Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Shroonith View Post
    Point of interest. 8 icy rainment AC comes from 4 armor bonus and 4 dodge. The armor bonus will NOT stack with the one from your armor bracers, dropping this AC down to 55, with CE on. Since youll never be using CE while your DPSing, your dps AC is going to be 50. Pretty innefectual. Wrong. Icy raiment does not give an armor bonus. It gives +4 dodge, +4 PROTECTION.

As for healing, any character with full UMD for heal scrolls is better. Spot on here. But his heals are more of an " Oh **** ! " button, that unlike UMDing scrolls, do not require concentration checks while taking damage to succeed ( using heal scrolls in combat isn't the best option for a DPS class, because he's probably in the thick of it when he needs them ).

Rogue 13/Ranger6/1??? is one of, if not THE, strongest dps builds in the game Only against enemies that can be consistantly sneak attacked ( ie no crit immunity or fort ) , and will still have said UMD. Built right with 1MNK lvl, the AC easily will be mid 60s. I believe some characters built on this model have broken 100AC.
    In red.
    Last edited by bandyman1; 05-02-2009 at 12:03 AM.
    THE SEXY of ARGONNESSEN ~
    Now bringing the sexy back to AoK!!!
    Ashamed officer of : My Little PWNY
    Proud officer of :Archmagi

Community Member

thanks for the correction regarding icy.

I really was just giving a cursory response. My sentiment is that many other builds can do what the OP wants but better. 53AC (i dont count CE for any dps class) with monksplash, raid gear like icy and chat, and some paladin levels is pretty poor AC.
    Last edited by Shroonith; 05-02-2009 at 01:42 AM.

In the green heart of GERMANY - where wilderness means the next village is 3 klicks away.

I personally would go 12 Fighter / 6 Paladin / 2 Monk when the leve cap raises.

Taking 1 Fighter and 3 Paladin levels gets you several nice things:
    - Tier II Fighter PrE.
    - Tier I Paladin PrE.

- Empower Healing unlocked as a feat. This gets your healing dragon marks an additional +50% heaing power, without additional costs.

The overall build looks very nice.
    Erzskalde (Warchanter) / Erzmarschall (melee FvS) / Erzsoldat (waiting for TR-time) / Erzschmied (ranged Artificer)

AOK - From Argonnessen

Quote Originally Posted by Shroonith View Post
    thanks for the correction regarding icy.

I really was just giving a cursory response. My sentiment is that many other builds can do what the OP wants but better. 53AC (i dont count CE for any dps class) with monksplash, raid gear like icy and chat, and some paladin levels is pretty poor AC.
    lol - whatever Shroon. You obviously dont have a character in either format so your talking out of you arse. BTW my tank hits just fine with CE on and I usually counter that with GH from my gird. My heals are popping at 160 atm without any devotion items and my LOH are a nice 45 a pop. A LOH hit then a jump followed by a heal and im right back in the mix of any fight.

Do not knock a build unless you have something qualitive in response, i.e. experience and so forth.

And by level 20 ill easily have AC in the 60's. Not that it matters because you have a narrow point of view on this character and thus far your argument has been pretty feckless.

and your 100AC comment - I say that is aprobably a dex build and more then likely severly gimp somewhere in its build.
    Last edited by Yajerman01; 05-03-2009 at 01:43 PM.
    The one and only Aluecian - Congo Bowl I Champions, Team InB4Lock - Survival Builds(NEWEST BUILD IS AT POST #48): http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=209152 Pic of Me, Post# 332 http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=163146&page=9

Quote Originally Posted by Noctus View Post
    I personally would go 12 Fighter / 6 Paladin / 2 Monk when the leve cap raises.

Taking 1 Fighter and 3 Paladin levels gets you several nice things:
    - Tier II Fighter PrE.
    - Tier I Paladin PrE.

- Empower Healing unlocked as a feat. This gets your healing dragon marks an additional +50% heaing power, without additional costs.

The overall build looks very nice.

thanks Noc. I was thinking about 12 fighter 6 pally and as I hear from individuals it looks like thats the route im going to take. That Kensai II looks sweet with that +8 clickie on strength. And the Pally line is going to really help out on my LOH's.

If I actually craft a greesneteel item (glove slot) i might go for that devotion/heal bonus to give myself a boost in that regard as well.
    The one and only Aluecian - Congo Bowl I Champions, Team InB4Lock - Survival Builds(NEWEST BUILD IS AT POST #48): http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=209152 Pic of Me, Post# 332 http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=163146&page=9

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12