Community Member

Default 10 Day Trial - 1st Night:

A quick admission: I beta'd DDO and played for a quick minute after it launched, but quickly gave up on the game. I dont recall all of the reasons that i did so, but overall i thought it was a very shoddy product. I was extremely skeptical when i decided to DL the 10 day trial last night, but all i can say is this:

BOY AM I GLAD I DID!!!

Talk about a turn around. This game is EXACTLY what i hoped it would be when it first came out. Not perfect by any means, but MUCH more fun than it was. I just wanted to give a quick grats and thank you to the dev team for making the game what it is today and sincerely hope that a re-launch is in order sometime in the near future. I would bet a lot of folks who love D&D like myself gave up on the game prematurely and you could win a good handful of them back. I still have 9 days left on my trial, but i dont see any reason that you wont be getting my sub

Thanks again, devs and glad to be back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Aegorian View Post
    A quick admission: I beta'd DDO and played for a quick minute after it launched, but quickly gave up on the game. I dont recall all of the reasons that i did so, but overall i thought it was a very shoddy product. I was extremely skeptical when i decided to DL the 10 day trial last night, but all i can say is this:

BOY AM I GLAD I DID!!!

Talk about a turn around. This game is EXACTLY what i hoped it would be when it first came out. Not perfect by any means, but MUCH more fun than it was. I just wanted to give a quick grats and thank you to the dev team for making the game what it is today and sincerely hope that a re-launch is in order sometime in the near future. I would bet a lot of folks who love D&D like myself gave up on the game prematurely and you could win a good handful of them back. I still have 9 days left on my trial, but i dont see any reason that you wont be getting my sub

Thanks again, devs and glad to be back!!!
    Welcome back and the Devs have been kind of hinting at a massive media campaign if not a full relaunch, plus lots of other stuff that they are being (too?) tight-lipped about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Philam View Post
    I nominate you as head developer of DDO!
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    That tears it. I need to get a donkey.
    Concentrated power is the enemy of liberty - Ronald Reagan

Welcome back! Spread the word about this great game!

But a small warning: The Korthos experience was dramatically improved to be a far cleaner start for a new player. But once you're off Korthos, I don't think the game will seem THAT different from before. I still think it's a great game, but it does have a steep learning curve with few resources to help you climb it (after Korthos). Because of that, I always recommend to look for a newb-friendly guild ASAP.

Community Member UnderwearModel's Avatar

Default Welcome to the game

On all the servers there are people more than willing to send you some gear to start with.

Or you can be like me and think that masterwrok Full PLate on your Level 4 cleric is the best. And you cant wait to find +1 Full Plate.
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    Monster AI tends to be a limitation of the engine - smart AIs cause more server lag. Boy am I going to get quoted on that or what.
    I survived the scary events in 2009, 2010, and 2011. 2011 did not reward those that played by the rules.