Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thumbs down

Stupid.

Hall of Famer
    2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    If you're not in the mood to accept Challenges, you can turn on/off challenge acceptances in your options panel at any time! Otherwise, you can leave it on and see who picks a fight as you're making your way around the various public spaces!

Please make sure auto-decline is enabled for new characters.
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

Default What is it gonna take.

Are we all going to have to cancel our subscriptions to get the message accross that most of us don't give a flying #$#$ about PVP! Can't you stop wasting time developing this #$#$ and do some real work....you definatly no longer have my vote! and now I might have to activily Campain against turbine so they loose! What utter CR*P!

Quote Originally Posted by juniorpfactors View Post
    or maybe we should make about 20-25 new quests...pvp and everything associated is a failure and waste of developer time

jrp
    qft

Quote Originally Posted by Impaqt View Post
    Please make sure auto-decline is enabled for new characters.
    Agreed.

EDIT: I am not however against this change. I will probably use it from time to time myself. I am just worried about a few existing players who may spam new players with challenges before they have even mastered the controls for the game.
    Last edited by Talish; 03-25-2009 at 03:27 PM.
    Mythe
    Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    Play what you want to play, and play it well.

or maybe we should make about 20-25 new quests...pvp and everything associated is a failure and waist of developer time

jrp
    Unless of course new players coming in like that sort of option.

It's rather difficult to know what new players are looking for I imagine, so my guess is Turbine is just deciding to add some features that exist in some other (more popular) MMOs.

If this keeps new players in the game I am all for it. Some people out there like pvp. You forum vets don't, but I see this as a substantial improvement to the system and will be yet another thing that keeps new players around. Thumbs Up Developers and Turbine..
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

Are these going to be new arenas, or will these challenges take you to the usual places? IE Wayward Lobster, Phoenix Tavern, etc.

If it takes you around Stormreach, I am ALL for this (and I hate PvP.) I will use this feature with a friend to "teleport" around places I want to go. :-D

Community Member

or maybe we should make about 20-25 new quests...pvp and everything associated is a failure and waist of developer time

jrp
    While I agree with the sentiment, if you're going to copy/paste yourself over and over, please use the word "waste". You don't want to see the imagery that line is causing me to see.

LoL Someone is getting nailed by the forum police, but still ^^^^ is funny. Spamming unfortunately, is not.
    __________________________________________________ _
    My Grandfather once dated Madonna. Right around WWII.

Quote Originally Posted by maddmatt70 View Post
    If this keeps new players in the game I am all for it. Some people out there like pvp. You forum vets don't, but I see this as a substantial improvement to the system and will be yet another thing that keeps new players around. Thumbs Up Developers and Turbine..
    Without the core "VET" players this game would be no more... new blood tends to come and go quickly... I would more over want to build a core of committed players than please the frindge that doesn't hange around.

Community Member juniorpfactors's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gorby View Post
    qft
    Qft
    Qft
    Qft

i did post it 3 times, I actually cant believe, they just dont seem to get it, its like a bird who just keeps flying into the window at full speed. they never will seem to understand and duplicate the few sucessful modules and build on them, they continually keep adding to failure

jrp

Quote Originally Posted by totmacher View Post
    it adds flavor to the game

it's like housing, crafting, etc., it fleshes out the game world. not everyone does it but different strokes
    agreed not everyone will do it, but it opens up the game a bit to those that do, and anything that opens up the game to a wider audience is a good thing. Like I said in my previous post the next step for this would be to open it up for spectators, and allow betting
    Fallen former minion of the Gelatinous Cube
    Proud Member of Ascent
    Arko Highstar
    Arckos Highstar

Thumbs down

I actually feel deflated with this info. Last week I was so excited about the Flagging post that I screwed up 3 times trying to post it over on our Guild site. I was ecstatic.

I feel the complete opposite of that way right now.
    Proud Officer and Member of the Exploration Society Thelanis Server
    "Nobody exists on purpose, nobody belongs anywhere, everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV." Morty
    *Dunkurk Qirva Donnar Zoraida Dolvar Zorg Salii Smally Kungfugee Kruknud Smully Warfrog*

Quote Originally Posted by RavenBrother View Post
    Without the core "VET" players this game would be no more... new blood tends to come and go quickly... I would more over want to build a core of committed players than please the frindge that doesn't hange around.
    This actually gives me some hope. The game seems to be dying, but this sort of ambitious improvement is alot like the hireling improvement - they both give me alot of hope that Turbine is working on the longtime future of DDO instead of just letting it die the death it is..
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

Brand / Commerce Manager Tolero's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kadran View Post
    Are these going to be new arenas, or will these challenges take you to the usual places? IE Wayward Lobster, Phoenix Tavern, etc.

If it takes you around Stormreach, I am ALL for this (and I hate PvP.) I will use this feature with a friend to "teleport" around places I want to go. :-D
    It takes you to the arenas you can access through Jackson Laws (plus the new Shavarath one). If you challenge someone in the Marketplace, you enter the arena, and when your match is over, you're back in the Market. If you were in Gianthold, you'd enter the arena, then when the match is over, you're back in Gianthold.

So if someone sends me a challenge to do Pvp more than once and I decline them can I report them for harrasment??

Community Member juniorpfactors's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Strakeln View Post
    While I agree with the sentiment, if you're going to copy/paste yourself over and over, please use the word "waste". You don't want to see the imagery that line is causing me to see.
    I consider this a free bump

jrp

Quote Originally Posted by noilli View Post
    I love it when nerds get furious about stupid things. Cry! Cry! It feels so good!
    You meen people that are smarter then you

At least it'll hopefully be an easy way to warp back to the market place, harbor or house J. Are there any other arenas anywhere else? They should put one in Meridia.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast