Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Show_me_the_Platinum View Post
    Ah so it's being a loot w**** more then actually playing the game.
    Zergers are playing the game, they are just playing it faster than you. They pay there $15 the same as you do. You just sound bitter for some reason. There is nothing wrong with speed zerging shroud so can go run other quests.

I also like how the hero method will work on the dragon raid (von 6), but isn't a valid method on the shroud part 4. Is the dragon that much harder to beat then harry?
    Havent seen hero method on Khyber for dragon in years. If they are still doing hero method with character levels 12+ they are wasting time.

Quote Originally Posted by Riorik View Post
    Sadly I built for bluff not diplo so the precious seconds it takes to bluff him only tend to get me one or two sneak attack swings...plus all the "downtime" while I'm doing it.
    I did the same. Grind the Ring of Lies and some DT armor (+5 resist and +6 stat) so you can offhand it; you'll hit the DC even with a gimp diplo. Big diff.

Ah so it's being a loot w**** more then actually playing the game.

I'm not trying to talk about bringing fighters over rouges. Rouges do get the bonus sneak attack damage on things, the only problem is rouges don't realize "Hey if I grab agro I lose sneak attack." If you have proper meless, and the rogue is a decent player ( Read; High Diplo, good argo management skills ), this shouldn't be an issue.

Plus I'm also talking about Argonnessen more then other servers (I don't know why but that server seems to have more people who know more about the game then anyone else but can only figure out one way of doing things unlike SARLONA who figured out how to do an all sorc run) Whatever dude . As has been stated; It's not about " only one way to do things ". It's about efficiency. Plain and simple. I got 20 toons. I'm not gonna spend over an hour in the Shroud so Joe Bob the Archer and his band of merry men can range the fiend, when I can run it in 20-30 minutes with a proper melee party, without pot use by the healer. I was part of the first group on Argo to complete the Shroud. Been at it a long time. Not in there to sight see.

I also like how the hero method will work on the dragon raid (von 6), but isn't a valid method on the shroud part 4. Is the dragon that much harder to beat then harry? Yep. It's valid. See Groan and Mhykke's two-man completion of Shroud, or some of the other duo runs on the Thelanis forums. But a proper group could run 4 Shrouds in the time it would take you to do that. Again; Efficiency. Velah doesn't have the HPs Harry does.
    Comments in Red.
    THE SEXY of ARGONNESSEN ~
    Now bringing the sexy back to AoK!!!
    Ashamed officer of : My Little PWNY
    Proud officer of :Archmagi

Community Member

i've been in a 1 rounder with 3 casters.

just sayin

Quote Originally Posted by rezo View Post
    I take it that you play Fighter types only not Clr.s right???

I have been a cleric in a Gunga led shroud raid. All clerics would be rich if Gunga was in charge of all runs. No pots, no scrolls, no pain, all gain.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by bandyman1 View Post
    Comments in Red.
    bah

the other day nick and i shrouded with the crew, in part 5 nick was yelling "CLERICS NUKE THIS *****!!!!"

i think part 5 lasted all of 90 seconds...

Quote Originally Posted by Aspenor View Post
    bah

the other day nick and i shrouded with the crew, in part 5 nick was yelling "CLERICS NUKE THIS *****!!!!"

i think part 5 lasted all of 90 seconds...
    Nerf Nick!!!!

Community Member Show_me_the_Platinum's Avatar

While yes zerging is part of the game. I do play a cleric and when I DIE 3 times in a quest because half the party ran past a mob cause "If the party runs past it we wont have to deal with it." (dying to me isn't really fun)

Call me crazy but I don't want to run the same quest 4 times in a hour just so I can log off one character and switch to another to do the same exact thing over again. (I guess this is why new content doesn't come out fast enough for people. They run the shroud 50 times and only ran Dreams of Insanity once)

Yes I am striving for attention, attention to these topics. These are things that I hear people complaining about all the time, but no one really seems to do anything about it.

but I have gotten off topic with the above.

I prefer to play smarter not faster. I've seen more party wipes because people think there is only one way of doing something, and something throws a monkey wrench into that plan (such as the tanks not getting away from harry when the blades move in)

Though people have been using the saying "Time is money" you're right I've spent 15 dollars to play for a month and I'm not going to beat all the new stuff in one day.
    The only time you actually have to roll a dice is when you know the DM is looking
    HP
    Kobolds
    Cluebat <- Mr. Gimpies please look at this one

Community Member

I prefer to play smarter not faster. I've seen more party wipes because people think there is only one way of doing something, and something throws a monkey wrench into that plan (such as the tanks not getting away from harry when the blades move in)

Though people have been using the saying "Time is money" you're right I've spent 15 dollars to play for a month and I'm not going to beat all the new stuff in one day.

zerging does not mean playing dumb, or less smart. If the party wipes because they are going to fast for what the party can handle, theyre bad players, not zergers. True zerging through a quest is completing at fraction of the time, with minimal to no resource use and no deaths. You'll also find that a great many of the zergers have already done every quest in game, multiple times, much more so than the casual players. They have reached a point in the game when they can zerg through the quests at high speed because they have completed them so many times. Once again, stop being bitter. If you don't like a zerging party, don't join one, or create a new group with the intention of exploring a quest at whatever speed you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Eudimio View Post
    You just described a fairly decent elite shroud run. 5 rounds, mostly ranged, no cleric resources.
    /Not signed. A fairly decent elite run is one with no ranged and takes between 2-4 rounds on part 4.
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

Quote Originally Posted by boldarblood View Post

Havent seen hero method on Khyber for dragon in years. If they are still doing hero method with character levels 12+ they are wasting time.
    Alot of pugs do the hero method because they can't count on the healers. Its a waste of time though for experienced players/groups..
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

While yes zerging is part of the game. I do play a cleric and when I DIE 3 times in a quest because half the party ran past a mob cause "If the party runs past it we wont have to deal with it." (dying to me isn't really fun)

Call me crazy but I don't want to run the same quest 4 times in a hour just so I can log off one character and switch to another to do the same exact thing over again. (I guess this is why new content doesn't come out fast enough for people. They run the shroud 50 times and only ran Dreams of Insanity once)

Yes I am striving for attention, attention to these topics. These are things that I hear people complaining about all the time, but no one really seems to do anything about it.

but I have gotten off topic with the above.

You play the game your way and us experienced non casual gamer types will play it our way. By your reckoning you should have the left the game a long time ago. The sorjek quests even for a casual gamer could easily have been beaten in a day. The sorjek quests are the only quests that have been released at the end game in the last 9 months. So what have you been doing the last 9 months - I mean thanks for your $15 dollars a month much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by boldarblood View Post
    zerging does not mean playing dumb, or less smart.
    Could have fooled me. Also I'm not bitter, I'm just annoyed at how "experienced" players play, and in my experience most people (at least 99.99% of the 50+ people who have zerged in groups I'm in) don't even know about some of the things in the quest because they just run through them (and if people that zerg have done every quest in the game multiple times? How come on Arg it's so hard to find elite openers that level caps need someone to open STK on elite for them?)

Though I guess you're a busy person if you need to do 20 min runs on a RAID quest, you know something 11 other people are taking time out of their day to help you with cause obviously it's not that important of a quest.
    The only time you actually have to roll a dice is when you know the DM is looking
    HP
    Kobolds

Lots of facepalming in this thread.
    Mhykke(Pldn):Mhykkelle(Srcr):Mykkelle(Rngr):Mhykael(Clrc):Mykke(Brbrn):Mhykel(Ftr):
    Mhykelle(Wzrd):Mhyke(Brd):Mykkael(Rgr/Rog/Barb):Mykkel(Rog):Mhykkaelsan(Mnk):Mhykkael(FVS):Mhykkel(Brd):Markas(Ret.Srcr)

Quote Originally Posted by Mhykke View Post
    Lots of facepalming in this thread.
    Don't blame me. I've just been saying what all my RL friends who play DDO have been saying (ones who've been playing as long as I have)
    HP
    Kobolds

On Thelanis we just run the thing. Sometimes it is 1 round, sometimes it is 4 rounds, most of the time it is 2.5 rounds no matter what the group make up is.

Playing Cleric in the Shroud on Thelanis is more a communal responsibility then a forced task.

Community Member

Could have fooled me. Also I'm not bitter, I'm just annoyed at how "experienced" players play, and in my experience most people (at least 99.99% of the 50+ people who have zerged in groups I'm in) don't even know about some of the things in the quest because they just run through them (and if people that zerg have done every quest in the game multiple times? How come on Arg it's so hard to find elite openers that level caps need someone to open STK on elite for them?)

Though I guess you're a busy person if you need to do 20 min runs on a RAID quest, you know something 11 other people are taking time out of their day to help you with cause obviously it's not that important of a quest.
    im in perma-zerg mode. i just can't help it

as a Cleric, the more rounds it takes to beat the pitfeind, the more recorces I am using. If everyone is in the center beating on the boss, that means I just have to cast ONE mass cure crit to heal them all, if they are scatered arround and ranging, I have to use more recorces to heal the ranged fighters, plus keep an eye on the 2-3 tanks in the center.
    Member: Circle of Night
    Magic is a curious thing; full of hope and promise one minute, then someone summons a t-rex jet fighter to kill you.

Wow, i just checked back in on this thread and threw up in my mouth a little.

Take a break Cuba

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by maddmatt70 View Post
    /Not signed. A fairly decent elite run is one with no ranged and takes between 2-4 rounds on part 4.
    See, I call THAT a good run.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast