Default new guild for 3.5 lovers

I have started up a new guild for people wanting to play ddo as if it was 3.5. Which means no enhancements we will only use are feats skills and stat points. No AH but vendors and pawnshops are ok since there are usually people selling stuff in town in a pnp game. No gearing out or passing down money to the toon only what we find or get enough money to buy.

This is not a permadeath guild as we will most likely end up dieing often when we get to mid lvl and higher quests :P Shrines are fine as well as rezzing out of a quest.

I am mostly starting this quild to test our ability to see how we can do without enhancements.

The guild name is III V My toons name is Frapp. Feel free to look me up or send me a tell here or in game if you have any questions.

I am also the the leader of solid so for you people out there that run with us from time to time know how we like to move through quests for those that never run with us well. We like to zerg through a quest but not in a bad way. We try to zerg smartly through trying to keep a balance on speed and money spent. We mostly like cool laid back people that know how to play the game.

Im not sure how slow we will end up going through quests with no enhancements and no twinked out gear but I doubt we will be dungeon crawler friendly.

Like I said if you are interested in running this type of guild feel free to contact me. Also the guild will be guild runs only no puggers because how are you going to test out the game with no enhancements if you bring in people into a pug group that do have all that gear and enhancements :P

I usually play around 2:30 am central to 6 am central.

What about the PrEs?

In 3.5 you can take prestige classes, and these are represented in DDO by PrEs. I would suggest allowing any enhancements that are prereqs of a prestige class but absolutely no others.
    Quote Originally Posted by Philam View Post
    I nominate you as head developer of DDO!
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    That tears it. I need to get a donkey.
    Concentrated power is the enemy of liberty - Ronald Reagan

Well I would think that for the purpose of pre's that untill your guy got high enough lvl to take a pre then no enhancements untill then and, only the enhancements that are absolutely required for that pre. For the most part the guild has plenty of time to grow and decisions to be made about those kind of things. Most likely it would be held to a vote with everyone in the guild.

I dont see the point in letting a toon take enhancements for a pre untill they are of lvl witht the right feats to get the pre though. And who knows if they guild grows and the people like how its played they may not want the pre's. Im not going to force people one way or the other untill we have to cross that bridge. Right now its not that big of a concern to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by twoton View Post
    Well I would think that for the purpose of pre's that untill your guy got high enough lvl to take a pre then no enhancements untill then and, only the enhancements that are absolutely required for that pre. For the most part the guild has plenty of time to grow and decisions to be made about those kind of things. Most likely it would be held to a vote with everyone in the guild.

I dont see the point in letting a toon take enhancements for a pre untill they are of lvl witht the right feats to get the pre though. And who knows if they guild grows and the people like how its played they may not want the pre's. Im not going to force people one way or the other untill we have to cross that bridge. Right now its not that big of a concern to be honest.
    Your ideas interest me and I would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

newsletter? I never said I had a newsletter :P but yes it will be a interesting project. I am hopeing it works out are you a late night player or even have a open toon slot? Most people that I know either dont play late or are going to have to free up a toon slot to join :P

Community Member

I have started up a new guild for people wanting to play ddo as if it was 3.5.
    Good.

Which means no enhancements we will only use are feats skills and stat points.
    Bad.

No AH
    Good..

but vendors and pawnshops are ok since there are usually people selling stuff in town in a pnp game.
    Bad (if you mean it's OK to buy from brokers and to buy magic from vendors).

No gearing out or passing down money to the toon only what we find or get enough money to buy.
    Good.

This is not a permadeath guild as we will most likely end up dieing often when we get to mid lvl and higher quests :P Shrines are fine as well as rezzing out of a quest.
    Good.

I am mostly starting this quild to test our ability to see how we can do without enhancements.
    Bad.

The guild name is III V My toons name is Frapp. Feel free to look me up or send me a tell here or in game if you have any questions.
    I would be interested, were it not for the "bad." Oh, well. Good luck.

newsletter? I never said I had a newsletter :P but yes it will be a interesting project. I am hopeing it works out are you a late night player or even have a open toon slot? Most people that I know either dont play late or are going to have to free up a toon slot to join :P
    I have had a toon that has had the proverbial axe over his head for a while now, this may be enough to bring it down. As for my playtimes I play usually between 7:30 PM and 1 AM EST (6:30 PM-midnight CST)

Default Another Idea For You

Take a look at multiclassing and XP penalties, and have your members holding their levels until the appropriate amount of XP is gained.
    Cache - Katet
    In the words of the immortal Ryu - "See ya Suckas!"
    Code:
    Welcome back Gunga
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenrisulven6 View Post
    What a word weasel.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Accelerando View Post
    Take a look at multiclassing and XP penalties, and have your members holding their levels until the appropriate amount of XP is gained.
    I'm not a fan of that (not that it matters since I have no connection to this guild). Arbitrary limitations on character advancement just seem so ... arbitrary.

Quote Originally Posted by branmakmuffin View Post
    I'm not a fan of that (not that it matters since I have no connection to this guild). Arbitrary limitations on character advancement just seem so ... arbitrary.
    Its not exactly arbitrary when it is a part of the 3.5 ruleset, which the OP seems interested in attempting to adhere to.
    Cache - Katet
    In the words of the immortal Ryu - "See ya Suckas!"
    Code:
    Welcome back Gunga
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenrisulven6 View Post
    What a word weasel.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Accelerando View Post
    Its not exactly arbitrary when it is a part of the 3.5 ruleset, which the OP seems interested in attempting to adhere to.
    I'm all in favor of people starting guilds with any ruleset they want. But remember, the XP penalties for multiclassing only apply in certain instances.

as far as making people hold off on lvling for multiclassing I would leave it up to the person. I think most people would not be in favor of it. If a person joins and wants to take it to that point they could but I dont think we would make every person do it.

This guild is a first for me on putting restrictions on what people can and cant do and I really dont know how hard quests will be as we lvl up without enhancements. So I dont want to make it so restricted that we cant even bet a quest when we hit lvl 8 or so. You have to remember how much stuff we lose out on when you give up enhancements.

rethinking the whole pre's because you would have to spend like 64 or even more ap's to even get to the pre's.