Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 32383940414243 LastLast

Id love to see Aasimar - beautiful race with bonus to wis and cha. Its time to get some good divine race - would be great for clerics, paladins and favored souls. Some light SLAs in race tree would be lovely too . And cha/wis bonuses.

I dislike how Drow are now by far the best race for wizards. No other race is even worth mentioning. I always thought Drow could only take dex enhancements and not cha or int because being able to take the latter two stats would clearly make them too powerful as arcanes. Why did it change?

As far as races I'd like to be introduced, put my vote in for Kalashtar.
    Last edited by SynalonEtuul; 10-01-2013 at 09:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SynalonEtuul View Post
    I dislike how Drow are now by far the best race for wizards. No other race is even worth mentioning. I always thought Drow could only take dex enhancements and not cha or int because being able to take the latter two stats would clearly make them too powerful as arcanes. Why did it change?

As far as races I'd like to be introduced, put my vote in for Kalashtar.
    I actually like it. Bcs before Humans and Helfs and WF were superior.
    WF for arcanes. Humans/helfs for eveyrthing else.
    No point of playing elf, halfling or any other - well no reason to play these than for your own love to that race. Mauybe drow were worthy for players without 32-point builds. But thats it.
    At least right now other races are actually worth taking for some classes.

The Mad Multiclasser Failedlegend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kayla93 View Post
    I actually like it. Bcs before Humans and Helfs and WF were superior.
    WF for arcanes. Humans/helfs for eveyrthing else.
    No point of playing elf, halfling or any other - well no reason to play these than for your own love to that race. Mauybe drow were worthy for players without 32-point builds. But thats it.
    At least right now other races are actually worth taking for some classes.
    Funny cause I never really found a use for H-Elves and Humans I only used if I ABSOLUTELY needed the extra feat...I primarily found Halflings and Dwarves to be my main races. WF are probably best for more survivable Arcanes but to be honest I can't stand playing them with the Stock model if/when Turbine releases a WF Scout Model option (to replace the pointless male/female wf selection) Imight play them more often

Elves on the other I totally agree despite implemented FOUR elven races none of them seem particularly useful beyond making non-ranger AAs (which ranger really shouldn't have access to anyways, being a divine class)

Drows main downside is being limited to 28pt build sure they get extra build pts. compared to others but the only time that useful is in build that need high Dex, Int AND Cha which is very rare...a X-bow Arty18/Paladin2 thats picks up evasion from Shadowdancer would work but yeah very rare.

I personally think it would be cool if the devs set-up subraces...basically so they can do what alot of RPGs do (and what Turbine did for Iconics) release new races that are little more than palette swaps w/ minor cosmetic differences and some variations in the raical tree (note: my hope is this replaces the iconics and anyone who bought Iconics gets Lvl 15 Vet status instead)

A few examples

Humans -> Aasimar, Tieflings, Kalashtar, Genasi
    Warforged -> Bladeforged, Scout, Shardmind
    Elves -> Half-Elves, Sun Elves, Eberron Drow, FR Drow
    Dwarves -> Duergar, Hill Dwarf, Mountain Dwarf

In the character creation menu it would be sorted like the classes are now so selecting human leads you to a list of the human subraces (including human it self) like "Melee" leads to Fighter, Barbarian, Monk and Paladin.

This would allow the devs to put out more races without to much model work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

Community Member BinyaminTsadik's Avatar

The first place thri-kreen were introduced was as a monster in Forgotten Realms. And don't FR and Athas have some type of historic link between the two? Thri-kreen are also present in Eberron so there is no reason why they couldnt be a playable race. Besides, the dev team could always expand the game to include Athas in the future! That would be amazing!
    Instead of complaining that there are no healers, go roll one...

Default Great Choice

Kobold, Aasimar, Robgoblin, Bugbear, Minotaur and Lycanthropes

The Mad Multiclasser Failedlegend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Satrov View Post
    Robgoblin
    Damn Robgoblins always stealing my stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

Community Member

Default please not 4th edition stuff :/

I'd play an Aasimar, that's the race i'd like the most to be added.
    Gnomes are D&D core, please, they need to be here. Better if you use the AD&D rules, more int less wis rather than con and str
    Tieflings are cool.

What about a centaur ? It would be an interesting change. It could also be "ranged focused", some feats or so. Lot of people don't like how ranged works on DDO (it is a problem in 3.5 pnp version as well, even worse).

I love githzerais but i'd rather do not add psionics to ddo.

