Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default The Evading, self sustaining fighter

I have flushed aspects about this character for a while over the forums but I have finally hunkered him down. He is currently at level 13 and he is beginning to shine alot. He looks alot like a bat-build but he is focused on saves and saving himself during battle. Mind you, he is not the uberest during progression but I beleive at end-game he is going to have what it takes in all aspects of current endgame content.

I know for a fact I will take level 17 as a fighter so I can open up the Kensai 12 enhancements, but I am up int he air insofar as the remaining portions. Do I go Pally or keep on the fighter path <shrugs>

I just wanted to share him with you folks because I am truly having a blast with him, not to mention the money he saves me on pots. With the dragon marks, I am currently getting 140hp on heals (greater dragon mark), 36 hp from my lessor dragon mark and around 12 hps from my least dragon marks. I also have 2 LOH that spot me two quick 36 hp blasts when need

I initially had a +2 wisdom and strength tome and I scrounged around for the few +1 tomes I added onto him.

The Evading-Healing-Fighter

Character Plan by DDO Character Planner Version 3.00
    DDO Character Planner Home Page

Level 16 Lawful Good Halfling Male
    (11 Fighter \ 3 Paladin \ 2 Monk) (WITH EVASION!!!!)

Hit Points: 291 (+ all toughness feats available, +6 con necklace, Greater false life, Gianthold favor reward, Minos Legens)= 407
    [an additional 45hp if you add greensteel item) 452 [obtain a +3 con item]
    = Grand total of 468

BAB: 15\15\20\25\25

Base Saves: Endgame Saves:
    Fortitude: 18 (+3 Item; +3 Cha Bonus; +2 Head of good Fortune; +1 Ritual; +5 Resistance item; +4 GH)= (36)
    Reflex: 17 (+3 Item; +3 Cha Bonus; +2 Head of good Fortune; +1 Ritual; +5 Resistance item; +4 GH)= (35)
    Will: 14 (+3 Item; +3 Cha Bonus; +2 Head of good Fortune; +1 Ritual; +5 Resistance item; +4 GH)= (32)

Starting Feat/Enhancement
    Abilities Base Stats Modified Stats
    (32 Point) (Level 1) (Level 16)
    Strength 16 24 (+6 item)=(30) [+3 tome] = 32 (*note – you will have to work in/out some enhancements*)
    Dexterity 16 18 (+6 item)=(24) [+3 tome] = 26
    Constitution 13 14 (+6 item)=(20) {+3 tome] = 22
    Intelligence 12 13
    Wisdom 9 12 (+6 item)=(18)
    Charisma 8 10 (+6 item)=(16) [+3 tome] = 18 (*note – you will have to work in/out some enhancements*)

Tomes Used
    +1 Tome of Dexterity used at level 1
    +1 Tome of Constitution used at level 1
    +1 Tome of Intelligence used at level 1
    +1 Tome of Charisma used at level 1
    +2 Tome of Strength used at level 16
    +2 Tome of Wisdom used at level 16

Essential Skills
    Starting Feat/Enhancement
    Base Skills Modified Skills
    Skills (Level 1) (Level 16)
    Balance 7 20
    Concentration 2 3
    Heal 1 5
    Intimidate 1 20
    Jump 7 24
    Swim 6 10
    Tumble 4 5

Level 1 (Monk)
    Feat: (Selected) Least Dragonmark of Healing
    Feat: (Monk Bonus) Toughness
    Enhancement: Halfling Luck I (Reflex)
    Enhancement: Halfling Luck I (Will)
    Level 2 (Fighter)
    Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Two Weapon Fighting
    Enhancement: Extra Dragonmark I
    Enhancement: Halfling Cunning I
    Enhancement: Fighter Toughness I
    Level 3 (Fighter)
    Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Exotic Weapon Proficiency: Khopesh
    Feat: (Selected) Oversized Two Weapon Fighting
    Enhancement: Fighter Strength I
    Level 4 (Fighter)
    Enhancement: Halfling Dexterity I
    Enhancement: Racial Toughness I
    Level 5 (Paladin)
    Enhancement: Paladin Devotion I
    Level 6 (Fighter)
    Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Combat Expertise
    Feat: (Selected) Lesser Dragonmark of Healing
    Enhancement: Fighter Toughness II
    Level 7 (Fighter)
    Enhancement: Extra Dragonmark II
    Enhancement: Halfling Guile I
    Enhancement: Halfling Luck II (Reflex)
    Enhancement: Halfling Luck II (Will)
    Enhancement: Racial Toughness II

Level 8 (Paladin)
    Enhancement: Paladin Charisma I
    Level 9 (Paladin)
    Feat: (Selected) Greater Dragonmark of Healing
    Enhancement: Paladin Bulwark of Good I
    Enhancement: Paladin Resistance of Good I
    Enhancement: Paladin Extra Lay on Hands I
    Level 10 (Fighter)
    Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Improved Two Weapon Fighting
    Enhancement: Fighter Strength II
    Level 11 (Fighter)
    Enhancement: Halfling Cunning II
    Enhancement: Halfling Luck III (Reflex)
    Enhancement: Halfling Luck III (Will)
    Enhancement: Fighter Toughness III
    Level 12 (Monk)
    Feat: (Monk Bonus) Dodge
    Feat: (Selected) Improved Critical: Slashing Weapons
    Enhancement: Extra Dragonmark III
    Enhancement: Way of the Patient Tortiose I
    Enhancement: Monk Wisdom I
    Level 13 (Fighter)
    Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Greater Two Weapon Fighting
    Level 14 (Fighter)
    Enhancement: Extra Dragonmark IV
    Level 15 (Fighter)
    Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Power Attack
    Feat: (Selected) Two Weapon Defense
    Enhancement: Fighter Flanking Mastery I
    Enhancement: Halfling Guile II
    Enhancement: Fighter Toughness IV
    Level 16 (Fighter)
    Enhancement: Halfling Cunning III
    Enhancement: Fighter Intimidate I

AC Breakdown:
    Base 10
    Size 01
    Dodge 01
    Two-weapon defense 01
    Bullwork 01
    Pally aura 01
    Dexterity 07
    Wisdom 04
    Combat expertise 05
    Subtotal 31
    Items:
    Icy Raiment 08
    Alchemical Ritual 01
    Armor Bracers 07
    Chattering ring 03
    Greensteel insight 04
    Subtotal 54
    Miscellaneous buffs:
    Barksin 03
    Haste 01
    Total 58 (Duel wielding khopeshes) [59 AC if you obtain a +3 dexterity tome]

(To add a +5 Mithral shield with the alchemical bonus, you would sacrifice your wisdom bonus and two-weapon defense, i.e. 7+1-4-1 = 3)
    Sword and Board = 61 [62 AC if you obtain a +3 dexterity tome]

In addition, you can open up some slots if you work in two greensteel equipment items if you grab the Tharnes Bracers and Icy Raiment as follows:
    1. The Raiment opens up my Cloak Slot (Protection +5). You can put the greensteel Wisdom with Hit points (45) in that slot.
    2. The Tharne’s Bracer opens up my glove slot (Dexterity) which I can then get my +5 protection (only adds+1) with some guards and acid resistance on. This gets back the -1 I loose from switching out my +7 armor bracers for the Tharnes bracers.

Ideal Equipment:
    Minos Legens
    Con+6 necklace
    Greensteel +6 wisdom cloak
    Brute of Strength (Titan belt, i.e. +6 str, greater false life)
    Chattering ring
    Greensteel Gloves with guard and protection +5
    Boots of Innocence
    +6 Charisma ring
    Tharnes Bracers (+6 armor +6 Dexterity)
    Icy Raiment (+4 Dodge, +4 Protection, +3 Resist)
    Tharnes Goggles (+5 sneak Attack, true seeing) (Or greensteel goggles)

Trinket slot:
    Jerky pouch (greater false life) {substitute with the Dusk gem for the time being)
    Head of good fortune (+2 resist which stacks)
    Pearl of sirinis (underwater action)
    Mummified bat (feather fall)
    Bloodstone
    Last edited by Yajerman01; 04-29-2009 at 02:38 PM.
    The one and only Aluecian - Congo Bowl I Champions, Team InB4Lock - Survival Builds(NEWEST BUILD IS AT POST #48): http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=209152 Pic of Me, Post# 332 http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=163146&page=9

so basically a batman with monk replacing rogue
    Fallen former minion of the Gelatinous Cube
    Proud Member of Ascent
    Arko Highstar
    Arckos Highstar

I'm not sure what you're using but Greater Heroism (GH) is only +4.

I'd call your options simple. Three more levels of Paladin to pick up another +1 off Divine Favor, access to Divine Might (+2 Sacred Damage via Turn Undead attempts off separate timer from Power Surge) and tier1 of whichever Paladin PrE you'd like to try. Knight of the Chalice looks extremely appropriate to Mod9.

Keep in mind you'll add a second 1st level spell (useless?), get a few more points of healing out of your Lay on Hands, and get access to the second tier of Paladin Charisma.

I'd say your options are pretty easy to pick from.
    Ghallanda ReRolled Naxy-Transil-Kottol-Nax-Riorsil-Riorik-Kaol

Quote Originally Posted by Riorik View Post
    I'm not sure what you're using but Greater Heroism (GH) is only +4.

I'd call your options simple. Three more levels of Paladin to pick up another +1 off Divine Favor, access to Divine Might (+2 Sacred Damage via Turn Undead attempts off separate timer from Power Surge) and tier1 of whichever Paladin PrE you'd like to try. Knight of the Chalice looks extremely appropriate to Mod9.

Keep in mind you'll add a second 1st level spell (useless?), get a few more points of healing out of your Lay on Hands, and get access to the second tier of Paladin Charisma.

I'd say your options are pretty easy to pick from.

thank you - i dont know what i thought in GGH but ill change that.

I was think Pally as well. thanks
    The one and only Aluecian - Congo Bowl I Champions, Team InB4Lock - Survival Builds(NEWEST BUILD IS AT POST #48): http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=209152 Pic of Me, Post# 332 http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=163146&page=9

Quote Originally Posted by ArkoHighStar View Post
    so basically a batman with monk replacing rogue
    Don't forget that Halfling also replaces DPS with healing...this build would be much better as a Dwarf using dwarven axe's. Healing isn't that big of a deal with a good AC and evasion.

Quote Originally Posted by Sequell View Post
    Don't forget that Halfling also replaces DPS with healing...this build would be much better as a Dwarf using dwarven axe's. Healing isn't that big of a deal with a good AC and evasion.

i have a dwarf version of this on paper - im jsut waiting to fill this guy out. As for the dwarven axes versus Khopesh - im sure we could debate that all day. and Healign is nice, yes ill have decent AC, but its nice to have that there when the cleric is out you can help in a pinch or help yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Yajerman01 View Post
    i have a dwarf version of this on paper - im jsut waiting to fill this guy out. As for the dwarven axes versus Khopesh - im sure we could debate that all day. and Healign is nice, yes ill have decent AC, but its nice to have that there when the cleric is out you can help in a pinch or help yourself.
    I definately agree with clerics being so scarce lol! ...I was always a DPS focused builder...It looks to be a well thought out extremely survivable build though for sure.

As far a Kopeshes vs DA goes...I think the Kopesh wins by like 1.5 Damage over-all in a comparison...can't remember for sure...just isn't enough of a difference when it's free on a Dwarf

I definately agree with clerics being so scarce lol! ...I was always a DPS focused builder...It looks to be a well thought out extremely survivable build though for sure.

As far a Kopeshes vs DA goes...I think the Kopesh wins by like 1.5 Damage over-all in a comparison...can't remember for sure...just isn't enough of a difference when it's free on a Dwarf
    ***? I thought you quit
    Quote Originally Posted by pjw View Post
    Thriand is probably one of the more 'well endowed' players

O I agree with the dwarven-axe enhancement line in that regard, thats why I drafted a dwarf on paper. Everything is almost identical except the dwarf will be a little tougher but will miss those heals and be a bit less on the saves; however if I add those levels of pally int he next mod, it might not matter.

ill bring the dwarf up too and see how he fairs in comparison,b ut im sure ill have fun with either or.

By the way, you mentioned amplifying my heals from the LOH's, i could add that on a potential greensteel equipment item I pressume. I will fiddle with that now, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Thriand View Post
    ***? I thought you quit
    Yes...a few days left on Sub...

Let's be clear. Dwarf is not the DPS-option. Dwarf is the hit point option.

Halflings do more damage than dwarves. Khopeshes are better than dwarven axes (even with enhancements), and halflings also get the +8 damage on sneak attacks when they don't have aggro.

Halfling version doesn't just do more damage than the dwarf, it does a lot more. Halfling will even barely eke out even when using intimidate, and having aggro.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbryan2 View Post
    Let's be clear. Dwarf is not the DPS-option. Dwarf is the hit point option.

Halflings do more damage than dwarves. Khopeshes are better than dwarven axes (even with enhancements), and halflings also get the +8 damage on sneak attacks when they don't have aggro.

Halfling version doesn't just do more damage than the dwarf, it does a lot more. Halfling will even barely eke out even when using intimidate, and having aggro.
    ROFL...that is all

ROFL...that is all
    Dude... halflings are 'the' DPS class now with their sneak attack enhancements, followed by warforged.

What the dwarf gains, is a free feat that he doesn't have to use on khopeshes, and access to 50+ extra hitpoints the halfling doesn't get.

I'm not saying dwarves aren't a good class for a fighter type character, they obviously are. They're not the "DPS" option, however.

Community Member

I would not recommend this build. It has less AC, DPS, saves, and healing power than others of its kind. I can think of 3-4 combinations off the top of my head that will be stronger in every way.

The 3 paladin levels are next to useless with an 8 starting CHA.
    Last edited by Shroonith; 04-29-2009 at 11:49 PM.

i have a human version 12/2/2 build myself. Went higher 12 cha for pally saves other than that very similar build. Very solid versatile build. good AC saves and dps/ with evasion.
    “If you know the enemy and know yourself you need not fear the results of a hundred battles" TsunTzu

Well, not necessarily true. He could pick up halfling backstab enhancements if he wanted. This could give up to +8 damage per hit when he is not the focus of the target, but it is quite expensive AP-wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Shroonith View Post
    I would not recommend this build. It has less AC, DPS, saves, and healing power than others of its kind. I can think of 3-4 combinations off the top of my head that will be stronger in every way.

The 3 paladin levels are next to useless with an 8 starting CHA.
    duel wielding khopeshes with a potential 32 strength, [+3 tome] (+ when i get another level of fighting = Kensai level 12?) duel weilding ac around 58 (59) with a +3 dex and saves across the board in the 30's? Not to mention my CHA will eventually be 18 with any form of CHA enhancement/devotion item along with the dragonmark line for healing?

i sense sarcasm, but if your serious, then i think you need to reevaluate your statement and/or back up the "3-4 combinations off the top of 'your' head".

otherwise its trolling.

Community Member

sure, ill bite:

a well built 13rog/6rng/1mnk halfling will have better dps, much better AC, and will be able to UMD heal scrolls. saves will be about on par. 30+ across the board in mod9 is an easily attainable standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Shroonith View Post
    sure, ill bite:

a well built 13rog/6rng/1mnk halfling will have better dps, much better AC, and will be able to UMD heal scrolls. saves will be about on par. 30+ across the board in mod9 is an easily attainable standard.

You didnt bite anything, you simply posted a straw-man argument via "better dps, much better ac"

thank you for your less then qualitive response.

Community Member

AC Breakdown:
    Base 10
    Size 01
    Dodge 01
    Two-weapon defense 01
    Bullwork 01
    Pally aura 01
    Dexterity 07
    Wisdom 04
    Combat expertise 05
    Subtotal 31
    Items:
    Icy Raiment 08
    Alchemical Ritual 01
    Armor Bracers 07
    Chattering ring 03
    Greensteel insight 04
    Subtotal 54
    Miscellaneous buffs:
    Barksin 03
    Haste 01
    Total 58 (Duel wielding khopeshes) [59 AC if you obtain a +3 dexterity tome]
    Point of interest. 8 icy rainment AC comes from 4 armor bonus and 4 dodge. The armor bonus will NOT stack with the one from your armor bracers, dropping this AC down to 55, with CE on. Since youll never be using CE while your DPSing, your dps AC is going to be 50. Pretty innefectual.

As for healing, any character with full UMD for heal scrolls is better.

Rogue 13/Ranger6/1??? is one of, if not THE, strongest dps builds in the game, and will still have said UMD. Built right with 1MNK lvl, the AC easily will be mid 60s. I believe some characters built on this model have broken 100AC.
    Last edited by Shroonith; 05-01-2009 at 11:38 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast