Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Community Member rkazman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    47

    Default intimi pally: dwarf or human?

    Was thinking of making a intimi pally, would you take dwarf or human and why?

  2. #2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rkazman View Post
    Was thinking of making a intimi pally, would you take dwarf or human and why?
    Well if you are planning to have aggro all the time you want to make it as cleric friendly as possble.
    Human Improved Recovery
    Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    *pokes the patch with a stick* get out there you,
    Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    We were pretty up front that the twf update was going to be a nerf regardless of lag or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    Um, I'm almost afraid to ask, but exactly just what is 'sneak humping'?

  3. #3
    Community Member rkazman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    47

    Default Ac

    Could dwarves have better ac because of their enchancements?

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rkazman View Post
    Could dwarves have better ac because of their enchancements?
    What will your starting dex be? As unless you are going to end up with more dex than just any old race can take advantage of it wont make any difference.
    Last edited by FluffyCalico; 05-19-2009 at 01:45 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    *pokes the patch with a stick* get out there you,
    Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    We were pretty up front that the twf update was going to be a nerf regardless of lag or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    Um, I'm almost afraid to ask, but exactly just what is 'sneak humping'?

  5. #5
    Community Member Inspire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    3,023

    Default

    If you want better Ac/Saves/Hps/DR choose Dwarf.
    If you want better Intimidate/Recovery/Versitility choose Human.


    Although it looks like Dwarves are ahead of Humans bonus wise, its actually very close.

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Inspire View Post
    If you want better Ac/Saves/Hps/DR choose Dwarf.
    If you want better Intimidate/Recovery/Versitility choose Human.


    Although it looks like Dwarves are ahead of Humans bonus wise, its actually very close.
    1) Don't forget the extra feat and the extra skill point per level
    2) If his dex isn't real high extra dex allowance in his armor wont matter.

    So what if you have have x more dex allowance bounes in armor if you don't have the dex to use it. The reason I say this is there are several stats that a pally needs meaning I don't see him starting with a ton of dex.
    Last edited by FluffyCalico; 05-19-2009 at 01:57 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    *pokes the patch with a stick* get out there you,
    Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    We were pretty up front that the twf update was going to be a nerf regardless of lag or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    Um, I'm almost afraid to ask, but exactly just what is 'sneak humping'?

  7. #7
    Community Member Inspire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    3,023

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCalico View Post
    1) Don't forget the extra feat and the extra skill point per level
    2) If his dex isn't real high extra dex allowance in his armor wont matter.

    So what if you have have x more dex allowance bounes in armor if you don't have the dex to use it. The reason I say this is there are several stats that a pally needs meaning I don't see him starting with a ton of dex.
    The extra feat and skill points, along with adaptability(and greater) are what I meant by versatility... sorry if that was a bit V&M.

    If you want the max Dexterity bonus to Ac, your Dexterity will look something like;
    3Dwarf Armor Mastery
    2Daggertooths Belt
    3Defender of Siberys
    2DT Fullplate
    ==========
    10Dexterity Bonus aka 30Dexterity

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Inspire View Post
    The extra feat and skill points, along with adaptability(and greater) are what I meant by versatility... sorry if that was a bit V&M.

    If you want the max Dexterity bonus to Ac, your Dexterity will look something like;
    3Dwarf Armor Mastery
    2Daggertooths Belt
    3Defender of Siberys
    2DT Fullplate
    ==========
    10Dexterity Bonus aka 30Dexterity
    True which is why I brought it up.

    I see a pally being more like 10 dex +2 tome +6 item=18dex or +4 dex bounes which can be gotten in Dragon touched crafted non mithil by any race.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    *pokes the patch with a stick* get out there you,
    Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    We were pretty up front that the twf update was going to be a nerf regardless of lag or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    Um, I'm almost afraid to ask, but exactly just what is 'sneak humping'?

  9. #9
    Community Member nukz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Are u going for umd too?
    so maybe u can heal ur self with heal scrolls
    if u r going to umd/intimidate
    go human

  10. #10
    Founder Solmage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Top of the world, aka Canada
    Posts
    4,119

    Default

    Dwarf:

    14 dex + 3 tome + 6 item +1 (dragon touch) = 24 dex = +7 AC from dex


    Dragontouch Full Plate's max dex: 1+3(dwarf)+3(paladin)=7

    As a paladin, you simply don't have the slots to mess around with the daggertooth belt.

    (you need a con item, a dex item, a str item, a wis item to cover that 8 wisdom, and, ideally, a cha item too, although this one can be replaced with a wand or your own spell. You may be able to save a protection item's slot by using the syberis shield of faith ability, but you still need a greater false life, a greensteel hp item slot, a greensteel mana intimidation item, and an actual normal intimidation item slot, a striding item, a heavy fort item, and ideally, a silver-flame necklace)

    Just my imho of course.
    Devs: Thanks for making Druids available to VIPs without the pack. This more than anything, has made me want to buy the pack.

  11. #11
    Community Member hermespan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    984

    Default

    Dwarves get -2 CHA

    CHA is important for an intimi pally (Intimidate, pally class abilities and saving throws) Figure that in.

    Balance the saving throw bonus loss against the CON bonus.

    It depends on your play style and build goals. It may just be a wash.

  12. #12
    Hero Nahual's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Guatemala
    Posts
    798

    Default hmm

    Id go with the Human. Because you said intimidate!

    Have +6 intimidate over the ungly dwarve (+5 human skill +1 cha mod) and you can get +1 cha for greater human versatility or whatever the enhancement is called.
    Kasik ~20 Rogue~ Fui 18/2 brb/ftr ~ Emmeryl 20 Clr Hilcias 20 Sorc
    Cool kids play on Mabar!

  13. #13
    Community Member Quikster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Backwards Day in Bikini Bottom
    Posts
    7,252

    Default

    I had my dwarf intimi up to 61. Could of been a little higher as well. I dropped it some to pick up some more hp though, and will drop it more when I get a +3 dex tome for itwf and gtwf.
    Sarlona's #1 Piker!!
    QuiknDirty~Quikster~Quikfire~Quikkilla~Quikinator~ Missquik~Quiktunes~Fatalbert~Bignugly~Quikmeister~ Member of Quantum Entropy!!

  14. #14
    Community Member BattleCircle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,440

    Default

    It depends on what your focus is, and how high you want to get your intimidate.

    This is what I am working on.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload