Page 1 of 28 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Fighter Capstone: Weapon Alacrity

With this preview, we've completed our pass through the various prestige enhancement lines and capstones.

Fighters are the most versatile of our martial classes, and in Module Nine we've given them ways to express themselves as the master of a single weapon style through the Kensai, or a defensive bulwark that protects the party as a Stalwart Defender. Their capstone is tied to the thought that while a paladin has their faith and a ranger is tied to the wild, mastery of weapons is what fighters strive for.

Fighter Weapon Alacrity
    Prereqs: Fighter level 20
    Cost: 2 Action Points
    Benefit: Your mastery with all weapons is such that you are able to attack faster than normal. Grants a 10% Competence bonus to attack speed with all combat styles.

The Ranger may be faster with a bow (or specialize to match your attack speed with two weapons), and the Thief-Acrobat or Monk may wield a staff with greater speed, they all fall apart when forced from their specialized combat styles. Bow, great weapon, shield... It doesn't matter to a well trained fighter. The Kensai will still obviously prefer their chosen weapon, but will be no slouch with another style.

As with all of the previews, this capstone is subject to change before it goes live.
    Last edited by Tolero; 05-29-2009 at 09:31 AM.

First! (my first first!)

Just kidding... since this was posted yesterday, I'm surprized no one has posted here as of yet.

Well, this will certainly benefit my Bastard Sword Kensai. Does competence bonus stack with haste? Is there anything it won't stack with (probably another competence bonus)?
    Last edited by WeiQuinn; 03-04-2009 at 05:04 PM.
    WeiQuinn (Ranger 20/Epic 8) Syris (Ranger 18/Rogue 2/Epic 8) Torsade (Fighter 17) VaConMorte (Ranger 11/Monk 9/Epic 6) Neckron (Wizard 20/Epic 1) Shandrea (Ranger 15) Ryeva (Druid 12) Longthorne (Barbarian 6)

Default Alacrity?

So this is really not a bad capstone for the fighters. I do like it.

But, (you knew there was going to be a but, didn't ya?) why an alacrity bonus? Unless I am mistaken, alacrity bonuses do not stack with haste so this gets wasted every time I step into a fight with haste. Also the other combat speed bonus capstone, the ranger's Master of Archery, is a competence bonus. Which does stack with haste unless I am mistaken.

Was this just overlooked and one of the capstones will be changed? Or are your true feelings about rangers showing through?
    Last edited by Taelan; 03-04-2009 at 05:18 PM.

Interesting. I'm a little surprised.
    Mhykke(Pldn):Mhykkelle(Srcr):Mykkelle(Rngr):Mhykael(Clrc):Mykke(Brbrn):Mhykel(Ftr):
    Mhykelle(Wzrd):Mhyke(Brd):Mykkael(Rgr/Rog/Barb):Mykkel(Rog):Mhykkaelsan(Mnk):Mhykkael(FVS):Mhykkel(Brd):Markas(Ret.Srcr)

just got released I bet
    Fallen former minion of the Gelatinous Cube
    Proud Member of Ascent
    Arko Highstar
    Arckos Highstar

Quote Originally Posted by Taelan View Post

But, (you knew there was going to be a but, didn't ya?) why an alacrity bonus? Unless I am mistaken, alacrity bonuses do not stack with haste so this gets wasted every time I step into a fight with haste. Also the other combat speed bonus capstone, the ranger's Master of Archery, is a competence bonus. Which does stack with haste unless I am mistaken.

Was this just overlooked and one of the capstones will be changed? Or are your true feelings about rangers showing through/
    It's a competence bonus, it's in the description. It's just called alacrity.
    Mhykke(Pldn):Mhykkelle(Srcr):Mykkelle(Rngr):Mhykael(Clrc):Mykke(Brbrn):Mhykel(Ftr):
    Mhykelle(Wzrd):Mhyke(Brd):Mykkael(Rgr/Rog/Barb):Mykkel(Rog):Mhykkaelsan(Mnk):Mhykkael(FVS):Mhykkel(Brd):Markas(Ret.Srcr)

Was this just overlooked and one of the capstones will be changed? Or are your true feelings about rangers showing through/
    it is a competance bonus which should stack with haste
    Proud Member of Ascent
    Arko Highstar
    Arckos Highstar

Not a bad capstone.
    Proud Leader of the Shadowhand.

A is A. -John Galt

Aclarity is not a bonus type.

COmpetence is the TYpe. THis will indeed stack with Haste which is an enhancment bonus I believe.
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

Now is tempest capped at 10% as well, if so this makes a straight twf fighter kensai a fair match for splashing tempest at the new end game
    Proud Member of Ascent
    Arko Highstar
    Arckos Highstar

Nice one. My namesake character is very happy!
    Vorn, 28 Fighter
    Argo
    OSD

A little on the overpowered side again, but hey since fighters are underpowered it gives offensive fighters some viability. Level 20 fighter is far better then level 19 fighter which shouldn't be the case. I am not in favor of such a powerful capstone but rather a huge influx of solid feats to improve fighters..

Since bow strength isn't coming out this mod for fighters there is still no way to make a a solid ranged fighter. They can't compete with the rangers and their two weapon fighting and ranged capabilities for diversity either even with bow strength by the way unless you are talking about being able to shield up slightly better then rangers.

Hahahahahaha on a personal note Norg as one of the few pure offensive fighters left in all of ddo will be able to stand up to rangers and barbarians like he always should have especially if they add a few feats like superior weapon specialization to feat options. One final note, at least pure fighters do more dps then 6 ranger/12 fighter characters..
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

Default Duh!!!

Boy, do I feel stupid. Read it quickly and must of skipped right over the type. So, then, yeah, I am very happy with this.

Quote Originally Posted by maddmatt70 View Post
    Hahahahahaha on a personal note Norg as one of the few pure offensive fighters left in all of ddo will be able to stand up to rangers and barbarians like he always should have especially if they add a few feats like superior weapon specialization to feat options. One final note, at least pure fighters do more dps then 6 ranger/12 fighter characters..
    Thanks Eladrin, you made Stele (DDO's other pure Ftr) very happy
    Last edited by Cold Stele; 03-04-2009 at 05:34 PM.

Hero
    Knight of Movember
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    Bow, great weapon, shield... It doesn't matter to a well trained fighter. The Kensai will still obviously prefer their chosen weapon, but will be no slouch with another style.

As with all of the previews, this capstone is subject to change before it goes live.
    Interesting, so shield bashing gets a little boost as well ... a small bone to sword & board? Too bad you have to be 20th to get it, but it is better than nothing.
    Gamma Tester, Dungeons & Dragons Online
    Beta Tester, DDO: Eberron Unlimited
    Alpha Tester, DDO: Stormreach

Anyone else not see this in the Dev Tracker?

Other than that, not bad.

Edit: oh, there it is, buried under everything else.
    Archangels
    Pwesiela - Completionist Arcane Archer; Pia - Silver Flame Assassin; Aes - of the Blue Ajah; Insene - Deathpriest; Enaila - Aiel Bodyguard; Uduk - Dwarven Meatwall; Vitalien -Warder
    Quote Originally Posted by Victorie View Post
    Pwesiela is correct.

"Norg as one of the few pure offensive fighters left in all of ddo "

I have 4 of them.

----------------------------------------------------------------

I dig it tho...will it stack with jorgundals collar, i don't remember the collars detail.

I still want more for my beloved Class... and think they deserve more...
    Blood In Blood Out

I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonblood View Post
    I dig it tho...will it stack with jorgundals collar, i don't remember the collars detail.
    Jorgundal's is enhancement, the same as Haste, so yes it will stack with this, which is Competence.

Default I approve

now change the capstone on rangers for the melee too and we'll love you again. I promise

Page 1 of 28 1234511 ... LastLast