Discuss the upcoming Module 9 feature: new spells!
Here are the details, as mentioned in Kate Paiz's Letter To Players:
Originally Posted by Senior Producer, Kate Paiz...spells that are going to be added in Mod9:
- Acid Spray (Level: Sor/Wiz 1) A cone of burning acid shoots forth, damaging targets in the area of the spray for 1d4 damage per caster level (max 5d4). A successful Reflex save reduces the damage by half.
- Chain Missiles (Level: Sor/Wiz 3) A missile of magical energy darts forth and unerringly strikes its target inflicting 1d4+1 force damage. For every 2 caster levels beyond first you gain an additional missile, up to 10 missiles. After striking your target, the missiles explode outwards, striking other creatures near the primary target.
- Prismatic Spray (Level: Sor/Wiz 7) A brilliant cone of multicolored light projects from your finger, blinding weak targets and producing one or more random effects.
- Repair Critical Damage, Mass (Level: Sor/Wiz 8) Transmutes the structure of living construct allies to repair 4d8 +1 per caster level damage.
- Meteor Swarm (Level: Sor/Wiz 9) Causes four 2-foot-diameter spheres to spring forth and streak in straight lines toward a target, leaving fiery trails of sparks. The meteors explode on impact, dealing fire damage to targets in the area. Unlike most other projectile spells, the caster can arc these meteors if they have no target selected.
- Mordenkainen’s Disjunction (Level: Sor/Wiz 9) A powerful force disrupts magical effects on the target, removing ongoing spells that have been cast on a target. You must make a caster level check of 1d20 + your caster level (no maximum) versus 11 + the spell's caster level to remove a spell effect, and your target must make a Will save for each equipped item or all magical properties on them are temporarily disabled.
- Power Word: Kill (Level: Sor/Wiz 9) A single word of power is uttered, instantly killing a target creature with 300 or fewer hit points.
- Wail of the Banshee (Level: Sor/Wiz 9) A terrible scream kills creatures who hear it. A successful Fortitude save negates this effect.
- Summon Monster IX (Level: Clr 9, Sor/Wiz 9) Summons a hezrou to fight for you for a brief time. Casting this spell locks out casting any other Summon Monster spell for 5 minutes.
- Energy Drain (Level: Clr 9, Sor/Wiz 9) A black ray of crackling negative energy suppresses the life force of any living creature it strikes, granting an enemy 2d4 negative levels. If the target has as many negative levels as its hit dice or levels, it dies. Each negative level gives a creature a -1 penalty on attack rolls, saves, skill checks, ability checks, and effective level. Negative levels stack.
- True Resurrection (Level: Clr 9) Resurrects the target, restores all of the target's hit points, and preserves current spell points.
- Heal, Mass (Level: Clr 9) Casts Heal on multiple targets. Channels powerful positive energy into allies to wipe away injury and afflictions, restore 10 hit points per caster level (max 250hp), and remove ability damage and the conditions blinded, confused, dazed, dazzled, deafened, diseased, exhausted, fatigued, feebleminded, insanity, nauseated, and poisoned. Against undead this spell acts as Harm. Undead who make a successful Will save reduce the damage by half.
- Implosion (Level: Clr 9) You create a destructive resonance field around you, causing nearby corporeal enemies to collapse in upon themselves, killing them instantly. A successful Fortitude save negates this effect. Every few seconds, an enemy within your aura will be affected by this spell, but you are free to perform other actions while it is active.