Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 LastLast
Results 221 to 240 of 309
  1. #221
    Time Bandit Renegade66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    2,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rasczak View Post
    Now 25pots.....Tell you what...I'll donate 25pots to Legion since they obviously becoming poor
    Look at the OP date. Well over a year ago and before the Newb-store started selling pots to generate revenue to improve server performance for LotR.

    I will take your pots though. Please send to Marauder. Thanks.
    [RENEGADE (Monk) - LEGION - FOUNDER AUG 2005]
    Blutus, Bodak, Diablo, Guilloteen, Jellybean, Mantikor
    Marauder, Renaissance, Rigormortiss, Ungajinga, Valkyrie
    1st ww Tower/Vision/Abbot/Shroud, Epic VoN/Chrono, Reaver Xoriat * 1st capped Permatoon

  2. #222
    2014 DDO Players Council
    Rasczak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Collecting Soul Stones
    Posts
    2,343

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade66 View Post
    Look at the OP date. Well over a year ago and before the Newb-store started selling pots to generate revenue to improve server performance for LotR.

    I will take your pots though. Please send to Marauder. Thanks.
    The comment was based on posts still be made currently as well as the program seeming to continue

    In fact the power argument has yet again started based on guild renown and first achievements and while I find it funny to have ppl screaming over who is strongest and I giggle, I'll go with smartest anyday. I mean would I prefer to go with the guild that throws a ton of pots at a quest to claim first completion to the point they have to charge an entrance fee to make it up, or a guild that completes just as easily with no resources....hmm....you're welcome to the pots...I don't need them since most first time runs I do and most accomplishments are done without hefty fees

    Well done, you get first prize...I'll admit you are the strongest guild....so what do you get for being there that I don't?
    Don't let common sense stop you...
    Qualified Devil's Advocate ` Refugee Boldrei '06 / Keeper '09

  3. #223
    Time Bandit Renegade66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    2,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rasczak View Post
    The comment was based on posts still be made currently as well as the program seeming to continue

    In fact the power argument has yet again started based on guild renown and first achievements and while I find it funny to have ppl screaming over who is strongest and I giggle, I'll go with smartest anyday. I mean would I prefer to go with the guild that throws a ton of pots at a quest to claim first completion to the point they have to charge an entrance fee to make it up, or a guild that completes just as easily with no resources....hmm....you're welcome to the pots...I don't need them since most first time runs I do and most accomplishments are done without hefty fees

    Well done, you get first prize...I'll admit you are the strongest guild....so what do you get for being there that I don't?
    Neg repped me for that post? Ha ha, aren't you special. Anyway, the program is long since over. The post just gets necro'd every 6 months or so. The last time, I responded that it was still over, so not sure where you get the impression the progam seems to be continuing.

    GFU for admitting Legion is the strongest guild. The first step in recovery is always admitting the obvious.

    What do we get that you do not? Quite a bit actually. Of course, we're talking about a game here and not RL, so don't get confused.

    1. We have accomplishments and can take pride in them. You do not.
    2. We get notariety. People know Legion. You are not known.
    3. We get the best players in the game striving to join Legion versus having to search them out. Top players do not contact you to join your guild (assuming you are in one).
    4. We get the benefit of the doubt. If Legion says it's true then it probably is. People scanning a thread for an answer would stop at all Legion posts among others of course, just not yours.
    5. We get taken into strong groups over non-Legion players. If the party leader had you or a Legion guy to take for the last spot, you would be passed-over everytime.
    6. Whenever we are in game, we are always with a full team of the best players in the game. Therefore we have quicker access to loot and more chances at powerful loot than you do.
    7. We get the honor of having a target on our backs and all the fun that goes with beating down thin-skinned, wanna-bees that want to complain about Legion being a bunch of meanies.

    Did I answer your question?
    [RENEGADE (Monk) - LEGION - FOUNDER AUG 2005]
    Blutus, Bodak, Diablo, Guilloteen, Jellybean, Mantikor
    Marauder, Renaissance, Rigormortiss, Ungajinga, Valkyrie
    1st ww Tower/Vision/Abbot/Shroud, Epic VoN/Chrono, Reaver Xoriat * 1st capped Permatoon

  4. #224
    Community Member Orratti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,540

    Default

    If you have not known of, been jealous of, hated, or competed against Legion for the past, well, FOREVER then you have no idea who the best guild out there is. Legion is what they claim until someone can prove them wrong. If you think you're better you're gonna need more than a bigger airship to prove it.

  5. #225
    2014 DDO Players Council
    Rasczak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Collecting Soul Stones
    Posts
    2,343

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade66 View Post
    Neg repped me for that post? Ha ha, aren't you special. Anyway, the program is long since over. The post just gets necro'd every 6 months or so. The last time, I responded that it was still over, so not sure where you get the impression the progam seems to be continuing.

    GFU for admitting Legion is the strongest guild. The first step in recovery is always admitting the obvious.

    What do we get that you do not? Quite a bit actually. Of course, we're talking about a game here and not RL, so don't get confused.

    1. We have accomplishments and can take pride in them. You do not.
    2. We get notariety. People know Legion. You are not known.
    3. We get the best players in the game striving to join Legion versus having to search them out. Top players do not contact you to join your guild (assuming you are in one).
    4. We get the benefit of the doubt. If Legion says it's true then it probably is. People scanning a thread for an answer would stop at all Legion posts among others of course, just not yours.
    5. We get taken into strong groups over non-Legion players. If the party leader had you or a Legion guy to take for the last spot, you would be passed-over everytime.
    6. Whenever we are in game, we are always with a full team of the best players in the game. Therefore we have quicker access to loot and more chances at powerful loot than you do.
    7. We get the honor of having a target on our backs and all the fun that goes with beating down thin-skinned, wanna-bees that want to complain about Legion being a bunch of meanies.

    Did I answer your question?
    Didn't neg rep you, maybe whoever did will fess up and explain why?
    I got neg repped myself so ego's are very fragile.

    You didn't answer any of my questions and the fact that ego's are so fragile....well that says something. Everything you list above is not exclusive to Legion.

    But I will make sure that next time I post tongue in cheek, I will explain it out for people who obviously don't get sarcasm very often.

    Be honest...Legion asked for the dice changes didn't they? <==== This is known as teasing

    Although you're slightly delusional looking at your above reply but I won't hold it against you.

    EDIT: Shame on me for speed reading. I found this thread because someone said they were applying to do it. I needed the giggle though so thanks for that. I retract my intial post since I was misinformed.
    Last edited by Rasczak; 10-16-2010 at 04:57 AM.
    Don't let common sense stop you...
    Qualified Devil's Advocate ` Refugee Boldrei '06 / Keeper '09

  6. #226
    Time Bandit Renegade66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    2,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rasczak View Post
    EDIT: Tvm for the neg rep which seems to be based on the fact you believe I neg repp'd you. An amazing way to show how Legion can be wrong...Have a nice day.
    Wasn't me. I don't think I've ever used that button.
    [RENEGADE (Monk) - LEGION - FOUNDER AUG 2005]
    Blutus, Bodak, Diablo, Guilloteen, Jellybean, Mantikor
    Marauder, Renaissance, Rigormortiss, Ungajinga, Valkyrie
    1st ww Tower/Vision/Abbot/Shroud, Epic VoN/Chrono, Reaver Xoriat * 1st capped Permatoon

  7. #227
    Time Bandit Renegade66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    2,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rasczak View Post
    You didn't answer any of my questions and the fact that ego's are so fragile....well that says something. Everything you list above is not exclusive to Legion.
    Your question was "so what do you get for being there that I don't?". I believe I answered accordingly.

    It appears that you meant to ask "so what do you get for being there that is exclusive to Legion?" That's a completely different question and therefore a different set of answers.

    1. We get to take pride in Legion's long list of world firsts and other accomplishments that are exclusive to our guild alone.
    2. We get notariety. People know Legion. We are exclusively at the top of the list of well-known guilds.
    3. We get the honor of having a target on our backs and all the fun that goes with beating down thin-skinned, wanna-bees that want to complain about Legion being a bunch of meanies. This is exclusive to Legion.
    [RENEGADE (Monk) - LEGION - FOUNDER AUG 2005]
    Blutus, Bodak, Diablo, Guilloteen, Jellybean, Mantikor
    Marauder, Renaissance, Rigormortiss, Ungajinga, Valkyrie
    1st ww Tower/Vision/Abbot/Shroud, Epic VoN/Chrono, Reaver Xoriat * 1st capped Permatoon

  8. #228

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom318 View Post
    It is.. well being generous so.. guild level is something everyone can see and verify. You can't claim a guild level you don't have. Anyone can claim to be the first level 20 half-orc, but how would anyone prove that? but you can claim to have for instance a level 70 guild, and anyone from the person who joined on the first day to the person who's played for years, can see whether or not your guild is level 70.

    So it's an independent, verifiable metric of measurement that is independent of opinion and conjecture.
    Please, I would really like to know how Renown enables guilds to complete raids and epics timely, efficiently and first. I would also love to see an explanation how a 1000 member guild with harbour newbs, with 60 renown can translate that renown into epic completions.

    How is Renown in anyway a measurement of anything other than how many chests are opened.

    Now yes, "greatest" of anything is open for debate, as there are so many variables people can argue about. However, renown has no value in measuring a guild's ability to get the job done whether that job be completing epics, permadeath or roleplaying.
    Last edited by Clay; 10-14-2010 at 02:11 PM.
    Khyber
    R e v e n a n t s Renowned
    Thelanis

  9. #229
    Community Member Jaywade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Alexandria, Va
    Posts
    2,023

    Default

    haven't logged in for months and still the legion hate is around huh .... you'd guy would like Ren better if you knew he wears a t-shirt w/ fuzzy bunnies and teddy bears when he plays...now clay ...well he plays in the NUDE
    In Game- Hsc, Malcis, ESD, Narsfilth, Nashnarlar, Axeslar, Darksilence, Nullnvoid, Norvex, Takanobu, Warzerk, Harshnarlar, Antibio, Zintarnarlar, Zorest, Axenroses and Intherear Originally Posted by kaidendager "I find a larger flaw with gathering data from dissatisfied customers and forcing proposed changes on a satisfied player base"

  10. #230

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaywade View Post
    haven't logged in for months and still the legion hate is around huh .... you'd guy would like Ren better if you knew he wears a t-shirt w/ fuzzy bunnies and teddy bears when he plays...now clay ...well he plays in the NUDE
    You have access to the same spy camera network that Raiden does?
    Khyber
    R e v e n a n t s Renowned
    Thelanis

  11. #231
    Community Member dsebutchr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Arkansas, USA
    Posts
    110

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Clay View Post
    How is Renown in anyway a measurement of anything other than how many chests are opened.
    We base our member worth on how much renown we can exploit out of them.

    Just because Legion gauges players on things like...accomplishments...phhhtt....does not, in any way, mean that's the best.

    Some guilds might like the color of the toon's docent. Other's might invite them based on their name, or that joke they told in that quest that one night.

    Other guilds might invite them solely on the basis that they eat cheetos in their underwear during boss fights. I'm not saying it's right, I'm not saying it's the best method...I just heard this was done okay!!!!!

    Stop looking at me like that dammit!!!!1!!!1!1!!!!!11!
    Account was hacked. So none of the characters that were listed here can be trusted...not even me.
    Gah...I can't trust myself now...
    Hi! Welcome.

  12. #232
    Community Member Mister_Peace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Cyre
    Posts
    860

    Default

    I rolled a toon on Thelanis, bought 25 pots from the plat farmers, but joined Legoin instead by mistake.





    This isn't really a problem, as my new buddies Legolassss and Drizzzzzt are as good as anyone when it comes to helping me get ready for endgame pvp.
    Quote Originally Posted by havokiano View Post
    you are boring. And you rosik a lot. bye.
    Quote Originally Posted by suitepotato View Post
    With the amount of facepalming we do, it's a wonder DDO players have any noses left.

  13. #233
    Community Member Mercureal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Centre of the Universe-ish, winterland version
    Posts
    1,205

    Default

    I saw that this thread had been revived, and since it's a slow day at work I was hoping for a little entertainment. I was bitterly disappointed. Boring. Drama fail!

    Thread necro-er, you have let me and everyone else down, you should be ashamed of yourself.
    ---------------------------------------
    * Thelanis - Mercure *
    C.L.A.W. (Council of Law and War)
    ---------------------------------------

  14. #234
    Community Member Jaywade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Alexandria, Va
    Posts
    2,023

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Clay View Post
    You have access to the same spy camera network that Raiden does?
    don't tell

    hey clay how come I can't log in...I keep getting unable to connect to world...is the game messed up? I haven't played in about a year or so (since our daughter was born)
    In Game- Hsc, Malcis, ESD, Narsfilth, Nashnarlar, Axeslar, Darksilence, Nullnvoid, Norvex, Takanobu, Warzerk, Harshnarlar, Antibio, Zintarnarlar, Zorest, Axenroses and Intherear Originally Posted by kaidendager "I find a larger flaw with gathering data from dissatisfied customers and forcing proposed changes on a satisfied player base"

  15. #235
    2014 DDO Players Council
    Rasczak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Collecting Soul Stones
    Posts
    2,343

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade66 View Post
    Your question was "so what do you get for being there that I don't?". I believe I answered accordingly.
    In relation to a need to defend Legion. Legion is fine by me either way. I am not in Legion so my question was what do you have in Legion that I don't have where I am. This post of yours I'm currently quoting relates better.

    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade66 View Post
    1. We get to take pride in Legion's long list of world firsts and other accomplishments that are exclusive to our guild alone.
    A positive most definitely, but not every first or accomplishment is Legion's. And not every accomplishment or first is public knowledge....we have seen the proof before.

    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade66 View Post
    2. We get notariety. People know Legion. We are exclusively at the top of the list of well-known guilds.
    Aah but noteriety works both ways. being so well known and/or hated means one of two things, less chance of certain groupings or better chance in others. Although one of your original posts you say you fill up with guildies and pug now and then so being at the top of well known guilds doesn't have that much bonus. I myself rarely Pug and only run with guildies so being at the top of well known guilds isn't that much of a bonus.

    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade66 View Post
    3. We get the honor of having a target on our backs and all the fun that goes with beating down thin-skinned, wanna-bees that want to complain about Legion being a bunch of meanies. This is exclusive to Legion.
    That I will definitely give to you. Certain Legion attitudes are not very becoming for me but it doesn't matter either way. If I don't like I leave. People will play the way they determine to be fun for them. If Legion decides that treating pug members in a certain way is fun then you're doing something right. Most guilds will choose to treat pugs in a way whether considered good or bad. The reason I am in a certain guild is because I believe in how the guild works and their approach so I wouldn't say being accused of being a bunch of meanies is something I give a snot about. But as for targets. you do get that exclusive right

    First thing you learn here is Legion is to blame. Not sure what of but t-shirts hsould be handed out in the market

    Maybe I should point out that while it may seem I came across as being one of those, erm it's in this pm..."jealous types", I am in fact not. I feel about Legion about as much as I feel for some unrecognisable guild. You guys have accomplishments, I have them to and we go on and on because at the end of the day, you have to feel pride in what you doing. Legion gets that right to.

    I'm not here to debate greatness though, I saw the thread and thought it was funny and marvelous all at once. I can imagine the amount of people scrambling like peons to get 24hours you guys must have made a killing. That would most likely be an exclusive Legion affair as well. No other guild has tried it before so sincere kudos for doing it. But understand, that if you step back and look at the marvelous arrogance of it, like it's actually important to be able to say you spent 24hours with Legion like it's a badge of honour you reserve for things like spending time with Metallica or whoever an idol is to you...that's the part I find funny
    Last edited by Rasczak; 10-14-2010 at 04:36 PM.
    Don't let common sense stop you...
    Qualified Devil's Advocate ` Refugee Boldrei '06 / Keeper '09

  16. #236
    Community Member Gunga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    NYC Metro
    Posts
    6,159

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade66 View Post
    Did I answer your question?
    YOU'RE MEAN!

    can i join?

  17. #237
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    638

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Clay View Post
    Please, I would really like to know how Renown enables guilds to complete raids and epics timely, efficiently and first. I would also love to see an explanation how a 1000 member guild with harbour newbs, with 60 renown can translate that renown into epic completions.
    It doesn't, it's just a measure of success that can be easily quantified and verified. It's like having the richest company in the world. You can be first, you can be more timely or more efficient or whatever, but the fact remains that you can't PROVE that you were more timely or more efficient or first, and that guild can PROVE that he has more reknown that you.

    And get this, you can spend reknown but you can't spend "greatness"

    Quote Originally Posted by Clay View Post
    How is Renown in anyway a measurement of anything other than how many chests are opened.
    Still, if it can be proven that opening more chests leads to more reknown, then it can be objectively said at least that they have opened more chests. Since chests usually appear in places where creatures have to be beaten, it can also be said that they have beaten more creatures. In truth though, you don't only get reknown from opening chests, so you can't say it's a measurement of anything other than they have played a lot for a long time, which surely is the mark of a sustainable guild.

    Quote Originally Posted by Clay View Post
    Now yes, "greatest" of anything is open for debate
    Fair enough, so if you want to call your guild the "greatest" you'll have to provide a way to objectively measure and verify the greatness that you claim your guild has.

    Quote Originally Posted by Clay View Post
    However, renown has no value in measuring a guild's ability to get the job done whether that job be completing epics, permadeath or roleplaying.
    It can't be said that reknown has no value though, it enables you to get a good guild ship and lots of enhancements for it.

  18. #238
    Community Member Delt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3,149

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom318 View Post
    Fair enough, so if you want to call your guild the "greatest" you'll have to provide a way to objectively measure and verify the greatness that you claim your guild has.
    You do delera's on casual in a full group and wiped in Dirty Laundry. No one cares what you think.

    On a semi-related note, Legion picked up the first completionist on Thelanis on his last life if I am not mistaken...accomplishment padders.

  19. #239
    2014 DDO Players Council
    Rasczak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Collecting Soul Stones
    Posts
    2,343

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Delt View Post
    On a semi-related note, Legion picked up the first completionist on Thelanis on his last life if I am not mistaken...accomplishment padders.
    well then we might as well stick all the facts together, that same completionist was in another guild doing most of it a couple weeks before he joined Legion......every accomplishment has a background story and at the end of the day it's not guilds. It's players and Legion does have a lot of good ones.

    But enough hijacking, I'll leave the thread to be drowned again
    Last edited by Rasczak; 10-15-2010 at 08:44 AM.
    Don't let common sense stop you...
    Qualified Devil's Advocate ` Refugee Boldrei '06 / Keeper '09

  20. #240
    Time Bandit kailiea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    224

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom318 View Post
    Fair enough, so if you want to call your guild the "greatest" you'll have to provide a way to objectively measure and verify the greatness that you claim your guild has.
    The easiest way to find that out is to stroll on over to the achievements sections of the forums............ which is where most players go when they want to know who has done something "great"

    I am sorry people feel that your guild is a bit sub par in comparison to ours but most don't find 1000 f2p accounts ransacking Irestone Inlet ad nauseum much of an achievement.

    However I will say congrats to your guild hitting level 70!

    I hope to see an achievement thread from you where you and your friends tackle the deadly deeps of Shanto Kor. It is always nice to see the F2P players expanding there experiences.
    Revenants~Arczs~Grayde~Kaywee

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload