Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New named loot!

Community Member RavenStormclaw's Avatar

Default New named loot!

Everybody has jumped on the changes to w/p and such but just wanted to point out I find it very interesting that new named loots has been added to: Dreams of Insanity, And the Dead Shall rise, the whole Threnal series and the Necropolis. Seems there's reason to run them again. I wonder what they will be? Also I find the new korthos robe and the new robe in catacombs interesting...adding +1 and +2 to caster level for first level spells....i see the duality robe being in high demand....add 3rd level can cast 5th level niacs....let the good loot role!

Relic of the Last War
    Scholar of Adventure
    Founder

I noticed these but I wanted to continue watching the rain fall on Camp WoP.

You're right -- new loots are addicting attactions.

+X Holy Avenger *coughs*

We get new named loot in every mod. Nothing new and really not all that exciting.

i'm really excited for the addtions to both of those quests: insanity and dead shall rise.

both are very well done quests, and a blast to run. But the difficulty for the level and experience/reward for way out of whack. interesting rare items to both of these would make them very desirable.
    Shadowsteel [TR train wreck]

Quote Originally Posted by Kawiki View Post
    We get new named loot in every mod. Nothing new and really not all that exciting.
    ran the desert in the past few mods?

And making bound loot from lower level quest chains Bind on Account is nice too.
    Ghostbane Ghostbane Ghostbane Ghostbane Ghostbane Ghostbane Ghostbane Ghostbane Ghostbane Ghostbane Ghostbane Ghostbane Ghostbane Ghostbane Ghostbane Ghostbane Ghostbane Ghostbane GhostbaneGhostbane Ghostbane Ghostbane Ghostbane Ghostbane Ghostbane Ghostbane Ghostbane Ghostbane Ghostbane Ghostbane Ghostbane Ghostbane Ghostbane Ghostbane

Quote Originally Posted by BlackSteel View Post
    ran the desert in the past few mods?
    Yeah, I've also been on the grind for shroud and DT "named" Items. Did ya really think we'd see no new grind loot in the new mod?????

hows that different from anything else? other mmo's included

either crafting & collecting ingredients
    rare drop chance
    random selection
    or split among the party for dibs

or a collection of any or all of the above

Quote Originally Posted by BlackSteel View Post
    hows that different from anything else? other mmo's included

either crafting & collecting ingredients
    rare drop chance
    random selection
    or split among the party for dibs

or a collection of any or all of the above
    Ummm... Exactly. My point is, its nothing NEW.

Quote Originally Posted by Kawiki View Post
    Yeah but not usually retroactive to some very old quest chains. Could be some very nice items in there. You can't argue that the robes are not very exciting. +1 and then +2 to your caster level. This is actually a good change. I test all of my new creations via soloing korthos. Give me a very good idea of their performace. Casters have a hard time soloing korthos especially misery's peak becasue of low damage vs high number of mobs at once. Having +1 to caster level will really help and hey who doesn't want their 3rd level sorc thowing 3 magic missles instead of 2....duality robes will help you there. Actually from a low level standpoint there is now a reason to run the catacombs!

Quote Originally Posted by Kistilan View Post
    I noticed these but I wanted to continue watching the rain fall on Camp WoP.

You're right -- new loots are addicting attactions.

+X Holy Avenger *coughs*
    Yeah read thru several of those thread decided not to get involved and moved on. What's done is done. Decided to focus on the positives like the new loot in lower level quests, the robes, and oh yea the spellcasting enhancing pots clickes everyone sells cause what the hey is 30 seconds gonna do ya.....now 3 mintues.....bet those clickie items are now worth something.

Over the course of the module there is a ton of new loot to be found in Module 9.

In overview, there are 32 new named items in the capped dungeons with an additional 32 pieces of named loot in Raid Content.

Raid loot while having its own inherent properties, can be augmented to further customize it to your character.

Additionally, there have been changes and updates to loot in a number of locations including:
    • The Black Abbot
    • Dead Shall Rise
    • Dreams of Insanity
    • ... and others!
    Last edited by Tharagrim; 04-07-2009 at 11:20 AM. Reason: Clarified upon request

Quote Originally Posted by Tharagrim View Post
    Over the course of the module there is a ton of new loot to be found in Module 9.

In overview, there are 32 new named items in the capped dungeons with an additional 32 pieces of named loot in the Raid itself.

The raid loot while having its own inherent properties, can be augmented to further customize it to your character.

Additionally, there have been changes and updates to loot in a number of locations including:
    • The Black Abbot
    • Dead Shall Rise
    • Dreams of Insanity
    • ... and others!

So we're only getting one raid with the new content?
    Last edited by Shyver; 04-07-2009 at 11:16 AM.
    Archangels
    ~Shyvik~
    Old school Tharashk player since '06

In overview, there are 32 new named items in the capped dungeons with an additional 32 pieces of named loot in the Raid itself.

The raid loot while having its own inherent properties, can be augmented to further customize it to your character.

• The Black Abbot
    • Dead Shall Rise
    • Dreams of Insanity
    • ... and others!

32 new named loot and 32 peice of named loot in the raid itself? I can't be the only one excited about this. Thanks for the new info Tharagrim!!!
    Proud Leader of the Shadowhand.

A is A. -John Galt

Not to parse too much here.. are you saying there is only one raid in mod 9, or just that one raid is included in the places you find these items?
    <|| “Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch’entrate.” ||>
    AEsahaettr | AlfredSartan | Botharel | PeterMurphy | Weesham etc.

• The Black Abbot
    • Dead Shall Rise
    • Dreams of Insanity
    • ... and others!

w00t! tyvm!

However, I don't think the Doom Llama will ride off into the sunset until folks have a chance to go and explore the new Mod 9 features...the nerfs are very visible, but the really cool stuff that Mod 9 brings isn't as apparent until folks go in and tinker.

Hopefully, once we get in there and look around a little, this guy will go away:

Brenna, Tzanna, and Tzinna Wavekin
    The Dancing Rogues of Argonnessen
    Ascent

WikiGnome

Wow! That's... quite something.
    Do you mean that the 32 pieces from the raid can be further customized?
    • The Black Abbot
    • Dead Shall Rise
    • Dreams of Insanity
    Ok. That's just beyond cruel.
    DDOwiki.com, #1 source for DDO information.

Quote Originally Posted by Quanefel View Post
    32 new named loot and 32 peice of named loot in the raid itself? I can't be the only one excited about this. Thanks for the new info Tharagrim!!!
    Looking forward most of all to the 32 named items in the level 20 quests...

Unlike Meridia quests, there'll be a reason to rerun them!
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

WikiGnome

Quote Originally Posted by Shyver View Post
    So we're only getting one raid with the new content?
    Theoretically, there is two since the Abbot may be playable again. Plus, they used "raid zone" which is what they used to describe the Shroud.
    DDOwiki.com, #1 source for DDO information.

Quote Originally Posted by Borror0 View Post
    Do you mean that the 32 pieces from the raid can be further customized?
    Yes indeed!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast