Page 15 of 43 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
    A mobile construct citadel in the Mournland where I plot fleshling death.

Quote Originally Posted by Mjesko View Post
    I would like to see the following races in DDO:

- Warforged Scout (Small, Dex + 2, Str - 2, Cha - 2, Enhancements based on Warforged and Halfling)
    - Warforged Charger (Medium, Str + 2, Con + 2, Int - 2, Wis - 2, Cha - 2, Enhancements based on Warforged and Dwarf, 28 point build only as Drow)

I think DDO needs more Warforged to create more diversity between the races and to make things like Docents and Repair spells more common. A Mass Reconstruct spell should be added to arcane casters and divine casters should have an enhancement to improve the healing effect on Warforged.
    +1 rep

Would give more if I could.
    My Videos Shadow Mage (ok, it's a build now)
    A forum post should be like a skirt - long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
    Britches and Hose kidnapped my dog and are forcing him to farm Shroud ingredients.

- Warforged Scout (Small, Dex + 2, Str - 2, Cha - 2, Enhancements based on Warforged and Halfling)
    - Warforged Charger (Medium, Str + 2, Con + 2, Int - 2, Wis - 2, Cha - 2, Enhancements based on Warforged and Dwarf, 28 point build only as Drow)

I think DDO needs more Warforged to create more diversity between the races and to make things like Docents and Repair spells more common. A Mass Reconstruct spell should be added to arcane casters and divine casters should have an enhancement to improve the healing effect on Warforged.
    Agreed
    Server: Ghallanda
    Characters: Wigs (FvS) / Wigz (Acrobat/Ninja)
    Guild: Ravensguard

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

Sounds good to me and I'll back ghoste up and give you +1 myself.

Beware the Sleepeater

Gnomes
    Kalishtar
    Shifters
    half-orc
    changelings

All 5 have a good place in Eberron. They are all DnD races, and by lore have a place in this setting. As do Psions and Druids.
    Last edited by Forbbidenone; 12-31-2009 at 11:03 AM.
    Know that to someone somewhere you are the biggest fool.
    Another calls you the wisest of the wise.
    But most just do not care what you have to say.
    Little bit of common sense might actually spring forth from the most unexpected of wells.

For the record though, your version of the charger is quite a bit off of the actual PnP charger. But I wouldn't complain if turbine gave us a toned down version that wouldn't need any level adjustments (similar to what they've done with the drow).
    A forum post should be like a skirt - long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
    Britches and Hose kidnapped my dog and are forcing him to farm Shroud ingredients.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ghoste View Post
    For the record though, your version of the charger is quite a bit off of the actual PnP charger. But I wouldn't complain if turbine gave us a toned down version that wouldn't need any level adjustments (similar to what they've done with the drow).
    Hehe yes i know, but i think + 10 Str and + 10 Con is a bit too much

The Mad Multiclasser Failedlegend's Avatar

OK I got really bored so I decided to run through all 15 pages and create a tally and this is what the standings are currently at.

Half-Orc - 74
    Gnomes - 73
    Tieflings - 53
    Shifters - 50
    Aasimar - 49
    Changeling - 47
    Kalashtar - 39
    Kobold - 37
    Half-Elf - 36
    Dragonborne - 30
    Goblin - 19
    Thri-Keen - 12
    Catfolk/Taurs - 12
    Genasi - 11
    Minotaur - 9
    Goliath - 7
    Half-Ogre - 6
    Half-Giant - 5
    Kenku - 5
    Lizard Men - 4
    Hobgoblin - 3
    Centaurs - 2
    YuanTi - 2
    Githzerai - 2
    Hobgoblin - 2
    Derini - 1
    Sendasti - 1
    Risen Demon - 1
    Crucian - 1
    Sprite - 1
    Tann'ari - 1
    Tsa - 1
    Spiritfolk - 1
    Etttin - 1
    Illuman - 1
    Shadowsyft - 1
    Ratfolk - 1
    Daelkyr - 1
    Dromite - 1
    Modron - 1
    Ghaeles - 1
    Damphyr - 1
    Pixie - 1

Note: I discluded things like sharks, beholders, oozes, elementals,undead,broccoli,etc

Note2:I don't know what half these races are but their there anyway because someone voted for em' so if some of these dont actually exist please inform me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

Default My 3 cents

In keeping with the Eberron ecology and the limitations of DDO (i.e. no psionics) I think the three that stand out as most absent:

1. Gnomes: Mark of scribing, would be even better with artificer class (or PRE?)
    2. Half-Elves: Mark of Storm, again very integral to Eberron.
    3. Shifters: Very fun with tons of versatility, shifting is essentiall just a short term buff.

Also, my personal choice for the race I'd most like to see, just because they'd be fun (and I think players would love them)
    A. Half-Orc: Mark of Finding, integral to Eberron, fun for newbies and vets depending on build.
    The Old Timers Guild
    "Laid back, not so serious, no drama. All about the fun!" www.oldtimersguild.com
    >> Open to the Public! <<

No Duergar mentioned, huh. They have Drow, why not have Duergar? I would also love to see Gnomes in the game as well as Half Elves. Half Orc would be pretty good as well, but until they implement new races there are some classes they need to bring in to....

DRUIDS!!!!!
    When I told them I wanted to be a comedian, they all laughed at me, but I showed them. I became a comedian, no one is laughing now.

#1) Half-Orc
    #2) Assamar
    #3) Tiefling
    #4) Shifter

All 4 races I would like to see in the game are well-rounded and have lore from the Ebberon source books. More races = more character options.

Of course, I'd like to see Druids in the game as well *grin*
    Fullmental Lobotomy: Warforged 2Rog/18Wiz Catharxis: Drow 10Ranger/2Rog | Knobstomper: Dwarf 4Bard/2Rog/2Ftr
    Meatjob: Warforged 5 FvS | Tronjeremy: HOrc 4 Monk

Quote Originally Posted by Failedlegend View Post
    OK I got really bored so I decided to run through all 15 pages and create a tally and this is what the standings are currently at.
    So...you're not even going to count warforged scouts?!

So...you're not even going to count warforged scouts?!
    Nope i ignored all races we already have...some people even voted to have halflings (not even a subrace just um...halflings) included...same reason i didn't include dueregar or deep gnomes or gully dwarfs we already have them why are people voting for them....I chalked it up to people joking around (or have yet to actually play) as I did with the votes for sharks or oozes but aside from duplicates or current races, non-existant races or non-PC races all are included (and some ive never heard so I added anyway just in case).
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

Community Member

Nope i ignored all races we already have...some people even voted to have halflings (not even a subrace just um...halflings) included...same reason i didn't include dueregar or deep gnomes or gully dwarfs we already have them why are people voting for them....I chalked it up to people joking around (or have yet to actually play) as I did with the votes for sharks or oozes but aside from duplicates or current races, non-existant races or non-PC races all are included (and some ive never heard so I added anyway just in case).
    Hmmm, but Warforged Scouts / Chargers are a different race and fit into the Eberron world. We have already Drows in DDO and they are a different race, too.

The Warforged Scouts could have an enhancement line to improve the attack and damage of repeating crossbows and the Warforged Chargers could haven an enhancement line to improve the attack and damage of warhammers and mauls.
    Last edited by Mjesko; 12-30-2009 at 05:13 AM.

Community Member

Gnomes
    - nice illusionists

Warforged Scout
    (+2 Dex -2 Str -2 Wis -2 Cha)
    http://artproject.pbworks.com/WarforgedRace
    Last edited by Favis; 12-31-2009 at 12:10 PM.

Community Member

warforged scouts
    Hmmm, but Warforged Scouts / Chargers are a different race and fit into the Eberron world. We have already Drows in DDO and they are a different race, too.

The Warforged Scouts could have an enhancement line to improve the attack and damage of repeating crossbows and the Warforged Chargers could haven an enhancement line to improve the attack and damage of warhammers and mauls.
    warforged scouts are they a subrace of Warforged?

#1 - Half Orc
    #2 - Shifter
    #3 - Half Giant

All are important to the lore of Eberron. Half giants specifically in Xen'drick. I'm enamored with druids and rangers, and Half Orcs and Shifters (specifically Shadow March and Eldeen Reach) are the quintessential races for those classes on Eberron.

Half Giants blend well with the psionic aspect of the game currently being introduced, and their connection to Dal Quor.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkat View Post
    Aasimar - They'd make very nice Paladins and GREAT Favored Souls.
    They make good Lhazzaran pirates as well

Quote Originally Posted by Ghirmeshk View Post
    Goliaths are fun & would be even more fun in a mountainy setting. I have not seen them in Eberron material, but they would be cool nonetheless and as tall as the WF.
    They are definitely in the Eberron source material, specifically the Xen'drick source material.

Quote Originally Posted by Arianrhod View Post
    Miscellaneous -
    Anything but Half-dragons, cause they just don't belong in Eberron
    Though they are hunted mercilessly by Dragons, they certainly have a place on Eberron (though rare).
    Last edited by rpasell; 12-30-2009 at 08:00 AM.
    “Logic is the anatomy of thought” Locke

Tyaen - Cleric 20
    Ghallanda

Half-Orc - 74
    Gnomes - 73
    Tieflings - 53
    Shifters - 50
    Aasimar - 49
    Changeling - 47
    Kalashtar - 39
    Kobold - 37
    Half-Elf - 36
    Dragonborne - 30
    Goblin - 19
    Thri-Keen - 12
    Catfolk/Taurs - 12
    Genasi - 11
    Minotaur - 9
    Goliath - 7
    Half-Ogre - 6
    Half-Giant - 5
    Kenku - 5
    Lizard Men - 4
    Hobgoblin - 3
    Centaurs - 2
    YuanTi - 2
    Githzerai - 2
    Hobgoblin - 2
    Derini - 1
    Sendasti - 1
    Risen Demon - 1
    Crucian - 1
    Sprite - 1
    Tann'ari - 1
    Tsa - 1
    Spiritfolk - 1
    Etttin - 1
    Illuman - 1
    Shadowsyft - 1
    Ratfolk - 1
    Daelkyr - 1
    Dromite - 1
    Modron - 1
    Ghaeles - 1
    Damphyr - 1
    Pixie - 1

Note: I discluded things like sharks, beholders, oozes, elementals,undead,broccoli,etc

Note2:I don't know what half these races are but their there anyway because someone voted for em' so if some of these dont actually exist please inform me.
    where is wemic and Rakshasa that i vote on page 6?

Quote Originally Posted by dimster28 View Post
    where is wemic and Rakshasa that i vote on page 6?
    oh it only got one vote so I lumped them in with catfolk...the other 1s didn't fit with others or I didnt know the race so I just left them.

no their not their WF we already have warforged...just like we already have dwarves,elves,halflings,etc. yet people keep voting for them for some reason but if you want when i get time ill tally the dwarf,wf , elf,etc. votes...sorry I seriously thought you guys were joking.
    Last edited by Failedlegend; 12-30-2009 at 10:23 AM.

no their not their WF we already have warforged...just like we already have dwarves,elves,halflings,etc. yet people keep voting for them for some reason but if you want when i get time ill tally the dwarf,wf , elf,etc. votes...sorry I seriously thought you guys were joking.
    I'm confused by your response. WF Scout, Charger, Titan, are races not classes.
    “Logic is the anatomy of thought” Locke

Tyaen - Cleric 20
    Ghallanda

Quote Originally Posted by rpasell View Post
    I'm confused by your response. WF Scout, Charger, Titan, are races not classes.
    and im confused by by your response...no one said classes

Page 15 of 43 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast