Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Lol, didnt look at the date when I was reading first page, but it was kinda weird when I saw people writing freshen the air and proof in the poison as tough quests.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan_Milic View Post
    Lol, didnt look at the date when I was reading first page, but it was kinda weird when I saw people writing freshen the air and proof in the poison as tough quests.
    To continue the necro (why the heck not ^^), proof was pretty damn hard on my first few toons.
    Seeming I'm anti-ship buff, those acid arrows were overpowered as hell.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by lorthean View Post
    I dont care for just running and jumping all the time and then running more. Gives me vertigo and I don't want to play those quests and to be honest I usually get a headache as well. SO Coal chamber, and inferno of the damned are both at the top of my list as well as the Pit.

If I wanted to play mario or donkey kong I would have bought those game....... not DDO.

I agree, the Reaver was a little easy before, you could solo it even but now they have changed th ellies into super-ellies and made a rather decent raid that everyone runs to one they only run occasionally.

A good quest that gives almost no XP is Caverns of Korromor, it is fun, has various mobs, and you get to fight a beholder at the end and has some decent loot that drops as well. Bump the XP and that one will get on thr LFM board more often.
    I actually love the Caverns of Korromar! And the one where you have to find the Holy Avenger sword... Tears of Dhakaaan,

Most hated dungeons?
    1) Proof. Is. In. The. Poison. I can solo this on normal at level 6, I can't run with a PUG for any reason.
    2) The Pit... I have to ACTIVATE all the traps? Really?
    3) Coal Chamber - I do not play Mario for a reason.

Give me story, give me background, give me a quest that allows me to run it with a PUG... I don't want an easy button. It seems to me that almost any dungeon can be run with a well geared group that knows what it is doing so this isn't a factor.

A point about zerging, though, some classes are built that way. Monks and Barbarians, I am looking at you. It seems to me that they are built in such a way that there is no choice but to charge in to combat. Barbarians for the aggro, monks for the ki buildup...

Just my 2 coppers.

Everything in Necro 3.

Threnal.

Coal Chamber.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Helmet View Post
    A lot of people hate all of the Necro but I think it is because of the challenge of undead (a lot of spells are ineffective). I think they just want an Easy Button.
    If that was the case, then Delera's would not be so popular.

I don't like quests that:

1. Involve auto-lose features like protect or don't kill.
    2. Involve long periods of jumping, swimming or walking crazy distances.
    3. involve any of the harpers. I don't know why, I have have a strong negative reaction to the guys and would love an option to tell them to shut up and go away and take care of things myself.

Community Member

For those saying Rainbow in the Dark, this makes me sad. I admit I hated it when I started, so I understand where you are coming from, but it is now one of my favorite quests in the game. A *lot* of other people will tell you the same thing. It is a brilliant piece of design, and reeks of old school D&D. Remember when you actually had to have a torch to explore a dungeon? And you had to stay next to the guy with the torch? And you might actually fall into a pit full of spikes if you didn't pay attention? Plus, it is quite possible to get across the nasty pit with a bit of practice. Anyway, give it another chance.

As for hated quests. Ghosts of Perdition. I usually play arcane and usually fail in this quest. It's just a big old waste of time. So much so that I just don't run it anymore unless someone else insists they want to try.
    Last edited by Katie_Seaglen; 08-13-2013 at 11:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulfurnace View Post
    To continue the necro (why the heck not ^^), proof was pretty damn hard on my first few toons.
    Seeming I'm anti-ship buff, those acid arrows were overpowered as hell.
    Was the first time you did it when spell power on mobs was bugged?

Anything with pipe jumping or riding air jets. Prove Your Worth, Monastery of the Scorpion and The Tide Turns are high on that list.

The Pit -- not so much because of pipes, but because it requires spatial imagination I simply do not have. Also in my experience, people who know it well do not have the patience to wait for those who do not. So I just do not run it.

Oddly, I rather like Coal Chamber, except for the fact it takes so bloody long!
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

"Of course it is. Are YOU going to question beholder's artistic sense?"

Hold for Reinforcements...Stupid Coyle. Grrr.
    The best part of the 10th Anniversary of DDO...the description on the Oatmeal Raisin Kookie,
    "From a distance you thought this was a chocolate chip kookie. Now you're sad."

1. Surprised at No Mention of Ice Storm in the Freshen the Air Posts

For me this is far far worse than the likes of Lightning Bolt, Magic/Chain Missiles and Melf's - Not that they're not severely overtuned in said quest too!

I've said many times that FtA is NOT a Lvl 4 Quest - In fact I'd go so far as to say that it's far worse than PiitP!

To my way of thinking everything needed to defeat a quest should be available to a Character able to gain FULL XP from said quest {and this now includes BB!}.

So:

Freshen the Air - FoM Min Lvl 7 to cast for a Cleric {Higher for any other Caster} - FtA should be Lvl 5 on Normal!
    OR
    Remove Ice Storm, Sleet Storm {and Grease} from Mobs of Lvl 6 and Lower!

Swiped Signet - Currently Lvl 5 on Elite would also benefit hugely if either of these suggestions were implemented!

I'd also like to ask that certain Hirelings be given FoM {Currently the only one to have this spell is Lani Vesta - Lvl 9 FavSoul}

-Flower - Is a Battle Cleric/Tank - Lose the Turn Undead ability which is terminally bugged for her!
    Replace with FoM

Also Remove Summon Spider and Replace with Aid Mass

-Fergus - Currently one of the most useless Hirelings in the game in my experience!
    Remove Dispel Magic and Summon Spider!
    Replace with FoM and DW

-Lani Vesta - Has FoM but otherwise is all over the place!
    Remove Divine Power and Hold Person!
    Replace with DW and Lesser Restoration or Rem Disease

Also Replace Cure Mod with Cure Serious!

-Tazovir - Bard Lvl 10
    Remove Displacement
    Replace with FoM

Roshan - FvS 11
    Remove Dispel Magic
    Replace with FoM

Dheran Giles - Cleric 13 - Horrible Hireling
    Remove Greater Dispel
    Replace with FoM

Skein - FvS 14
    Remove Recitation
    Replace with FoM

Nina Tegren - FvS 17
    Remove Aid Mass and Prayer
    Replace with FoM and Mass Deathward

Merenon Lior - FvS 18
    Remove Banishment
    Replace with FoM

Caraneth Myar - FvS 19
    Remove Fire Storm and Summon Efreet
    Replace with Resurrection and Blade Barrier

Also fix her DCs for Implosion/BB

The Water one in Necro 2. I friggin hate that quest.

Community Member FlaviusMaximus's Avatar

Right now mine is Fall of Truth. Like VoD, everything happens in one slightly larger, boring room. The party is often spread out doing different things so it doesn't really feel like a 12 person group. There's also the redundancy factor. Doing the same timed beatdown with variations of the same enemies four times (counting the big guys) is pretty uninteresting.

I'm also on the hook to run like a million FoTs for commendations, which I'm not looking forward to, and frankly have mostly avoided thus far. With other raids, my incentive to run them has been gear. In FoT, my incentive is only to upgrade gear, which eliminates any excitement upon completion.

Epic GH was a small update though. I guess I really shouldn't expect the raid to be on the level of a CiTW.

I am not surprised that many people do not like Freshen the Air on elite doing it at level 6 or Proof is in the Poison on elite at level 6.

Those quests are marked [Extreme Difficulty]. IMHO, the devs should update its XP to reflect that difficulty.

I have a ranged character that went through those quests soloing last week it was not too bad, but it was pretty bad when I did it first 7 years ago on my very first arcane caster character. Basically, you were outgunned in that quest and cannot heal fast enough for the incoming damage. There is also no way to mitigate ice storm bludgeoning part damage.

Right now, my least favorite quest is Acute Delirium on Elite doing it at level 18 or 19. On normal it was funny and fun. On elite, it was a brutal massacre.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrande View Post
    On elite, it was a brutal massacre.
    So are most of my dates but it doesn't mean I didn't have fun.

LOVE elite Acute Delirium. It has just the right amount of wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by joker965 View Post
    I commented in the other thread that TOR is by far my favorite quest(that I have done). It got me thinking about the "bad" ones.

The one I can't stand the most is VOD.

1. There is no rational way to beat the quest currently. (possibly be different at level 20)

2. Stand in one room.

3. Half of the characters in the raid do very little after the fighting starts.

4. Use a ton of resources and then wipe 95% of the way?

IMO it is just boring and the most not-D&D quest in the game. Oh well.
    The reason why you hate this quest is simply because you're not doing it correctly.

I've run it numerous times on elite with a PUG. I've only ever encountered one party wipe as a result.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrande View Post
    I am not surprised that many people do not like Freshen the Air on elite doing it at level 6 or Proof is in the Poison on elite at level 6.

Those quests are marked [Extreme Difficulty]. IMHO, the devs should update its XP to reflect that difficulty.

I have a ranged character that went through those quests soloing last week it was not too bad, but it was pretty bad when I did it first 7 years ago on my very first arcane caster character. Basically, you were outgunned in that quest and cannot heal fast enough for the incoming damage. There is also no way to mitigate ice storm bludgeoning part damage.

Right now, my least favorite quest is Acute Delirium on Elite doing it at level 18 or 19. On normal it was funny and fun. On elite, it was a brutal massacre.
    Just the boss fight in the regular delirium quest is one of the toughest in the game. That thing seems to have a million hit points. Or maybe it's because i was hitting it with a monk.

Yes, Acute Delirium on elite is brutal.

Oddly, i no longer feel Freshen the Air or Proof is in the poison are terribly difficult. I certainly did when i was new. The ice storms, well heck, you can just walk out of them. The sleet storms cast by the gnolls on top of the maze in Crucible are much worse to me.

The one quest I don't like is Reaver's Fate. It is as boring as sin.

I also dislike most of Necro 3, though the one with the rats in the floor maze I found especially annoying. Mainly because unless you're doing the rats in the maze, you're standing around to kill spawns. The concept is great, but I'm not thrilled about how it was executed.

Abbot

Doing Proof is in the Poison with a PUG is a test of both patience and leadership. if everyone works together, you can pull a group at level through that quest successfully.

if not, you'll die several times before you get past the bridge.

You try and zerg it, you will die.

it gets you ready for Running with the Devils...

Quote Originally Posted by bsquishwizzy View Post
    The one quest I don't like is Reaver's Fate. It is as boring as sin.

I also dislike most of Necro 3, though the one with the rats in the floor maze I found especially annoying. Mainly because unless you're doing the rats in the maze, you're standing around to kill spawns. The concept is great, but I'm not thrilled about how it was executed.
    It's a good opportunity for a picnic though.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast