Hello all you master builders
I've been planning my next roll, which I'm wanting to be a max-intimitank build.
I've been trying to research through all of these very good build posts but can't seem to find anything that I think fits what I'm looking for, but that could just be my ignorance regarding intimitanks.
I've seen the "Utilitank" build, which looks like it could work but am not completely certain.
It seems to me that the direction of DDO is headed where Intimitanks will be playing an ever increasing important role in quests and raids alike.
I know that in Vision of Destruction, if I'm not mistaken, on normal, a minimum Intimidate of 50 is needed to keep agro. I would also hope this build could easily keep agro in a puppy run and any other raids / quests where this kind of strategy is utilized.
I am curious as to if some of the intimitank builds I've seen here are good enough for this or just simply outdated. Some questions / concerns I have are:
- What is currently the highest possible intimidate for a toon?
- Can this be achieved using a pure class build or is multi-classing required for the best over-all result?
- The build can be 28 or 32 point
- I know Intimidate is a CHA-based skill, therefore is it required to max out your CHA when rolling the toon?
- Can the build still provide higher than average DPS?
- TWF or THF: which is better for this build?
- Build should be based on minimal requirements of loot and tomes, at least in the beginning
I consider myself a fairly skilled player and have 4 capped toons (Pally, Barb, Sorc and Ranger) and understand their roles fully but the Intimitank role is something completely new to me.
Would love to discuss this further and perhaps come up with a possible build config relative soon. I'm sure that with all the expertise here, that won't be a problem at all