Page 4 of 43 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Cool Criminals are HOT...Succubus

1)Half-Orc: Cause I already have my name saved! We need a Strength based option.

2)Succubus: Cause Criminals are HOT! (DDO would make a rebound with this alone).

3)Gnome: Need a Intelligence Option. Make great Illusionist.

4)Half-Elf: Would be for all the Tanis fans...

5)Aasimar: Paladins will finally get some love.

6)Tiefling: Rogues will get some love.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghoste View Post
    Warforged Scout - could be wrong, but it seems to me like it would be very easy to implement. All the traits of this race already exist in game between the regular warforged and the halfling races, and it is an ecl=0 race. It would open up some very interesting options for several classes:
    -wizard: the ultimate shadow mage
    -rogue: a great option for mechanics
    -monk: can get slightly higher ac than a halfling monk
    -cleric: been wanting to design a "shadow priest" for some time now
    -sorc x/bard 1: ultimate stealth sorc
    The other classes would of course also benefit from improved stealth and dex, but those are the big options I see right away.
    Done! Ghoste got most of my points in that post.

My favorite races are Halflings and Warforged, so scout would greatly simplify my choices when creating a character.

Warforged Scout (Halfling + Warforged) + Artificer (Rogue + Uber buffing bard) = Awesome (New Pants!)
    ------------------------------------------------------

Yew says, "Don't worry, I have a plan."

Community Member

Can I be a unicorn?

Crucian (humanoid turtle): +4 str, +6 con, -2 dex, -2 cha, +8 ac (shell could provide a Globe of Invulnarbility type feat & perhaps upgrade like docents).

Uldra (frost fey): +2 con, +2wis, -2 str, +2 bonus on knowledge (UMD & Spot skill feats granted?), 3/day Ray of Frost / 1/day touch of fatique (perhaps these two translate into STUNNING BLOW feat).

And last a TBD LARGE or VERY LARGE race: w/ +++CON, --str, --dex, -int, -wis balanced with some fun abilities along the lines of stunning / dizzying / maybe mind-control abilities. Think Half Troll, Half Ogre-mage, or other big, scary, fearsome race. Charisma acts in the sense of awed fear rather then well-liked.
    Last edited by Uproar; 05-14-2009 at 01:26 PM.
    Thelanis*: Mohroh, WF F10 /Bb3 /Ro2|7 Oohnoh, WF Ro8|12 /Bb3|4 Lohkoh, H F2|12 /R5|6 /Ro2
    Argo*: Dohjoh, Drow M7|11 /Ro2|3 /R6 Rohboh, WF Ro6|14 /B2|6 Lohkoh, WF R6|12 /W2|7 /Ro1
    External: Rock, Guild of the Zodiac (GOTZ)_________________* only characters freq. played

C'mon Tot its something. Someone is trying anyway.

Wish we could direct some of this into live micro-events but hey, its something.

Default Something Different

1. Ahoggya (EPT)
    2. Shape Shifters
    3. Any non-humanoid (Reptile, Insectiod)

If your not up to that, how about
    4. A 35 point build

Or
    5. Orc (why half?)
    Thelanis: Remember Honor
    Of Truth, For Truth: Blackmass, Bortz, Farkrie, Slipnot, Razoredge, Axram, Vendetta, Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    If you could play any D&D themed race in-game, what would it be... and why? Feel free to name your top 3!
    Gnome, because I love their culture (and I have wanted to play a gnome artificer).
    Kalashtar because I love their concept (and psionics are cool).
    Kobolds because they are almost cute (and who doesn't want to be the chiuaua of dragons?)
    For the latest DDO info how, where, and when you want it...
    DDO Reports: DDO. News. Now.
    For instant updates (even on your mobile device), follow DDO Reports on Twitter.

Default Half-orc

1. HALF-ORC "Tovar Crush"
    2. HALF-ORC "Tovar Kill"
    3. HALF-ORC "Tovar Happy"
    Galinar/Daltan/Thurm//Brootis\Kelthon/Vethon//Tovarr
    /Officer of D.W.A.T.

1. Minotaur A female with a daisy by her ear.

2. Half Elf I would be able to create Raina my bard

3. Gnomes Just please give them a better run look then halflings.

Community Member

Hmmm, first race that comes to mind that I want to play is a Kender. After that, I'd have to say that I want to play a Doppelganger and probably a Githzerai

I would like to play any of the races already in game in mod 9. What are the odds we'll see that one any time soon?
    I've got my affairs in order for the coming zombie apocalypse, do you?

Hobgoblin - I actually think that this would satisfy many of the half-orc desires/cravings in that it is a tough +str race, but it is also more Eberron specific in that we run into lots of hobgoblins - but not that many half-orcs.

Sprite - because a race with a native fly mode would be cool and I'm tired of playing mario twitch DnD - but fly probably changes everything far too much.

Shifters are very ebberon specific and are somewhat a bunch of races as one with different enchancements/feats.

minotaurs, my favorite character ever as a dm was the tempest minotaur that kicked my parties ass the 3 times they fought him.

Also GNOOOOMMMEZ!
    Arannel, Aqueous, Cocobolo, Arboreous, Erudirion, Congruous, and Cogs
    Ghallanda Rerolled

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    [CENTER]Welcome to Tell The Team!

For the non-lore centric, let's try a question that's a little more general (but always important):

If you could play any D&D themed race in-game, what would it be... and why? Feel free to name your top 3!
    I know this isn't really non-lore centric; but for me, if I could I would play the below 3 races:

All are eberron specific though:

1 - Shifters

2 - Kalashtar

3 - Half orc

As for the why:

- Shifters are descended from lycanthropes and have varying abilities depending on some factors: Such as increased strength, durability and speed.

- Kalashtar are descended from humans / quori spirits that were merged when each had they're homeland threatened from a common threat. The Kalashtar have powers that consist of psionics and interesting toy's such as psi gems (created from dragon shards etc...).

- Half Orc's since they have a rich back story in eberron: at least their ancestors do; for instance lost their homeland to non monsterous races such as humans etc... but reclaimed a portion of territory during the great war (located south of the border of what was once cyre if I remember correctly). Half orc's of course would have increased strength / con etc...

Anyway's those are the 3 races I'd love to play in actual pnp or in a game etc...

Gnomes: Simply because I want to refer to all my pets as “Francis”
    Half Elves: Simply because I want to challenge the Turbine employees to crack open the “Races of …” books for the enhancements
    Shifters: Just because it would be awesome to listen to all the bellyaching whiny little B****es on the DDO forums complain about the ranger master race.
    Last edited by QuantumFX; 06-08-2009 at 05:09 PM.
    Things worthy of Standing Stone going EXTREME PREJUDICE™ on.:
    • NEW - Fix the flipping non-proficiency penalties for wildshape!
    • Redo the Favor rewards so there is a reason to do max favor again.
    • Redoing the drop rates of tomes in generic and raid loot tables.
    • Task Lynnabel with updating the remaining legacy named loot to not suck.
    • Tiering the Runearms so that artificers aren’t screwed out of the advantages of Cannith Crafting in Epic levels on their signature item.
    • Finishing the enhancement tree passes (including racial PrE’s) before rolling out yet another DDOStore™ Enhancement Tree.

Community Member

Gnomes, fine; Half-Orcs, fine; Half-Elves, yes; Warforged, get rid of; traditional monsters, no; Tieflings and Aasimar, no.

Half elves. On Eberron this could take a split creation path. What differences would the elven parentage bring to the character? Since there are differences in Drow vs non Drow Elves, it follows there would be a difference in the mix of genes and culture.

I don't see why Half Elves/Drow weren't available as a racial choice from the beginning, Eberron or not. I for one, would really be happy to see them here.

DDO Official Troubadour Taurnish's Avatar

Lightbulb Races

First of all, I played Greyhawk and a little Forgotten Realms in PnP so I don't know much Eberron lore. Thus, I will stick with races I played in PnP or of which I have some knowledge. I do enjoy playing the races in place currently and have enjoyed the warforged much more than I initially thought (my first WF character was in DDO not PnP).

1. Gnomes...leads us to illusionists/wizards and they make good rogues/assasins as well, they are a mainly intel based race
    2. Half-elves...easy to implement and give a mixture of benefits as in PnP
    3. Half-orcs....they would have a similar stigma as the warforged in that they try to fit in society in their own way and they would allow a strength based race as well.

I will not comment about Kalashtar and other races which I have not played in PnP. I hope this thread is seriously considered by the Devs.
    Proud officer of Truth Seekers and Windscar Elite on Argonessen! Too many alts to list. Lorrtusk, TheLorr, Soulmachine, Batonrouge, Jimmyhendrix, Jimipage, Ironzealot, Lorrsane, Taurnish, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghirmeshk View Post
    I personally would vote for Goblins driving my cars. They are smaller, more fuell efficient and cheaper to replace.

On a serious note:
    Shifters would be awesome but hard to implement probably, as would changelings. However, Genasi would be cool b/c of elemental affinities. That would be a neat twist.
    I always thought shifters would be easy. They are essentially humans, so the same body models and animations could be used. The "shift" is basically like rage is for barbs except that depending on the type of animal you choose, it changes a different stat. They change very little while "shifted", so they only new tech they really need would be a few different facial morphs. Of course the combat guys would have to account for the natural weapon bit, but there is very little in the way of expensive animations.

Quote Originally Posted by Skaves View Post
    Done! Ghoste got most of my points in that post.

My favorite races are Halflings and Warforged, so scout would greatly simplify my choices when creating a character.

Warforged Scout (Halfling + Warforged) + Artificer (Rogue + Uber buffing bard) = Awesome (New Pants!)
    Man ... now I want a WF scout artificer!!

So Im going with:
    Shifter
    WF Scout
    Tiefling (I just want a character with horns and glowy eyes really).
    Quote Originally Posted by EULA
    As part of your Game experience, you can input language and upload content to our Servers in various forms ... (collectively, the "Content"). Content created by you must not: ... (f) restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Game.
    See, even the EULA says its a game and supposed to be fun. EvilDuckie-DuckieBot

Page 4 of 43 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast