Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Hero
    Knight of Movember
    2014 DDO Players Council

Interesting. I am glad for the players who really want it.

I always worry about peripheral vision with 1st person looks but I will be sure to give it a try.

I wonder what it will be like with creatures constantly attempting to flank and having to circle to meet them or getting that unexpected "whack" from behind you can get some sense of in 3rd person view.
    Gamma Tester, Dungeons & Dragons Online
    Beta Tester, DDO: Eberron Unlimited
    Alpha Tester, DDO: Stormreach

Default pretty sweet

will have to see it to see how much i will use it, but it could be really cool. Especially to see your great axe swing accross in front of you...
    ATARI SUCKS!!!!

Default First-person Camera View

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    Have you ever struggled to take a screenshot because your avatar is in the way? Trying to make a fan video, but you're Warforged head keeps blocking the view when you try and sneak around? Do you tend to navigate the game easier from a first person perspective? Good news - First-person view is coming!

You'll be able to mouse-wheel in on your character and see the world around you from the eyes of your avatar, rather than hovering behind/above them.

Still love the traditional 3rd person view? That's ok, you will be able to control your camera view by mouse-wheeling in/out to change from third-person, to first-person, and back again as often as you want!
    I'm way excited. This could be a lot of fun and draw in a lot of other players that like the 1st person view from other games.
    Bronko Lawbringer
    Founder, Guild Leader, & Official Meat Shield™ of THAC0 on Ghallanda

Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    Make Gazebo cry.
    www.thaczero.net

This sounds rather interesting. Any idea when you can expect it to be testable for us..?

Very nice
    **As the Great Emu is one with the hill, so am I with the Great Emu.**
    PlatinumKnightsddo.us

New options like this are all well and nice, so long new quests, new spells, bug fixes, new monsters, etc. were not short changed because of it. I'm well aware that different Turbine departments handle different things, but I don't necessarily think this was the biggest priority.
    The Leper Squad - Ghallanda

Community Member Lorien_the_First_One's Avatar

Nice change, thank you. I love FP view and it would be particularily useful in some hard to navigate quests.

Nice option - and something that will pull people in to try the game - or try it again.

I suspect that many people will find sight lines too restricted and have a lot trouble targetting through allies.. but that's a question of what you expect and are used to..

It will be great! for screen shots, if nothing else.
    <|| “Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch’entrate.” ||>
    AEsahaettr | AlfredSartan | Botharel | PeterMurphy | Weesham etc.

You'll be able to mouse-wheel in on your character and see the world around you from the eyes of your avatar, rather than hovering behind/above them.
    Cool. Coming from Mechwarrior world, the option to FPV is something I missed. Thanks!

In the green heart of GERMANY - where wilderness means the next village is 3 klicks away.

Nice. I like it!
    Erzskalde (Warchanter) / Erzmarschall (melee FvS) / Erzsoldat (waiting for TR-time) / Erzschmied (ranged Artificer)

AOK - From Argonnessen

Quote Originally Posted by Gunga View Post
    Oh brother. Really? Tell me that this is just a byproduct of another big project that the programming resources were expended for.

First person view, huh?

Can't wait...
    Gunga - do you ever say anything positive?
    Captain's Crew - Ghallanda

Community Member

Good: more immersive and realistic.

Bad: no peripheral vision (3rd person view provides pseudo peripheral vision, not to mention "eyes in the back of your head").

Community Member Lorien_the_First_One's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by branmakmuffin View Post
    Good: more immersive and realistic.

Bad: no peripheral vision (3rd person view provides pseudo peripheral vision, not to mention "eyes in the back of your head").
    Being able to choose means you get the best of both and can with a touch of your mouse switch between for the best in the situation you are in. Sounds like Turbine is doing this one right.

Quote Originally Posted by redraider View Post
    Gunga - do you ever say anything positive?
    no he doesnt

not on the forums anyway.

He is actually pretty cool in game
    main toons: hauteur(silly caster) Sttomper (silly barbarian)-jammiee (Silly paladin)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    You are still completely free to run around like a jackrabbit on caffeine.
    quem deus vult perdere, dementat prius

Talking

Have you ever struggled to take a screenshot because your avatar is in the way? Trying to make a fan video, but you're Warforged head keeps blocking the view when you try and sneak around? Do you tend to navigate the game easier from a first person perspective? Good news - First-person view is coming!

Still love the traditional 3rd person view? That's ok, you will be able to control your camera view by mouse-wheeling in/out to change from third-person, to first-person, and back again as often as you want!
    Any addition to the game without changing the old ways can't be a bad thing

Is it really first person view or just the ability to zoom in more? How does it affect how I control my movements?

As long as everything stays the same outside of first person I could really care less about it.
    Tassandra - The Bard Seth - ♠♣The Rogue♥♦Tassander - The Cleric ♀ Calysto - The Wizard ♀
    Giott
    - The Barbarian ♂ Robotass - The Warforged ♀ Elves - The Ranger Tashas - The Sorceress ♀

I wonder if lag will look any different in FP view?
    ~ Slayer of the Unwashed, Vice Chair for Disinterest & Apathy of the Grand & Glorious Brotherhood
    of the Soooo Not Politically Correct, and Nefarious Devourer of Frosted Goodness ~

…clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, here I am…

Community Member

First-person view is coming!
    ... I am torn over this. Yes this is something I have _desperately_ wanted, but since we had this in bugged form during BETA, the fact that it has taken three and a half years to get it into the game leaves me a little underwhelmed...

You'll be able to mouse-wheel in on your character and see the world around you from the eyes of your avatar
    From my notes, this is virtually word for word how I suggested it should work in beta

This may actually open the game to more player. Nice add Devs.

I say this because i tried to draw in some friends and my brother to the game but, the 3rd person style made them all seasick (yea yea i know its hypersensitive motion sickness). I kid you not !!!!

Devs', maybe if you could work on a lock mech too? Sounds little but if it could be locked into first person view, it would help those who do suffer from motion sickness from 3rd person viewing.
    3 Parts Potassium Nitrate, 1/2 part Charcoal and 1/2 part Sulfur add external heat source and PHOOSH!!!!!
    Aegean-Clr, Balar-Ftr,Cyclonik-Wiz, Davir-Rog, Soroden-Sorc, Towong-Mnk, Waring-Rng

now this is some good news. i hope it pans out.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast