Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    310

    Default Xoriat Hound Alignment

    What is the alignment of the Xoriat Hound suppose to be? Currently Holy, Axiomatic, True Law, Pure Good do NOT work, yet Evil and Chaotic Outsider banes do.

    The former indicate Neutral, which the latter indicate Chotic Evil


    Further, what DR does the Hound have?
    Last edited by icculus; 02-09-2009 at 05:11 PM. Reason: Added additional question

  2. #2
    Community Member GlassCannon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    De Jure Creation, outside of Corporate Jurisdiction
    Posts
    3,933

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by icculus View Post
    What is the alignment of the Xoriat Hound suppose to be? Currently Holy, Axiomatic, True Law, Pure Good do NOT work, yet Evil and Chaotic Outsider banes do.

    The former indicate Neutral, which the latter indicate Chotic Evil
    True Law and Pure Good proc on Neutral targets. You are hitting her before her Wards drop is all. Pure Good does work on her(Mineral 2; Good Blast), but only after she whimpers in fear.

  3. #3
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    310

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GlassCannon View Post
    True Law and Pure Good proc on Neutral targets.
    Yes, that is correct. But they have in the past not always proc'd properly on certain targets (notably constructs).

    Quote Originally Posted by GlassCannon View Post
    You are hitting her before her Wards drop is all.
    No - this is easy to demonstrate since she takes no melee damage at all before they drop. However, this does raise the other question I had about what bypasses her DR since Holy/Silver, Holy/Byeshk, Holy/Cold Iron all do not work...

    Quote Originally Posted by GlassCannon View Post
    Pure Good does work on her(Mineral 2; Good Blast), but only after she whimpers in fear.
    Although Good Plast & Pure Good are not necessarily coded the same, whacking her with Retribution indicates otherwise: 16 slash damage + immune + immune + immune

  4. #4
    Stormreach Advisor
    Founder

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    13,518

    Default

    Typically, hounds are chaotic and have DR/Lawful. I'm not sure about Xy'zzy, though at least she takes full damage from transmuters, so it's not DR/-.

  5. #5
    Community Member Turial's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,675

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tihocan View Post
    Typically, hounds are chaotic and have DR/Lawful. I'm not sure about Xy'zzy, though at least she takes full damage from transmuters, so it's not DR/-.
    I think mithral is the only defined metal attribute that transmuting lists, that players can not get as a random item, ie mithral longsword.
    970 sp and counting
    Help Fix Ranged Combat for Everyone. Come help complete the DDO Wiki

  6. #6
    Community Member BelVic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    306

    Default

    When she was hitting my tank with bramble caster gloves I saw damage in combat log. So guess she not immune to untyped damage. Now if somebody can craft weapon with untyped damage like Steam II or Corrosive salt and test would be good
    Fairytales don't teach us that dragons exist, but rather that dragons can be beaten.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload