Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread: Alliance!!!

There should be an assembly of a committee of foreign delegates representing the same guilds at a time reasonable for europlayers to get to, with possibly a sub committee for cake, where we can get also try to syncrhonise our various activities, take minutes and watch a powerpoint presentation on the value of not dumpstatting Con and brainstorm ways to buff ranged combat, share questing knowledge and plan loot runs, and plot the overthrow of our wicked guild leaders.

Er... did I say that last bit out loud?

Just let me know the date T, if its not at a convenient time for euros, I'll happily try to host something at a more reasonable hour.

Better go subscribe to this thread I guess...
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    The best of the best DDO players generally overperform when given a real challenge

Talking

*sigh*

Who let you in here Dunkle?

Yes we will try to oblige the euros.
    "What goes around, comes around; that's Karma"

Turinde-Tureen-Turind-Gaebrielus

I think the easiest to get the word out would be talking about it on alliance chat. I know a lot of people never even check the forums.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JN99jshaQbY
    Quote Originally Posted by Codeshaper View Post
    Now that's just crazy talk
    “It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java the thoughts acquire speed, the teeth acquire staining, the staining becomes a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.”

Agreed.

Well it's been another week, and any more responses would be more than appreciated.

So for this coming week, please let us know if you can partake on this coming weekend. This coming weekend would be the dates of Sept. 16-18. From experience I think that Saturday would be best....perhaps in mid-afternoon, sometime around 3-4pm EST. Around 3pm, i'll start yapping about a bunch of non-understandable blabber in Alliance Chat, and after about 45 minutes of that, we'll form up in a defined location and have a meeting of the MINDS (please no idiots, we don't want to get puke on our clothes). As i've mentioned before; officers (or assigned diplomats) from guilds are acceptable, if you'd like to bring someone from you guild with you, that's fine also, other than that; preferably leaders, or close to it (successors).

Possible issues for discussion:

1: Available joint raid times, and if so, what raids and what times
    -1.5: Refresh of how to use alliance chat and exchange of "business cards" if needed.
    2: Resources: Any guild that may need something or is willing to trade off something, etc
    3: Politics: any guild that should be avoided, or encouraged, etc
    4: Break for milk and cookies....(and shots of whiskey in the milk)
    5: Any warnings about guilds, and other politics.
    6: Any other agreement or arrangements involving boats, or x-communications of certain "bad apples".

And as i've mentioned before, anything else you guys can think of, or any other guilds that would be happy to partake please post up on this forum. POST! If you don't, were going to think your lazy

Sooooo...lets try to shoot for next weekend, saturday or sunday preferably. If I don't get any requests on what time is best, i'm just going to stick to Saturday at 4pm EST. And please chime in on any other details including requests, subjects of conversation, questions, the solution to the universe (which btw, is 42), etc.

I want to keep this as wide open and relaxed as possible. It should only help us, not hurt. Open mind, open spirit.

-turi
    Last edited by TURIN35RBAL2; 09-11-2011 at 11:45 PM.

I would prefer sunday - but will do my durndest to make saturday if I can.
    The best of the best DDO players generally overperform when given a real challenge

This is still happening 3-4 EST (at least the warm up blather, actually aiming to start at 4pm EST) today, yes?

(makes it 8-9pm over in the UK I think, 9-10pm CET)

Come on folks, lets have some more alliance representation if you can. If you're reading this... YOU SHOULD BE IN GAME!

Ok, well, in the absence of someone well known like Turinde (internet down, two day fix. I suspect he's not a happy bunny), the meeting more or less didn't happen.

Thanks very much for Married With Children for sending along representation in the form of Madizm, thanks Darksiders for at least saying you were mid quest and therefore unavailable!

The other 7 people lurking in Alliance chat who spoke not at all though - bad form! Apologies accepted in Large Ingredient form only

So for the MWC/Thieves Guild meeting, we discussed the following:

Raid times:

We both have a fairly significant euro contingent. MWC's euros seem awfully dedicated though - managing to stay awake to start raids at 11pm-midnight? Really? Good for you!

MWC raid times are Weds & Sat at 7pm EST, usually filled entirely from guild (I'm so jealous, but on the whole we Thieves like our guild fairly small and close knit so them's the breaks)
    Thieves Guild raid times are Tuesday at 4pm EST and 9-10pm EST.

• That TG 4pm slot is pretty much for the Euro contingent, though we often get those US-side joining in too.
    • We also have 'raid-light' on a Friday at 4pm EST ish, which us TG euros use for running raids if we feel like it, or trying to hit whole quest chains, do loot runs and so forth. Alliance members more than welcome to join us for that, we dont' usually put up an LFM, but often short man - we'll try to make a point of posting in Alliance if we're forming up.

Guild ships/resource sharing
    There wasn't a lot to talk about here, but TG and MWC are reasonably close to each other in level, (56 and 63 respectively) - MWC have the +2 stat and +30 resist shrines... so you may find thieves guild members trying to sneak aboard - secure the valuables!

Politics

Politics, we doesn't has it. MWC are too nice, TG focus on Bluff rather than Diplomacy. This topic was therefore doomed to go nowhere

If any alliance members have any politics they want to share, we're all ears

What now?

We are going to try to reschedule this for another time. We'll try to keep this thread active, and post stuff in Alliance at least once a day, once we have a target date.
    Last edited by dunklezhan; 09-19-2011 at 03:15 AM. Reason: TG hit L56 while I was typing, lol

Talking

Dunkle and the rest,

Thanks guys! And yes I wish I could have made it, but had to get an internet situation resolved. I see that we got a great start so thanks to you guys!

Since we got a good platform to start with, we'll expand and try to get who we can involved as we push forward. For now, lets see how the migration of raid schedules works out for a couple of weeks and then after that, we'll try to do another meeting and see if we can make any other adjustments and bring in some more representatives!

Once again, sorry I missed out. I'm happy a few delegates from our guild and other guilds were able to represent our interests.

Also, please don't be afraid to encourage your fellow guild members to use the alliance chat system so we can fulfill these raid times and dates.

Oh, one last thing, I believe Tsorte brought up the issues of timezones. If any of the guilds out there have euro players that usually play during the CEST (Central European Standard Time) please feel free to get a hold of euro's like Dunkle, Ekei, or just speak up on alliance chat. If your euro, your not alone, and I try to accommodate as much as possible with your futuristic time zone. It's nice to know that if the world is going to end you'll give us 6 hours notice.

Thanks guys, i'll keep ya posted and see ya on TAC (The Alliance Chat, *gives myself high five for coining the abbreviation*).

-turi
    Last edited by TURIN35RBAL2; 09-18-2011 at 06:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TURIN35RBAL2 View Post
    Dunkle and the rest,

Thanks guys! And yes I wish I could have made it, but had to get an internet situation resolved. I see that we got a great start so thanks to you guys!

Since we got a good platform to start with, we'll expand and try to get who we can involved as we push forward. For now, lets see how the migration of raid schedules works out for a couple of weeks and then after that, we'll try to do another meeting and see if we can make any other adjustments and bring in some more representatives!

Once again, sorry I missed out. I'm happy a few delegates from our guild and other guilds were able to represent our interests.

Also, please don't be afraid to encourage your fellow guild members to use the alliance chat system so we can fulfill these raid times and dates.

Oh, one last thing, I believe Tsorte brought up the issues of timezones. If any of the guilds out there have euro players that usually play during the CEST (Central European Standard Time) please feel free to get a hold of euro's like Dunkle, Ekei, or just speak up on alliance chat. If your euro, your not alone, and I try to accommodate as much as possible with your futuristic time zone. It's nice to know that if the world is going to end you'll give us 6 hours notice.

Thanks guys, i'll keep ya posted and see ya on TAC (The Alliance Chat, *gives myself high five for coining the abbreviation*).

-turi
    Expanding your abbr. to TAC-com cos it sounds 100% moar awesome and like we're all organised and stuff.

Oh, and Tsorte= me, for anyone wondering.

Talking Something to do...

Its not the big raid many of you like to do, BUT...

I have been running SUNDAY MORNING SPEED SLAYERS at 9:30AM-11:39AM EST.

The instances are ran for no more than 20 minutes a piece, and then I hit a guild beacon and head to the ship, and then its off to the next area.

I have been trying to level my 50-50 Fighter-Cleric Level (17), the Dwarf Morlock Sixfinger.

Let me know if I should save a spot for ya!
    The One True Fighter/Wizard Father of the Alliance General Orcneas of ORC

http://darkside.guildportal.com http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=174849

Default Thursdays

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Ed7 View Post
    Its not the big raid many of you like to do, BUT...

I have been running SUNDAY MORNING SPEED SLAYERS at 9:30AM-11:39AM EST.

The instances are ran for no more than 20 minutes a piece, and then I hit a guild beacon and head to the ship, and then its off to the next area.

I have been trying to level my 50-50 Fighter-Cleric Level (17), the Dwarf Morlock Sixfinger.

Let me know if I should save a spot for ya!
    Additionally, Mr. Sharpe of Darkside has been running a Thursday night SHROUD at 9pm on a regular basis.

Smile

Ok I will spread the word in The Thieves Guild. I can't promise anything but the Thursday night plan sounds good

-turi

Arrow Last full moon party!

Last Full Moon Party of 2011 is this SATURDAY DECEMBER 10.

Festivites begin on the Darkside ship and continue atop House Deneith.

Party will conclude with PvP combat at the Phoenix Tavern and a raid.

Contact a Darkside member for more details.

Sounds great!

I'll pass the word throughout the guild and see if anyone else would like to participate.

Great to see the Full Moon parties are back!

-turi

Talking On our way!

Darkside is trying to keep up with you uber-elite guilds in the Alliance!

We achieved level 50!!!

Darkside is trying to keep up with you uber-elite guilds in the Alliance!

We achieved level 50!!!
    Gratz! Well done Darksiders!

Red face

Congratulations Darkside!

-turi

Default Raid recap?

Darkside runs a Thursday Shroud.
    Is there another one?

Default Wolf moon

Darkside Full Moon Party tonight at 8:30pm EST.
    Join us for some PvP, questing and DARK RITUALS!!!
    Join us members of the ALLIANCE!

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast