Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: Alliance!!!

Default April Is Alliance Month!

Quote Originally Posted by purplejimi2001 View Post
    Good concept.... let see how long it lasts.
    During the month of April the Alliance and its member-guilds will be celebrating The two year anniversary of the Alliance of Guilds Chat Channel!

The Alliance channel was born out of a dream that little family guilds and guilds of one could experience the feeling of a friendly larger guild.The Alliance was not created as a place just for people who knew each other, rather as a place where people could make friends.

If you are an Alliance member Guild Leader or Officer, be sure to mention April is Alliance month in your MotD and encourage your other guildies to utilize the channel.
    Be sure to check with the channel first before posting an LFM or mention it in chat as soon as you do.

I also like to add users to my friend's list.

A thank-you to all the guilds, players & guild leaders that make this channel possible.
    See you around town.
    Last edited by Mr_Ed7; 04-03-2011 at 10:30 PM.
    The One True Fighter/Wizard Father of the Alliance General Orcneas of ORC

http://darkside.guildportal.com http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=174849

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Ed7 View Post
    Have you or an associated guild join the Alliance?

The Alliance will become more important when DDO Unlimited is released.

Separate you and your guild from the masses by joining the Alliance.

The Alliance is:

Darkside~Eberon Dwarf Tossing League~The Swamp Foxes~Berry Goddess Inn
    Order of the Silver Dragons~The Peacemakers~Bloodline Dynasty
    hiyas hey i want my guild Chaos Saints to be also included will my guild name be over or changed or whatever dunno about it

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Ed7 View Post
    During the month of April the Alliance and its member-guilds will be celebrating The two year anniversary of the Alliance of Guilds Chat Channel!

The Alliance channel was born out of a dream that little family guilds and guilds of one could experience the feeling of a friendly larger guild.The Alliance was not created as a place just for people who knew each other, rather as a place where people could make friends.

If you are an Alliance member Guild Leader or Officer, be sure to mention April is Alliance month in your MotD and encourage your other guildies to utilize the channel.
    Be sure to check with the channel first before posting an LFM or mention it in chat as soon as you do.

I also like to add users to my friend's list.

A thank-you to all the guilds, players & guild leaders that make this channel possible.
    See you around town.
    Have I got the wrong Alliance chat. or is it the one where no one is ever chatting much?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Milamber69 View Post
    Well said. Who are you talking to though and what is it about?
    I know many people talk down on this, or think they are to good for it. I hear things, i see things, and if you go back and read some of the responses in the thread, you will see what i mean.

I have been apart of this game from Beta off and on. I have been in the ultra uber killed the dragon 4th fastest in DDO, Been there done that. Now i play to have fun, chat with my friends in the game, and progress as fast or slow as i feel like. I got my first 20 less then 3 months ago. I am in no rush, Not like any new content is going to be added soon.

The Alliance is as good as people make it. The more in it the better. (right now i can't be in game for personal reasons, or i would most likely be bugging people to do vale slayers on my 19 rogue. )
    I am one of the 1%

Default Deep Thoughts...

Deep Thoughts on the ALLIANCE channel.

Quote Originally Posted by thornwold View Post
    I love this alliance! What a great way to find like-minded players when forming a gorup or raid. Thanks for making this happen, it makes LFG so much better!
    Quote Originally Posted by Donnie View Post
    the alliance channel...LFM pt 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by jozzcooper View Post
    It's basically two things:
    1. A shared chat channel that provides an extra resource to fill out a party.
    2. A way to shoot the breeze during downtime with like-minded folks, outside the general channel.
    ... the channel is like a radio station.
    Quote Originally Posted by Polunius View Post
    there are many of us who came from small guilds that folded or just did not have enough players ...we at least could get some more groups going.
    Quote Originally Posted by TURIN35RBAL2 View Post
    The Thieves Guild
    ...if someone in the guild is not available or out of your range to help, please make use of this channel!...we make an attempt to help any of their members when we can and also if they ask us for help namely: items, advice, quest knowledge that we try to take time out to help them.
    That' s why it is there, and many of us try to maintain and use the channel to eep it going.
    Quote Originally Posted by skunk View Post
    I still use this and chat with others, or jump in when they are doing something i am interested in. The Alliance is as good as people make it. The more in it the better.
    Quote Originally Posted by WolfSpirit View Post
    An alliance of guilds (myself for adult players only) is a great Idea.

Post Re: bad news

Can't say i've seen any such activity from any of us either. And can't say i've had enough experience with AOK to make any judgements either.

As mr ed said, even tho we all use the channel, we can't expect all of us to have the same opinions, reactions, or morality than other alliance members.

If you are guild master of AOK then I would address it with the guild officer or guild leader of whatever guild was acting up towards your members. That would probably be the best diplomatic approach. As far as some sort of Alliance conspiracy against AOK, i'm not aware of any. I don't think he could have a conspiracy towards anything even if we tried.

-turi

Can't say i've seen any such activity from any of us either. And can't say i've had enough experience with AOK to make any judgements either.

As mr ed said, even tho we all use the channel, we can't expect all of us to have the same opinions, reactions, or morality than other alliance members.

If you are guild master of AOK then I would address it with the guild officer or guild leader of whatever guild was acting up towards your members. That would probably be the best diplomatic approach. As far as some sort of Alliance conspiracy against AOK, i'm not aware of any. I don't think he could have a conspiracy towards anything even if we tried.

-turi
    The conspiracy is this:

April 18 7pm EST Darkside Full Moon Party

April 30 & May 1 The 2-year Anniversary Celebration of the Alliance Channel!

Default Next Week!

Next week: Alliance 2-year anniversary party on Saturday & Sunday. Look for PvP, raids and some photo-ops!

Default 2

Two-year Anniversary of this channel.

I look forward to another year of getting to know new members via, raids, groups, pvp and general bs!

We are the Alliance!~We are One!

Default Did I miss anything yet?

I should be around somewhat tonight. I must have been busy last night, keep us posted.

-TG

Default Full Moon?

Full Moon Party this month?

-turi

Ha-ha! Always!
    MAY 17TH at 7pm EST

Catch-up with Darkside as they celebrate the Full Moon with Allies.

Darkside will gather on their ship and then travel to House Deneith for a promotion ceremony, and then its off to The Phoenix for a lil pvp and what may come!

Default Other News

My time spent on the game has been waning and I am unable to put in the time needed to promote the ORC guild.

I was wondering if there were any Alliance members outthere who would like to take over leadershp of this guild for me.

It is level 26 with only a handful of active members.

Write me here, or to Sicarii of Darkside in game if interested.

Post Alliance of Guilds (AOG)

This is Turi, leader of The Thieves Guild.

First i'm going to re-fresh this thread, since it has seem to have died.

Second, since there are plenty of great people, great players, and great guilds that use the Alliance system, I thought i'd see what I can do to try to revive this forum and toss some ideas around.

I have an idea.....since the forum has sorta died, we could try to get sort of a "meeting of the minds" with the alliance guild leaders and come up some ways to help each other. Namely:

Perhaps tune our raid nights closer together, trade officer and contact information (so we can reach each other's leadership if needed), and perhaps take requests for certain items, or requests for weird quest chains like Threnal, Restless Isles, to name a few.

And maybe schedule some sort of council of the leaders/officers every now and then to discuss politics or other new ideas.

What do you guys think?

So i'll leave this up for a bit, see if anyone shows any vested interest in this and go from there. And believe me, i'm BUSY enough as it is, so whatever happens, it will be very relaxed (not time consuming), but I do think it would be beneficial to all of us, including our members.

Since its been a while since anyone has done a count on participating guilds, feel free to chime in on that subject too.

Thanks all, have fun! (but not too much fun, you might pull something, a lot of us leaders are old an decrepit)

-turi
    *goes back into the shadows*
    "What goes around, comes around; that's Karma"

Turinde-Tureen-Turind-Gaebrielus

Good idea, count me in.

- A random bloodline guy (Holyschnitz)
    Quote Originally Posted by Codeshaper View Post
    Now that's just crazy talk
    “It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java the thoughts acquire speed, the teeth acquire staining, the staining becomes a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.”

This is Turi, leader of The Thieves Guild.

First i'm going to re-fresh this thread, since it has seem to have died.

Second, since there are plenty of great people, great players, and great guilds that use the Alliance system, I thought i'd see what I can do to try to revive this forum and toss some ideas around.

I have an idea.....since the forum has sorta died, we could try to get sort of a "meeting of the minds" with the alliance guild leaders and come up some ways to help each other. Namely:

Perhaps tune our raid nights closer together, trade officer and contact information (so we can reach each other's leadership if needed), and perhaps take requests for certain items, or requests for weird quest chains like Threnal, Restless Isles, to name a few.

And maybe schedule some sort of council of the leaders/officers every now and then to discuss politics or other new ideas.

What do you guys think?

So i'll leave this up for a bit, see if anyone shows any vested interest in this and go from there. And believe me, i'm BUSY enough as it is, so whatever happens, it will be very relaxed (not time consuming), but I do think it would be beneficial to all of us, including our members.

Since its been a while since anyone has done a count on participating guilds, feel free to chime in on that subject too.

Thanks all, have fun! (but not too much fun, you might pull something, a lot of us leaders are old an decrepit)

-turi
    *goes back into the shadows*
    Wow, this sounds like a really good idea! Loads of fun too! I think keeping the guilds with the same interests closer together is a great idea

Ok I got a couple responses. So how bout we pick a weekend (i'm assuming that would be the best days of the week) in the few weeks to meet up and discuss whatever is on our mind. I doubt it would take longer than 15-30mins.

Bring whomever you like and we could gather where-ever. Doesn't matter to me.

I would think one of the best topics would be to try to arrange some good raid days and times.

This way we can not only try to keep the alliance chat in play but also some others might see it's value.

Lemme know,

-turi

Community Member

When is the Full moon celebrations going to be this month?
    (when trying to type this reply, i noticed that in a FAQ, Turbine falsely claimed that HTML could be used in these forums
    Last edited by bkasavan; 09-05-2011 at 09:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Melcena View Post
    Who is Shade?
    Lives? Nonsense. We are gamers - None of us have lives.
    404error is a practitioner of giving someone exactly what they ask for whether it's what they want or not

Honestly, I'm not sure that is still going on. Maybe that is something we could go over if we get a chance to get together and figure out where were going to steer this ship.

-turi

Aces over Kings will send a representative. Please contact Teh_Meh here on the forums or Guttural in game for more information.

Quote Originally Posted by gamblerjoe View Post
    if u put 1000 smurves in front of 1000 computers, eventually one of them will make a pally that isnt a complete abomination.
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonofsteel2 View Post
    Why should I care about what none friends think? It really not like anythink they do are say in this game really affects me.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast