Page 10 of 43 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    Bogwater Tavern, House P. Enclave, Stormreach

Gnomes
    Important part of Eberron, awesome race, game needs a second small race. :P

Half-Elves
    Thematically enjoyable, important part of Eberron, seems like a waste to not include them in the one setting where they are an independent race/have a dragonmarked house, etc.

Shifters
    Just like them, no real reason beyond that.

Teiflings
    In a world like eberron, their demonic heritage is just cooler to me than in FR, so it seems like a waste to not include them in such a setting.
    All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;
    The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
    From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring;
    Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.

These are the top three i am willing to pay for in Turbine points or keep my VIP for

Teiflings (LA+1)
    Orc (not half orc unless its free) (LA +0)
    kalishtar (LA +0?)

after them these would be awesome as well

half-orc
    Goliath
    catfolk
    Illuman
    kobold
    SITH HAPPENS
    [])])])])])])[]]██████████████████████████
    Quote Originally Posted by magnus1 View Post
    drfirewater... thanks for being the voice of reason!

Gnomes-Halflings need another race that we can look in the eye

Shifters-Core race for the setting and with the workaround for FVS wings should not be that hard to implement since their lycan type abilities are limited and really could be made akin to a rage type clicky complete with cooldown

Halforc or even full orc(if druid ever comes)- something to give more flavor to meelee builds
    Halflings Rule and never irritate anyone that can cast dispell

I tend to play:

Human
    Half-Giant
    Dwarf

I would like to see:

Half-Giant
    Kalashtar
    Tieflings/Aasimar
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment."
    -Barry LePatner

Hero
    Knight of Movember
    2014 DDO Players Council

What he said:

Quote Originally Posted by Borror0 View Post
    1. Half-orcs - Most different game from a visual and gameplay perspective and an important part of Eberron.
    2. Gnomes - They're just cool and an important part of Eberron.
    3. Half-elves - Well, not really impressed but they are a an important part of Eberron and core class in both 3.5 and 4th Edition.
    Gamma Tester, Dungeons & Dragons Online
    Beta Tester, DDO: Eberron Unlimited
    Alpha Tester, DDO: Stormreach

Kalashtar

Not only are they the obvious tie-in to the upcoming Dreaming Dark module, but they also open up additional plot-lines and places of exploration. Dreaming Dark, Inspired, Quori, various hosts, etc.

They're also visually almost identical to Humans, making them fairly easy to implement.

And they have one of the most unique, and interesting, racial histories of any known D&D race thus far.

Default Kobolds

KOBOLDS, seriously, they've been in our city long enough that some must have been domesticated...besides...think of the great stats they have

-Unlimited mana
    -The ability to leap 40 feet in the air, backwards, and fight while standing on slimey ledge only 1 inch wide
    -Innate alliances with spiders, oozes, minotaurs, hobgoblins, rust monsters, undead and elementals
    -An uncanny ability to dodge ray spells while being able to auto target their own.
    -Shaman class

Hook us up!!!

Community Member

Dragonborn
    Shifters

Dragonborn are just absolutely necessary....

Community Member

I would first add Gnomes, then shifters, then Kalashtars. Afterall, who are creating all the alchemical potions the Kobolds throw at us? Races of Eberron the 3.5 book has both shifters and Kalashtars in there. I choose shifters over Kalashtars one because I think shifters are more interesting and two because I hate Psionics in fantasy settings with a passion

Personally I would just like to see implementation of the rest of the core Eberron races. I think with the new mod being the Dreaming Dark, Kalashtar would be an obvious choice. Plus as was stated above I do love their lore. Though I understand how the implementation of psionics may cause a bit of a hubub not only for the players but the devs as well.

I'd also love to see Shifters for the same reasons. The only core Eberron race i'm not especially keen on seeing are changelings, not because I dislike them, but mainly because I couldnt for the life of me see how their defining characteristics could be implemented into DDO.

Main: 18 Artificer, Thelanis

Quote Originally Posted by enochiancub View Post
    Personally I would just like to see implementation of the rest of the core Eberron races. I think with the new mod being the Dreaming Dark, Kalashtar would be an obvious choice. Plus as was stated above I do love their lore. Though I understand how the implementation of psionics may cause a bit of a hubub not only for the players but the devs as well.

I'd also love to see Shifters for the same reasons. The only core Eberron race i'm not especially keen on seeing are changelings, not because I dislike them, but mainly because I couldnt for the life of me see how their defining characteristics could be implemented into DDO.
    I think psionics could/should be implemented the way that Ki is implemented now. Ki, however, should be fixed - it should be implemented in the reverse of how it is now, i.e. resting/non combat should (slowly) build Ki bar, not zerg ahead and fight to build Ki.
    Bring in... GNOMES!!!

Community Member

@salmag: if what you suggest is done then monks are basically using the same system casters are using.

Eberron is part of the same multiverse as Toril, Greyhawk, Kryn, Ravenloft, Darksun and many others. There is a slew of races that can be picked to be in Eberron and mine are,

1. Ogre Magi- Because they are cool looking multi-colored large Ogres with a big horn on their heads who are natural born spell casters...and strong

2. Mephlings- They are a nice addition as an elemental race little smaller then a Hafling. Their chosen element can be picked as a racial feat at creation.

3. Shadowsyft- Cool race from a quasi-shadow plane. They look similar to Gythianki, but smaller and quicker. They are a hyper-active race and they are natural born Rogues with some shadow like abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Turial View Post
    Gnolls - Who doesn't like the cool armor skins they get.

Ugh! I remember gnolls in the EQ1 game. They killed me many, many times. Bad memories

Quote Originally Posted by PrimalExile View Post
    Dragonborn
    Shifters

Dragonborn are just absolutely necessary....
    No they arent they are an abomnation upon dnd just like the edtion that added them dragonborn not shifters by the way.

The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

Quote Originally Posted by Uska View Post
    No they arent they are an abomnation upon dnd just like the edtion that added them dragonborn not shifters by the way.
    so... I'm guessing you don't like 4.0
    Rule 1: Don't sweat the small stuff
    Rule 2: Its all small stuff
    Rule 3: People are stupid. You, me everyone... expect it
    more rules to come in a different sig

Dragonborn are 3.5

Quote Originally Posted by Averagedog View Post
    @salmag: if what you suggest is done then monks are basically using the same system casters are using.
    True - with 2 exceptions:

Monk's Ki would slowly regenerate if NOT attacking, i.e. passive (caster spell-points don't regenerate);

and

Monk's can Meditate to more rapidly fill their Ki bar (casters need to use a shrine).

But this isn't the thread for this: Sorry to de-rail.

GNOMES and the rest of the Eberron Core Classes
    Bring in... GNOMES!!!

Thumbs up

Dragonborn-A dragonborn loses many of their original racial traits and gains the racial traits of the dragonborn race. When a dragonborn walks into an inn, patrons' heads turn and eyes stare. What they see is well worth a second glance. Noble. Draconic. Nearly every description of a dragonborn includes those two words. So thoroughly has a dragonborn physically transformed that only the framework of their former appearance remains. Dragonborn are always slightly bigger than most other members of their original race. +2 Constitution, -2 Dexterity. Dragonborn are hearty and healthy, but they are awkward in their newly adopted bodies. Dragonborn are humanoids with the dragonblood subtype and any other subtypes they had before undergoing the Rite of Rebirth. For all effects related to race, a dragonborn is considered a dragon with scales, and a member of their original race. +2 dodge bonus to Armor Class against creatures of the dragon type. The dragonborn have an innate sense of how best to defend themselves against their potential enemies. Immunity to Frightful Presence: "Immunity to Fear in DDO?," Dragonborn are immune to the frightful presence ability of dragons, just as if they were dragons. "BTW, why don't we ever use this fright check in DDO?" Upon completing the Rite of Rebirth, a dragonborn chooses which of the following three aspects to manifest. Once the choice is made, it cannot be changed. "lol, unless you wield a fancy Dragon-Shard and know a guy named Fred ."

Heart (Su): A dragonborn who chooses heart as her draconic aspect gains a breath weapon. The breath weapon is a bright, shining line that coruscates with every metallic color. The line's length is 5 feet per Hit Die the dragonborn has, up to a maximum of 100 feet at 20 HD. The breath weapon deals 1d8 points of damage, plus an extra 1d8 points for each 3 HD the dragonborn possesses (2d8 at 3 HD, 3d8 at 6 HD, and so on). The damage can be acid, cold, electricity, or fire, changing on each use as the dragonborn chooses. A successful Reflex save (DC 10 + 1/2 the dragonborn's HD + her Con modifier) halves the damage. A dragonborn can use her breath weapon once every 1d4 rounds.

Mind (Ex): A dragonborn who selects the mind aspect sharpens her senses, gaining immunity to paralysis and magic sleep effects. She gains darkvision "Maybe True Seeing in DDO?," out to 30 feet and low-light vision, plus a +2 racial bonus on Listen, Search, and Spot checks.

Wings (Ex):A dragonborn who selects the wings aspect hatches sporting fully formed wings. Dragonborn can use these wings to aid their jumps (granting a +10 racial bonus on Jump checks) and to glide. Those with 6 HD or more can use their wings to fly.

Gliding: A dragonborn can use her wings to glide, negating damage from a fall from any height and allowing 20 feet of forward travel for every 5 feet of descent. "Free Featherfall anyone? " Dragonborn glide at a speed of 30 feet with average maneuverability. Even if a dragonborn's maneuverability improves, she can't hover while gliding. A dragonborn can't glide while carrying a medium or heavy load.

If a dragonborn becomes unconscious or helpless while in midair, her wings naturally unfurl, and powerful ligaments stiffen them.The dragonborn descends slowly in a tight corkscrew and takes only 1d6 points of falling damage, no matter the actual distance of the fall.

Flight: When a dragonborn who selected the wings aspect reaches 6 HD, she gains a fly speed of 30 feet with average maneuverability. A dragonborn can't fly while carrying a medium or heavy load or while fatigued or exhausted.

A dragonborn can safely fly for a number of consecutive rounds equal to her Constitution modifier (minimum 1 round). She can double this length of flight but is fatigued by such exertion. The dragonborn is likewise fatigued after spending a total of more than 10 minutes per day flying. Because a dragonborn can glide before, after, and between rounds of actual flight, she can remain aloft for extended periods, even if she can only use flight for 1 round at a time without becoming fatigued.

When she reaches 12 HD, a dragonborn has enough stamina and prowess to fly without tiring. She can fly at a speed of 30 feet (average maneuverability) with no more exertion than walking or running.

A dragonborn with flight can make a dive attack. A dive attack works like a charge, "Sonic Boom in DDO?" but the dragonborn must move a minimum of 30 feet and descend at least 10 feet. A dragonborn can make a dive attack only when wielding a piercing weapon. If the dive attack hits, it deals double damage.

A dragonborn with flight can use the run action while flying, provided she flies in a straight line.

I think this race would really thrive in Eberron. Eberron is unlimited. You can have several different types of Dragonborn to choose from, based on your starting alignment. This would make alignment fun again too. Lawful Good could be Dragonborn of Bahamut. Tiamat could even have followers and grant them special abilities that scale. All kind of new abilities could be sought after by dragon-born, depending on which philosophy/alignment/Dragon they follow. Furthermore, they would look totally amazing as a race! gleaming scales of all different spectrums of the rainbow. Wise intellegent eyes and facial features! With there increase to size, they could rival the WF! In conclusion, this race would be an added addition to the dragon story-line in D&DEU, and would ignite even more fire under our new influx of eager players. I think the new player-base would eat this up, and would be a staple for years to come.

Please look into this race and give it a review. Thanks...Gum
    Last edited by Gum; 09-24-2009 at 05:18 PM.
    **As the Great Emu is one with the hill, so am I with the Great Emu.**
    PlatinumKnightsddo.us

Quote Originally Posted by Letrii View Post
    Dragonborn are 3.5
    Yes but Dragons in Eberron don't look kindly upon abominations, the dragonborn ritual is very ill suited to be used widely in the setting.

Page 10 of 43 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast