Default Arcane Archer/Spellsinger

Looking for some feedback on my new Arcane Archer. I know she will not have the Ranger Cap stone for the ranger speed buff but I am hoping the extra utility (Buffs, Traps and UMD) along with the ability to be a backup healer with the extra spell points will make me more rounded then a pure DPS ranger.

One concern with the build is that I split Jump and Concentration. Should I focus on one more than the other? I am hoping to spend my time avoiding being hit then having to depend on concentration to get my heals off. I am leaning towards dumping concentration and just putting the extra points in jump.

As an elf with Arcanum and Spellsinger do I have enough spell points to be a good healer and not just a buff bot?

Code:
    Character Plan by DDO Character Planner Version 3.00
    DDO Character Planner Home Page

Level 16 True Neutral Elf Female
    (2 Rogue \ 1 Wizard \ 13 Bard) 
    Hit Points: 130
    Spell Points: 880 
    BAB: 10\10\15\20
    Fortitude: 5
    Reflex: 16
    Will: 9

Starting          Feat/Enhancement
                     Base Stats          Modified Stats
    Abilities        (Level 1)             (Level 16)
    Strength              8                     8
    Dexterity            16                    20
    Constitution         12                    12
    Intelligence         16                    16
    Wisdom                8                     8
    Charisma             14                    20

Starting          Feat/Enhancement
                     Base Skills         Modified Skills
    Skills           (Level 1)            (Level 16)
    Balance               7                     9
    Bluff                 2                     5
    Concentration         3                    13
    Diplomacy             6                     9
    Disable Device        7                    22
    Haggle                6                     9
    Heal                 -1                    -1
    Hide                  3                     5
    Intimidate            2                     5
    Jump                  3                    12
    Listen               -1                     1
    Move Silently         3                     5
    Open Lock             7                     9
    Perform               n/a                  24
    Repair                3                     3
    Search                7                    24
    Spot                  3                    20
    Swim                 -1                    -1
    Tumble                7                     9
    Use Magic Device      6                    26

Level 1 (Rogue)
    Feat: (Selected) Point Blank Shot

Level 2 (Bard)
    Spell (1): Cure Light Wounds

Level 3 (Bard)
    Feat: (Selected) Rapid Shot
    Spell (1): Focusing Chant

Level 4 (Bard)
    Ability Raise: CHA
    Spell (1): Expeditious Retreat

Level 5 (Bard)
    Spell (2): Blur
    Spell (2): Cure Moderate Wounds

Level 6 (Wizard)
    Feat: (Wizard Bonus) Extend Spell
    Feat: (Selected) Precise Shot
    Spell (1): Jump
    Spell (1): Nightshield
    Spell (1): Feather Fall

Level 7 (Bard)
    Spell (1): Hypnotism
    Spell (2): Heroism

Level 8 (Bard)

Level 9 (Bard)
    Feat: (Selected) Weapon Focus: Ranged Weapons
    Spell (2): Glitterdust
    Spell (3): Cure Serious Wounds
    Spell (3): Haste

Level 10 (Rogue)

Level 11 (Bard)
    Spell (3): Good Hope

Level 12 (Bard)
    Ability Raise: DEX
    Feat: (Selected) Manyshot

Level 13 (Bard)
    Spell (3): Displacement
    Spell (4): Cure Critical Wounds
    Spell (4): Freedom of Movement

Level 14 (Bard)
    Spell (4): Otto's Sphere of Dancing

Level 15 (Bard)
    Feat: (Selected) Improved Critical: Ranged Weapons

Level 16 (Bard)
    Spell (4): Dimension Door
    Spell (5): Greater Heroism
    Spell (5): Shadow Walk
    Enhancement: Rogue Skill Boost I
    Enhancement: Spellsinger I
    Enhancement: Elven Arcanum I
    Enhancement: Elven Arcanum II
    Enhancement: Elven Arcanum III
    Enhancement: Elven Arcanum IV
    Enhancement: Elven Dexterity I
    Enhancement: Elven Dexterity II
    Enhancement: Elf Ranged Attack I
    Enhancement: Elf Ranged Attack II
    Enhancement: Elven Arcane Archer I
    Enhancement: Elven Arcane Archer: Conjure +2 Arrows
    Enhancement: Elven Arcane Archer: Force Arrow
    Enhancement: Bard Concentration I
    Enhancement: Bard Concentration II
    Enhancement: Bard Lyric of Song I
    Enhancement: Bard Song Magic I
    Enhancement: Bard Song Magic II
    Enhancement: Bard Energy of the Music I
    Enhancement: Bard Energy of the Music II
    Enhancement: Bard Energy of the Music III
    Enhancement: Bard Energy of the Music IV
    Enhancement: Bard Charisma I
    Enhancement: Bard Charisma II
    Enhancement: Bard Charisma III
    Enhancement: Rogue Dexterity I

This could be an interesting build given the synergy between the classes you have chosen. I like the available skill points ... you could conceivably fill multiple rolls in a group such as trapsmith/buffer/healer and crowd control plus maybe light backup dps. I usually tell people to play what they want and this is no exception, but I will say I think you have too many combat feats.

Focusing on bow damage is tricky, even for rangers. They at least get the ranged feats for free (especially bow strength). Repeater is a good option for this type of bard, but some hardcore elves scoff at the weapon lol. If youre hell bent on using the bow mainly then keep point blank and rapid shot. Maybe WF:Ranged but i think its a waste of a feat for just +1 to hit with bows. Manyshot might work. Not sure Id blow a feat on precise shot given all the bows around that can give you that for free.

I suggest feats like emp healing, toughness, heighten, SF:umd will be more useful to you. Keep a few points in jump but i would make sure concentration is maxed especially if you go without quicken. Just my thoughts.

Thanks for the input.

Weapon focus Ranged is a requirement for Arcane Archer. I can see dropping Precise shot for +3 to UMD.

They other way that I can see this build going would be a halfing with the Dragonmarks and throwing instead of the Arcane archer. Quick Draw would replace Rapidshot and point blank and would also help for scroll swapping with UMD. I would have a free hand to equip a shield or secpter as needed. The spell points I save with the Dragonmarks for healing could go towards more crowd control. Granted I would loose the extra spellpoints from Arcanum and Arcane Archer. I would also loose the extra attacks from many shot and the added dps from Arcane archer.

I think overall the Halfling would be a better build just less dps and more utility. Thing is I already have a Dragonmarked Halfling andI just lover the concept of an Arcane Archer. I might just have to roll both.

Quote Originally Posted by Arovin View Post
    Thanks for the input.

Weapon focus Ranged is a requirement for Arcane Archer. I can see dropping Precise shot for +3 to UMD.

They other way that I can see this build going would be a halfing with the Dragonmarks and throwing instead of the Arcane archer. Quick Draw would replace Rapidshot and point blank and would also help for scroll swapping with UMD. I would have a free hand to equip a shield or secpter as needed. The spell points I save with the Dragonmarks for healing could go towards more crowd control. Granted I would loose the extra spellpoints from Arcanum and Arcane Archer. I would also loose the extra attacks from many shot and the added dps from Arcane archer.

I think overall the Halfling would be a better build just less dps and more utility. Thing is I already have a Dragonmarked Halfling andI just lover the concept of an Arcane Archer. I might just have to roll both.
    How is WF:Ranged a requirement for Arcane Archer? I could very well be missing something here, but that requirement is only for the Ranger Specialization "Arcane Archer", right? What you are wanting to build is technically an arcane archer, but not THE arcane archer ranger spec.

I too am looking into building an AA via Bard. Basically, I started looking into Bards and what sort of secondary role they can play. I want a spellsinger (not a melee character) and it seems some form of AA be a good help for this idea.

I am still planning this out . . .

The ranger spec arcane archer is available to elves of any class at level 9 not just rangers as long as you meet the requirements. Compendium link

Quote Originally Posted by Arovin View Post
    The ranger spec arcane archer is available to elves of any class at level 9 not just rangers as long as you meet the requirements. Compendium link
    Aha! That makes more sense.

I use ddo.enterwiki.net as a primary resource, but it seems it has a number of shortcomings. (This ain't the first time something has been off.)

So - what is your main reason for wanting THE Arcane Archer? Basically unlimited ammo? True Strike? Force Arrows? (How often can true Strike be used?) In looking at the AA, I don't see a compelling reason to go that route, except for concept reasons.

I got one more level to go on my Ranger hybrid to get Improved Precise Shot - that with Many Shot (and a couple of good bows) should be interesting. This is also a combo I'd like to have on an Arcane Archer, but that is a lot of feats . . . maybe 3 lvls of fighter would help with the martial feats.

Quote Originally Posted by chrichton View Post
    Aha! That makes more sense.

I use ddo.enterwiki.net as a primary resource, but it seems it has a number of shortcomings. (This ain't the first time something has been off.)

So - what is your main reason for wanting THE Arcane Archer? Basically unlimited ammo? True Strike? Force Arrows? (How often can true Strike be used?) In looking at the AA, I don't see a compelling reason to go that route, except for concept reasons.

I got one more level to go on my Ranger hybrid to get Improved Precise Shot - that with Many Shot (and a couple of good bows) should be interesting. This is also a combo I'd like to have on an Arcane Archer, but that is a lot of feats . . . maybe 3 lvls of fighter would help with the martial feats.
    AA is mostly for concept but with the changes coming to Force Arrows I think it could really add to overall ranged dps even without the ranger speed bonus. The devs have also stated that they are planning on adding more arrow based spell effects such as fireball.

To the O.P.,

I am certainly no uber leet player but have to warn you that based upon your HP and SP at level 16, you are going to have some major survival issues. You should strive to find a way to get your hit points much closer to 300+. Also, on any difficult end game runs you are going to be very low on mana in a supporting healing role. You will most likely be scrolling heals and/or reconstruct, but the cool down timers on these scrolls will kill your effectiveness. The type of glancing blows you must withstand will require substantially more than 130-200 hp. Just some food for thought after getting my own toons into similar positions.