Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Default It’s The Escapist Magazine’s March Mayhem!

Last year you guys shocked the world by driving Turbine through every round to claim the overall title. This year we’re back as the #1 seed! Can you prove to the naysayers that it wasn’t just a fluke? Surely our top seeded community can trump 16th ranked Naughty Dog! Vote for Turbine in the North Division! Registration is quick, easy, and necessary. Hurry, round one ends tomorrow!

Buy us off with a release date!
    [Founder/Leader of the Bloodlords of Argonnesen]
    [DaveyKhealerAcapellaParlospiGodithGearey Gygax]

Quote Originally Posted by DaveyCrockett View Post
    Buy us off with a release date!
    I LOL'd
    S E N T I N E L S
    **Belwaar** | Waarfists | *Waartitan* | Waarmage | *Waarsavant* | *Waarchanter* | Waarknuckle | Waarforged | Waarfavored | *Torgaar* | *Waarmedic* | Neissa | Khurg | Jaxsen | *Kelindros*

Quote Originally Posted by Belwaar View Post
    I LOL'd
    Me too.

If you want my vote - fix the lag first.
    Hurry, round one ends tomorrow.
    “Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough.” ~ Mark Twain

better hurry a sof today it doesn't look good for us it's now 147 turbine yo 169 ND

Hall of Famer
    2016 DDO Players Council

Added to my HoF Thread.

Lag or not, Showing support for the game we enjoy is important.
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

Hall of Famer
    2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by falcon2030 View Post
    better hurry a sof today it doesn't look good for us it's now 147 turbine yo 169 ND

Making up ground Quickly.. 169-174 now
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

Quote Originally Posted by Impaqt View Post
    Lag or not, Showing support for the game we enjoy is important.
    This has nothing to do with supporting the game - it has to do with Turbine being a top developer. Until they fix the lag - they don't live up to that moniker in my book.
    “Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough.” ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    This has nothing to do with supporting the game - it has to do with Turbine being a top developer. Until they fix the lag - they don't live up to that moniker in my book.
    Heh, read the forums over there as everyone is bashing Turbine for "sucking". It's made me mad enough to vote.

Example: "WHO ARE TURBINE? Is their only real game of note LOTR:Online? Not a 'best developer ever' winner with any description."

Read a few of those, and suddenly you'll probably want to vote...

of the darkness within my own soul's desire

They develop the game, not the lag. Lag is technical expertise. If this were MMO Technical Expertise & Customer Support, you'd have a point.

Besides, they've got LOTRO. Turbine vs Blizzard = The Endgame. Support your developer. Get them props & money so they can hire that technical expertise guy that you want to fix your lag.

Sadly, I must agree.

We have to be impartial enough to realise that the game has problems that need to be addressed, right away.

However, I am sure enough LOTR's fans will vote for them, so what ever bragging rights this denotes should be theirs, soon enough.

Also, I hate Basketball, and anything involving March Madness, so as I grump I am the wrong person to ask this from anyway.

muffinscrooge.
    Now Diving in Lava, with the Lava Divers.

AKA, Cb,Cg,Cj,Cl,Co,Cp,Cq,Cr,Cs,Ct,Cw,Cx,Cz and...Edvard. All the other C's were taken.

Notice that you're behind Tarrant. Might want to consider my deal!
    [Founder/Leader of the Bloodlords of Argonnesen]
    [DaveyKhealerAcapellaParlospiGodithGearey Gygax]

I voted last year. Hell, I convinced my friends who play WOW to vote for Turbine last year. Nothin doin this year. This place has been a royal disaster the last six months and there is no way I would even waste my time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarrant View Post
    Last year you guys shocked the world by driving Turbine through every round to claim the overall title. This year we’re back as the #1 seed! Can you prove to the naysayers that it wasn’t just a fluke? Surely our top seeded community can trump 16th ranked Naughty Dog! Vote for Turbine in the North Division! Registration is quick, easy, and necessary. Hurry, round one ends tomorrow!

Done I <3 DDO. Now, get mod 9 out! lol
    **As the Great Emu is one with the hill, so am I with the Great Emu.**
    PlatinumKnightsddo.us

Yeah.........

No thx

Tell you what I am working on a super secret vote, but the release of this vote will not be coming for quite some time. BUT BE EXCITED THAT I AM TALKING ABOUT IT WUWUWUW Standby for a vote update with no real detail on the way of the vote 6 months from now only further talk about the vote never coming.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kistilan View Post
    They develop the game, not the lag. Lag is technical expertise. If this were MMO Technical Expertise & Customer Support, you'd have a point.

Besides, they've got LOTRO. Turbine vs Blizzard = The Endgame. Support your developer. Get them props & money so they can hire that technical expertise guy that you want to fix your lag.
    Turbine touts themselves as "The world's premier creator and operator of massive, persistent online worlds," (emphasis mine), well - part of operating is maintaining a level of playability - and the DDO servers currently lack that. The lag is at it's worst levels - ever. The fact that it took months and months for a Dev to even make a "please keep calm" post is inexcusable.

Being the developer means they are responsible for the game, from top to bottom. Passing the buck and saying that it's a technical service just does not hold any water for me. It's their game, ergo it's their issue. The game is growing unplayable for many, and I know of a lot people who've left the game in disgust over the lag. To me, when people leave the game, for any reason, the developer has failed.

I love this game as much as any around here. I want it to succeed and flourish. However, I can still be critical of Turbine no matter how much I enjoy the game and respect their work. Looking at it objectively, they have not performed as a world class developer over the past year in regards to DDO. The content output has been dismal, they outsourced the servers, and now, probably as a result of said outsourcing - the lag is game altering for many. I love the game, but Turbine does not deserve my vote this year.
    Last edited by Memnir; 03-19-2009 at 11:01 AM.

Hall of Famer
    2016 DDO Players Council

I find it odd that so many people on this forum want the lag fixed but dont want to support the developer.

This poll isnt about Lag. Its about the development of Games. Like it or not, Winning Polls and contests like this increases exposure. Increased Exposure creates more Subscriptions. More subscriptions means more resources to work on things like Lag, Content, and future development.

Refusing to vote for the developer that created the game you play most is short sighted.
    Thelanis

Sev~

Quote Originally Posted by Impaqt View Post
    I find it odd that so many people on this forum want the lag fixed but dont want to support the developer.

This poll isnt about Lag. Its about the development of Games. Like it or not, Winning Polls and contests like this increases exposure. Increased Exposure creates more Subscriptions. More subscriptions means more resources to work on things like Lag, Content, and future development.

Refusing to vote for the developer that created the game you play most is short sighted.

Thank You Impaqt you said it before I could

199 to 201

we're down by 2 votes so far...

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast