Page 14 of 43 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Default hello

if i was going to choose a race (3) i would ahve to chose in order of my faves

Half-Dragons
    Its my Faverite Race of all Time and you can choose the color mine was always Blue or Red
    I would pay like 30$ bucks just to play one
    Dragonborn ok i love dragons these guys are also Awesome very cool and meant for a fighter

Changling Couse they would make for a cool class and perfect for wizards not to mention that if the player is bored you chang into a human or drow just for fun

Aasimars, tieflings, dragonborn, shifters, kobolds, pixies.

Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    *Handwraps. Yes we know. Here is my known issue for handwraps. Hand wraps in assorted flavors are borked.

Trolls....we dont need no stinkin clerics!------> ...fire?....FIRE! RUN AWAY!!!
    Last edited by storm357; 12-07-2009 at 01:14 AM.

Besides human, heh, i'm always hoping for gnomes. There was just something about them, their lore and art in the Eberron books that i liked. I'm not sure about the difference between 3.5 and 4.0 gnomes, but i also like how they are nothing like the WoW gnomes, less childlike and goofy.

Dragonborn could be fun too, with their connection to the Draconic Prophecy of Eberron.

The Mad Multiclasser Failedlegend's Avatar

Hmmm...lets see

Half Orcs - We have a serious lack of green skins & we lack a +Str Race

Aasimar (and other PT) - I always loved the concept of the Planetouched races...that and Paladins are lacking any Race synergy currently

Gnomes/Goblins - not sure if they belong in Ebberon (being their technology based) but this crazy guys tend t make cool things (at least the ones that don't explode)

Dragonborne - Pah jump skill rating I can FLY :P

Thri-kheen - An Insectoid race would be awesome and definitely stand out

Changelings - Not really sure if their abilities are possible to put in-game but they would be awesome

Catfolk - Natural weapons are always fun

If I had to choose 3 (in order) they would be

1.Aasimar
    2.Half-Orc (or other ME SMASH!!! race like Half-Ogre)
    3.Thri-Keen

Note: Unlike PnP we don't have 100s of races in DDO we only have 6 and there's no room for off-shoots of races we already have (adding drow when we already had elves was bad enough) this includes Half- versions of races we currently have ie. Half-elf bad due to having elf (and human) but Half-Orc is ok because we lack a full Orc (and so does the playable races in PnP IIRC)
    Last edited by Failedlegend; 12-07-2009 at 10:47 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

Community Member

1. The Flinds from the classic 1st Edition Fiend Folio. Flind Bars rule! Remember they just aren't Gnolls, they are Flinds! A whole nation of evolved, intelligent and civil monstrous humanoids. Don't forget the awesome and disarming Flind Bars!

2. Kenku - Bird ninja-monks!

3. Kitsune - Not sure if they are a D&D race but they are fantasy / mythology and highly popular.

In order --

Half-Giant (I see your half-orc and raise)

Dragonbourne (Arcane much? Why thank you, yes.)

Illithid (Because ******, Fred is lonely)

I'd like to see:

1. Half-Orc: Waaaay overdue.
    2. Shifters: Give them different skins based upon form, but no morphing. Kinda like Rams Might right now. Rangers get the benefit of larger hands, without actually getting larger hands. Shifters can activate their ability and get some sort of visual cue, but nothing really changes.
    3. Hobgoblin: Pretty common race in Eberron as they are frequently hired as mercenaries.

Ok, so, I guess I'm saying - more rough and ready kinda races.

Thumbs up

Nice thread!
    1) Half- Elf, Since 1973 my all around best pick! They have the best chance at being any class, multi/class. Best choice of weapons, armor, etc.. And yes( for the skeptics) they are not UBER!
    2) Gnomes? Although they are not UBER enough for ddo, I was in a pay to play dungeon in 1978, and we (party of 20) were all gnomes in the giant series modules! We lasted 1 hour before we had a party wipe! Not much fun for the UBER players, but what a blast it was to envision 20 little top-knotters trying to take out a few hill giants!
    3) ? I defer to choice #1!

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    "I like pie. Pie is delicious." "You know, cake is better", and a sudden nerf gun war breaks out because Pie is supreme. Then someone says, "What about dinner?"

Races i would like to see:

Aasimar
    Tiefling

Do we have any winners yet? What is the race that we'll see next, who's winning the race to be the next race

Community Member

I would very much like to to see the Kalashtar as well, assuming that psionics are going to be implemented. Aside from that, pretty much anything balanced from 3.5 gets my secondary vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaosprism View Post
    Do we have any winners yet? What is the race that we'll see next, who's winning the race to be the next race
    Inquiring minds want to know!

Or is this just a tease... like my dear Druid. Where for art thou, Druid!?!

Definitive Guide to Bravery Bonuses You've got questions? We've got answers... and bacon.

Aside for this I am pretty much a 1st and 2nd ed guy(had game night two times a week before I got activated a couple months ago)

1. Spriggan Gnomes(who does'nt like gnomes that can hulk out from gnome size to giant size?)

2. Tiefing (because they sound interesting)

3. Draconians (because even in death they could still kill you)

Dont know if the Spriggan and Draconians made it past 2nd ed but it would be good to see them.

Woody

1. Gnomes- I loved playing a gnome artificer. My PnP group loved having a magic item of choice at there becking call... was the riches there
    2. Shifters- Different skins would be nice for the different form so one would not sometimes even look like another

3. Kolbold- pun-pun possiblities

1. Gnomes because my halfling bards need someone to call shorty.
    2. Shifter- mainly because it is eberron based and would make a great ranger/druid race
    3.minotaur- thinking outside the box:P
    Halflings Rule and never irritate anyone that can cast dispell

Trolls- of course they must be in here. They are the are my favorite race. And of course add the Shaman class to go with it. <For The Horde!!!>
    Revenant- C'mon a Undead w/ a Batman size vendetta. I love it, and it would give something for the emo, "twilight" kids to RP with
    Thri-Kreen- I got my DM to let me make one of these toons before in PnP AD&D. Quad-wielding Long Swords or in this game Khopesh would be a big time FTW!!!

*But really I would just like a race with a tail. I miss my Tumerok and my Tauren
    Last edited by jonnymongoose; 12-17-2009 at 11:36 PM.

Sounds like a decision has been made.

http://www.mmorpg.com/showFeature.cfm/loadFeature/3857

Definitive Guide to Bravery Bonuses You've got questions? We've got answers... and bacon.

Default TR Epic Races

I would personally like to see the following become another benefit of True Reincarnation (as a third tier).

-Half-Dragons

-Half-Celestials

-Half-Fiend

-Half-Golem

-Half-Ogre

etc...

The way I think it should work is that there would be a third tier of TR, and it would give the option to go to a 38 point normal race character, or choose from one of the previous epic races and have a 32 point build (possible 28 if more balancing is needed). I think this would really give us more incentive to do TR, whereas the extra couple points really aren't worth it for the extra grind as it stands in my opinion.

Community Member

I would like to see the following races in DDO:

- Warforged Scout (Small, Dex + 2, Str - 2, Cha - 2, Enhancements based on Warforged and Halfling)
    - Warforged Charger (Medium, Str + 2, Con + 2, Int - 2, Wis - 2, Cha - 2, Enhancements based on Warforged and Dwarf, 28 point build only as Drow)

I think DDO needs more Warforged to create more diversity between the races and to make things like Docents and Repair spells more common. A Mass Reconstruct spell should be added to arcane casters and divine casters should have an enhancement to improve the healing effect on Warforged.

Page 14 of 43 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast