Page 13 of 43 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

1. Changelings - Would be fun to pick what race you want to look like and play with that appearance after every rest.

2. Ghaeles - Who doesn't want to be a goddess sometimes?????

3. Half-Elves - Appearance of an Elf without the -2 to Con.

But then, I'd also like to see us convert the game to 4.0 or at least plan a DDO2 that is 4.0 based.

DEATH to racial ability score penalties!!!!!!!!

But seriously...1 and 3 are doable in the game the way it is now, 2 would require a HIGH favor prerequisite!

Since the Necro police have left this alone, I'll chime in too.

I like playing Humans and 1/2lings the most. they just fit my style I guess.

As for what I'd like to see implemented, I feel it should be the rest of the core races. That would mean Gnomes and the 1/2 races (elves and Orcs). After that, I really don't know. I would say since the game is called EBBERON Unlimited that they ought to be Ebberon races at the very least. Plane touched races can really wait as far as I'm concerned. The other possibilities are more appealing.
    Keris-20Rogue Rahm-19Fighter Bodi-18Bard Uke Lele-20Bard Willoughby-17Rogue Ivey-20Sorc Efric-20Ranger Glaude-20FvS Hania-20Cleric Crezida-16Sorc Gespar-20Wizard Yorgo-11Barb Yurric-16Monk

Half-Orc
    Asimari
    Tifling
    Elemental races

A) Aasimar

It would give some shock value due to the sheer audacity of advantage that it would provide for players seeing the thrill of being "deifiic" in both class prowess and character. (Heh, also you can imagine, it might perhaps coincide with the seemingly intentional foreshadowing you had with the Eberron Unlimited launch's loading screen... hehehe.)

But the prospect of offering this would be just... sheer amazing. I would understand this would be another crack in the "balance" that is coupled around DDO's (IMO inappropriate) usage of old fashioned MMORPG game play mechanics. But for breaking the mold and moving forward to a more individual-friendly setting, I think this would be a good step. It would certainly be something you could advertise with great excitement - the prospect of letting someone have deity potential.

B) Dragonborn

They have a seemingly growing popularity amongst the D&D following, ever since this 'new' race was introduced to the multi-verse not too long ago. The number of racial bonuses, as well as just the unique appearance of the Dragonborn make them such an exciting prospect, in my opinion to have in DDO. And also, frankly, I think you could have some fun marketing the Dragonborn since the game is uh... Dungeons & Dragons. Awful, I know?

An aside- I personally think it would be of a great fan service if you could introduce the Dragonborn to the game (with Wizards of the Coast's blessing) in the shape of Bahamut and Tiamat finally making their actual appearances on Eberron - and hence the "Draconic Prophecy" entering its fulfillment. This of course is intentionally a suggestion for the "send off" adventure for DDO. But I think it would be a fine choice, since it would allow for a lengthy amount of content that would require one to win the favor of Bahamut in order to become a Dragon born (or make one in character creation, I suppose). And the aforementioned could then even only be a precursor to the rest of the "end of Eberron".

C) Psiforged

This one is technically somewhat of an irrelivance since you already have the Warforged; but I think what this would entail is a compeltely new depth of "character customization". I do not know what you would see in this, but I personally think it could be part of a series of "sweeping changes" to provide more depth to the game that is also easily accessable (instead of very large portion of the game's more enthralling components seemingly laid aside for veteran players).

Regardless, I suppose you have guessed at what I am purposeing - that you actually make the Psiforged an "upgrade" option to the Warforged; hence allowing a WF character to begin adding "mods" to themselves via psiforge crystals. I would hope though that you would not make this just a superficial addition and actually allow for multifarious "super race" customization feature, per you were to add this type of update.

Edit:

D) Mindflayers

Cthulhu COMMANDS YOU.

Aasimar have always represented the epitome of pure paladininess to me. They look cool, they have glowing eyes, channel light, and have solid stats for a pally.

Shifters are the only Eberronean race that I really liked from the PnP materials, as they're interesting, both in terms of flavor and function and incredibly flexible. I'd love to see these added to the game.

I'd also like some sort of draconic creature added, whether the draconic template, half-dragons, spawn of Bahamut, spellscales, whatever... I've always liked playing dragon-like characters!

Oh! And kobolds! I want to play as a kobold!!!!
    Useful links: A Guide to Using a Gamepad w/ DDO / All Caster Shroud, Hard Shroud, VoD, ToD Einhander, Elochka, Ferrumrym, Ferrumdermis, Ferrumshot, Ferrumblood, Ferrumender, Ferrumshadow, Ferrumschtik All proud officers of The Loreseekers. Except Bruucelee, he's a Sentinel!

-1) Half-orcs
    -2) Gnomes
    -3) Half-elves
    Plexmachine - Plexa

A lot have mentioned Gnomes here and I too would love to see gnomes, but more specifically, Deep Dnomes or Snivneblin.

I think it would be cool (and rather easy) for DDO to expand the currecnt races as well. Have rcok gnomes, deep gnomes, etc. Put in wild elves, high elves, tree elves, etc. Same with dwarves. These would take little work, but would add a ton of flavor and build opportunites.
    Ooglys Pet WF 18Wiz/2Rogue, Oogli 18 Bard/2Fighter, Ooog Ly 12 fighter/6 Ranger/2 Monk, Ogly 20th Cleric, Oogly 20th Rogue, Ooogly 20th Paladin, Oooogly 20th Fighter , Gallion 20th Sorcerer

Community Member

Default Races

If you could play any D&D themed race in-game, what would it be... and why? Feel free to name your top 3!

1) Half-orc
    2) Half-elf
    3) Half-ogre
    4) Half-drow

Yeah, that's 4.

While we're at it, double the number of facial features available for the characters.

1) Gnome
    2) Half-Elf
    3) Half-Orc

Reason, at least get the core races of DnD involved with the game. But really it would be nice to add the Kalashtar, Changlings, and Shifters because of the Eberron lore.

kenders +2 on spot, disarm and charsmia -2 on hide and silence

Default The Missing Race

I call it the Valley Dwarf; call it what you like, this is what's missing from DDO:

base dex -2 (no race has a dex penalty now)
    base wis +2 (no race has a wis bonus now)
    wisdom enhancements

blunt weapons +2 damage and +2 to hit enhancements (maybe just hammers: maul, war, light and throwing)

+2 bonus to disable device
    +2 bonus to balance

racial PrE?

I don't know much about D&D books published since 1984. Perhaps there is a race like this.

So you have a good race for Monk, Cleric, FvS, Rogue, or blunt using Fighter, Ranger, and Barb. Interesting posabilities for multiclassing.

Community Member

Default What we NEED

1) Kobolds
    2) Gnomes
    3) Half-Elf
    4) Half-Orc (Duh STR boost)
    5) Broccoli (FTW)

Community Member

Gnomes
    and Dragonborn

Yeah, 4 ED race, but I feel like monstrous races are one of the cool things about MMO's and the Warforged are as close as we currently come to having them.

Gnomes goes without saying, I want to be a Gnome Illusionist!

Community Member

Default Racism...

We have dark elves so why not dark dwarves?
    Duergar

Also I remember a race that could fly (they had wings??)

And like everyone else - Gnomes and Half-orcs

Half Elves.

We have Humans. Drow. And Elves.

A half Elf with a Drow parent could have facets to their character far different from what an Elven parent would give them.

Bogwater Tavern, House P. Enclave, Stormreach

You know, shifters would probably be a very successful race in terms of marketing to new players.

Some kind of undeath related thing. Damphyr(?) or some such. Makes sense in a world containing the blood of vol.

half drow.

quarterlings. :P can't remember what they're actually called but the biproduct of elves and halflings.
    All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;
    The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
    From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring;
    Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.

Community Member

Default ogre magi

because they are big, blue, and mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Borror0 View Post
    1. Half-orcs - Most different game from a visual and gameplay perspective and an important part of Eberron.
    2. Gnomes - They're just cool and an important part of Eberron.
    3. Half-elves - Well, not really impressed but they are a an important part of Eberron and core class in both 3.5 and 4th Edition.
    Yup. Those are the three I would pick.

What he said.

Since we are in Eberron i would like Changelings (Racial Enhancement that lets you get a bonus to a Stat for 20 seconds should be doable), I would also like Khalashtars, although that does mean including Psions, but thats not something bad (I WANT PSIONICS!!!!).

Hmmm at the risk of getting lynched: Warlocks

Bogwater Tavern, House P. Enclave, Stormreach

someone mentioned sub races.

I like this idea, and think it should be:

subrace: favor reward for appropriate house, or turbine store.

not a terribly high favor reward or cost, since most of the subraces are at about the same power level at the stock version.
    All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;
    The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
    From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring;
    Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.

Page 13 of 43 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast