Page 41 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Failedlegend View Post
    Oh I'm not asking for PnP, I'm suggesting a mix of PnP and the feel of DDO Kobolds...in DDO Kobolds are happy go lucky, adorable little things...they definitely at least need +Cha in some way...their also kinda dumb like really dumb in DDO so definately gonna need some -Int... cramming those two (+Cha/-Int) with the PnP version (+Dex/-Str&Con) I'd say +2Dex/Cha, -2Str/Con/Int would work...32pt enabled of course (maybe drop one of the negs)...they would than get the choice of either +Cha or +Dex in enhancements (like human except +2 and only cha or dex)
    Kobolds on Ebberon are a sort of Dragonkin, aren't they?

In ETK we see Khyber Paragon Kobolds, what about PC Siberys Paragon Kobolds?

The Kobolds in ETK are corrupted by the energies of Khyber, so perhaps PC Kobolds could be Uplifted by the energy of Siberys (possibly as a side effect of all this Dragonshard collecting...)

With that sort of backstory/justification, we reskin PC kobolds slightly (let the art department do some showing off), to make them look more like sleek versions of the Paragon kobolds, and less like scaly rat/kender. Under the influence of Siberys they gain +2 Cha, +2 Wis, -2 Int, -2 Str.

Favored/Racial PrE: Defender of Siberys (existing) or Dragon Disciple (new)

Quote Originally Posted by OkamiKage_GinGetsu View Post
    I do agree that it would look a bit out of sorts, but the Eberron players giude and campaign setting mention that Drow are not originally part of the Eberron ecology and are not indiginous to Eberron. I think they kinda wormholed their way there, probably by accident (there are a lot of things in the Underdark, quantum fluxuations in time/space might be one such thing). Thri-kreen could also happen upon a bridge to another world. Or could be brought here through a summoning spell gone awry. A mispronounced word, or even a mispronounced consonat or vowel, could have harsh repurcussions.
    I think you need to research more on how drow came about on Eberron they didnt come from somewhere else. and Thri-kreen are or were already here.

The drow on Eberron were created there

http://www.bossythecow.com/askthedreamingdark82206.htm

While not offical its close as can be.

In the orignial Eberron book there was no way to get from FR or GH to eberron
    Last edited by Uska; 02-22-2013 at 12:32 AM.

The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

Default Gnomes!

1) Gnomes! They are funny! Also, they make great artificers, wizards (especially illusion based), bards, and rogues (mixed in with spellcasting). What's truly to hate about such an awesome blue bared race! ;-)
    2) Gnomes - see 1!
    3) Gnomes - see 1! ;-)
    Yehediah (Dwarf Cleric), Zeddek (Human Favored Soul)
    Mezros (Drow Bard), Fieris (Drow Wizard)
    Freibo (Halfling Rogue)

I would like to see Dragonborn or Kobold Race.

2015 DDO Players Council Starla70's Avatar

Centaur would be fun!

Founder & Build Synthesis Battlehawke's Avatar

Default races

I don't think we will see any new races until after the enhancement pass. They have too much code to rewrite as it is. Then, we may see a whole lot of new races and classes! I can't wait! Someone should start a thread about familiars and what everyone wants as theirs too. I want a pseudo dragon!
    The Best Server: Gallhanda

Looking for a great guild? Check Out Our Guild: http://www.oldtimersguild.com/vb/forum.php

Looking for some good builds to play? https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...for-Characters

Quote Originally Posted by dunmoore View Post
    I would like to see Dragonborn or Kobold Race.
    HELL NO/YEs

Community Member

I would love to see Gnomes in DDO. They are an original race and would make awesome artificers (er, at least the Dragonlance ones would).

Quote Originally Posted by avery61 View Post
    I would love to see Gnomes in DDO. They are an original race and would make awesome artificers (er, at least the Dragonlance ones would).
    Eberron gnomes arent tinker gnomes (thank goodness)

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Uska View Post
    Eberron gnomes arent tinker gnomes (thank goodness)
    Yes, they aren't your garden variety gnomes...
    Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    as for voice actors I wanted Betty White for Lolth but I got voted down.
    Khyber: Alelric - Wiz 5 (Hero), Arayaleth - Ranger 20 AA (Champion), Altrocks - Cleric 20 Radiant Servant (Champion), Zinnix - Rogue 20 Assassin (Champion)

Community Member

If you could play any D&D themed race in-game, what would it be... and why? Feel free to name your top 3!
    1) True Dragon - The simplest why is because they are cool. While I haven't measured it up with with how many extra abilities stat bonuses and everything else players get I think they could be done in a playable manner without being over powered.
    2) Half-Dragon - Because second best is still better than nothing.
    3) Assimar - Since it could have a little be of something for every one. Good synergy possibilites with several classes in game.

Community Member Son_of_the_South's Avatar

Half Dragons
    Assimars
    Tieflings

Community Member

Pixies or Sprites

For pure arcane power (as in not dragon tainted), albeit mostly sorcery related. Or for rogues who like to do proper rogish jobs, with lots of evasion, trickery and running away (while someone is still alive it is not a wipe), but are not into the fighting thing, tough are able to sneak back and bring the fallen back to a shrine.

Besides, translucent sparkling multicolored wings are always awesome, the dust being a bônus.

Community Member

Default Eberron Races!!!!

Any player character race from the Eberron setting. Changelings, Shifters, and Kalashtar. Goblin would also be interesting.

Community Member

Since you've already introduced PDKs and Sun Elves, the time may be ripe to introduce gnomes and kobolds. Imagine, a kobold monk! MWAHAHAHA! "Kobold remember waterworks... Oh hey cousin! Why you beat me with your fists??!"

I think kobolds are the most popular choice for a new race, and believe Turbine could monetize nicely off of them.

That being said, I think Changelings and Kobolds should be the next races, released simultaneously.

The Changeling racial enhancement tree would include several exclusive toggles to change into other races and perhaps a few humanoid monsters at the top end.

The Kobold racial enhancement tree would include several draconian abilities, like a minor form of dragon breath and SLA's keyed to a specific element, chosen at the first innate in tier 0.

2015 DDO Players Council
    Ravenguard Press

Seeing how there's so much travel between realms now, it would only be appropriate to introduce the Githyanki
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    MuleAxe (Triple Completionist) | MuleSticker | MuleRaptor | MuleFort | MuleParts

We could use about 9 more Iconic over the next 2~4 years.

Put in place Iconic Completionist auto grant feat.

Plenty of room there, along with a few nonIconic races?

The Mad Multiclasser Failedlegend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Certon View Post
    I think kobolds are the most popular choice for a new race, and believe Turbine could monetize nicely off of them.

That being said, I think Changelings and Kobolds should be the next races, released simultaneously.

The Changeling racial enhancement tree would include several exclusive toggles to change into other races and perhaps a few humanoid monsters at the top end.

The Kobold racial enhancement tree would include several draconian abilities, like a minor form of dragon breath and SLA's keyed to a specific element, chosen at the first innate in tier 0.
    Tehre was a count/poll down a while back.

Kobolds obliterated everything else, Gnomes were in a distant second (most wanted tinker gnomes not rock gnomes), Aasimar, Tielflings and some sort of Dragonborne/Half-Dragon/Draconian were so close in votes they may as well be tied for 3rd (I think they were off each by 5ish votes), after that was about 30 different races with 5-10 votes like Sahugin or Bugbears, than a few race with 1 or 2 votes including things like Beholders or Actual fully fledged dragons.

Personally In order I'd like DDO Kobolds, Tinker Gnomes, Lesser Tieflings, Lesser Aasimar

Quote Originally Posted by Artos_Fabril View Post
    Kobolds on Ebberon are a sort of Dragonkin, aren't they?

In ETK we see Khyber Paragon Kobolds, what about PC Siberys Paragon Kobolds?

The Kobolds in ETK are corrupted by the energies of Khyber, so perhaps PC Kobolds could be Uplifted by the energy of Siberys (possibly as a side effect of all this Dragonshard collecting...)

With that sort of backstory/justification, we reskin PC kobolds slightly (let the art department do some showing off), to make them look more like sleek versions of the Paragon kobolds, and less like scaly rat/kender. Under the influence of Siberys they gain +2 Cha, +2 Wis, -2 Int, -2 Str.

Favored/Racial PrE: Defender of Siberys (existing) or Dragon Disciple (new)
    Thats actually a really cool idea...may I ask though why +2 Wis as opposed to Dex? I wouldn't exactly call Kobolds wise but their definitely Charming and dexterous
    Last edited by Failedlegend; 09-06-2013 at 04:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

Out of most games I have played I really enjoyed the races in Wizardry 8 , they had a fantastic selection and each race felt it brought something new to the table. don't get me wrong I LOVE DDO , but after trying every different race I felt that they were too similar for me to favor one in particular. I'm not sure if thats a good or bad thing !

I cant remember the specific names but the were hobbit , gnome , Faerie , Felpur (cat) , Rawolf (wolf) , Lizzardman , Mook (chewbacca!) , dracon.

Utterly brilliant !

Page 41 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243 LastLast