Page 21 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AscendantMadness View Post
    Playable races I would like to see:

Half-Dragons - they would make interesting favored souls since they would have the winged appearance at higher levels. The race would also fit the story base of Eberron being that there are many Agents of Argonessen in humanoid form AND we can already have Dragonmarks.

Half-Elves - Balance, balance... and a bit of nuance could be added to several classes. Totally fits the mythos as well, what with all the races sharing a city.

Githzerai - we've seen plenty of pirates and not too few Illithid so this race being descendant from former slaves of Mind Flayers makes perfect sense, especially as the good/neutral counterpart to all those evil pirates! Also, there really isn't a race that is truly geared towards a caster... the Drow come close but still lack a bit of specialization, even though they give up Con for more caster friendly stats they don't have a SINGLE stat focus. The Gith could also help to introduce psionics into the world of Eberron, since they doubtlessly learned some inkling of mind control from their generations in captivity to Illithid slavers.
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________________
    Enemy races:

Myconids - there are mushrooms everywhere already whom I imagine are tired of being plucked! It would also open up viable story arc to the underdark and backstory for the Drow and the Dragonmark of Death. They also have cool ecology and poisonous effects that could be reminiscent of the quest Delirium. Oh and two words - Plant Bane.

Vegepygmy (Mold Men) - obviously ties to the Myconid could be drawn They would also provide some use for those Dream Edges that have been dropping that have Plant Bane as an effect.

Mongrelmen - Well gee whiz with all the races wandering around the continent already, why wouldn't there be strange mixed-breed guys and gals abound? With the evil that presides they could even be leftovers from some bizzarre experiments performed by a colleague of Mentau, the Fleshmaker (who's name incidentally rings of Mentos, the Fresh-maker). You could name the perp. Pastemtoe the Joygiver after the doctor that successfully gave the first couple an in vitro baby. (Dr.Patrick Steptoe "made" Louise Joy Brown - born June of '78 - for her parents). It's not that I would say fertility treatment is evil, that just fits the story already laid down surrounding Mentau (and his daughter?).

One prob with Half-Dragons. In Eberron canon the last one was Vol, and that didn't end well. The Dragons of Argonessan actively police any rumour of Half-Dragons.
    There is an "Alternate" Forum, PM Strakeln for details.
    Arkats Padawan of Zen Noobility
    Wielder of the Stiffler Salute
    Eberron Lore - Lore-Keepers Lounge

1 - Kobolds
    2 - Kobolds
    3 - Kobolds

1 - Half-elves - Why? Why not? They're a classic and integral part of DnD since AD&D. They can probably be easily made by tweaking a human character model instead of starting from scratch. And they can use many of the racial enhancements for both human and elf races, rather than require a unique design. Same stat spread as a Human.

2 - Kobolds - Why? Kobolds are everywhere, and obviously not all "evil" or unwelcome given the fact that many stand around Stormreach in plain sight (with several acting as trainers). It would give us a unique race that isn't either a human or human looking besides Warforged. IIRC, by the SRD they have +1 Natural Armor, as well as the small size bonus like the Halflings get. You already have models made, so some of the work is done. -4 STR, -2 CON, +2 DEX. Would probably have to be adjusted, as right now this would be too weak to be considered by anyone other than people desperately wanting to be a Kobold. http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/kobold.htm

3 - Half-giants - Why? Giants figure into Eberron lore heavily. A half-giant is not a stretch (and was used in the old Darksun games quite well). Getting them balanced may be a chore. +2 STR, +2 CON, -2 DEX by SRD. Maybe reskinning the WF model will work, preventing a need for a entirely new model. http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/mo.../halfGiant.htm

Community Member

Default My apologies for not knowing the campaign setting of Ebberon

For me, I'd like to see as any possible new race additions, hmmmm.... so many to choose from. My back ground is strictly from the computer gaming side particulary dealing with Forgotten Realms (starting with BG2; SoA, and then NWN). Therefore:
    I always thought the lycanthrope character from BG2- the druid, he was a good one. It was almost like having two characters in one, with different stat scores.
    So:
    1.) a shape-shifter - mad props to the guy who brought up dragon magazine, I remember an old old issue that contained a creature write-up about weir-CATS (not lions, and tigers mind you feline domesticus), that I believe were called tibbets or something like that, with mad high dexterity and almost no hit points. So shapeshifters could pose a plethura of options for players even though an enormous amount of design time for our designers.

2.) possibly a vampire, I know that there are probably a million games out there now that have them but I think considering the fact that we have been presented with items for their destruction in the game already I think that would add to the uniqueness of them, stats and feats that make them cool/powerful, but also with significant vunerabilities, like trolls and acid.

3.) I don't know sorry the thread got me so interested I didn't really put a lot of thought into whatever else, my main point for posting is though that finding out or knowing the differences from other races is what I feel would make these others I've suggest so fun to play and where as probably difficult (or hopefully so) for like new players as myself, more fun for the guys who have already ran up dozens of level twenty characters with the already available races. My only wish is to have different options. I had an awesome Half-Orc Barbarian character on NWN, and I worry that these characters will almost too closely resemble the stats bonuses found with the War-Forged, like I see some similarities with gnomes in BG and their stats abilities as have already been utilized with drow. I mean, sure I myself pretty much, designed my dwarven character with what regard I could to duergar, but I don't think wrapping up an already written package for one type of character race into different colors and calling it another character race would add to the value of the game. I'd rather leave things as they are without the new editions. Sorry to step on some toes with my Noob ideas, and please disregard if these creations are already in the process of being made, I love what you guys have done with this generation of the D&D franchise. One more thing, (boy, some people are really gonna start hating me now) with the addition of new character races please don't make characters that are all but unbeatable in the top end of their character progression, I felt like the half-dragons of NWN (the characters with breath-weapons, wings and so on) came close to this in that in that game. I mean as I stated early, for say, if you would make a vampire with lots of really good powerful perks, make their susceptability to their vunerabilities equally as powerful. Difficulty is what makes the game fun and keeps level one characters from being so indestructable it compromises that fun, I mean if a vampire is almost indestructable why won't every one choose to be one, and why won't their strenghths as a race already made them dominant upon Eberron. Sorry again for being "that guy", guys and once again awesome job in the creation of the game.

Community Member

Ooozes and Slimes

/did not read all the thread
    //doubt turbine will either....its friggen HUGE

Community Member

Default uhh one more thing

OK sorry I've not given up yet on the thread but:

-yuan-ti would be cool I saw where someone suggested this
    -or how bout for consideration, efreeti (aren't these those tiger-headed type of anti-genasi who are strong in magic?)
    -and what about centaurs, and/or the lion headed type of centaurs (manitcores?), the ones from the forgotten realms books of Harule. Its been so long since I've read those books I apologize for the errors in what the actual names are. But if you made a centaur make buying the availabity of the race like twenty dollars to keep it from becoming rapant and then just limit their class availability to like melee fighters or something.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lorz View Post
    Ooozes and Slimes

/did not read all the thread
    //doubt turbine will either....its friggen HUGE
    yea I know I went off on a tangent

Community Member

I would like to play as a undead lich king

or

illithids

Answers marked with *
    Quote Originally Posted by KDC323 View Post
    OK sorry I've not given up yet on the thread but:-or how bout for consideration, efreeti (aren't these those tiger-headed type of anti-genasi who are strong in magic?)*Those would be Rakshasa - it would be an impossibility Campaign world wise to include Rakshasa, as hey were banished from the world back during thee Age of Demons* -and what about centaurs, and/or the lion headed type of centaurs (manitcores?),* Manticores are a monster, animal equivalant intelligence *
    There is an "Alternate" Forum, PM Strakeln for details.
    Arkats Padawan of Zen Noobility
    Wielder of the Stiffler Salute
    Eberron Lore - Lore-Keepers Lounge

Community Member Bladecutter563's Avatar

-Rakshasa. I wanna be a catgirl. ;_;

-Kobolds. I played a Kobold in a Neverwinter Nights server once; It was fairly interesting. Save that I was killed by power-starved Drow players every five seconds. Always keepin' a Kobold down.

-Gnomes. Gnomes are awesome.

Now I know you said top three, but I have to list more!

Fire/Air/Water/Earth Genasi, Goliath, Eladrin, Nymphs (To go with Druid?), Half-Elves/Drow... Etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Kistilan View Post
    I would play tieflings, aasimar and half-elves.

My reasoning: Because they fit within the Planar Ecology of Eberron (sorry, my beloved kender, irda and Taladian minotaurs must wait their turn for a Dragonlance server).

Aasimar are a very innately-good race due to their celestial bloodlines and lineage.
    Tieflings are a very innately-evil or neutral race due to their demonic bloodlines and lineage.

They both represent the Dragon Above and Dragon Below as well as the continuing conflict with the Shavarath. They are natural insertions to the planar travel that is aloof with mod9 and beyond (if we see this come to pass).

Half-elves are a missing race when you have drow, elves and humans. They offer another option and will grant varied enhancements or mixing & matching of their ancestories. I would really like the option to play a half-elf druid.

I vote what he said.
    “If at first you don't succeed, keep on sucking till you do succeed.”

Default Don't know if these were posted already...

1. Irda
    2. Half-ogre
    2. Sea Elf (Marine Elf?)
    PST anytime for help on Sarlona: Fortune (20), Prosperity (20), Indignity (20), Paramount (20), Lucki (20), Acidophilus (20), Fortunatus (15), Dishonor (20), Fourtune (15), Tutto (15), Malfortune (12), Fortuity (11), Tragedy (11), Kolossus (10), Honorius (9), Ingenuity (6), Misfortune (8)....

Smurfs

Ok I will settle for Gnomes.
    My real forum Join date is July 2007. Maybe one day someone will develop the awsome technology to fix this currently unfixable bug.

/ Smurfs
    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    No one that throws together a bunch of numbers and calls it fact is going to give you and real accurate answer, there's too many variables and it's all biased towards there own personal outlooks on how it should be, not how it is. Numbers are too easy to manipulate.
    So sad but true.

1. TROLLS!! (If there's some half troll type race or toned down version of a troll that would actually make a playable race it would be fun.)

2. Catfolk

3. Any 1/2 race OTHER than Elves! (Unless it's dwarf/elf instead of human/elf)
    Last edited by Scalion; 05-17-2010 at 09:24 AM.

Community Member

My race thoughts (in the order I typed them).

Gnolls. Already in the game with a few different weapon and caster animations. I know there's a lot more than that, but it's a start. At least the windslashers all seem to be part archer, so ranger favoritism (like elves) but with a racial sniper PrE.

Kobold. Similar to gnolls, basics are present but would need significant expansion. Being mobile and annoying, maybe acrobat as a racial PrE with general rogue favoritism.

Eladrin. Aside from that odd glowing orb/whirlwind ability they all seem to have, these look just like elves. I'd like the idea of a racial paladin PrE, but I'm not sure how to make that class independant unless you give them a racial turn undead/smite evil to start from. Maybe give them the smite and turn as compensation for a lack of alternate forms, like how rangers get both weapon paths but no companion.

I could come up with more, but since I just fought these recently they came to mind first.

Community Member CrushingInklings's Avatar

I'm cool with playing anything BUT a Mohawk Night Elf. Just sayin.....

Trying to invent the universe so I can make a freakin' apple pie from scratch..

How about any of the races already in the game?

- Kobold
    - Minotaur
    - Troll
    - Djinn
    - Bugbear
    - Rakshasa perhaps?

The list goes on... I'd play any of these.
    Last edited by systemstate; 05-18-2010 at 11:51 AM.
    Have a nice day!

Good Dragon.
    Evil Dragon.
    Dragonborn.
    Characters - Brion, Damerchant, Deathbot, Goode-, Minusten, Sepiriz, Spiritstrike, Stee, Steilh, Vorpaal, Wyllye, Yaga, Yagalicious, Yga. RIP - Catpizzle and Qazpe
    Beware My Gifts!!!

As we're in the Eberron world, I'm on the Kalashtar bandwagon.
    -They seem to be a logical addition in the future do to all the Quori missions we've dealt with lately.
    I've just always liked the concept behind them. The fact that they are bonded with beneficial Quori spirits across their lineage was a cool idea to me. Especially fun with the Psionics angle.

I think it would also be cool if we had access to the other types of Warforged.
    -The Warforged Scouts are smaller, halfling sized WF that are highly agile. (They are the most suited of any alternate WF types for addition to Eberron as they don't have the low intel penalties of their other, larger counterparts.)
    -The Warforged Chargers are larger, more monstrous WF built solely for battle. Low intel, high strength and endurance. Most look more like Gorillas, Ogres, Trolls, Bugbears, etc. Large and furious. (Graphically, they could be awesome)

Edit: after reading some of the other replies. I have to admit. I also like the ideas of Lycanthropes. Though an alternate version of it could be added where, like the dragonmarks that don't open until you do the mission the first time, you do a mission to gain a feat-tree that allows you to become a were-beast. 8)
    Last edited by Skirmish; 05-18-2010 at 12:18 PM.

Page 21 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast