Here are some frequently asked questions about DDO Unlimited:
- What is Dungeons & Dragons Online®: Eberron Unlimited™?
- FREE? For real?
- What’s this DDO Store you speak of?
- What are Turbine Points?
- What is a DDO VIP?
- Do I have to purchase Turbine Points to create an account and begin playing the game?
- Will I still be able to play and enjoy the game without buying items from the Turbine/DDO Store, or is that my only option for gaining weapons, armor, potions, and other battle goodies?
- Will I be able to sell my in-game items to other players in exchange for Turbine Points?
- Do I need a credit card to play the game?
- If I don’t have a DDO subscription, how much game content can I access?
1. What is Dungeons & Dragons Online®: Eberron Unlimited™?
Dungeons & Dragons Online®: Eberron Unlimited™ (or DDO for short) is the only FREE to play premium Massively Multiplayer Online game (MMO) of its kind. Set in the vast and dangerous online world of Eberron, gamers discover hidden treasure, pummel monsters, and look to evade traps left behind by an ancient race. By leveraging the most active, most realistic combat system of any online game, DDO players deliver and feel every blow that goes into a baddie’s demise.
2. FREE? For real?
Yes, for real. DDO is free to play as long as you want without subscription and—most importantly—without your credit card digits. Just log in and start battling your way to elite status without so much as reaching for your wallet. Along the way, you’ll even earn points equal to your level of success to spend in the DDO store. It’s like we’re paying you to play!
3. What’s this DDO Store you speak of?
Funny you should ask. The DDO store is a vendor within DDO, where you can spend your hard-fought points or real, hard-earned dollars (if you wish) to enhance your gaming experience. While the best gear can still only be found by adventuring in-game, the store offers a bevy of convenience items, in addition to premium content modules, extra character slots, hirelings, potions, unique character customization, and much more than this page will allow us to list! Items in the DDO store are purchased with Turbine Points.
4. What are Turbine Points?
Turbine Points are the currency of the DDO store, and you can buy them with credit cards, PayPal, or at participating POSA retailers (coming soon). They are available in 500 1000, 2500, and 5000 point denominations. You can also earn Turbine Points for certain achievements in-game. Turbine Points never expire and can be used to pay for anything in the DDO Store.
5. What is a DDO VIP?
Sounds important, right? Well, it is. DDO VIPs are players who want unlimited access to all of the content DDO has to offer. This newly optional subscription program also allows its gamers to enjoy a number of other exclusive benefits, such as a monthly grant of Turbine Points, priority access to servers, the ability to play all classes and races, additional character slots, a shared bank slot, and much more. The cost of becoming a DDO VIP is only $14.99 per month.
6. Do I have to purchase Turbine Points to create an account and begin playing the game?
Nope. Purchasing Turbine Points is 100% optional. And is only required if you wish to heighten your gaming experience by purchasing something from the DDO Store.
7. Will I still be able to play and enjoy the game without buying items from the Turbine/DDO Store, or is that my only option for gaining weapons, armor, potions, and other battle goodies?
You are absolutely under NO obligation to purchase anything from the DDO store in order to play and progress in the game. Gear is available for gamers who would like to improve some aspect of their in-game experience right away. While the store offers items of convenience, content, and character customization, there is no substitute for the glory and rewards that await you in the dungeons of DDO.
8. Will I be able to sell my in-game items to other players In exchange for Turbine Points?
Turbine Points are non-transferable and, like most of the items available for purchase in the DDO store, completely bound to you and your character(s)/account.
9. Do I need a credit card to play the game?
Absolutely not. The only time you’ll ever have to wield your plastic, or use an alternate payment method, is when purchasing Turbine Points at the DDO Store.
10. If I don’t have a DDO subscription, how much game content can I access?
Frankly, that all depends on what kind of gamer you are. Free content is widely available for low-level characters and becomes sparser as a character’s level increases. However, additional premium modules such as standalone adventures—and other areas of the world—are available for players of all levels to purchase through the DDO store. Once the module has been added to your account, it will be permanently available to all your characters.