Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Westside !!!!

Community Member

I don't understand, why Acrobat? Is it just for the dex boost? You don't use a staff so I am not seeing what else you could possibly get out of it. Wouldn't it be better to go Assassin?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by heavyg25 View Post
    I don't understand, why Acrobat? Is it just for the dex boost? You don't use a staff so I am not seeing what else you could possibly get out of it. Wouldn't it be better to go Assassin?
    Because it's an AC build? Acrobats gets the Showtime buff and more Uncanny Dodges - among other things. Look it up on the DDO Wiki or on the compendium. I just wish people would get that worthless q-staff out of their heads when talking about Acrobats.
    Various hedge-wizards and halfwits, please see MyDDO for all your squelching needs
    Lyrandar 2006 - Devourer 2007 - Thelanis 2009 - Ghallanda 2010

Community Member AylinIsAwesome's Avatar

I was actually thinking about this build the other day. Is it still worth taking 6 Ranger with the Tempest nerf? (Use a shield wand instead?)

Default ummmmm

can I get a lil help? The firt nerf didn't hurt it much, but not sure if this guy is affected by the last 3 or 4 updates. I haven't been on in awhile so am open to the uber ddo guys.... curious also...thanks

WESTSIDE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Community Member

Subscribed.

Community Member AylinIsAwesome's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Obmi View Post
    can I get a lil help? The firt nerf didn't hurt it much, but not sure if this guy is affected by the last 3 or 4 updates. I haven't been on in awhile so am open to the uber ddo guys.... curious also...thanks

WESTSIDE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Not sure if you've found out by now or not then, but TWF and Tempest both got hit with nerfs.

Characters now have a 20% for their off-hand to proc on main hand attacks without feats, and each TWF feat adds +20% to that, with 80% when you have all three.

Tempest 1 now gives +10% offhand proc instead of +10% attack speed (hence my earlier question of it being worth it).

With those changes, personally I'd suggest taking GTWF now, though not sure what you'd drop to pick it up.

Default any other thoughts...

anyone else have any other thoughtsregarding above.... im getting prepared tothink about coming back to maybe play but I know I will be lost and lonely hiding in the corners of the quests like a noob ..... sad time indeed

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Obmi View Post
    anyone else have any other thoughtsregarding above.... im getting prepared tothink about coming back to maybe play but I know I will be lost and lonely hiding in the corners of the quests like a noob ..... sad time indeed
    Before Update 5:
    TWF:ing with TWF or no feat: 50% attacks off-hand
    ITWF: 75% attacks off-hand
    GTWF: 100% attacks off-hand (i.e for every main-hand attack, you did an off-hand hook as well)

After Update 5:
    TWF:ing with no feat: 20% attacks off-hand (i.e for every main-hand attack, you have 20% chance of getting an off-hand hook as well)
    TWF:ing with TWF feat: 40% attacks off-hand
    ITWF: 60% attacks off-hand
    GTWF: 80% attacks off-hand

The Tempest I that you have adds 10% chance for off-hand hooks (Tempest II adds total 20% chance for 100% off-hand attacks, like GTWF was before the nerfs struck). But the big nerf is that Tempest I does not add any haste boost to attacking anymore.

So in a nutshell, TWF was nerfed, and Tempest I was nerfed even more. Six levels of ranger is still nice, for the free feats, spells, two Favored Enemies (great on a rogue), skillpoints. manyshot and speed run boosts. But Tempest I was mercilessly nerfed and has lost its lustre.
    Various hedge-wizards and halfwits, please see MyDDO for all your squelching needs
    Lyrandar 2006 - Devourer 2007 - Thelanis 2009 - Ghallanda 2010

has anybody updated a version of the "Westside" build for the new enhancements?

Long live Fernia!

bracius.ddo@gmail.com

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678