Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. #1
    Community Member Trillea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    4,249

    Default To the naysayers:

    Everyone has been complaining about the lack of content in Mod 9. I completely understand and empathize with you. The last 7 months have been almost as barren as the Gianthold ruins. I think though that what will be happening with Mod 9 when it hits is that this game will finally become what the devs have meant it to be from the beginning, or at least something very similar.

    Multiple posts have shown that the classes have/will become more balanced with the introduction of capstones, higher levels of PrE's and so forth. Every class will have their signature ability that they can excel at if they want to and players still have the flexibilty to create the characters/builds that tweak the upper limits of the power curve. Mod 9 has the capability of being the rebirth of DDO.

    With the level cap raised to 20, the Devs can start focusing on the things that the players have been screaming for, I.E. more content, more spells, etc..

    I have a strong feeling that the release of this mod will be paired with a media blitz never before seen from Turbine. The devs have been hinting that something big is around the corner, and I for 1 believe them. They know that they would lose more people by lying to us than by the abysmal rate that the new content has come.

    When Mod 9 drops this is how I see it happening:

    Mod 9 drops accompanied by media blitz to bring in new blood and a breath of life to the game.

    Monthly/every few weeks they start releasing smaller content releases like they did in the past to keep the new people hooked and let them feel like they have a chance to run quests for the first time just like everyone else has that joined earlier with other mods/updates.

    About 3 months into the media blitz they host some sort of major live event to show what this game is capable of, they are testing this technology right now on Lamannia with the V-whatever brothers show.

    After about 6 months they will drop Mod 10 which will have 1 or 2 new raids that culminate whatever storyline was started by the mini-mods and live event.

    DDO, as we all know, has the potential to become much more than it is. I do not believe that Turbine will let this gem of a game die, it is not a diamond in the rough it is just a diamond that has been lost in the shadows of WoW. It is time, Turbine, to put a spotlight on this diamond and show the world how well it sparkles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Philam View Post
    I nominate you as head developer of DDO!
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    That tears it. I need to get a donkey.
    Concentrated power is the enemy of liberty - Ronald Reagan

  2. #2
    Community Member Philam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    From TX, living in KY.
    Posts
    1,203

    Default

    I nominate you as head developer of DDO!

    Nice post-we can only hope!

  3. #3
    Community Member Feylina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    795

    Default

    A friend of mine once said that we are only beta testers until the 20 cap. oh how i believe him.

    as much as we are bored with content run over and over again and yawn at the thought of few new quests and raids, look at it from that perspective.

    a new player will be coming into a decently balanced high content game. loot is still viable at most levels ie raid loot and collectable loot and with the pre's and capstones there is much diversity.

    it's just too bad for those of us that have been playing for the last whatever. maybe now however we'll get some moneys spent on fixing the bugs that have been out since release and maybe do something about server lag / populations.
    I am roleplaying. My toons are zergers.


  4. #4

    Default

    Id like to toss something out here.

    "The DDO Game Servers will be brought down on Wednesday, October 29th from 6:00 AM - 1:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT) to launch the latest free content update, Module 8: Prisoners of Prophecy. Risia will remain up and available during the downtime. Thanks for your patience, and we'll see you back in the game soon!"

    That was October 29th 2008. That was 189 days ago. That was over 6 months ago. I dont care how much content we are or are not getting. It's taking to long. I am currently on the longest "break" I have been on since I started playing DDO in BETA. I always, ALWAYS, enjoyeed when they gave us updates weekly or so. At least then there was a glimmer of hope.

    Long story short. Can everyone, and I mean ALL OF US, just zip it about any complaints about how much or how little content we're getting or any other issue for that matter and just focus on getting a frackin answer as to when we will get our mod 9.

    FYI so nobodies confused. This is not a threat to quit if I dont get my way. It is a sincere effort to get a solid answer when we're getting new content for a game we're paying to play that has had nothing new added to it, as far as real content, for over half a year.
    Luthen || Eldormadoh || Luthian || Theodread || Madmardigan || Whillow || Earnur || Halbarad || Adnakhor
    "A good player overcomes. A poor player is overcome" -Proud member of DWAT

  5. #5
    Community Member Trillea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    4,249

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Philam View Post
    I nominate you as head developer of DDO!

    Nice post-we can only hope!
    Heh heh thank you!

    Mind if I post this in my sig?

    Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Philam View Post
    I nominate you as head developer of DDO!
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    That tears it. I need to get a donkey.
    Concentrated power is the enemy of liberty - Ronald Reagan

  6. #6
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    23

    Smile Takes out crack pipe and looks into space...

    I think what would make the game great -- the greatest single change that could be made, would be to gang up the servers onto a single server farm serving a single instance of Stormreach so that all of the runs that are going on at any time of day would be going on in the same place.

    *I'm not considering how difficult this would be -- I don't know what the backend architecture would look like*

    It would just be cool if we all were somehow in one place -- so at any given time I could choose from 20 PUG quests being run instead of 3. The content is different

    *when you run it with different people*

  7. #7
    Community Member sjwalker1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    555

    Default

    It's not just about Mod 9. If you've been on this game for 3 years and KNOW exactly what's been going on, you know that the rate of development in DDO is surely lacking. Level 20 should have been the cap after year 1 not year 3.
    Kirwin Hansel - Human Cleric
    Eloric Foecleaver - Dwarven Barbarian

  8. #8
    Community Member Trillea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    4,249

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sjwalker1973 View Post
    It's not just about Mod 9. If you've been on this game for 3 years and KNOW exactly what's been going on, you know that the rate of development in DDO is surely lacking. Level 20 should have been the cap after year 1 not year 3.
    While this may be true we cannot be looking too much at the past. We have to take what we have now (an absolutely great game that we all care about) and see where we can go with it/what we can do both as a playerbase and as Devs (would love some Dev feedback on this, Tolero/Tarrant) to make the game go forward.
    Quote Originally Posted by Philam View Post
    I nominate you as head developer of DDO!
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    That tears it. I need to get a donkey.
    Concentrated power is the enemy of liberty - Ronald Reagan

  9. #9
    Community Member ahpook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Posts
    2,023

    Default

    Nice theory but I don't buy it. There will be a marketing push but I don't think it will be with Mod 9.

    I think the marketing push will come later with V&M which would be Mod 10. Mod 9 doesn't make the game complete as the PrE's are not there for every class.

    I think that Mod 10/V&M will come with either

    - an expansion with a ton of content (the content they have been holding back for the past year, no way it should take 6 months to make 4 quests, a raid and an explorer area, if it does they need better tools).
    - better quest tools to allow user created content.

    Somehow content has to be involved in V&M or else its a xbox port and switch to a new user base.

    The question is, will it come in time?

  10. #10
    Community Member Trillea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    4,249

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ahpook View Post
    Nice theory but I don't buy it. There will be a marketing push but I don't think it will be with Mod 9.

    I think the marketing push will come later with V&M which would be Mod 10. Mod 9 doesn't make the game complete as the PrE's are not there for every class.

    I think that Mod 10/V&M will come with either

    - an expansion with a ton of content (the content they have been holding back for the past year, no way it should take 6 months to make 4 quests, a raid and an explorer area, if it does they need better tools).
    - better quest tools to allow user created content.

    Somehow content has to be involved in V&M or else its a xbox port and switch to a new user base.

    The question is, will it come in time?
    Well I truly hope that you are incorrect that the media push will not accompany Mod 9, otherwise it may well be too little too late. As for the prestige enhancements that are missing, I am sure some of them are well into the dev cycle and some may be closer to release than we think.
    Quote Originally Posted by Philam View Post
    I nominate you as head developer of DDO!
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    That tears it. I need to get a donkey.
    Concentrated power is the enemy of liberty - Ronald Reagan

  11. #11
    Community Member Fenrisulven6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,740

    Default

    Mod9 is only being delayed to push "!$@$! where's Mod 10!!" complaints down the road.

    As a casual gamer, I'm still having fun, and I've been running level 9 content exclusively for the last 3 months - von, sc, co6 etc. Haven't even gotten to the end game stuff yet. So I guess I'll be having a blast playing DDO for years and years and years. Hat tip to the devs and staff for all the fun they've given me. Thank you!

    Really people, these forums are representative of peeps who need a side hobby, or at least some sunshine. Quit griefing over a mod you'll consume in 9 hours only to bored all over again anyway.

  12. #12
    Community Member guildymaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bloodpaisley View Post
    I think what would make the game great -- the greatest single change that could be made, would be to gang up the servers onto a single server farm serving a single instance of Stormreach so that all of the runs that are going on at any time of day would be going on in the same place.

    *I'm not considering how difficult this would be -- I don't know what the backend architecture would look like*

    It would just be cool if we all were somehow in one place -- so at any given time I could choose from 20 PUG quests being run instead of 3. The content is different

    *when you run it with different people*
    WOW I cannot believe you have seriously just suggested that. Do you have Any idea how hard the DEVs have been working to keep this game stable? To keep it running? Remember when the new enhancement system was released? Do you remember how many servers had to SHUT DOWN and merge, because of the massive amount of people that were ****ed at the new update and quit? If this is released, not only will EVERYONE stop playing, but there will be so much lagg that you will HAVE to stop playing...

    ~~~

    How ever it would be fun to view whats going on in different servers thru an option in our LFM window. In addition to that, I think we should also have an option to switch servers without closing DDO and restarting it all over again.

    ~ ~ Guildy (Human Sorcerer) ~ ~ Srslyffs (Warforged Barbarian/Fighter/Ranger) ~ ~ Zomagad (Warforged Wizzard/Rogue) ~ ~


  13. #13
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    19,191

    Default

    The real media blitz probably won't happen until/unless Turbine gains distribution and marketing rights from their lawsuit against Atari.

  14. #14
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Overland Park , KS
    Posts
    75

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenrisulven6 View Post
    Mod9 is only being delayed to push "!$@$! where's Mod 10!!" complaints down the road.

    As a casual gamer, I'm still having fun, and I've been running level 9 content exclusively for the last 3 months - von, sc, co6 etc. Haven't even gotten to the end game stuff yet. So I guess I'll be having a blast playing DDO for years and years and years. Hat tip to the devs and staff for all the fun they've given me. Thank you!

    Really people, these forums are representative of peeps who need a side hobby, or at least some sunshine. Quit griefing over a mod you'll consume in 9 hours only to bored all over again anyway.

    signed

  15. #15
    Community Member Trillea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    4,249

    Default

    So far so good!
    Quote Originally Posted by Philam View Post
    I nominate you as head developer of DDO!
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    That tears it. I need to get a donkey.
    Concentrated power is the enemy of liberty - Ronald Reagan

  16. #16
    Community Member MrWizard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    6,338

    Default

    seven months?

    hmm...I remember last september, a year ago, they added 3 quests and a raid...and that was after like what, 5 or 6 months after the two raid mod?

    It just does not seem like they have any intention of really adding any normal dungeons except to flesh out a raid now...

    Luckily a few lower level keep cropping up, but at the high end...well...too bad.

    Would have been awesome, for me, and I would have re upped, if they actually did a module centered around dungeon content....just one, for old time's sake.
    Cannon fodder build The Stalwart Defender, Raid Tank
    Worst Shroud PUG EVER!!!!!! Epic Fail (started 1/13/10, necro'd 3/9/10, 4/20/10, raised dead 3/ 9/11, necro'd 4/9/11, 5/28/11, fame petition necro 8/5/11, necro'd 9/30/11, KIA 10/3/11, True reincarnated famed (by cleric Cordovan) 10/4/11,

  17. #17
    Community Member Trillea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    4,249

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrWizard View Post
    seven months?

    hmm...I remember last september, a year ago, they added 3 quests and a raid...and that was after like what, 5 or 6 months after the two raid mod?

    It just does not seem like they have any intention of really adding any normal dungeons except to flesh out a raid now...

    Luckily a few lower level keep cropping up, but at the high end...well...too bad.

    Would have been awesome, for me, and I would have re upped, if they actually did a module centered around dungeon content....just one, for old time's sake.
    I bet that it will with the next MOD in about 2 months.
    Quote Originally Posted by Philam View Post
    I nominate you as head developer of DDO!
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    That tears it. I need to get a donkey.
    Concentrated power is the enemy of liberty - Ronald Reagan

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload