Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Teleport Spell

Quote Originally Posted by Impaqt View Post
    No, I dont.

A Full Orchard or Vale run generally take 30-45 minutes and I'd get 5 or 6 rares at a pop maybe.
    Sorry to hear that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Combat Log
    Crippled. Crippled. Crippled. Crippled. Harried. Crippled. Harried. Triple Harried. Triple Harried, Crippled, Exhausted, Fatigued, and Enfeebled. Crippled. All effects removed by lag wipe! Would you like to buy a Siberys Spirit Cake from the DDO Store?

Hall of Famer
    2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Mirta View Post
    Sorry to hear that.

So where do you loot a dozen chests in 5 minutes? You should take me along some time since we're onthe same server and all. I'd liek to see that. I'll even Fraps it so we can share it here on the forums.
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

Look what happened with the reaver giving out Free Fly in the refuge? Do not underestimate the determination of the Exploiter.
    What happened with Free Fly?

So where do you loot a dozen chests in 5 minutes? You should take me along some time since we're onthe same server and all. I'd liek to see that. I'll even Fraps it so we can share it here on the forums.
    You can easily run to, kill, and then loot every named in the vale in under 15 minutes, especially if you're running with more than one caster. I don't see how that would change much with teleport changed to the aforementioned mechanic.

Oh, and sorry but I don't care to drag puggers around.
    Crippled. Crippled. Crippled. Crippled. Harried. Crippled. Harried. Triple Harried. Triple Harried, Crippled, Exhausted, Fatigued, and Enfeebled. Crippled. All effects removed by lag wipe! Would you like to buy a Siberys Spirit Cake from the DDO Store?

Regardless... quest entrances would be a nice teleport location as well. Group up outside Meridia and teleport to RwtD.

I don't know about specific coordinates... but wouldn't mind a little more versatility.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    What happened with Free Fly?
    I appreciate if you left that out of this thread. It was only mentioned as an attempt to get people to talk about it and to get this thread shut down on the grounds of exploit discussion.

Make the number of TP bind locations dependent upon caster level. Something along the lines of CL/2.

Change TP where it brings up the available slots and a bind option. Clicking bind sets your current location (where you are standing) as the selected TP bind point for the chosen slot. It overrides any other bind point in a selected slot.

Bind points that are set within an instanced area are cleared upon exit from that area. Bind points in 'public' areas stay until overwritten.

Now, you can tp within an instance but only to locations that you've already visited. Great for going back to a particular NPC or shrine (eg. Stormcleave). It somewhat obsolesces Dimension Door.

Not sure how it would work from scrolls. Seems unnecessarily penalizing to require two scroll uses (one to bind, one to tp) for a tp. Maybe a binding option implented on a scroll doesn't expend the scroll.

I don't know if there are any higher level quests where tping back beyond a certain point breaks game mechanics or exposes an exploit. If so, it would seem that dimension door would have similar exploitability, though I can see specific locations having greater tacitcal value than mission entry.

Just an idea.
    Even now They talked in Their tombs. When, after inifinities of chaos, the first men came, The Great Old Ones spoke to the sensitive among them by moulding their dreams; for only thus could Their language reach the fleshy minds of mammals.

Hall of Famer
    2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Mirta View Post
    You can easily run to, kill, and then loot every named in the vale in under 15 minutes, especially if you're running with more than one caster. I don't see how that would change much with teleport changed to the aforementioned mechanic.

Oh, and sorry but I don't care to drag puggers around.
    1 Full Run (Avg 5-6 Chests) in 15 Minutes is a far cry from a dozen chests in 5 minutes.

Drag Puggers around? rofl... Bringing someone along to document your uberness is a far cry from draggin puggers around... Seriously, I'll just sit in the instance door and run frapps so we can watch the time and see how many chests ya loot.
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

1 Full Run (Avg 5-6 Chests) in 15 Minutes is a far cry from a dozen chests in 5 minutes.
    That's where ransack comes into play.

Seriously, people get ransacked on the bloodstone and firestorm greaves chests in 45 minutes.

You just perfectly explained why this will never be implemented. Just coming up with the list of required exceptions is a daunting task, let alone coding them all in. Within days of something like this being implemented (Probably hours if not minutes) there would be all kinds of people teleporting to locations not thought about and people on the forums crying because they got banned for Exploiting the system.
    While it could be impossible, it would be nice to actually do some analysis rather than assume. I think it would be worth the effort to at least look into the option.

Look what happened with the reaver giving out Free Fly in the refuge? Do not underestimate the determination of the Exploiter.
    What happened with Fly in the refuge? Or is that a verbotten topic?

Hall of Famer
    2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by ahpook View Post
    While it could be impossible, it would be nice to actually do some analysis rather than assume. I think it would be worth the effort to at least look into the option.

What happened with Fly in the refuge? Or is that a verbotten topic?
    Thats in the realm of Do not talk about on an open forum. It was use not as intended.
    Thelanis

Sev~

I think while they are fixing the teleport spell, they need to put in greater teleport. Actually I think they need all the spells and feats in the game yesterday. I want to be able to scry a location, and then teleport to it. Even if it is one of the moons.

Community Member Lucian_Navarro's Avatar

Default Let's get specific

A failed Teleport should NOT put you above the city and allow you to feather fall down, it should KILL YOU.

/agree with the OP

Also where is my fly spell?
    Thanks for the long time forum user purge of Aug '10 (Sarcasm for those who don't get it)

Quote Originally Posted by Pyromaniac View Post
    Also where is my fly spell?
    I'd settle for levitate.
    Chaotic evil means never having to say you're sorry.

Default does not break game

Being able to teleport to specific coordinates would be the worst thing ever imagined in DDO. It would break the game significantly.

As an alternate suggestion, I would say all Taverns should be on the teleport list. Or at least be able to be set up as such.
    you are very wrong about this, it just requires clever programming, time they have now that mod 9 is on hold.

Nothing that follows PnP rules can break this game

Teleport is powerful i agree, and does slant things in a casters favor, but it is up to the devs to come up with clever creatures and foils to limit our plans, just blocking the ability out right is a cop out.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuldar View Post
    I'd settle for levitate.
    I want Rope Trick.

But seriously, Teleport and Greater Teleport are working well as it is. Although it would be 'nice' to be able to teleport to any exact location that I wanted to, I also understand the difficulties in coding such variation in. I am also not so naive to realize that many of the hiccups that are put into place are there to avoid making it too easy for plat farmers.

I would be happy with a few more location choices for both spells, though.

As an aside, you can already use these spells to loot run. I tend to hit the Vale, catch the last shrine, GT to the Desert (oh sorry Zawabi's Refuge, a whole 20 feet from the desert entrance), plow through that, catch the last shrine, GT or teleport to Merida, rinse, and repeat. Fun by yourself, or with a group. You can even take puggers along
    Thelanis; Strngrdanger, Likkerpig, Byrnt, Obgynkenobi, Severancepay, Buffystmarie.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12