Page 40 of 43 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243 LastLast

I would have to say just expand on the races we have already.More customization,fix barbie doll helfs etc.hek elminsters beard would be cool on a player lol.
    Whitewolfe of khyber.
    Lot of Orion.
    Chak of almost every server in some form or another.

Community Member

I would say gnomes. lol

Otherwise, I think racial template options in the enhancements system (or a new system) would be a good way to add many new racial options without designing whole races that everyone would consider fair/balanced compared to current races.

Community Member BinyaminTsadik's Avatar

Thri-Kreen

Quote Originally Posted by BinyaminTsadik View Post
    Thri-Kreen
    They're on the completely separate world of Athas whereas every race we have now actually appear on Eberron and Faerun. Why would thri-kreen even be considered? If any races were to be considered I'd like to see half-giants.
    <------Pay no attention to the join date, played pre-launch in EU & moved to U.S. servers.

this thread is from 2009, people.

Quote Originally Posted by Buggss View Post
    They're on the completely separate world of Athas whereas every race we have now actually appear on Eberron and Faerun. Why would thri-kreen even be considered? If any races were to be considered I'd like to see half-giants.
    ahahahahaha

Half-Giants are also on Athas!!

Thri-Kreen History

The thri-kreen race was first introduced to D&D in 1982 by Paul Reiche III for the second set of Monster Cards

The thri-kreen first appeared in first edition AD&D in the original Monster Manual II (1983).

The thri-kreen appeared in second edition AD&D for the Forgotten Realms setting in the Monstrous Compendium Forgotten Realms Appendix (1989), and reprinted in the Monstrous Manual (1993).

The Athasian thri-kreen appeared for the Dark Sun setting in Dragon #173 (September 1991), and Dark Sun Monstrous Compendium Appendix II: Terrors Beyond Tyr (1995).

The thri-kreen was presented as a player character race in Player's Option: Skills & Powers (1995), and for the Dark Sun setting in the Dark Sun Campaign Setting, Expanded and Revised (1995).

The thri-kreen appeared in the third edition Monster Manual II (2002).

The thri-kreen appeared as a player character race in Savage Species (2003), and the Expanded Psionics Handbook (2004)

The Athasian thri-kreen appeared as a player character race for the Dark Sun setting in Dragon #319 (May 2004). The thri-kreen appeared as a player character race for the Forgotten Realms setting in Shining South (2004).
    The thri-kreen appeared as a playable character class in the Complete Psionic (2006).
    The thri-kreen is one of the monsters that appeared in the Monster Manual 3 (2010).

And from the Jidz-Tet'ka

Quote Originally Posted by Jidz-Tet'ka
    Thri-kreen runes carved into these chitin bracers read 'The shell of the seeker of enlightenment'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Player's guide to eberron - page 154
    The insectoid huntersand trackers known as thri-kreen wander the wastes, though
    they are hardly numerous. ... (thri-kreen are detailed in Expanded Psionics Handbook)
    They also appear on page 77

The reason they were not included in eberron as a race was because they were already included in the expanded psionics handbook. The player's guide to eberron just referenced them.
    Last edited by BinyaminTsadik; 02-20-2013 at 08:19 AM.

ahahahahaha

Half-Giants are also on Athas!!

Thri-Kreen History
    Yeah I know, that's why I said if "ANY" races were considered.

Totally bypassed me seeing thri-kreen in FR tbh. I'd imagine they'd be a nightmare when sorting all the attacks they had, not to mention the animations needed.

Quote Originally Posted by psteen1 View Post
    Maybe but an update with no release notes to read means amnesty on necro'ing threads.
    <------Pay no attention to the join date, played pre-launch in EU & moved to U.S. servers.

Quote Originally Posted by psteen1 View Post
    Is it no longer relevant?

Will no new races be released?

Community Member EnjoyTheJourney's Avatar

Doh, missed the necro.

Community Member

Kobold, kobold, and also kobold.

I still remember stumbling upon the first kobold class trainer and feeling him heart skip a beat of anticipation and excitement.

As for why? They're awesome. But moreso to the point, it seems kobolds are already very intermixed with the playable races in the context of Eberron, as well as during various events and what have you. They are the lowest of low fodder but they also appear on the 'other' side quite a lot, once you get out of the Waterworks. It'd finally present an awesome, fully less-humanoid race for DDO, which I feel is something long missing. It's great to play the same old Dwarf/Halfling/Human/Elf in every game since D&D came out, but as 4th ed has shown (and we can see *a lot* of 4th ed influence in the last so many updates of DDO) there is quite a demand for playing races that are less directly human-like, and much more varied, alien, or unusual. It gives us a whole new breadth of roleplay and excitement. Some folks always play humans - but some of us always play as far from humans as we can.

Obviously they are the best choice and in exceptional demand for playability.. Yip yiiip!

And the thread shall rise!

Would love to play a Githyanki (sp?), Orge Magi, Thrikreen

How badass would a LD monk Thri-kreen be
    - Proud co-founder of the Dragonspire Legion -
    Souldout (Completionist Life 2), Diamese(TR), Darkfey, Darkwai(TR), Darkriff, Shayris, Shayrn, Tekron, & more semi-retired mules

The Mad Multiclasser Failedlegend's Avatar

@Losian: Even further is the fact that Kobolds have a special place in DDO far beyond what a PnP Kobold is...even DDO Cast uses Kobolds as their mascots

That said I think kobold stat block (-4 Str +2 Dex -2 Con) should be adjusted for to suit DDO's version of Kobolds..in DDO Kobolds are happy go lucky, adorable little things...they definitely at least need +Cha in some way...their also kinda dumb like really dumb in DDO so definately gonna need some -Int... cramming those two (+Cha/-Int) with the current (+Dex/-Str&Con) I'd say +2Dex/Cha, -2Str/Con/Int would work...32pt enabled of course (maybe drop the -Str)...they would than get the choice of either +Cha or +Dex in enhancements (like human except +2 and only cha or dex)

Some possible special abilities:

Small Size Boni of course
    Back Step (2 second cool down - causes kobold to jump back about 5 feet and procs a diplomacy check)
    Voiced Emotes based on Crystal Cove, Challenges,etc.
    Enhanced Echoes of Power (those kobold shamans NEVER run out of mana)
    Boni to Jump, Diplo & Perform

Any other Ideas?
    Last edited by Failedlegend; 02-21-2013 at 12:04 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

Quote Originally Posted by Failedlegend View Post
    @Losian: Even further is the fact that Kobolds have a special place in DDO far beyond what a PnP Kobold is...even DDO Cast uses Kobolds as their mascots

That said I think kobold stat block (-4 Str +2 Dex -2 Con) should be adjusted for to suit DDO's version of Kobolds..in DDO Kobolds are happy go lucky, adorable little things...they definitely at least need +Cha in some way...their also kinda dumb like really dumb in DDO so definately gonna need some -Int... cramming those two (+Cha/-Int) with the current (+Dex/-Str&Con) I'd say +2Dex/Cha, -2Str/Con/Int would work...32pt enabled of course (maybe drop the -Str)...they would than get the choice of either +Cha or +Dex in enhancements (like human except +2 and only cha or dex)

Back Step (2 second cool down - causes kobold to jump back about 5 feet and procs a diplomacy check)

Any other Ideas?
    How about not talking of your excited man reaction to ambassadors and small people, this game is rated T for teen after all
    - Proud co-founder of the Dragonspire Legion -
    Souldout (Completionist Life 2), Diamese(TR), Darkfey, Darkwai(TR), Darkriff, Shayris, Shayrn, Tekron, & more semi-retired mules

Any other Ideas?
    Special Ability: Wall Stick
    Cooldown: 120 seconds
    Prerequisite: 10 points spent in Jump skill
    Description: Allows the Kobold to jump onto a vertical surface with no apparent ledges and stick to it, as if they were standing on an invisible floor at the same height as their maximum jump height.
    Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    as for voice actors I wanted Betty White for Lolth but I got voted down.
    Khyber: Alelric - Wiz 5 (Hero), Arayaleth - Ranger 20 AA (Champion), Altrocks - Cleric 20 Radiant Servant (Champion), Zinnix - Rogue 20 Assassin (Champion)

Messed around a bit with my ideas while the server was down.

Added kobold to my signature and ddowiki

Quote Originally Posted by Neouni View Post
    Messed around a bit with my ideas while the server was down.

Added kobold to my signature and ddowiki
    I don't want to edit anything without your permission but I request permission to do the following

- Change stats to +2 Cha/Dex, -2Int/Con (based on my earlier post by mixing PnP stat block and Kobold traits unique to DDO) as opposed to the current -2Str

- Pack Mentality: +1% Dodge, Attack/Damage & Movement speed for every other kobold in party

Also the TBD intro would be cool if the community could brainstorm an intro that accents the special traits of DDO Kobolds
    Last edited by Failedlegend; 02-21-2013 at 04:04 PM.
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

I don't want to edit anything without your permission but I request permission to do the following

- Change stats to +2 Cha/Dex, -2Int/Con (based on my earlier post by mixing PnP stat block and Kobold traits unique to DDO) as opposed to the current -2Str

- Pack Mentality: +1% Dodge, Attack/Damage & Movement speed for every other kobold in party

Also the TBD intro would be cool if the community could brainstorm an intro that accents the special traits of DDO Kobolds
    the Reincarnate spell already gives us a good view in what Turbine had planned for kobolds,
    as it seems to be correct for all the other races.

edit:
    and if you want pnp:
    3.5e it's −4 Strength, +2 Dexterity, −2 Constitution.
    4.0e it's +2 Constitution, +2 Dexterity, +2 Stealth, +2 Thievery
    Last edited by Neouni; 02-21-2013 at 06:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Buggss View Post
    I do agree that it would look a bit out of sorts, but the Eberron players giude and campaign setting mention that Drow are not originally part of the Eberron ecology and are not indiginous to Eberron. I think they kinda wormholed their way there, probably by accident (there are a lot of things in the Underdark, quantum fluxuations in time/space might be one such thing). Thri-kreen could also happen upon a bridge to another world. Or could be brought here through a summoning spell gone awry. A mispronounced word, or even a mispronounced consonat or vowel, could have harsh repurcussions.

Quote Originally Posted by Neouni View Post
    the Reincarnate spell already gives us a good view in what Turbine had planned for kobolds,
    as it seems to be correct for all the other races.

edit:
    and if you want pnp:
    3.5e it's −4 Strength, +2 Dexterity, −2 Constitution.
    4.0e it's +2 Constitution, +2 Dexterity, +2 Stealth, +2 Thievery
    Oh I'm not asking for PnP, I'm suggesting a mix of PnP and the feel of DDO Kobolds...in DDO Kobolds are happy go lucky, adorable little things...they definitely at least need +Cha in some way...their also kinda dumb like really dumb in DDO so definately gonna need some -Int... cramming those two (+Cha/-Int) with the PnP version (+Dex/-Str&Con) I'd say +2Dex/Cha, -2Str/Con/Int would work...32pt enabled of course (maybe drop one of the negs)...they would than get the choice of either +Cha or +Dex in enhancements (like human except +2 and only cha or dex)

I would like to see Rakastas brought in. Just because cats are cool. But also because it would introduce a new exotic weapon, Kasas or war claws. Rakastas, of colurse, would either start with proficiency in war claws, or treat them as martial weapons. And, since Rakastas already have claws, maybe they could also have either a higher damage to their unarmed attacks, a bonus to unarmed attacks, or a bonus to crit damage or crit chance. Rakasta monks could even treat Kasas as ki weapons, treating them as being similar to handwraps.
    They could also get a bonus to Str and Dex, penalty to Cha and Wis, and a bonus to any mix of move silently, listen, spot, and jump.

I would also like to see changelings. When shape-shifted to look like an enemy mob, they would not aggro said mob or surrounding mobs until attacking, at which time the "illusion" would drop, and they would go back to looking like themselves. They would also get a bonus to hide and move silently.

Dragon-born would be great. Especially with their breath weapon. Give them feats that let them choose different damage types for their breath weapon, fire, cold, acid, electricity and poison, and let them choose one feat as a first level additional feat. So every DB starts with one BW type and can gain more as they progress. Give them additional feats from the game, such as extend BW, or add additional uses of their BW. Also, the skin and eye color choices would be great, any of the original 10 dragon types, or 15 counting gemstone dragons, and various shades in between.

While we are talking about draconoids, there is also the half dragon, which probably wouldnt differ much from the Dragon-Born, and the Draconians. The draconians would gain no breath weapon, but would have a glide effect due to having wings which would be similar to feather fall, with the duration either lengthening as the Draconian gains higher levels or with feats that extend the duration, as well as feats that would allow additional uses of their glide effect.

Deathless, although a type in the Eberron campaign setting, would make a neat player character.
    I feel that deathless and Half-Dragon, though (especially Deathless), would be more along the lines of something you would only gain through True Reincarnation, with Half-Dragon and Deathless being more like classes that could only be taken by a character after TR and at character creation, but you would not be able to change the characters base race. You would have to choose between changing their base race or choosing Half Dragon or Deathless. That way, you coluld have a character that has all the bonuses of Dragon-Born and their base race. Plus, a dragony looking elf, drow or dwarf would be neat.

Page 40 of 43 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243 LastLast