Community Member

Default queston about my build.

I was originall going with the Iron Monk, well sort of, i switched alot of the feats because i want him to be Bow specd and have all the Peirce specs, but after i realized that i left out 2 feats i need in the character planner im going to go with 2 fighter instead od 3 pally but im not sure if i should go 1 or 2 monk and rest ranger. what is the difference of going 2 monk instead of 1? besides the +1 to Wisdom that wont do anything for me . .

Arrow I'll only answer the one question...

2 Monk = All Powerful...
    Evasion.

Ok, maybe not all powerful but powerful for certain.

~
    If we shrank our solar system to the size of a Quarter, and lay it at your feet, the Milky Way galaxy would still be larger than North America. ~NASA Perspective anyone?

Taking 1 Level of Monk would cost you an additional Martial Feat, and Evasion. But I think you'd be making a bigger mistake than just missing out on a few feats. I don't think converting the Iron Monk into a ranged build works very well. You may be happier going all Ranger, and getting the Level 20 Capstone (increased speed on ranged attacks). If I remember correctly, the Iron Monk uses Tempest, which doesn't work with a bow.

Community Member

Default . .

Rangers get Evasion at lvl 12 or something anyway rite? im not going totally Ranged. just taking ranged wf and crit ranged, taking everything else for twf rapiers. just want to be able to use my W/P Shortbow in situations that it will be helpful. So the question is does the ranger get Evasion and at what lvl, if not ill take 2 monk. No point of taking 2 monk for earlier evasion when i would already be getting it.

Community Member

Default .

I see that the Ranger gets it at 9, so there really isnt any point of taking 2 monk then rite? im currently 6 ranger btw.

Sitting in the RG Bacon room talking with Id

Just an FYI, you might want to wait until the next mod to build this. There have been many people talking about is there or isnt there going to be a monk ac nerf and if there is, what it will be.

If you build this, and if done right it can be a cool build, but then it gets nerfed, not only are you going to less of an asset to the group, but you're also going to be infinitely ****ed off.

Just a suggestion, but baring any changes, My personal opinion is to only go 1 lvl of monk.

If your life's work can be completed in your lifetime, you're thinking too small.
    ~~Wes Jackson~~

Are you trying to sell your build to Sarlonians or something?

Community Member

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Baltire View Post
    Just an FYI, you might want to wait until the next mod to build this. There have been many people talking about is there or isnt there going to be a monk ac nerf and if there is, what it will be.

If you build this, and if done right it can be a cool build, but then it gets nerfed, not only are you going to less of an asset to the group, but you're also going to be infinitely ****ed off.

Just a suggestion, but baring any changes, My personal opinion is to only go 1 lvl of monk.

I like this answer, very much welcome thanks.

No im not trying to sell a build to sarlona. but from my experience on these forums seems that sarlona has the best players imo. on top of that i play on sarlona,

1 monk for AC and feat. Be ready to reroll if the nerf bat gets swung. Make sure the feat you want doent have prereqs like min BAB. If it does make sure you meet the prereq at the lvl you are taking the feat.

RGR 9 gets you evasion, 12 I believe for good bark and resists.

You don't need to have WF ranged to be good with a WP bow. You need a good to hit, multishot, improved percise shot, and IC Ranged (debateble here, but you will crit twice as often). Maybe the blk dragonscale armor as well (one gives you faster ranged abilities).

With these you will mow down mobs. Period. Right up till when your multishot runs out. Then hit diplo or go stand in a firewall
    Sarlona's #1 Piker!!
    QuiknDirty~Quikster~Quikfire~Quikkilla~Quikinator~ Missquik~Quiktunes~Fatalbert~Bignugly~Quikmeister~ Member of Quantum Entropy!!

Default build ?

why is this being discussed in the trade forums?
    Phaat / Phann / Bedpan / Qutip / Thong / McNabby / Spinderella / Syprus / Shaq / Pwnalot

My Trade List: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=177477

Community Member

Default .

Isnt it confirmed that the Barbs that have Crit Rage befor Mod 9 will be able to keep the Crit Rage?

Why wouldnt they let the Monks that were built befor Mod 9 be allowed to keep the AC bonus?

The Ac Bonus isnt OP (Over Powered) anyway imo. Why would they change it?

Btw i will have all the 2wf feats i need also, so i wouldnt have to stand in a fw. Im not taking things like Dodge for a whoping 1 AC for a whole feat, and Mobility wont be in my feat list neither.
    Last edited by poonce; 03-05-2009 at 11:10 PM.

So, you're going ranger TWF, without taking the tempest enhancements?

Community Member

Default . .

Quote Originally Posted by Doomcrew View Post
    So, you're going ranger TWF, without taking the tempest enhancements?

Is it really that important? i dont understand exactly what it does actually. can someone explain?

The Tempest enhancement increases attack speed by 10%. From a DPS prespective it's an huge boost.
    D.W.A.T: (Now with Non-Dwarf support)
    Founder of the (D.W.A.T) Elf Rebellion and Supporter of the H (alfling). I(ntel). T(eam).

Quote Originally Posted by poonce View Post
    Isnt it confirmed that the Barbs that have Crit Rage befor Mod 9 will be able to keep the Crit Rage?

Why wouldnt they let the Monks that were built befor Mod 9 be allowed to keep the AC bonus?
    A big part of the difference is Crit Rage is an enhancement while the Monk AC bonus is a part of Monk Coding. They won't be able to alter that for one Monk without doing to all. Enhancements (IE Crit Rage) are coded differently, which allows them to leave it for those who don't reset their Enhancements while removing it from the list for those who do.

**NOTE** There isn't an official statement anywhere with regards to Monk AC. Whether or not it'll change in Mod 9 is pure speculation at this point. **/NOTE**

Quote Originally Posted by poonce View Post
    The Ac Bonus isnt OP (Over Powered) anyway imo. Why would they change it?
    It's all opinion. And at this point many feel the AC bonus from splashing 1 Monk is overpowered (many also feel it isn't... ). It's possible the Devs agree and are planning a change...
    D.W.A.T: (Now with Non-Dwarf support)
    Founder of the (D.W.A.T) Elf Rebellion and Supporter of the H (alfling). I(ntel). T(eam).

Community Member

^^^^ Yeah, 10% attack speed boost that stacks with everything. If you want advice I don't think you will find anyone who won't tell you to go tempest.

PS. Can we move this out of the trade forum and into someplace that it should be.

Yes this belongs in another forum, but the OP prolly made a mistake posting in the Trades forum, but he seems to begetting the help he needs just fine.

If you are looking for the best build possible go tempest. Tempest is currently THE BEST enhancement line out there. 10 percent attack speed bonus that stacks with haste, +2 ac. Not taking tempest on this build would be a huge mistake.

If your not dualing wp rapiers, and you line up a row of mobs, agro them with wp bow, many****, ip shot and don't kill em, take em to a firewall
    Sarlona's #1 Piker!!
    QuiknDirty~Quikster~Quikfire~Quikkilla~Quikinator~ Missquik~Quiktunes~Fatalbert~Bignugly~Quikmeister~ Member of Quantum Entropy!!

Community Member

Default .

Can you guys check out my 2 builds on the Character Builds forums pls. Not sure what to do. Thanks