Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default The glory of GUILDS

Will guilds play and even bigger part in the future of DDO Unlimited?

I suspect they may. With the influx of novice players which is bound to occur because of the no-pay plan; running with your guild or a known guild will be a great aid in playing a well-run, fun quest.

I still contact players in my recruiting who make comments as "I do not like guilds." or "I enjoy playing alone."

Which is fine, but I beleive with guilds you can reap the benefits more so than incur any negatives.

The support structure of a guild alone is a plus, not to mention the handy-me-down loot.

What else does DDO Unlimited have in-store for guilds, and what is YOUR opinion of them...?
    The One True Fighter/Wizard Father of the Alliance General Orcneas of ORC

http://darkside.guildportal.com http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=174849

I so agree that the guild name is going to be important on choosing who to run with on quests that require teamwork and brains. of course I don't mind one or even 2 newbs in a quest if they can listen sometimes but other times it's nice to know your group is going to be fine. I need to start making a note of the current pre-mod guilds.
    .............. seems nothing is safe .....................

Default Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by sisterjinx View Post
    I so agree that the guild name is going to be important on choosing who to run with on quests that require teamwork and brains. of course I don't mind one or even 2 newbs in a quest if they can listen sometimes but other times it's nice to know your group is going to be fine. I need to start making a note of the current pre-mod guilds.
    I know many of the current guilds out-there now, this helps me when I recruit from people who have guilds, but are obvious "guilds-of-one" or "homemade" guilds.

Guilds wont be necessary because everying will be soloable, with down scaling of difficulty and the easy button implementation.

Quote Originally Posted by Jondallar View Post
    Guilds wont be necessary because everying will be soloable, with down scaling of difficulty and the easy button implementation.

Oh, someone needs a hug.
    To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women!
    Go for the eyes Boo!

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Ed7 View Post

I still contact players in my recruiting who make comments as "I do not like guilds." or "I enjoy playing alone."
    How about you stop contacting everyone and let em contact you to join if they are interested? eh
    Founder of Epic failure
    Evasion Mechanics

Yes, I would say that guild level is some indicater of a guilds "top" ranking.

Question Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Ragemage View Post
    How about you stop contacting everyone and let em contact you to join if they are interested? eh
    Why though?

We had a council meeting in our Guild last night regarding what impact F2P is going to have on Guilds. It will be interesting to see how the established guilds handle recruiting. I would expect many will be wary of F2P players..

Interesting times....
    Argonessenn -Officer of Storm Shadow-
    Olen Anteres

Arrow

I believe in our case we will not change a thing about our "No open Recruiting" policy.

People will gravitate towards you and 9 out of 10 know what you are made of and looking for.

F2P will most likely strengthen Guilds a lot and we just may regain the Glory days of Pre-Gianthold days / before they lowered the bar by changing the Raid loot mechanics so that every piece of Raid loot became Farmable, and 12 man Pug's became the norm.

Let's wait and see.

Edit: Woops! Wrong server.
    "Multi-Classing: If you don't know what you are doing...please don't do it."
    Arkkanoz / Barbarrus / BoarAxe / Bruttus / Dahlamaar / Dexxaan / Dominattrix / Gregorius / Inquisittor / Mechanikkus / Predattor / Suntzzu / Valkeerya

Quote Originally Posted by Dexxaan View Post
    I believe in our case we will not change a thing about our "No open Recruiting" policy.

People will gravitate towards you and 9 out of 10 know what you are made of and looking for.

F2P will most likely strengthen Guilds a lot and we just may regain the Glory days of Pre-Gianthold days / before they lowered the bar by changing the Raid loot mechanics so that every piece of Raid loot became Farmable, and 12 man Pug's became the norm.

Let's wait and see.

Edit: Woops! Wrong server.
    heres hoping u r right

guilds are outdated! channels rule!

Default All of the above...

Quote Originally Posted by totmacher View Post

When looking for more for a party I like to first recruit from my guild, then through the shared channel, then through my friends list (which does not show who is in-party!) and finally an LFM.

Quote Originally Posted by totmacher View Post
    Your hair is outdated! Blah rules!

Quote Originally Posted by Jondallar View Post
    Guilds will still be used, more heavily by those welcoming this new change and the new players. Will those guilds also be out there helping and welcoming the new mass of free players? No, that is why they have guilds to hide out in. The rest of us will be the ones left to handle the situations that arise from all of this. Good times indeed.
    Proud Leader of the Shadowhand.

A is A. -John Galt

Default Contraire mon fraire...

Quote Originally Posted by Quanefel View Post
    Guilds will still be used, more heavily by those welcoming this new change and the new players. Will those guilds also be out there helping and welcoming the new mass of free players? No, that is why they have guilds to hide out in. The rest of us will be the ones left to handle the situations that arise from all of this. Good times indeed.

While I appreciate your martyr-like status, I am sure we will all be a part of helping the masses.
    Darkside in particular as an element of their desrciption, enjoys helping new players.

That being said guilds and alliances of guilds will make for more effective play, and ideally can set an example for the new players on "how we roll" in Stormreach.
    Last edited by Mr_Ed7; 07-02-2009 at 12:02 AM.

While I appreciate your martyr-like status, I am sure we will all be apart of helping the masses.
    Darkside in particular as an element of their desrciption, enjoys helping new players.

That being said guilds and alliances of guilds will make for more effective play, and ideally can set an example for the new players on "how we roll" in Stormreach.
    Martyr-like? No, common sense. When I have been talking to people about this who are for this, not many have expressed the desire to welcome the F2P with open arms or want to group with them. It is unsettling and why I bring it up. I do not like being volunteered to make the idea of another person, work. While they sit idly by not dealing with any negative concequences from the idea they are embrassing. Do you know what I mean?

Now, it is admiral that you or your guild would take on the mantle of welcoming the F2P masses with open arms. That is something to be proud of for sure. Yet at the same time, all of us must be careful with this. We need to find the balance of being too helpful and not being helpful at all.

If we are too helpful then F2P players will never have a need to get a full account or ever use the store at all. It would defeat the purpose of the store in the first place. If we offer too much advice, give or help too much then our own generosity will be our downfall, for the game.

If we help too little then people will be turned away to never wanting to be apart of our great community.

Some balance must be found there.

A is A. -John Galt

Arrow

/Epic fail

Why? Because although you may be interacting with them (not necessarily helping....) , In the end they'll be looking to "learn" from "us guilded ones in hiding".

Very similar to Politics.....doing vs knowing.

Nothing happening from F2P is actually that different than the game as it has been these 3 yrs. Noobs are noobs...some graduate..some don't. Simple really.

While I appreciate your martyr-like status, I am sure we will all be apart of helping the masses.
    LOL.
    Last edited by Dexxaan; 06-13-2009 at 09:04 AM.
    Arkkanoz / Barbarrus / BoarAxe / Bruttus / Dahlamaar / Dexxaan / Dominattrix / Gregorius / Inquisittor / Mechanikkus / Predattor / Suntzzu / Valkeerya

Quote Originally Posted by Dexxaan View Post
    /Epic fail

Why? Because although you may be interacting with them (not necessarily helping....) , In the end they'll be looking to "learn" from "us guilded ones in hiding".

Very similar to Politics.....doing vs knowing.

Nothing happening from F2P is actually that different than the game as it has been these 3 yrs. Noobs are noobs...some graduate..some don't. Simple really.

LOL.
    Really, nothing will be different with F2P than it is in game from the last 3 years? Wasn't trial accounts limited to 10 days with a credit card being used that showed might have money to eventually start paying for our trial accounts? Let's see, with F2P there is no time limit. With F2P there is no credit card to indicate and eventual purchase of anything but to you, nothing really is changing?

Yes, some or most will be learning from us things like how to level quickly, how to make ingame plat wealth, how to conserve plat to spend less and how to avoid ever having to spend a dime in the store or get an account when they can learn it all from us and ride off our generosity. I am sure that is best for the game, really it is.

A is A. -John Galt

Will guilds play and even bigger part in the future of DDO Unlimited?

I suspect they may. With the influx of novice players which is bound to occur because of the no-pay plan; running with your guild or a known guild will be a great aid in playing a well-run, fun quest.

Which is fine, but I beleive with guilds you can reap the benefits more so than incur any negatives.

The support structure of a guild alone is a plus, not to mention the handy-me-down loot.

What else does DDO Unlimited have in-store for guilds, and what is YOUR opinion of them...?

I for one have always, and I mean ALWAYS, helped out the "new guy". Sure we do guild runs from time to time, but even then we usually have a couple of unknowns (or.... dare I say NOOBS AHHHHHHHHH) in the group especially if it's a raid quest.

I will continue to help out new players until the day I (finally) quit this game for good. Ancient Civilization is a very noob-friendly guild that is willing to help anyone along in their DDO journey and will continue to do so.

Sure there are a few elitist types in our guild (clears throat.... cough... cough... KoboldKiller.....) but even then, they will help a noob along here and there. I doubt the population of our guild will grow a whole lot due to the move to F2P but only time will tell.

Talking

Really, nothing will be different with F2P than it is in game from the last 3 years? Wasn't trial accounts limited to 10 days with a credit card being used that showed might have money to eventually start paying for our trial accounts? Let's see, with F2P there is no time limit. With F2P there is no credit card to indicate and eventual purchase of anything but to you, nothing really is changing?

Yes, some or most will be learning from us things like how to level quickly, how to make ingame plat wealth, how to conserve plat to spend less and how to avoid ever having to spend a dime in the store or get an account when they can learn it all from us and ride off our generosity. I am sure that is best for the game, really it is.
    You don't like reading much do you Q?

It's OBVIOUS that from a quantity point of view things are expected to be dramatically changing, but as I pointed out the effect on Guilds (which happens to be the OP's concern....sry to re-rail the thread oh Negative one ) will be negligible as it is simply business as usual....and business is good.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast