Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Court of Lailat

Quote Originally Posted by tihocan View Post
    I think it's a nice riddle.
    Solving it without external help won't guarantee instant success (because of the randomness), but at least it will make it much faster than trying all hallways in a random order. It's not like the clues were useless.
    IMHO the mistake is they made the randomness static, so people were able to compile the solutions. They should change it so that it's actually truly random
    I've never bothered to look up any solutions... The middle 2 which are 50/50, I just pick one... You have to clear all 6 hallways anyway... If I choose wrong, I go do the other one.. and when I come back to my first choice it's a pretty easy run since I already cleared it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary_Gygax
    No single character has all the skills and resources needed to guarantee success in all endeavors; favorable results can usually only be achieved through group effort. No single player character wins, in the sense that he or she defeats all other player characters; the goal of the forces of good can only be attained through cooperation, so that victory is a group achievement rather than an individual one.

Quote Originally Posted by herzkos View Post
    sarcasm noted. for those who wish to do the tral and error method to figure
    any quest out, never fear, you will always have that option.

note, i didn't say simple, implying i did(or thats what I was looking for) makes you look simple.
    Oh goodie! Personal attack .

The point I was pushing for is the bad guy isn't required to leave the correct answer lying around for us. Leaving us a set of clues (IE the book at the beginning) with a couple of right answers and a couple of mixed up answers seems not only acceptable but intelligent. And why, after setting us up, would they leave the correct answer lying around where we can stumble across it? Seems like it'd defeat the purpose of setting up the trap in the first place.
    D.W.A.T: (Now with Non-Dwarf support)
    Founder of the (D.W.A.T) Elf Rebellion and Supporter of the H (alfling). I(ntel). T(eam).

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gadget2775 View Post
    Oh goodie! Personal attack .

The point I was pushing for is the bad guy isn't required to leave the correct answer lying around for us. Leaving us a set of clues (IE the book at the beginning) with a couple of right answers and a couple of mixed up answers seems not only acceptable but intelligent. And why, after setting us up, would they leave the correct answer lying around where we can stumble across it? Seems like it'd defeat the purpose of setting up the trap in the first place.
    Movie audiences wouldn't be happy if they had to watch Ben Gates and Indiana Jones solve puzzles through extended trial and error. For DDO to ask players to do the same is lame and lazy, regardless of how realistic it is.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by branmakmuffin View Post
    Movie audiences wouldn't be happy if they had to watch Ben Gates and Indiana Jones solve puzzles through extended trial and error. For DDO to ask players to do the same is lame and lazy, regardless of how realistic it is.
    Yet Indiana Jones still sets off the traps after missing all of the clues and makes his narrow escape.

If you want random trial and error with unrecoverable failure in a puzzle, look for Rainbow in the Dark. DQ1 is the wrong quest to pick on.

Guild Leader of The Faithless Constructs.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by pscomputers View Post
    Yet Indiana Jones still sets off the traps after missing all of the clues and makes his narrow escape.

If you want random trial and error with unrecoverable failure in a puzzle, look for Rainbow in the Dark. DQ1 is the wrong quest to pick on.
    I'm not mentioning any specific raid/quest. I am talking in general. If you want random, "press every button" puzzles, play Mario Brothers, or Zork. Puzzles with brute force solutions are lazy design, no ifs, ands or buts.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12