Having seen the Lizard Folk in the Wheloon pre-quests, I now really really want to have them as a player race.
    Rhakshasas would be awesome, as well as Tiefling Iconics. Alignment is not an excuse, now that you've put turncoat Shadar-Kai races in.
    Minotaurs might be nice, but with H-orcs around, it wouldn't offer much new to the table.
    Lycanthropes definitely. Take the seasons and transform mechanics from Druid, combine it into a single ability, where you automatically turn into a wolf in 10 minute intervals.

In general, I want races that actually make a difference in gameplay and also visually.

Give me more like H-orc and WF.
    Don't give me more like H-elf, and please no Gnomes. We already have Halflings and Dwarves. I don't care what starting stats they have, we don't need more of the exact same just because some people want to go "awww so cute".
    Last edited by TekkenDevil; 11-01-2013 at 10:35 PM.

I listened to Producer Glin's discussion on the most recent DDO Cast and he mentioned three potential new Iconics in addition to the Gnome race. Glin stated that current ideas being considered for Iconics are a Forgotten Realms Drow Elf (Drizzt Do'Urden?), a dwarven battle ranger, and a Harper witch (possibly sorc or druid class). It seems that DDO may eventually have 13 Iconic classes for each actual class which presently exists. Each Iconic release may have 3 Iconics from the Forgotten Realms and 1 Iconic from Eberron until other worlds are added.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by The_Human_Cypher View Post
    I listened to Producer Glin's discussion on the most recent DDO Cast and he mentioned three potential new Iconics in addition to the Gnome race. Glin stated that current ideas being considered for Iconics are a Forgotten Realms Drow Elf (Drizzt Do'Urden?), a dwarven battle ranger, and a Harper witch (possibly sorc or druid class). It seems that DDO may eventually have 13 Iconic classes for each actual class which presently exists. Each Iconic release may have 3 Iconics from the Forgotten Realms and 1 Iconic from Eberron until other worlds are added.
    until other wolrds are added ? Love that :O is that actual info or just a hunch ?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by TekkenDevil View Post
    Having seen the Lizard Folk in the Wheloon pre-quests, I now really really want to have them as a player race.
    Rhakshasas would be awesome, as well as Tiefling Iconics. Alignment is not an excuse, now that you've put turncoat Shadar-Kai races in.
    Minotaurs might be nice, but with H-orcs around, it wouldn't offer much new to the table.
    Lycanthropes definitely. Take the seasons and transform mechanics from Druid, combine it into a single ability, where you automatically turn into a wolf in 10 minute intervals.

In general, I want races that actually make a difference in gameplay and also visually.

Give me more like H-orc and WF.
    Don't give me more like H-elf, and please no Gnomes. We already have Halflings and Dwarves. I don't care what starting stats they have, we don't need more of the exact same just because some people want to go "awww so cute".
    you're right about the gnomes, i still want them though because i'm a AD&D old version freak- but you got a god point.

Quote Originally Posted by harry-pancreas View Post
    until other wolrds are added ? Love that :O is that actual info or just a hunch ?
    I don't think Turbine with stop with just the Eberron and Forgotten Realms campaigns, but I have no concrete information from any of the devs.

I don't see them pricing Gnomes out without someday creating them.

Glin also mentioned Gnomes are something that has been requested from day one,
    and its a core D&D type thing.

Considering Iconic Completionist is mentioned somewhere as a later thing, 13 iconics are quite likely.

Community Member

I don't think Turbine with stop with just the Eberron and Forgotten Realms campaigns, but I have no concrete information from any of the devs.
    thought so. Really hope a planescape pack, though it's forgotten by WotC :/

Thanks for answering

There is a high level dev quote that stated the Hall of Heroes would be open to other worlds someday.
    This implies they intend to create other world.
    Don't have the quote, too much digging to find it.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverleafeon View Post
    There is a high level dev quote that stated the Hall of Heroes would be open to other worlds someday.
    This implies they intend to create other world.
    Don't have the quote, too much digging to find it.
    I already suggested a tie in to Krynn to bring us the race Dragonian

Quote Originally Posted by Failedlegend View Post
    *snip

Dwarves -> Duergar, Hill Dwarf, Mountain Dwarf
    forgot the smelly Gully Dwarf

Community Member

I would love to get an immune to lag race. If possible also make it immune to bugs and money making fever by Turbine/ Warner Bros.

If not, would love to see a Raptoran.

I would be quite happy to see Dungeons and Dragons Races series contributions. The Goliath, Killoren, Spellscale, and my favorite the Illumian. Also I would appreciate a Mystic Theurge Enhancement line. I have been wanting to make one for years now. It does not even have to be competitive, just viable.

Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 32383940414243 LastLast