Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

i say we kill the messenger!! let's all challenge tolero in front of the subtarranean!!

/sarcasm off

seriously i like this though, adds to the game overall
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    The "" emoticon typically suggests that humor is intended.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenBrother View Post
    You meen people that are smarter then you
    Yes, people who are smarter than me care so much about trivialities like this.

Quote Originally Posted by juniorpfactors View Post
    or maybe we should make about 20-25 new quests...pvp and everything associated is a failure and waist of developer time

jrp
    More than likely this was done by the UI team (person?), and most of the pieces were there in the backend already, just skipping the need to talk to Jackson Laws.
    So if they had redirected this developer off of the UI team for the duration of this task and onto the content team, I would imagine it would have amounted to about 5-10% of 1 quest.

Vordax

Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first. - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    It takes you to the arenas you can access through Jackson Laws (plus the new Shavarath one). If you challenge someone in the Marketplace, you enter the arena, and when your match is over, you're back in the Market. If you were in Gianthold, you'd enter the arena, then when the match is over, you're back in Gianthold.
    :[

Without the core "VET" players this game would be no more... new blood tends to come and go quickly... I would more over want to build a core of committed players than please the frindge that doesn't hange around.
    That's what most vets believe in any mmo, but sadly it's just plain untrue.

What you see on forums in any game is the vocal minority, we have what, maybe 100 repeat posters who think they are the voice of the mmo? It's just plainly untrue.
    __________________________________________________ _
    My Grandfather once dated Madonna. Right around WWII.

Community Member juniorpfactors's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordax View Post
    More than likely this was done by the UI team (person?), and most of the pieces were there in the backend already, just skipping the need to talk to Jackson Laws.
    So if they had redirected this developer off of the UI team for the duration of this task and onto the content team, I would imagine it would have amounted to about 5-10% of 1 quest.

Vordax
    I would take it

jrp

Community Member

We're pleased to introduce in Mod 9: the challenge system!
    As others have mentioned, it provides minimal value to the game. However, hopefully it didn't take much programmer effort to accomplish. (Stuff like this shouldn't be hard)

Rather than convincing your foe to run all the way to a PvP tavern to duke it out, you can now just select the player directly, and on your inspect orb, click the "challenge" symbol. This will allow you and your enemy to be transported to a PvP arena of your choice from anywhere in the game!
    It would be pretty cool if players could choose to become hostile to each other in areas of their choosing, including quests. It would be amusing to see some parties attempting to win a dungeon with Friendly Fire activated.

If you'd like to have a match up with other random players, Jackson Laws is still available in the PvP taverns, and the open-brawl Tavern pits are still available at the Phoenix, Hammersmith, Wayward Lobster, and Open Palm.
    The house P tavern was never activated for PvP, even though a bouncer NPC (ogre) was added in module 3.

In addition to the normal death-match arena, a new Shavarath themed death-match arena has been added!
    Each new module should have included a pvp room in one of the new taverns.

Filled with traps and things to avoid bumping into, it can really add a whole new level of difficulty for your duel as you try not to be done in by your enemy AND your environment!
    Be warned that the experience of the WOW devs shows that players tend to hate trap-filled pvp zones.

You meen people that are smarter then you
    isn't it mean?

Quote Originally Posted by noilli View Post
    Yes, people who are smarter than me care so much about trivialities like this.
    This is a forum... if we can't make our feeling known about a subject then why bother having user input. I hate this concept and I make my feelings known. If you like it you should stop wasting time and post that you like it and why. If there is an overwhelming positive feedback then this would not be wasted dev time...but...why don't you take some time and see how people feel before you try to troll. People who post for the sake of berating or putting down others or just to insite a reaction are very pathetic indeed.

It takes you to the arenas you can access through Jackson Laws (plus the new Shavarath one). If you challenge someone in the Marketplace, you enter the arena, and when your match is over, you're back in the Market. If you were in Gianthold, you'd enter the arena, then when the match is over, you're back in Gianthold.
    Lame. Burst my dreams of easy travel. :-P

It's cool for people that like PvP. I just don't see the point. I'd rather run a quest, or a loot run, or... organize my inventory. :-)

Brand / Commerce Manager Tolero's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordax View Post

Vordax
    Something tells me you don't want Phax designing your quests

"Ok so there's this pie right...and you have to defend it from these kobolds...and then it turns blue...and...."

(I kid...love to Phax )

Quote Originally Posted by juniorpfactors View Post
    Qft
    Qft
    Qft

i did post it 3 times, I actually cant believe, they just dont seem to get it, its like a bird who just keeps flying into the window at full speed. they never will seem to understand and duplicate the few sucessful modules and build on them, they continually keep adding to failure

jrp
    Not to mention this spam is eerily similar to what the general tab is going to look like after this change.

Without the core "VET" players this game would be no more... new blood tends to come and go quickly... I would more over want to build a core of committed players than please the frindge that doesn't hange around.
    that is an assupmtion that has no actual proof to support it, while the "CORE" vet players may make up a large portion of the forums, the percentage of hardcore vets could be actually a small percentage of the actuall paying playerbase. Only Turbine has those numbers, and I am sure they use them to make the decisions on what gets put in the game and what people want
    Fallen former minion of the Gelatinous Cube
    Proud Member of Ascent
    Arko Highstar
    Arckos Highstar

Hatchery Founder
    2014 DDO Players Council

All in all, a decent improvement. I look forward to using this in the downtime between quests.
    RedShirt / Roleplayer of Giant Slayers, Inc. on Thelanis, formerly Tharashk.
    Member of the DDO Player Council

Coldin-Artificer; Lynton-Bard; Alydyn-Swashbuckler;
    Takai-
    Monk; Rosein-Paladin; Ellyiana-Cleric; Aurixs-Sorcerer

Something tells me you don't want Phax designing your quests

"Ok so there's this pie right...and you have to defend it from these kobolds...and then it turns blue...and...."

(I kid...love to Phax )
    i would love to playtest this pie-defending quest. how could you be so cruel to pie, tolero? pie loves you. pie loves everyone!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    The "" emoticon typically suggests that humor is intended.

Brand / Commerce Manager Tolero's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Angelus_dead View Post
    It would be pretty cool if players could choose to become hostile to each other in areas of their choosing, including quests. It would be amusing to see some parties attempting to win a dungeon with Friendly Fire activated.
    Friendly fire in the open spaces is more complex than this. Just getting spell casting in the Market for the devils was an extra level of *ahem* "fun"

The house P tavern was never activated for PvP, even though a bouncer NPC (ogre) was added in module 3.
    I think you're thinking of the Bogwater, not the Open Palm. Open Palm is located in House J.

Is this going to become the new harassment " Join my Guild "? I would rather have had quests of any level then this.

Quote Originally Posted by totmacher View Post
    i would love to playtest this pie-defending quest. how could you be so cruel to pie, tolero? pie loves you. pie loves everyone!
    Q: What does Tolero and Richard simmons have in common?
    ?

This is a forum... if we can't make our feeling known about a subject then why bother having user input. I hate this concept and I make my feelings known. If you like it you should stop wasting time and post that you like it and why. If there is an overwhelming positive feedback then this would not be wasted dev time...but...why don't you take some time and see how people feel before you try to troll. People who post for the sake of berating or putting down others or just to insite a reaction are very pathetic indeed.
    There's a difference between letting your feelings be known and seeming like a petulant child. Your comments about only hardcore players mattering and only features you deign to appreciate mattering makes you appear childish and it amuses me, that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by noilli View Post
    There's a difference between letting your feelings be known and seeming like a petulant child. Your comments about only hardcore players mattering and only features you deign to appreciate mattering makes you appear childish and it amuses me, that's all.
    /QFT
    *holds up two hands w/ pens in each one*
    Can I sign twice?

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast