Default Idea: Split-Level Raid

I thought of this idea a while back when I was running Misery's Peak for favor on my capped toon. As the other party was headed off to their part of the mission, I wondered what they did. I mean, my character was high enough level that he should be able to roll with them. I was disappointed when I hit an invisible wall. But, what if I hadn't?

What I would suggest is to have another quest that is similar to this, but instead of NPC's doing one side, make it a Raid that has two parts that are level restricted. So if it were Misery's Peak, the distraction party would be the one that is level 16+, and the party that was charged with destroying the Mind Sunder would be lowbies. It would require talking to an NPC that would split up the party based on level.

The reason why it would be fun is that it would require that vets group with new players (or players making new toons). The quest should have places where the two groups come together and do non-fighting challenges like puzzles and the like, but split back up several times (three total?).

It would be a lot of fun for both groups, and especially for new players who get to go back into that quest at higher levels and see the other side.

It would take some changes to the XP system, I think, but I doubt that it would be major. In any case, the level of fun would make it worth it.
    For the latest DDO info how, where, and when you want it...
    DDO Reports: DDO. News. Now.
    For instant updates (even on your mobile device), follow DDO Reports on Twitter.

I like it , especially if you had a spot where the newbies coudl watch part of the lvl 16+ battle and get to see what end game looks like
    Fallen former minion of the Gelatinous Cube
    Proud Member of Ascent
    Arko Highstar
    Arckos Highstar

A clever invisible wall would do that. Like the part where the high level party is fighting the white dragon.
    For instant updates (even on your mobile device), follow DDO Reports on Twitter.

Excellent idea
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary_Gygax
    No single character has all the skills and resources needed to guarantee success in all endeavors; favorable results can usually only be achieved through group effort. No single player character wins, in the sense that he or she defeats all other player characters; the goal of the forces of good can only be attained through cooperation, so that victory is a group achievement rather than an individual one.

Community Member

Parts of it rub me the wrong way (greaaaaat... now in order to complete the raid, we have to find some lowbies, show them how to get here, hope they know how to play, etc etc.), I do like the idea overall.

If it could be implemented in a way that it was optional, I think it would be quite interesting.
    DDOVAULT.COM
    Freedom from Oppression!

Quote Originally Posted by Strakeln View Post
    Parts of it rub me the wrong way (greaaaaat... now in order to complete the raid, we have to find some lowbies, show them how to get here, hope they know how to play, etc etc.), I do like the idea overall.

If it could be implemented in a way that it was optional, I think it would be quite interesting.
    That could be done. Just make the best chest/chests only available if you have a group of both.

Community Member

Default Great idea!

I like this. Aside from having some more fun, I believe it's necessary to give new players some guidance without ruining their XP, and to show them how powerful they will eventually get to be in the long run. This keeps the new blood flowing.

I like it, it adds new high end content (something everyone wants) and a lower level raid for new players (something that a lot of people want and would be an awesome experience for new players to see level 16's gearing up and taking on a draong etc..)
    Beaker is self-centered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phalcon View Post
    Best Piker: Beak: that son of a ***** always scew's me over in every quest im ever in with him. I honestly Don't know why i keep grouping with him!

/signed

I really like this idea, especially with the originally stated motivation of best loot being available if you have lowbies with you.

Only possible problem i could think of are some high level idiots bashing some lowbies if they screwed up, possibly to the point of them leaving. But the pro i think would override this if it happened.