assassin x3 (TR2)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    ..Got a lunch break? A smoke break? You too can conspire with bacon

Default Psa #2

MOOOOOoooo.....

I'm hereby coining the phrase for people with low to-hit as "COWS". Since they'll be grazing all day.

So if you get called a cow, its not cause you're fat.

That is all

(P.S. This never caught on so I'll be changing this hehe! Carry On.)
    Last edited by Psyk0sisS; 02-25-2010 at 11:45 AM.
    -KHYBER- Current Mains: Dios D'Muerte - Barb>FvS>Bard>Wiz>Art / Deeos D'Muerte - 20 Ninja(TR2) / Draugar D'Muerte - 20 Ninja (TR1) .Deyna D'Muerte - 20 Assassin x3 (TR2)

Default Psa #3

HELP YOURSELF

Run "Dirk's Got a Secret" (Leaky Dinghy / Harbor: Den of the Kobold Brothers) until you get at least 1 "Muckbane" to save your main weapons from breaking all the time when fighting slimes.

Muckbane - (Weapon) +1 Club, Lesser Ooze Bane, (made from glass) (Muck's Chest)

*Spoiler Map* He's at the very bottom of the map, does not spawn everytime.
    Last edited by Psyk0sisS; 07-02-2009 at 10:31 AM.

PSA #4

remember when rolling up a new alt. you may not have a feather fall item permanently equiped yet. Jumping of the harbor wall to run to the leaky dingy may result in serious injury.

Sarlona Guild of the Black Dragon
    Egrofraw, Eighttrack, Fearstryker, Foecleaver, Ferricgnome, Rustoleum, SoPretty

Default Psa #5

BEWARE

The "/death count" command will show you how many times your character has died.

This is a false statement, use at your own risk! LOL
    Last edited by Psyk0sisS; 02-25-2010 at 11:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Psyk0sisS View Post
    The "/death count" command will show you how many times your character has died.

This is a false statement, many Founders will hate me for passing along this info. Use are your own risk! LOL
    Read the fine print, and always get a second opinion (especially if the "advice" you've been given involves the word "death" in any way)

Quote Originally Posted by baylensman View Post
    PSA #4

remember when rolling up a new alt. you may not have a feather fall item permanently equiped yet. Jumping of the harbor wall to run to the leaky dingy may result in serious injury.
    Leading cause of permadeath re-rolls.
    Proud member of Renowned, Thelanis server.

PSA #3

Run "Dirk's Got a Secret" (Leaky Dinghy / Harbor: Den of the Kobold Brothers) until you get at least 1 "Muckbane" to save your main weapons from breaking all the time.

Hi there. Is there any fix for a Muckbane that has mysteriously lost its "lesser ooze bane"? I tired reporting the issue but I got the "there is no fix as this is not a known issue" response. I know that it is, because I have heard tell of other gimped Muckbanes. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrddinman View Post
    Hi there. Is there any fix for a Muckbane that has mysteriously lost its "lesser ooze bane"? I tired reporting the issue but I got the "there is no fix as this is not a known issue" response. I know that it is, because I have heard tell of other gimped Muckbanes. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
    I think I remember hearing that using them in a Stone of Change would fix them. Haven't tried it myself, though.

Default Psa #8

LOOT!

A few things to know about quest rewards.

1) If you aren't getting a wide variety of items: Open the Options window (default button "O"), Click the Gameplay button on the right, and uncheck class based rewards. This will have no bearing on your chest loot.

2) Some quests (usually quest chains / raids) have "named" loot. You will be given a list to choose from. It is a randomly generated list that has a mix of named loot and other stuff. If you dont get what you want, run the chain again and you might get lucky . Here is a list by Dragon.Star of all the named loot associated with quests.

3a) Weapons & Armor can be upgraded every EVEN level
    3b) Clothing & Jewelry can be upgraded every ODD level

HELP YOURSELF

Run "Dirk's Got a Secret" (Leaky Dinghy / Harbor: Den of the Kobold Brothers) until you get at least 1 "Muckbane" to save your main weapons from breaking all the time when fighting slimes.

Or keep a few lootgen greatclubs back for a bit (this is what I do on a new server, because I'm a cheapskate and hate farming Mucks. what else of use will you have in your inventory anyway?). Also, farm Coin Lord favour at least to the first rank to help with the above issue.

Eventually you will level past oozes and have some breathing space to look for a blunt thing or 2 blunt things of everbright, which will be your multipurpose rust monster / ooze basher.
    Terebinthia, Terebynthia, Tereana, Tereaina, Tereanna, Terebyte, Terechan, Terebinthis
    The Hand of the Black Tower, Khyber.
    Cupcakes welcomed.

HELP YOURSELF

I find that if you kill the map in a clock wise direction and enter muck's spawn point last you get a 90% spawn rate on muck.

I'm hereby coining the phrase for people with low to-hit as "COWS". Since they'll be grazing all day.

So if you get called a cow, its not cause you're fat.

That is all

(Hope I am the first to coin the phrase )
    This is highly offensive and inflammatory
    Clerics of Fernia
    King of Stormreach
    (and if you disagree with me, then you can treat me like a Nintendo Cartridge )

Default Somethign to ADD

STAY WITH THE GROUP!

Until you have an understanding of the game and how everything works... STAY WITH THE GROUP!
    If you tell the other players you are new they will stick with you normally. This will enhance your understanding of the game.
    ??* Worth[R]Elf ??* Kittu[R/P]Dwarf ??* Alexo[S]Drow ??* Amida[R]Elf ??* Krsna[R/F]Warforged ??* vainangel[F/W]Human ??* Cundi[FvS]Drow ??* ♪♫.we are sarcastic.♫♪

Default Psa #10

FAVOR

Favor is aquired by completing quests.

You get the most favor by completing a quest on Elite.

Favor from one quest does not stack. (I.E. If you get 4 on Normal, 8 on Hard, 12 on Elite...you dont have 24 favor for that quest, only 12) Highest Applies.

You can view your Favor by pushing "P" by default. The first tab is the quest list that can be sorted multiple ways. The second tab show the total favor and favor for what "agency". By hovering the mouse over the bar, you can see how much you have. Once the yellow bar is full, you'll get an in-game e-mail from an agent that you need to talk to to collect your reward.

Most people focus on Coinlords (for inventory bags..max 5) or House K (extra bank bags..max 3) to start with.

DDO Compendium Notes on Favor
    Last edited by Psyk0sisS; 07-02-2009 at 11:25 AM.

Default Psa #11

BUYING STACKS

A "stack" is the max. amount of a single item you can carry in one inventory slot. Most things stack to 100.

Buying a stack of potions or spell components requires a TON of clicking right?

Nope, just hold down CTRL and click the item. A box will open and you can type in how many you want! Save your mouse AND your finger.
    Last edited by Psyk0sisS; 07-02-2009 at 10:32 AM.

Default Warforged and their Tasty Hams

Warforged class cannot eat Tasty Hams. It interferes with their hydraulics for some reason. They can, however, place them in the Stone of Change in the Market and convert them to a useable oil.

Can't remember where you are bound? Try using /resloc
    Last edited by Iakona; 03-01-2010 at 01:48 AM.
    -----

Items may be won or lost, only honor can truly be won on the field of battle - a long lost friend

There's a new Xp reward system as of U11: the bravery system.
    In short you get bonus xp when all the following conditions are met:
    -it's your first time doing the quest
    -you do quest on hard or elite
    -everyone in the group is at or lower than base quest level+2

What this means is that if you put a LFM for an harbor quest on elite (generally L2 quest) having a single L5 in the party can mean losing up to 70% xp bonus...
    Pirotesse (battle-trap), Clausius (old style paly), Cadhu (swat fighter), Abysinthe (cleric), Sephiria (sorc), Dragunova (archer), Mauhin (wiz), Muhrahin(wf juggernauth), Azred(tempest), Birebash(sniper cleric), Bashibouzouk (barb), Salud(battle bard), Sniperovitch (repeater), Iraelle(battle cleric)

Quote Originally Posted by Barhai View Post

What this means is that if you put a LFM for an harbor quest on elite (generally L2 quest) having a single L5 in the party can mean losing up to 70% xp bonus...
    That is not really true now ether. you when you raise the difficulty to elite the quest would now be a L4 and a L5 player would have no effect on other party members EXP because the EXP is not Effected until someone is 2 levels above the quest so that would happen in this case if someone was L6 on that quest.

Community Member muffins_cupcake's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Barhai View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Daddy_Jay View Post
    That is not really true now ether. you when you raise the difficulty to elite the quest would now be a L4 and a L5 player would have no effect on other party members EXP because the EXP is not Effected until someone is 2 levels above the quest so that would happen in this case if someone was L6 on that quest.
    What Barhai is referring to is the loss of the bravery bonus xp. If the quest on elite is level 5 and a level 5 and lower group enters, you gain a bravery streak for completing it at and below level. As soon as a level 6 steps in, even for just a second; you lose that bonus, but no other xp penalties.

Although you do indeed lose an additional 10% xp if someone is 2 levels above the elite level.
    Muffins & Cupcakes, which is the best?

Whether it's the heavier breakfast muffin or the light and sweet frosted cupcake, everyone loves Muffins and Cupcakes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast