Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation TURBINE WE NEED A GUIDE by DEVS

Let me start by saying I have played since launch. I LOVE DDO AND ITS THE ONLY MMORPG I have ever played. It took dnd to get me to play. And reguardless if the game evolves the way ( I ) would like. Im here to stay.

With that said. I have tried to understand my own troubles as well as others troubles, I have talked to nice casual players, I play with zergers and all the many types of players. Outside of those who have excellent memory recall,can pull up maps ect. while they play or the ones who have the best of the best cpu builds.

The way I see it is. YOUR LOOSING PLAYERS to their own ignorance.(myself included).

Not in the way of membership. But in the way of PERCENTAGE OF PARTY LEADERS. POPL. And it causes many different problems.

(Let me pause here and say flame on if you want Im just trying to be a better player and help other be as well)

THE BIGGEST PROBLEM - MAN CHOOSE NOT TO LEAD A PARTY AND YOU HAVE LIKE 5%
    OF THE TOTAL POPULATION THATS ON AT ANY TIME THAT "CAN" LEAD.

You can argue the case about play time. But this isnt the issue.

I will give the best example I can now. (Im hoping others will voice there agreement here).

RECENTLY I have taken interest in THE ORCHARD and THE ABBOT.On a personal note, I have always tried my best to help those I can and my guild.

SO I took the task of learning the Pre reqs for the abbot. "here is my first point" out of the 25 players I have gone with 5 knew we needed to do the quests and only 2 knew
    HOW TO ACHIEVE THE OBJECTIVE. When I asked the One player. How he figured the quest "SEQUENCE" out (INFERNO OF THE DAMNED). He replied WE had to do this 10 times. (I know of others that needed 50). Reguardless DONT LOOSE THE POINT. Oh and BTW . The we he spoke of was 4 good friends on together. Not a random group PUG.

Now. WE ALREADY HAVE AN ATTEMPT AT WHAT I/WE ARE ASKING FOR IN THE WIKI.

But it has not been maintained.

Now its neet,nice,great we have players who build guides. But Im sorrry to say. You all get paid for whatever you do. Can we not hire someone to put an:

IN FORUMS/QUEST SPECIFIC QUIDE/

Once again I'll say. I like to discover how and what to do as much as the next person.
    But when you have folks like me (insult me if you will) who still dont know how to complete a quest thats been out for a few months because he cant fons a central database to givem a clue. SOmethings wronge.

I will finish with this. Im not mad. But Iam certainly frustrated at not being able to have my research pay off.

Fact. In the INFERNO OF THE DAMNED. I HAD 6 GOOD PLAYERS/2 QUEST KNOWLEDGABLE PLAYERS/5 WHO DID THE QUEST BEFORE AND 2 OUT OF THEM WHO FINISHED IT.

FACT: WE SPENT 45 MINUTES IN THERE AND COULD NOT COMPLETE BECAUSE WE were unaware in any way that we needed to (first surround a certain enemy and then kill him in the same way we surrounded the portals) as well as needing to kill him in certain room.

Fact: If I/many others who want to lead, had a general overview GUIDE, THAT WE DIDNT HAVE TO SEARCH THE INTERNET FOR OR LOOK ANYWHERE OTHER THAN HERE.

MANY THINGS WOULD HAPPEN:

1) We would love the game more.
    2) We would be more willing to create groups/action
    3) We would do the quests more
    4) WE WOULD NOT WASTE TIME, GET AGGREVATED AND THUS AVOID THE QUEST(s)
    which should never be the case my precious.

Of coarse if a party is having a hard time the DM could toss a hint but thats a whole other can of worms.

I Just wish we had a general guide for SPECIFIC QUESTS is all IM ASKING>

In the world of the mice. We follow the maze built for us.

Hall of Famer & Hero DoctorWhofan's Avatar
    Tempest's Spine where my minions bow to my greatness

Sorry, Devs should be making quests. Players should be making guides. Make one if you want.
    +The Goddess of Tempest's Spine+Merc's Only, THELANIS: List is here: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...94#post2798094 LEGIONNAIRE /Salute to Rameses, He has RETURNED!

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorWhofan View Post
    Sorry, Devs should be making quests. Players should be making guides. Make one if you want.
    Agreed.

For me the game is about adventure and not a race against the clock.

Community Member

<easy button>

Hall of Famer & Hero DoctorWhofan's Avatar
    Tempest's Spine where my minions bow to my greatness

Quote Originally Posted by boldarblood View Post
    <easy button>
    Sorry, I didn't read it well. All those bold capital letters hurt my eyes.
    +The Goddess of Tempest's Spine+Merc's Only, THELANIS: List is here: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...94#post2798094 LEGIONNAIRE /Salute to Rameses, He has RETURNED!

If the issue is with the objectives being unclear or the DM text being obscure I would agree that those should be altered for clarity. However, in your situation with Inferno of the Damned, it is supposed to be maze-like. Its a selling feature of the quest.
    Server - Thelanis
    Diaries of a True Reincarnate (Wizard, Sorcerer, Melee, Divine, Artificer, Druid)

I don't think you have to use the teleport in Inferno to complete - it just gives you access to additional chests.

And if you want guides to quests - look here. Some people like working out the quest themselves and it shouldn't be the devs - I'd prefer them to make the quests

Garth

Garth 20/ftr (Kensei) Haeson 20/clr Cairis 12/ftr 6/rgr 2/rog Xortan 20/wiz
    Tinosa 20/brd Garthbot 20/fvs Gaarth 18/ftr 1/rgr 1/rog (Stal Def)
    Tibetan 20/mnk Automatic DDO raid timers Haezon 20/sor (Conj)

WikiGnome

Most of the quests are fairly easy. Stick to those.
    DDOwiki.com, #1 source for DDO information.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by willphase View Post
    I don't think you have to use the teleport in Inferno to complete - it just gives you access to additional chests.

And if you want guides to quests - look here. Some people like working out the quest themselves and it shouldn't be the devs - I'd prefer them to make the quests

Garth
    Willphase Ty Ive been kinda stuck on this or that this link helped me out,I went looking for something like this but couldnt find ty ty
    ~~The House of Caedes~~Thelanis Server~~Krune~~Krunex~~Krunem~~Krunez~~ & many more " You can have my Dwarven Axe ,When you pry it out of my cold dead hand"~~" May your foes lay at your feet & your coffers be full"~~

Default Hmm No Developing Chimes

Ok well Im glad this recieved some attention. Although not what I was hoping.

Maybe I targeted the wronge people working for DDO.

But just like WOW and Lotr. They have general guides.

I know all the points you all have made. But. Your missing the point. Ide love to have 3 or more uber friends to go and FIGURE quests out with. Unfortunately. That makes up the lesser of the population.

NO-ONE answered the point. Leading quests.

I was really hoping to hear from someone who actually works for ddo.

But hey thanks for the link. I do appretiate that. Sorry for all the capped text and the wall of text. But this is something thats been brewing quite a while.

Others who share my view would be a welcome sight. Thanks again for the input.

Feel free to state how often you lead a party and which you lead.

To the person who said stick to the easy quests. I usually end up in those after other failed attempts.

easy BUTTONS NOT WANTED. I guess my answer is focusing on those who do play when I do and just continue to grind.

Hail to mod 9. Developers should develope. But someone could do this.
    Last edited by paldera; 03-31-2009 at 08:56 PM.

Talking Mr.Cow

Quote Originally Posted by MrCow View Post
    If the issue is with the objectives being unclear or the DM text being obscure I would agree that those should be altered for clarity. However, in your situation with Inferno of the Damned, it is supposed to be maze-like. Its a selling feature of the quest.

I just wanted to send a notible thanks to you Mr. Cow

'lose' not 'loose'
    Altego - Alsace - Archfoe - Astronort - Asylum - Aurorah - Austral - Australis - Autechre - Axiis - Decipher - Dreadnort - Frightfully So
    - Irukandjii - Tarantula - Tekmek - Ultranort
    [ Stormreach Thieves' Guild - Khyber ]

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by paldera View Post
    THE BIGGEST PROBLEM - MAN CHOOSE NOT TO LEAD A PARTY AND YOU HAVE LIKE 5%
    OF THE TOTAL POPULATION THATS ON AT ANY TIME THAT "CAN" LEAD.
    That is incorrect.

In reality, there are many many players on who can lead you through whatever quest is needed. The real problem is that those players don't necessarily have a character of the correct level.

It's only natural that people with experience doing those quests will also have gotten experience points to level up their characters. They've been playing for a while and aren't likely to have a lot of low/mid level guys available.

To improve this situation, Turbine could add a way for players to load a lower-level character than they're entitled, either by temporarily de-leveling their own characters, or selecting a pre-generated build from a roster.

Paldera

In all honesty mate, if you think people are leaving because they dont have guides or good leaders for quests, then me thinks you need you may be a bit loopy

They are leaving for alot of other reasons other than that, but I wont go into it on this thread.

Personally, I find nothing more enjoyable than running a quest for the first time, and as a party trying to figure your way through it.

Did you ever play PnP? I bet the DM never helped you in that!

DDO is based on role playing (I cant stand role playing in game FYI), but the point is, you are a party in a quest for the first time, figuring out what needs to be done is fantastic and a BIG part of Dungeons and Dragons in any format!

I kindly suggest you play Age of empires or something, then you can out in cheats and get guides and everything, leave the adventuring to us.

The problem with online gaming, is that content cannot be released quick enough, no fault of anyone just the facts.

I have stated many times before that I would love to see TURBINE release an expansion disc more so than downloading modules. I would gladly pay $50 or more so dollars to buy a expansion disc to this game. This will be the only way to keep DDO going in the furture, and get it the attention it deserves.

As much as I hate to say it, World of Warcraft have got it right in that instance.

How can ya go wrong with Ozzy plugging ya game for ya
    Leader of Heaven's Fury

Alts: Deval, Raydin, Banshee, Valakai, Vampiric, Damned, Sheriff, Witchking, Undeath
    Thelanis since April 06

Cool Example A

Ok so sound off. Insult me politly. But yet again. Did inferno again and it took 1.5 hours.

Alright so maybe it was because we lost 3 sorcs in a matter of 30 minutes. But still.

Even though Im learning the Quest.(and I like conquering quest as much as the next person) We invited a sorc who had Mr. Cows map in hand> As I said I cannot pull up a map while in game. Although I have been printing them out latly.

We lost sorc one to DC. Which brings up a stranger thing Mr. Baggins. LOL We invited another true sorc who new the quest reall well and we began to burn through it. (which is another leader problem dont tell me you can remember the name of a street when your going 100 miles an hour past it. HA HA.)

Like I say he was taking us through it great when all of a sudden. DC. We had two more guardians to kill and no SORC to deal out cone of cold/ we did however have a umd rogue who I told to buy some scrolls. But, and if you know inferno, we had to recall and go back through the entire quest to get to the next enemy. EVERYONE WAS HATING the quest and agreed with me. That we should have had some assistance at this point. SO ok create a mechanism to help at certain points. ONCE AGAIN, not everone needs this type of help but those who do dont have it. Oh and BTW. I wasn't saying people were leaving the game. But loosing interest or better put. NOT having as much as they Could.

As long as this post is, well that is as long as it took us.Feel my pain?

So finally had another Sorc come in which at this point the group goes into what I call Butt kisser mode. Thanking the player who gets little if any XP and not alot of loot, hopefully a piece he needs, praising him for saving us. From what. Ignorance.

Well anyway. I got my number 3 sigil out of there and even I. Would rather not do the quest again.

There are your real life facts. All who know that quest, enjoy. As for me. I regret to say I wont be helping anyone in there any time soon. Much less do the quest myself.

As much as I would like to lead this quest. There isnt what I or a major part of the pop needs to LEAD this quest.

BTW. Ide like a list of players/groups that figured quest out for the first time. Im yet to meet one who didnt get said info from some infinate downline they do not even know.

I personally think the player/developers get in groups that discover the undiscoverable.

I mean there are some parts to quests where I/many others say. Hmmm thats cool. But how the He)) did you figure that out.

For Now. Iam Still awaiting a developers response.

Oh and BTW I love DDO so dont put me with all the others who complain about leaving the game.
    Last edited by paldera; 04-04-2009 at 10:05 AM.

Did you ever play PnP? I bet the DM never helped you in that!

I kindly suggest you play Age of empires or something, then you can out in cheats and get guides and everything, leave the adventuring to us.

I have friends who play. I play DDO and so Im thinking the odds of me discussing PNP with other players is pretty high and the general idea is THE GENERAL IDEA> PNP or DDO.

As for your other comment. I dont appretiate you comming in here and trying to suggest I leave. Im sure DDO doesn't encourage that either.

So Kindly refrain from the personal attacks sir.

Other than that kewl. Oh and since you mentioned WOW. Ive always shot that down.

Of coarse all Ive ever known is ddo. And for my part Im glad to say so.

Oh BTW Mr. Cow. I have been passing out your link to all my friends new and old. SO thanks for the extra work youv'e done.

If you really search the forums there is a ton of info on completion of most quests.
    Most times they arent in guide form, even the arguements can bear you fruit if you read them. Eventually you will have done these problem quests enough times trying to figure them, and then youll know them quite well!
    Sarlona- Sorcia

Officer of EMPIRE

Can you please show me where developers have written guides for the quests in LoTRO and WoW?

I have never even heard of that happening in all of my years.

I think what you are asking for, and who you are asking for it from is just plain silly, personally.
    [Founder/Leader of the Bloodlords of Argonnesen]
    [DaveyKhealerAcapellaParlospiGodithGearey Gygax]

Edit: I just read your trips through Inferno of the Damned. The one tip which you probably could have used (that there is no hint about, which I'd file as a valid issue) is that all those mephits that respawn all the time do so for a reason. You can use the fire mephits to light torches (when they do fire breath) and the air mephits to extinguish the torches (when they do air breath).

Quote Originally Posted by paldera
    Oh BTW Mr. Cow. I have been passing out your link to all my friends new and old. SO thanks for the extra work youv'e done.
    May wanna redirect the thanks to willphase, as he posted the link to Lost Leader's quest guides.

Quote Originally Posted by paldera
    NO-ONE answered the point. Leading quests.
    This is more of a social/community problem than it is a pre-knowledge issue. Leading takes a personal skill set that some folks don't want to commit to using when in DDO.
    Last edited by MrCow; 04-04-2009 at 10:37 AM.
    Server - Thelanis
    Diaries of a True Reincarnate (Wizard, Sorcerer, Melee, Divine, Artificer, Druid)

Quote Originally Posted by paldera View Post
    Even though Im learning the Quest.(and I like conquering quest as much as the next person) We invited a sorc who had Mr. Cows map in hand> As I said I cannot pull up a map while in game. Although I have been printing them out latly.
    Try this: http://rogue.gotgame.com/
    970 sp and counting
    Help Fix Ranged Combat for Everyone. Come help complete the DDO Wiki

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast