Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

that barrier has always been there

my question, can i TR even if i have not reached level 20?

and: how much xp does a 4th life take to cap?
    adversity is something we face every day - for a true test, give someone power

Quote Originally Posted by stille_nacht View Post
    Click the arrow for Intro to Multiclassing
    Quote Originally Posted by stille_nacht View Post
    Frugal Pack Buying Guide

Community Member

Epic Ring of the Buccaneer :
    Swim +15
    Dexterity +6
    Underwater Action
    Dexterity +7
    Upgradeable - Tier 3
    Empty Green Augment Slot
    Good luck +2

Where is the +5 AC ? Why Dexterity +6 & +7?

Community Member

think what i have posted may contravine this threads guidelines . Ill move it elsewhere .
    Last edited by bryanmeerkat; 03-08-2011 at 11:33 AM.
    Opinions in this post are likely not the actual opinion of the poster .

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jake2031 View Post
    Epic Ring of the Buccaneer :
    Swim +15
    Dexterity +6
    Underwater Action
    Dexterity +7
    Upgradeable - Tier 3
    Empty Green Augment Slot
    Good luck +2

Where is the +5 AC ? Why Dexterity +6 & +7?
    gaw, how many times did I see that question in general chat.

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...39#post3613739

With the new update changes shouldn't

"After using the 'Cleave' feat there is a visible pause in animation."

Be removed from the known issues list.

Oh and shouldn't the website now show that U9 is here - not just coming soon?
    gotta to kick at the darkness til it bleeds daylight - B. Cockburn
    Guild Leader - Order of the Silver Dragons
    Mains Darlao Completionist Toogor Wiz28 TR5 Also Listarn Shadar Kai Rogue 20/7 - WhiskyTango CL28 TR4 - Toongor Bd28 TR2 - Sooey Dwarf ConBarb28 Pusshy -WizMo 18/ 2/8+9 More

Community Member

Default "Greater" Power Attack

When you "twitch" using a 2-handed weapon, using the shorter animation time for the first attack in the attack sequence in order to get more attacks in per minute, are you in fact short changing your own to-hit? The first attack in a round is the one with the lowest To-Hit, unlike PnP where you usually start with the highest To-hit from full round action attacks. So could this be called a Greater Power attack where you at high level accept that all your attacks are at -10 To-Hit but instead get a speed boost of around 10-15% which is a nice trade off, if your To-Hit is capped even with a -10?

Or have I completely misunderstood the mechanic or the balance aspect of twitching with a 2-hander?

Just trying to figure out what build I should start with and a 2hw wielding barbarian looks like a good candidate, but I don't understand the twitching part yet.

Community Member

Are purple nameds supposed to be immune to Wrack Construct?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by dubyprime View Post
    Are purple nameds supposed to be immune to Wrack Construct?
    This. Please. Other kinds of debuffs appear (destruction, etc), but not this ... is it WAI, or not? Please help, as the answer will greatly decide where several APs are spent on my rogue ...

Is there a bug with drops? I have seen several drops in places they arent supposed to be in (other people) and in Lordsmarch Plaza, I have run most of the quests more than 10 times each and have only ever received 1 Mark. Just wanting to know if it's a bug or if Im just unlucky and others are lucky.

Edit: Figured out half- Lordsmarch plaza apparently only drops marks in the quest arc end reward.
    Last edited by Xynot2; 01-18-2012 at 08:47 AM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by little_me View Post
    my bet on that, after lot of looking (and never getting a guinea pig party member to try it out) is:

alternate entrance to heyton, once the sahuagin attack and bar off the "normal" route.
    that should be easy to test though.
    No, it was a part of the old quest (REALLY OLD TUTORIAL QUEST) when DDO was in the early stages. Iirc, its called: "Steal the Healing Elixer". Its been blocked off.

Community Member

Default 100% Off-hand for pirates?

Oh, been meaning to ask this for a while.
    The dual-weilding Blood Tide pirate "rogue" hobgoblins in the Sentinels chain sure seem to get two attacks with their "base" animations and three attacks (or more) with their later animations. Hard to say it is a bug as it could be a design decision, but it's bordering on rule-breaking if it really is 100% off-hand chance and three attacks later, and also makes them a lot nastier than other CR7-ish hobgoblins who otherwise look the same but for the pirate hats.

Community Member

Finally, ha, got around to investigating this again.

The Blood Tide Pirates in The Tide Turns are getting a quadruple attack with their double-swipe animation. Really?

Community Member

The problem is DDO nitpicks the D@D Ruleset and uses just what they want to use,I don't see how they can still claim to call it D@D myself.

More like "DDOS" (Dungeons and Dragons Online Somewhat

Thier slogan should be "plays a little like the Dungeons and Dragons Pen and Paper game".

Community Member

Default Free reincarnation

Hello a GM referred me to this thread to post my bug (aside from the bug report). Yesterday i have used my free reincarnation, i did not do this before because of all the problems it was having, i waited a nice long time just to be sure. While LRing my tomes did not get added to the stats, sadly i did not discover this in time so i botched up my feat plan..after relogging the tome bonusses suddenly appeared. After a lot of swearing, broken glass, tears and blood i came to terms with the new build i figured id go with it. I run to my fatespinner to get all my destinies unlocked (quite eager and moderately happy regardless of my previous DDObug) i look..nothing...i look again...still nothing. I relog and nothing. Yes i did ALL epic destinies i unlocked all necessary twists etc but they dissapeared. All the grinding i did for the epic destinies (and thats AFTER ddo kindly hit the exp farm quests with the nerfstick) gone. I asked for several GM's 2 out 3 didnt seem to care and were quite happy to ship me off with the usual automated message. 1 GM made a valiant effort in talking like a humanbeing but he wasnt able to resolve anything either. I know someone else has posted something similar about the free reincarnation eating away his destiny exp but i cant seem to find that thread again (surprise??). Now i like to hear that this issue is KNOWN, and WHEN it will be resolved. Like a many other i invested a lot of time and money in this game. I chose to NOT do the BETA because i simply wouldnt buy a car without wheels, imagine my frustration when ddo simply launched an exact copy of the beta pretending it was the life finished product. Now after having to deal with a lot of issues already, my previously mentioned issue is a gamekiller. Please reply

Quote Originally Posted by Wabisuki View Post
    Hello a GM referred me to this thread to post my bug (aside from the bug report). Yesterday i have used my free reincarnation, i did not do this before because of all the problems it was having, i waited a nice long time just to be sure. While LRing my tomes did not get added to the stats, sadly i did not discover this in time so i botched up my feat plan..after relogging the tome bonusses suddenly appeared. After a lot of swearing, broken glass, tears and blood i came to terms with the new build i figured id go with it. I run to my fatespinner to get all my destinies unlocked (quite eager and moderately happy regardless of my previous DDObug) i look..nothing...i look again...still nothing. I relog and nothing. Yes i did ALL epic destinies i unlocked all necessary twists etc but they dissapeared. All the grinding i did for the epic destinies (and thats AFTER ddo kindly hit the exp farm quests with the nerfstick) gone. I asked for several GM's 2 out 3 didnt seem to care and were quite happy to ship me off with the usual automated message. 1 GM made a valiant effort in talking like a humanbeing but he wasnt able to resolve anything either. I know someone else has posted something similar about the free reincarnation eating away his destiny exp but i cant seem to find that thread again (surprise??). Now i like to hear that this issue is KNOWN, and WHEN it will be resolved. Like a many other i invested a lot of time and money in this game. I chose to NOT do the BETA because i simply wouldnt buy a car without wheels, imagine my frustration when ddo simply launched an exact copy of the beta pretending it was the life finished product. Now after having to deal with a lot of issues already, my previously mentioned issue is a gamekiller. Please reply
    Woh, talk about an old thread, why a GM would refer you here puzzles me. I'm not sure if this is still monitored, however I highly doubt it. I run the current 'QA/Known Issues' list, though as I don't work for Turbine I'm not always up to date with them. You can find my Update 14 Broken ‘Things’ Master List (MotU Edition) by clicking on that link.

As for your question, yep, I've heard of it a fair bit, though it still seems somewhat isolated. Unfortunately I haven't heard of anyone having the issue resolved, and I'm not sure if Turbine are aware of the issue, though I believe they would be.
    || Arari - Cleric Rogue || Athyria - Satanic Mechanic || Ethirial - Arcane Archer || Tiarinlasa - Spell Singer || Zirron - Divine Avenger ||

so i lost 47 epic destiny levels from the free tr bug, what are my chances of getting that experience back?

Community Member

Default Ranged Attack Speed Cap

On Lammania I created a throwing axe build with the following abilities focused on ranged attacks.

Rapid Shot: (ranged bonus to attack speed unknown)
    Quick Draw: (ranged bonus to attack speed unknown)
    Shiradi Champion Tier 3: Whirling Wrist: Ranged attack speed +60%
    Fighter Capstone: Ranged attack speed +10%
    Ranged Alacrity/Haste: Ranged attack speed +10%/+15%
    Fighter Haste Boost IV: Ranged attack speed +30%

The problem comes from when I did the actual testing, wanting to see how fast I could throw axes. I popped the Fighter Haste Boost IV and counted how many axes I could throw during that 20 second window; 29 axes. Then I counted how many axes I could throw in a 20 second window without the Fighter Haste Boost IV; still 29 axes. I checked my effects log and none of the effects didn't stack as far as I could tell.

All of this leads to my actual question; Is there a cap on the amount of ranged speed one can have at a time?

Community Member

Default FRED / Exchange Feats

I am a lv 12, and I'm trying to Respec feats on Fred but only show up the last feat. Is this how it's supposed to work?

Thx

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

Aside from the fact that I loathe the new combat system, it doesn't seem to work like I thought you said it would. I was under the impression that you only "missed" on a natural 1, while only "non-hit" on 2+ was a "grazing hit" (as long as you use weapons that you are proficient with). This is not (always) the case. My TWF paladin (using khopeshes he's proficient in) regularly gets misses on 2-5. What's up with that?
    It's definitely an N-word.

Seems like this thread is getting some attention again.

Is it currently working as intended for Barbarian Rage to toggle off the Precision Combat Stance? I understand that Combat Expertise and the Stalwart Stance will dispell all rage effects, but have not seen this listed on Precision.

Thanks, and if it is not working as intended, I will file a bug report on it.
    Fitzroya of the Flame - 25 Monk (Half-Orc) [4th life] | Paschen Dale - 8 Sorcer (Warforged) [4th life] | Fitzaxer - 14 Barbarian (Dwarf) | Shileleigh 4 Artificer / 2 Fighter / 2 Paladin (Warforged) [2nd life]

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast